Two Letters to The Lycaeum in Worlds Mouth

Where all the pigeons flock to leave their messages to the good people in the Western Kingdom.

Moderator: Mods

Torc Blackfoot
Tazlure Supporter

Two Letters to The Lycaeum in Worlds Mouth

Post by Torc Blackfoot »

Torc Blackfoot sat down for the evening. He was tried and spent of magic and it would feel good to receive a nights rest, for there was much to do tomorrow. Torc began to undress feeling the flesh from his scars pulling as he moved. To many battles, To many fights…

And as he tugged off his shirt Torc realized something that he should have thought of long ago. Taking out ink and two sheets of paper Torc wrote two letters.

To Head Curator Milanas of The Lycaeum,

Many months ago a young fool thinking of killing liches and finding answers to legends entered the Great Library. You were kind to him and helped him on his path of discovery. I am ashamed to admit that I was perhaps quite rude and didn’t know a piece of good advice if it slapped me in the face. I wanted to thank you for your help and patience. For a while now I have been on my own and have needed help. Most of my ties to others have been severed and I would my hind teeth for the Lycaeum to be just a down the street.

So I have decided to write this letter for two reasons. The first was to apologize for my behavior and ask for your forgiveness. The second was to ask for your help, I currently reside in Pax Balthasar. I have come across a rather unique problem with area. It seems an entity wishes to be healed. This entity is a remnant of a powerful protection weave that was formed in a city called Selderine. The mage named Baltimus was the one who cast such a weave. There also seems to be a prophecy about a Builder, Healer, and Singer about this town. If you could please task one of your librarians on this I will pay his fee and any report that he can put together. Also, there might be a package or notes for me on order form a man who goes by Maximillian. If such is the case please send them to me.

If you can not help me in this matter, I understand and harbor no ill feelings. I would only ask one other thing then, please have someone deliver the enclosed letter to a gravestone in the Gibbets. One of the stones will have the name Malthus on it and the time and date on it. The other gravestone by its side will have been scorched.
Thank you Milanas for all the help that you have given me.

Torc Blackfoot
Hedgemage of Brie

Torc then sat down and thought about the next letter he was to write. After what seemed like a candlemark, Torc wrote.

Maximillian,

I sometimes laugh to myself about what happened that day when you rescued me. Sometimes I curse your name to my God. You have made me question everything about fate and freewill. My ego sometimes leads me to believe that I am your student. Other times I think that you have become an obsession and a ghost, something that I have seen just out of the corner of my eye and will never see again. I need your help, as a student or just as a man of magic asking for help from another.

I am in Pax Balthasar, you may have known it as Selderine, I have found the cornerstones and focus. I have seen the power of the weave, the entity is trying to protect the people of the city, but everyone looks at its destructive forces and fears for them. If I was to help repair the weave it could help protect the people again. My fear is that I am to close to the situation, and believe it to be something it is not.

I once sought your destruction for forgiveness. Little did I know that you were a good man helping the future for all of us. I just don’t wish to make the same mistake twice. The entity has killed guards, who too many here were enemies. It has brought a wall from the past into the now and raised all those who died, in what ever fiery death, back to live. I worry that it seeks to keep using its power and putting stress on the flow of time. Should I destroy it and then reset it? Should I just reform the weave? Should I decided it was a mistake of the past and kill it?

Thank you for saving me,
Torc Blackfoot
Diviner, Seeker of the Golden Path.

Reference for knowledge on the gravestones: http://www.tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=7584
Avatar thanks to http://www.kiriko-moth.com or Kirko.

Official Member of DMD club since 2005!

Help choose Torc's Familiar!
https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?p=221017#221017
Morg

Post by Morg »

A response to Torc's first letter arrived during late morningtide of Jygust 31st, delivered to his home.

A blotched hand wrote:To Hedgemage Torc Blackfoot,

You have my forgiveness, for what it is worth. I recall that when we met you were seeking knowledge, a noble aim, but that my concern as to your purpose led me to deliver advice that was not what you wanted to hear. I think that I perhaps underestimated you then. Regardless, I hope that we can both put past disagreements aside. I will concentrate on helping you as one seeker of knowledge should help another.

The matter of Pax Balthasar has been brought to my attention by another source, and I thank you for the additional information you have provided. I have dispatched one of my curators, a man named Ambrosi, to investigate. All that we have been able to ascertain regarding Pax Balthasar and Selderine has been sent on to him. He and his assistants will make their camp in a red tent. Seek him out if you wish to learn more - he will be instructed to provide you with whatever information you need. There is no need for payment.

I regret to inform you that no package in your name has been left with us. We will, however, deliver the enclosed letter as you have requested.

May you walk in the light of reason,

Battista Milanas
Head Curator of the Lycaeum

To the second letter there was as yet no response.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Royal Mail”