Pax: A good day's work Jygust 30th Early ET

Moderators: Vanadius, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Pax: A good day's work Jygust 30th Early ET

Post by Guest »

Walking down main street Pax, Kasruhltin looks around to the very familiar surroundings. The buildings are mostly humble in their appearance, though they have taken on a new mysterious look with the twisting of stone with wood. He has lived here long enough to know the contents of most of the buildings and the owners of thus contents. Kas has almost grown use to the increased number of troops around. He first felt a little uneasy about all the troops, though with the amount of refugees and all the commotion that has been happening here in the recent past, they have been a welcomed addition. It was a mix of emotions though he has always followed the law to the letter.

Kas as well has become accustomed to the surrounding buildings and as such barely notices them as he walks down the road toward the portal. The day has been beautiful, a warm summer's day, perfect for the festival that starts soon. I should go down and see the sights, Kas thinks to himself. He waves to a few people he knows as he heads down for his daily drink and meal at the Nether's Gate Tavern. He notices that the fire pots are being lit by one of the employees.

"Wow I must of stayed later than I thought." Kas says to no one in particular.

Kas thinks back over the day, remembering the different things he had been learning. He hopes that his skills have improved a bit though he can't tell as he sees only all the things that went wrong. He continues to try and produce the quality that is expected. "ah well, no use worrying about that now it's behind me. It has been a good day's work" says Kas as he heads for the door.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

(OOC; could you please timestamp your thread with the date and tide - I can't really describe what is occuring within the tavern :) wiithout knowing this!)

Nether's Gate stands just across the way from the Provost Office, and is near enough to the portal and large enough compared with the other, scant dwellings to dominate the newly formed and mutable skyline somewhat. Though only a mere three stories tall this is more than enough to dwarf the other buildings in its shadow, and it is wider and more strongly built than many of the surrounding homes - built along similar lines to the Provost Office itself in choosing practicality over aesthetic appearance. Two large firepots sit on either side of the wide door and, lit at night, create a welcoming glow to tempt passersby into the interior.

Inside, the shabby tavern is surprisingly clean and well lit, the floor strewn with clean straw among the polished but worn wooden tables and chairs. There is a long, wooden bar that dominates one wall of the place, though it is the most basic of things and is as practical and wooden as most of the rest of the place.

Beyond the main room, the 'Gate, as it's fondly known by much of the Pax Honestus, hosts a number of more intimate delights than mere beverages can provide. For not only is Nether's Gate a tavern, entertainment hall and gathering place for all, it also serves as a brothel. Upstairs one could hear the sound of giggling and running feet. The girls of the Nether's Gate knew how to please a man, and keep his mind off the rough daily life of Pax.

A good day's work Jygust 30th Early ET

Post by Guest »

Walking through the firepots Kas notices that it is as clean as always in here.
watching the employees hustling around with their varied tasks, while he hears the giggles of the gals upstairs. This all felt very comfortable to him now that he had grown fond of this place.

Going in the rest of the way he looks for an open seat. Asking for the usual he goes to sit down and think about the different plans and such that he had tried to learn today. His hands seem to be adjusting to the tools that he had used today. "Now", he thought, "if those tools would just do what he told them." Laughing to himself "as if the tools controlled my hands, though sometimes I think it would be easier." Laughing to himself, he looked up to see if there was anyone on the way with his order.
Guido Cercatoro

The tavern was full and bustling with life. Many traders and residents of the town were taking a final drink before venturing to the festival field or spending money on the other delights of the tavern. Several groups of youths - achadhiel, adhiel and human were exchanging boisterous stories and taking part in a variety of drinking games. A lone bard was trying vainly to get his stringed instrument heard above the noise in the tavern. With a sigh and a shrug he put down his instrument and made his way to the bar.

There were no spare tables in the tavern but a couple of vacant seats at the bar. As Kas approached the bar, he was greeted by a young, blond barmaid. “Can I get you a drink, sir?” She treated the achadhiel to a friendly smile.

As the barmaid waited for her new customer’s reply, the bard arrived at the bar. He was a tall, thin lad with almost white hair. “May as well have a drink, Rosie,” he said ruefully to the barmaid. “Don’t think anyone can hear me tonight.” The barmaid gave him a sympathetic smile.

Post by Guest »

As Kas was heading to the bar, he noticed the fair number of youths partaking in the spirits of the establishment. Sitting down he responded to the question...
“Can I get you a drink, sir?”

"I'll have what he is having, Thanks." Kas said hoping to inspire a conversation with the musically talented.

As Kas waited for his drink, he contemplated food options. Deciding that it was getting late, he decided to forgo any food for the night. He might decide to go to the festival in a little while.
Guido Cercatoro

“Two pints of special it is then,” replied the barmaid with a smile.

The bard turned to Kas. “You won’t regret it. It’s the best ale here. A little more expensive than the standard gutrot they serve but worth the extra banner.”

The barmaid returned with two pints of foaming ale. “Have this one on me,” continued the white-haired lad. “Are you here for the festival or for some other reason? I’m Cordin by the way. Supposed to be the musical entertainment tonight but I don’t think I’m going to be needed.” He stuck out a long thin hand for Kas to shake.
Guido Cercatoro

Archived due to player inactivity

Return to “The Baron Estates Archives”