Jumping Ship: To a New Life (Jygust 31st EMT) - Thalia

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Jumping Ship: To a New Life (Jygust 31st EMT) - Thalia

Post by Haikan »

Early Morningtide -6am-

Thalia was surrounded by water and bubbles of air as she plunged into the lake. The water was pleasant and warm, and the looming figure of the ship she'd just abandoned hung overhead until she surfaced. As she burst through the surface of the Mer, and she tread to stay afloat, a cool breeze met her wet face and hair, sending a chill through her body. The water was like a haven of warmth, to escape it would be to accept the frigidity of cool morning air against wet clothes.

"Pull up the anchor! Man the sails!" The captain's voice barked and as the ship so familiar to Thalia made it's way off, the docks of the Waterworks were all that Thalia could see before her. Her past was behind her, sailing away, and now all there was left, was her future, which sounded distinctly like a mesh of ringing buoys and tolling bells, harmonized with the cry of greedy seagulls, and the pounding of hammers against wood in the Waterworks yard.

A dense forest of masts is the first signal that something is up. Masts of different woods, sizes and diameters, sporting the flags of the known countries of Tazlure, announce the site of the Waterworks Yard. They reach out above the granaries and warehouses cramming the docks and thus grace the port-area with grandeur uncommon to the skyline of an average harbour. A heavy oak gate bars the path of any people searching for the roots of those tall poles. Beside it there is a small but sturdy cabin housing three beefy guards. Passage is only granted to those capable of handing over a written permission from a trusted supplier or from an employee of the shipyard itself.

Inside the well-guarded gate the atmosphere is dominated by a hive of activity. Shipbuilding is divided into clearly defined segments. Although ship parts seem to dot the complete area at random the opposite is true. Every single piece of building material is at its rightful place and being prepared for further processing. Workmen of all ages, races and trades work together in a united camaraderie. They shine with a pride born from the knowledge that a ship from their workshop, when completed, will be recognized and honoured as one of the best vessels braving the high seas.

In the middle of all the hustle and bustle a building emerges between the squat, low, slate roofed workshops. This, the only stone build structure on the premises, houses the office of the owner of the Waterworks. The ground floor is used as a design studio. Here ideas bloom and models are built to test them. Littering almost every surface available are prototypes of almost every ship commissioned in the yard. Some new, more advanced vessels can also be spotted, providing you know your goat from your sheep within the shipbuilding trade. During the ascent of the stairs, propped in the far corner of the building, another room reveals itself. Taking up the whole of the second floor and filled with files and documents is the Waterworks’ archive. This dusty space contains the written briefs and contracts of the ever growing clientele.

Reaching the top of the creaky staircase one is presented with a room clearly in strife with itself. Signs of lowly savagery and elements of highest sophistication battle for attention in this the office of the yardmaster. Fierce and dangerous weapons line one wall while dotted around the room fine sculptures and detailed drawings can be spotted. The room expresses the roots and drives of an interesting personality.

The improbable owner of all this is an Orc. Well, not your average Orc, no, a vertically challenged one at that. However, his vision and shipbuilding skills make up for the slight deficiency with ease. Master Navirez is the proud mind that created this, one of the largest shipyards on Tazlure. Accustomed to working alongside humans and other races, this 2.4 paces tall former member of the Targri-orcs has covered his fierce personality with a thin layer of civility. He finds this makes his dealings with non-orcs less stressful and sometimes even enjoyable. The moment he came to this new insight his enterprise started to bloom as none before. Now some ten years down the line his knowledge and vision is beyond doubt and everyone keeps wondering about his next revelation.

Ahead of her and past the docks she could see ten strong humans carrying a fifty foot mast toward what was most likely their latest project. To her right there was a dinghy that was tied off to a dock, with a metal ladder next to it. To her left there was a hulking ship with a rope ladder hanging down beside her.
Last edited by Haikan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

Post by Thalia Maelstrom »

Thalia floundered slightly in the water as she worked to push her now heavy dark curls out of her pale face. Large eyes the same grey green shade as the water she had just landed in darted around quickly and watched the hulking ship that had just recently been her passage creak through the water and away from her. Good. She figured being found on the merchant ship when it docked wouldnt have suited anyone well. It never did well to promise something you werent going to deliver, but considering her choices she was more willing to lure the captain with the promise of coin she didnt have then stay where she was.

That didnt matter now, that life was behind her. Now she had new choices to make and they were all her own. Starting with the one before her. She appraised the ship to her side with it's rope ladder and quickly decided against it. Escaping unknown from one ship only to choose another didnt seem like the most logical choice. Instead she swam over to the dock with it's dark ladder. Ignoring the shiver that was working it's way down her spine at the touch of the cool metal and even cooler air above her she slowly clambered to the top of the dock, already regretting leaving the warmth of the waves. Cautious still of being caught she raised her face slowly above the sea stained wood to peer along the dock.
Last edited by Thalia Maelstrom on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our being is subject to all the chances of life. There are so many things we are capable of, that we could be or do. The possibilities are so great that we never, any of us, are more than one-fourth fulfilled.
-Katherine Anne Porter
Shea Artrien
Civus

Post by Shea Artrien »

The loud, wet crunch of a man contentedly eating apple filled the space between Thalia and the dark-haired sailor seated a few yards down the dock. His feet lazily dangling over the side of the wooden structure, he seemed lost in thought as he munched upon the piece of fruit. A swordbelt bearing a sheathed rapier lay a few feet from his side, temporarily discarded for comfort.

Pausing, the handsome sailor made a face and raised a finger to his mouth, obviously trying to remove a stray bit of apple skin that had lodged between two teeth. He seemed completely oblivious to her presence.
[i]"Just because something you said makes a man at the bar want to use his sword to kill you...well, that doesn't mean that what you said wasn't funny."[/i] ~ Shea

[size=75]Avatar courtesy of nwvault.ign.com[/size]
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

This particular long dock didn't have any people on it, aside from three people. Two of them were clearly workers; a portly young man with brown shortly shaved hair and a five o'clock shadow, held a mop in hand, and a black-haired halfling held the bucket of soapy water that the man was using for mopwater. They seemed to be cleaning something up. It was a dark reddish brown stain that appeared to be dried blood. "Damned new recruits. Navirez is attracting some bloody violent folk to this shipyard," said the roundish man.

"Hey now, don't talk bad on Navirez! He's the only one in the whole city who would hire me! Not to mention he's a darn good architect of the seaworthy variety, y'know?" The halfling protested, to which the human simply nodded.

"Yer right, he's a man to be respected, I just... I'm not too pleased with the disappearances, and with Ralph gone now, I wonder if it's worth it all." He paused and looked behind him, seeing Shea and he took a step back. "Hey mister, what are you doing in the shipyard? I don't think I've seen you before. Do you work here?"

The two of them didn't notice Thalia, and neither did the man that Portly was interrogating. He was casually chewing on an apple and sitting on the edge of the dock, evidently slacking off. Another chilling wind wrapped her entire body in a blanket of merciless cold, and the clothes that draped away from her skin were even colder than the air when she touched them. It was quite uncomfortable, and it's likely that she would get catch a cold soon if she didn't either change clothes or get back in the water.
Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

Thalia felt her teeth start to chatter with the cold and cursed not having picked thicker traveling clothes then the easy flowing shirt that now clung to her arms and back like an icy second skin and the simple black bodice that she was pretty sure had attracted some sort of seaweed collection against her skin. And the leather pants were probably ruined. What a waste.

Seeing how empty the dock was besides the three figures, another curse raised unspoken to her mind. There was no way she was going to get on the dock without notice. Figuring she have a beter chance of hiding unnoticed closer to shore and the other docks she oppted for the water. She quickly slid back down the ladder, thanking the Gods as she was enveloped in the salty warmth again. Seeing the dark underside of the dock brought to mind to many unbidden fears over barnacle encrusted tentacles for her comfort to be able to swim under the dock. So instead she swam against the side of the dock, moving from post to post, carefully watching the dangling feet of Shea and listening to the conversations above her as she approached their direction and hopefully the shore.
Our being is subject to all the chances of life. There are so many things we are capable of, that we could be or do. The possibilities are so great that we never, any of us, are more than one-fourth fulfilled.
-Katherine Anne Porter
Shea Artrien
Civus

Post by Shea Artrien »

Haikan wrote:
"Hey mister, what are you doing in the shipyard? I don't think I've seen you before. Do you work here?"

"Hmmm? Working? No...can't say I work here." Shea shrugged and lifted one dangling foot to the top of the dock, glancing back over his shoulder. "Just enjoying the view, actually. Alot of nice work here of the seaworthy variety."

His manner was relaxed as he returned his gaze to the water and as almost an afterthought the dark-haired man said, "Lookin' for mermaids."
[i]"Just because something you said makes a man at the bar want to use his sword to kill you...well, that doesn't mean that what you said wasn't funny."[/i] ~ Shea

Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

"Lookin' for mermaids."

Thalia smirked as she gazed at the slants lights and slightly swaying shadows of the men through the slats of the dock above her and cocked her face to the side as she listened to a conversation that would probably be to her advantage. Whoever the dangling foot belonged to didnt seem to be aware of how aggrivating his comment could come across. Either that or he only knew to well what power words had. If she played her cards right, she could cause enough of a distraction to make her way to shore unnoticed. Maybe.

Let's take a gamble, shall we? After all, her day couldnt really get much worse.

Pushing lightly away from the barnacle incrusted post in front of her, the young woman trailed backwards through the water and her own surrounding dark curls of waist length hair just enough till she could just see the face that belonged to the boot above her. Grinning slightly with a finger to her lips in the symbol of silence she waited for the man to notice.
-Katherine Anne Porter
Shea Artrien
Civus

Post by Shea Artrien »

This is the part where they tell me to move along...or worse, call for the guard...no different than I'd have done when I was working the docks with Grandfather, I suppose...

Shea gave a barely preceptible sigh, readying himself for the verbal assault that was surely to come, his mind racing. As a matter of fact, he had just about settled on his next course of action and was opening his mouth to speak when suddenly every bit of logical thought drained from him.

Not ten feet away, hiding in the water below the dock, was a mermaid.

One of the beautiful creatures of myth and legend, the very ones he had just mentioned, and there it was, right before his very eyes. And she was "shhh-ing" him. The dark-haired swashbuckler's mouth drooped open forming a small "o" and he cocked his head slightly to the left.

And so it appears I've gone mad.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The halfling jabbed Portly in the stomach with his elbow and pulled him down by his ear so he could whisper (loudly) to him the error of his ways. "Simon, that's gotta be one of the detectives we been hearin' about! Navirez hired them all hush-hush like, y'hear? Folks say their lookin' out for them disappearances." Despite his secrecy, it was more than audible to the intruder their confusion of his origin.

"Sorry mate, I didn't mean no disrespect, if you think mermaids be takin' our crewmates, well... Then give them mermaids what for!" Orbis bowed his head slightly and returned to his blood mopping. He muttered something to his halfling friend that resembled 'Why didn't you tell me sooner?'

A long smooth surface glided along Thalia's leg, and it floated up and past her, inches from the surface. It appeared to be a human-sized seal, with white-toned skin. As soon as it'd come, it floated away, to the other side of the dock and towards a ladder of another dock past this one that formed a path onto the shore that led to a three story stone building.

OOC: as this is an entrance thread, I would like you two to maintain some sort of posting order. Once you are in the city you can hyperpost to your heart's content, but let's keep an order for now.
Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

She grinned widely at the stranger's even stranger face as he saw her. She was almost surprised he didnt fall into the water.

"Sorry mate, I didn't mean no disrespect, if you think mermaids be takin' our crewmates, well... Then give them mermaids what for!"

That sent her over the top. She almost choked on the seawater trying not to laugh at halfling's companion's statement. She really did choke alittle when the slippery form rubbed past her legs. She froze temporarily as the seal lifted out of the water and watched it swim towards the ladder. Taking in that there was not going to be a distracting confrontation above her with the men that she could use as cover, the ladder the seal had moved to seemed to next best option. She gave a small thanks to the seal for being a messenger to her. You never knew when the Gods we're helping, it couldnt hurt to thank them, but it could hurt to offend. She quickly swam under the dock and headed for the ladder leaving the shocked man to deal with his decent into madness himself.
-Katherine Anne Porter
Shea Artrien
Civus

Post by Shea Artrien »

Usually unflappable, Shea sat stunned for a moment as the captivating creature in the water grinned mischieviously at him. He inhaled sharply as she seemingly became distracted and then darted away beneath the dock itself.

The green eyed swordsman half-turned then, thinking for a moment to tell the two dockworkers what he'd seen, but then thought better of it.

Obviously, Shea, ol' son, they didn't see her, or they'd never be staring at you right now...but rather, trying to catch a better glimpse o' her. Either you're mad or worse, they'll think you are. Better you should worry about how you're going to get your bum out of here...

A slight pause, and then Shea coughed, and slowly rose up off of the aging wooden platform, brushing off his rear, and taking up his swordbelt in his other hand.

Disappearances? Good gods, what have I stumbled into? Serves me right for wanting to eat my lunch here...should have paid the coin for a table at the tavern...

"Aye, yes...I'm...uh, here to investigate, lads. And I've been, um, getting a look at the whole o' the yard, as it were, seeing what there is to see." He shook his head slightly and muttered, "Mermaids, indeed."

The swashbuckler made a show of methodically belting his sword back on, slowly warming to his role and letting the lull in the conversation grow heavily before adding, "Perhaps now you gentlemen can be so kind as to tell me what you know of the recent events? Why don't we start at the begining, eh?"
Last edited by Shea Artrien on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Thalia followed the seal and it was a good thing she had. The two on the docks would never have believed a frail woman could be hired by Navirez. Well, Portly at least was rather chauvanistic, the halfling was more openminded to these things. Not that any of it mattered, Thalia pulled out a dodge as she swam under the docks and neared the ladder.

--=--

"Well, we workers ain't told much, for our own good, y'see." The halfling began to speak to Shea nervously, as if discussing the matter would cause him to disappear himself. "Some says that there be orcs 'round here, kidnapping people. Our supervisor Ralph disappeared just last night, when the first detective work was supposedly done. Master Navirez's been hiring just about anyone who's capable in a fight and got a clever wit, and he insists we shouldn't know the whole scene o' things until it's safe again. Master James Vassaille leads the team of detectives, but you know that." The halfling spit out that mouthful and pointed to the stone building that Thalia was incidentally swimming to at this very moment. "James is in there as usual, if you need to report back to him."

"That's just about all we know, mister... Say what's your name?"
Shea Artrien
Civus

Post by Shea Artrien »

"You're awful quiet, there. Nothing to add? I believe I asked each of you to tell me what you knew?" Shea's statement was more of a bark than a question, jerking his attention to Portly.

Adding his best distrustful glare, the sailor blatantly ignored the halfling's question. "What's that you're mopping up there, eh? Blood?"

OOC: My apologies on the hyperposting. My fault. I got carried away.
Last edited by Shea Artrien on Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

While feeling smugly pleased at perhaps changing the man's veiw of all things magical, she knew she was pressing her luck. Reaching the next dock the seal had led her to, Thalia grasped the ladder and quickly scrambled up to the top hoping the conversating workers she had left behind wouldnt see her. She had better find some cover. It was bad enough knowing that people were poking around looking for anything strange. Detectives? For a wharf? She had only been out on her own for a few days and already things had reached a level of strange she had never considered. Although from the sound of the men's conversations before she had dipped away, they didnt seem used to it either.

Nevermind that though, if people were looking for anything strange, a sopping wet woman wandering the docks wasnt going to fit the bill of normal. Perhaps the squat stone building she had seen from her bobbing position in the water would offer cover of some sort. It didnt really seem to fit in with the rest of the scene.
-Katherine Anne Porter
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Portly took a step closer to Shea and looked him in the eyes, confused. "Mate, have you been drinking seawater? We told you that's all we know about it. You're supposed to be the detective." He paused for a moment and rolled his eyes, returning to his job of mopping up the blood. Navirez is too lenient with the type o' folk he hires... Portly thought his dismay to himself, not wanting to offend a supposedly outranking officer.

"Well, yes this is blood. Wasn't it your team that spilled it?" The halfling also looked puzzled. "Or did you just join up today? I don't mean to pry but we've assumed these bloodstains had to do with the detectives that were here last night."

-=-

If she so chose, Thalia would find herself able to enter the stone building without getting noticed, as the stretch of land between her and the door was slight, and she could move quick enough to avoid being noticed. She would however leave a trail of water behind her, but nothing too conspicuous.
Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

Seeing no one about to hinder her free pathway to the squat stone building ahead Thalia quickly scrambled to her feet on the top of the dock and tried to shake off as much water at a moment's notice as she could. Most of if from her now increasingly heavy encumberance of waist length hair. Glancing over to the man she had convinced of mermaids and his new companions of information she darted towards the wooden portal of her next escape attempt. Even if they saw her at this point, well, what did it matter, in mere seconds she was at the door and pulling it open to slip inside.
-Katherine Anne Porter
Shea Artrien
Civus

Post by Shea Artrien »

Maintaining a somewhat suspicious stare, but softening his approach, Shea admitted, "I've yet to personally hear the report from last night's detectives...hmmm." Shea moved nearer to the blood-stained planks, glancing down at the area being mopped.

What in the world am I doing? Get out of here, Shea, before they call for the captain of the watch...

The dark-haired sailor glanced around, taking in the scene with an exaggerated sigh. "Truth to tell, gentlemen, I'm doing the best I can to try and impress Master Vassaille with my thoroughness and insight...but being the low man on the totem-pole, well..."

Shea let his voice trail off in the manner of common workers everywhere, trying to let the unspoken "my boss hates me" feeling linger, "...but I'm not always kept in the loop."

A slight shrug and then the sailor made a motion to leave the area and asked, "You said that Master Vassaille was in the stone structure?"
Last edited by Shea Artrien on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As soon as Thalia slipped into the stone building, the door was closed quickly by a hairy-knuckled hand and looking down at her was a large man, who she'd bumped into as she slipped inside. "I'd be master Vassaille, the man lookin' after these parts. Who are ye, and what are ye doin' here?" He spoke raspily and impatiently, voicing himself immediately, not allowing her to interject.

James was tall and thick. He stood at about 6’4” and was rippled with dense muscle that showed off long years of hard work and little rest. Navirez refers to him as a big baby, but his subordinates have often called him a terrifying gorilla. A brown handlebar moustache draped over his mouth, and his skin was rough and tan. A pipe was hanging out of his mouth, but it was unlit. His eyes were beady and brown, and his head was bald and shiny. His arms, legs and knuckles were thickly carpeted with hair.

"Well? Ye got four seconds before I throw you to the sailors. They haven't had a cute lass like you in a good while, it wouldn't be no happy sight I tell ya."

-=-

The two workers on the dock nodded as Shea questioned them and explained himself. "That's right. he works in that building, with the captain," Portly said as he pointed to the stone structure. The two of them didn't show much sympathy toward him, for while it wasn't unlikely that James didn't like him, their boss disappeared last night, so they felt slightly more out of commission in that regard. Portly then spoke up, with a wave of his hand, as if dismissing him.

"I wish you the best of luck, mate. Really. If you talk to James and he briefs you, I'm sure you'll know what's goin' on, and the detectives from last night'll give you quite the earful no doubt."
Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

Thalia gaped at the huge man before her and tried to quickly gather her thoughts, and good excuses while her brain screamed curses of frustration. It probably would have been so much easier to try to reason with the merchant captain at this point. She took a deep breath, tried to put on a insulted, brave face and hoped that handlebar mustached gorillas didnt have super hearing and couldnt hear her pounding heart as it tried to race out of her chest.

"My name, Sir, is Thalia Maelstrom, and how dare you talk to me like that when I am obviously in distress. Here I am, having just left the ship I was carried on and was pushed of dock by an unknown assailant!" She gestured to her sodden attire that was dripping a steady puddle onto the floors below Vassaille. " I dont know what's going on here, with strange figures attacking people trying to get into the city, but I would seriously like to file a complaint!" She finished her little speech with an indignant huff.
-Katherine Anne Porter
Shea Artrien
Civus

Post by Shea Artrien »

"Then I'll take my leave of you and let you gents get back to work. Thank you for your time. Good day to you." Shea gave each man a small nod and then turned to make his way back down the long wooden dock.

I could just run. Or better, walk right past the building and out the gates. Wouldn't be that hard, actually. Usually watchmen are looking to keep people out of the shipyards, not in. Still...with all these disappearances, they might be more on their guard. However, this could just be an opportunity set in my lap...

Shea looked up from his reverie as he approached the only stone build structure on the premises, houses the office of the owner of the Waterworks.

Shea, just walk away. Shea, this is a bad idea. Shea...

Heedless of his own inner warnings, the former fisherman made his way straight for the front door of the building as if he belonged there and had every right to be doing just that.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Attacked, were ye? I know a little somethin' of bein' attacked on a ship. Those folk didn't happen to be green, did they?" He narrowed one eye and furrowed his brow questioningly, eager to hear about this 'attack,' seeing as he was in charge of preventing just those. "The attackers, that is. If they were green, yer lucky to be standin' here now. Did ye happen to see that patch o' blood out on the dock?" Casually, he pulled the pipe from his mouth and continued to stand between Thalia and the rest of the room, hulking over her with the smell of soap radiating, and overpowering the smell of the lakewater that was on Thalia. His hand was still firmly pressed up against the door.

Inside the building was thankfully warm, and safe from the piercing cold wind that caused the young lady to shiver so intensely. "Unless you want to be pickin' up a sword against these folk, you don't have no place here," James said flatly, uninterested in the company of a sopping wet lady. "If ye do, stick around, but if not you can get lost. The shipyard ain't open for just anybody to saunter in, y'know."

-=-

The two workers nodded to Shea in return and diligently returned to their work as he moved down the dock towards the stone building. There was a trail of water leading to the closed door, and there were audible voices coming from inside.
Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

Seeing her story being bought, Thalia squared her shoulders abit more and tried to look as uninterested as she could at being caught between the door and the wall of a man before her.

"As I said, I was attacked from behind, and while I would love to give you as much information as I could, I didnt see anyone, just landed in the water." Then Thalia's curious mouth spoke out and without permission from her brain. "Does the blood and the green men have anything to do with the dissapearances and investigators lurking around here?" She never could resist anything strange as information and it was obvious something more then just shipping and trade work was going on here right now. Her brain followed up with a mental smack to the back of her head for opening her big mouth when she had the opportunity to leave right before her.
-Katherine Anne Porter
Shea Artrien
Civus

Post by Shea Artrien »

Glancing down at the wet trail, Shea pondered its source to himself. Hmmm...surely there wasn't a trail of blood all the way down here, was there? If so, its no wonder that the dockworkers are spooked.

Raising his hand to the handle, the young sailor paused a moment, taking a deep breath. Then, without letting himself have time to think through what he was doing...and in truth, he really wasn't sure, himself, Shea turned the knob to step inside.

"Hello...?"
Last edited by Shea Artrien on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Shea could turn the knob, but the door wouldn't budge inward. James gave a pound to it with his other hand and it caused the wooden surface to rattle, soon after being stilled by the stone frame around it.

"That depends, miss. Are ye gonna lend a hand? These green men aren't to be trifled with, and our dealings with them are top secret, hear? If ye got any wits to ya, and you can walk around all quiet like, or ya got some skill for a fight, we might just accept yer help in the future. If not, then I've got nothin' to say to you." He placed his pipe back in his mouth and swayed it back and forth with his teeth as he thought. "If ya want to join up, talk to one of my lessers. I'm a busy man." He spoke with an important air, and he turned away from her, walking towards the stairs.

"The captain be out for a stroll, so I'm holdin' down the fort. If ye ain't got nothin' to contribute, ye can take yer leave."

Shea could hear everything that was discussed quite easily through the loose doorframe. As they were speaking, a man began to approach the building, seemingly looking around him as he walked. The man had green skin, and he was nervously looking over his shoulder.
Thalia Maelstrom
Civus

She had only been in Roque for less then a day and already a real adventure. Excitement thrilled down her spine followed by a slight thud againse the back of her head as James banged the door. She quickly stepped away from the door rubbing the back of her head as soon as Vassaille turned and gave her toe room to step more into the room.

"I can get you information"

Thalia looked at the floor as she checked to see if she's get a knot on her skull from the door rattle. Cor, the man was strong. Speaking to the broad back of the ill tempered master she continued.

"From what I can tell, most people dont hold their tounge around a quiet, young lass with no brains in her pretty head." Her eyes flashed angrily at her own proclimation, thoughts of past experience with this judgement flying through her head.

"I bet I can get you information no one else has...where are the "lessers" I should talk to?"
Last edited by Thalia Maelstrom on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Katherine Anne Porter

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”