Burpin Dragon - Noontide Jy 31st - Open to ALL players!

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

When Galen finished his song Ashari gave him a mild clap paired with an amused expression. If Deianeira could be described as untrained than this achadhiel would be best described as naturally talented. His voice had the qualities that suggested he could learn as well as any other, and he certainly was something to look at. That, alone, could help.

"Kes'Levy?" she inquired. "That is the new city of T'aquar, is it not?.. the one that was won by the West." Ashari tried to stay aware of large events in the world. That one had garnered her attention but she knew little of it. Being from the Western Kingdom herself she enjoyed to hear when their war mongering was successful. Likely, Galen wouldn't feel the same way, though that highly depended on whether he was raised in unison with his bi-racial parents or by one or the other. It would flavor how he felt on the subject. Thankfully, Ashari wasn't so forward as to ask - at least not yet.

"If you will not sing together than you should accompany her with the Pan's Pipes. You've proven you can hold a lungful of air for your working song, I'm quite intrigued to hear you play your instrument. My students recently learned Pan's Pipes in classes by the illustrious Motley. Perhaps you've heard of his talents? He's quite renowned and a good friend of mine." Ash enjoyed talking about those she knew. The one everyone wanted her to talk about was the Caesar, Andolin, of whom she was a mistress, though she was rather mum on that particular subject.

"Do entertain me," she suggested and waved for the bar wench to refill her and Gotham's drinks. "Leave the pitcher, and do fetch us another few tankards." She said to the girl and then waved her off when she was done. Her attention returned to the achadhiel pair and waited on how they would handle the demands. Too much fun...
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Post by Deianeira Saitheria »

The dark skinned achadhiel nodded and turned to Galen. "What shall we play? what song shall we sing?" she questions warmly. "I want something that's pleasant, but not overly...": she takes a moment to try and come up with the worlds. "Strong, I want simple, but unique." she tells the male acadhiel. "Singing in accompyment with music, I can do that mistress." she tells Ashari. The demands weren't unreasonable... "Mistress," she says trying to take her time. "Thank you for ordering me." she smiles. trying to do her best courtesan impression.
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen thumbed the red-blond stubble on his jaw and thought for a moment. His eyes scanned Ashari's face then turned to Deianeira.

"What do you think?" he asked her in the Adhiel tongue, unsure whether either of the other two spoke the language. But he wanted to reach out to the young Achadhiel woman, the first half-elf his age he could remember meeting. "Since I don't know what songs you know, perhaps you can start singing and I'll jump in with something appropriate. How does that sound?"

He glanced over to the man with the pale blond hair and saw something in his eyes that made Galen believe that the man understood the Adhiel tongue. Galen reached into his rucksack and pulled out a curved pan flute that had an intricate design of grape vines painted on the pipes. He licked his lips, then raised the flute to his lips and played a simple scale, lingered on the top note with a gentle vibrato, then pulled the flute from his lips.

Galen looked up at Ashari and, gesturing towards a nearby chair, softly asked, "May I?" Without waiting for her response, he pulled the chair towards him and sat down. He set the pipes on his thigh and reached up to tuck some errant strands of auburn hair behind his ears. "Yes, mistress, Kes'Levy is indeed a magnificent city." I am not going to talk politics with this woman, he thought to himself. No good would come of it. "I'm afraid I do not know of this man Motley, but I don't really know anyone here in the Citadel. I just arrived here yesterday. I am, as they say, 'right off the boat.'" I don't know if this lady knows a lot of important people in the Citadel, he thought, but she sure seems to want me to think so.

Galen picked up his pipes and turned to Deianeira. "How about it?" he said to her with a wink and a toothy smile.
Last edited by Galenel on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]"If it harm none, do as you will. If it cause harm, do as you must." (Wiccan Rede)

"If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad." (Sheryl Crow)

[color=blue]Avatar courtesy of http://nuisum.deviantart.com/ - Thanks![/color][/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

Gotham wasn't in the mood for talking, however, when Galenel said something in adhiel, the panlings eyes flicked to his. With a nod to reassure his guess, the mixed breed of creation took another seat. When he revealed a set of prestine pan pipes his mind shifted to His isle. While the wrangler's thoughts were distracted by memories, of the people he met on his adventure, he couldn't help but wonder how they were fairing. Did the Oneists destroy the people of Pan or were they co-existing? Were they in pain or content with the turn of events? Gotham let the notion go, since he wasn't there and anything that was currently happening within the area of life he couldn't prevent.

The apprentice empath sat at the table and let his mind wander, but not too far.
"Protect life... until death."
--Leeloo, The Fifth Element.

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen guessed by the flicker in Gotham's pale eyes that the latter understood Adhiel, but saw no such reaction in Ashari's face.

A smile crossed Galen's face as Ashari sent the barmaid back for more drinks. The human woman carried herself with great confidence and seemed to take delight in giving others direction. Galen was not sure what to make of her.

He moved his pipes from one hand to the other as he looked over to the young Achadhiel woman, wondering what sort of song she would sing.
[size=75]"If it harm none, do as you will. If it cause harm, do as you must." (Wiccan Rede)

[color=blue]Avatar courtesy of http://nuisum.deviantart.com/ - Thanks![/color][/size]
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Pipes and music and voices. Deianeira humms a few light notes as if to set the tone. It's carefully planned song. Something local to the citadel, it's a romantic little dity, perhaps playing with the fact that she had a rather attractive half adhiel looking her in the eye.

"He danced with me in spring- when the leaves were green
He danced with me when falls colors were seen
He danced with me when cold winter wind pulled snow and swirled the cold

But left we when the icy waters turned to open sea, I'll wait for him no for he has gone to sea, she is mistress of his heart and I 'm no match for she."

She paused realizing the song wasn't perhaps the best choice. The rhythm was there a circluar song.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari didn't need to understand adhiel. If she really wanted to know what they were discussing she would've used her mind craft. As it was, she didn't really give much of a thought to their quick usage of their native language. Had she been as paranoid as her lover she would've been quick to instruct them to speak only in common, for her benefit. Luckily for Galen and D this wasn't the case.

When Galen asked to sit she nodded, though it was after he'd reached for his seat. Better to aquiesce than start a disagreement about allowance to Gotham and Ash's table. "If you stick around long enough I will introduce you to Motley," she said with a smile. "He delights in new audiences as well as students. You each could learn much from him." It was a shame Galen feared chatting politics with Ash, she enjoyed the subject very much.

She folded her fingers together as the pair played together and when they were done she gave another gentle clap. "Fresh off the boat then," she considered looking them both over. "And you, as well? New to the city?" She asked Deianeira. "What do you each plan to do now that you're here?" They were both too attractive to be wasted prostituting or as simple servants particularly as they each had talents, though, Deia had more of the sparkle of a would-be courtesan than her male counterpart. She wondered if he might be too strong willed for the part. Of course, Aerin was also quite strong willed and she was turning into a very promising student.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Looking at Ashari, the dark skinned half-Adhiel smiled. "No mistress, I've lived my whole life in the Citadel, miss." she says politely trying to be honest and true. She sounds almost sheepish at this fact. At never having traveled. "I've lived my whole life here. I a have three brothers, with them married and running shops and other things around town so I've lived with most of my life. As mother obviously didn't want me exposed to around --at all.. I guess." she snorts. making a small fist. She didn't like her mother or perhaps she just wanted to have one. It could be assumed, though her attitude the girl was almost to innocent, too straight forward to be a prostitute, to genuine and warm to almost be a courtesan. She had the looks, but maybe not the right mindset. Still a child very much- open innocent, believing in /good/ and knowing it will triumph. Though its clear she's loosing some of the innocence, not a lot but a little bit of it is wearing a way, being worn down by just living in the lower quarters of the city.
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Ashari wrote:"If you stick around long enough I will introduce you to Motley," she said with a smile. "He delights in new audiences as well as students. You each could learn much from him."

Galen narrowed his eyes as he gave the idea a flicker's thought. He had never before considered the idea of taking formal music lessons. His limited skill with the pipes was self-taught, something he had taken up a few yahren ago after watching a particularly talented piper perform at his uncle's tavern. He shrugged noncommittally and proceeded to play a tune in harmony with Deianeira's song. As he played, he glanced over to Ashari to gauge her reaction, minding all the while the attractive Achadhiel girl whose song he was following.

Ashari wrote:She folded her fingers together as the pair played together and when they were done she gave another gentle clap. "Fresh off the boat then," she considered looking them both over. "And you, as well? New to the city?" She asked Deianeira. "What do you each plan to do now that you're here?"

Galen listened to Deianeira's reply, and wondered how such an exotic looking young woman as she could be so given her limited experience in the world. Not that he was a world traveller, but he had travelled a little over the yahren with his uncles, visiting various parts of T'aquar as they found buyers for their Duolhaen wines and spirits. He had been under the impression that nearly everyone in the Citadel was a well-travelled person, but clearly this was not the case.

Galen turned to Ashari. "Mistress, I am not sure what I want to do, except that I need to find work. I grew up on a vineyard and orchard outside of Kes'Levy. My family—the Duolhaenan; perhaps you've heard the name—are makers of wines, brandies and other spirits from the fruits of our vineyards and orchards." He looked up to see if in fact any of the three had ever heard of his family's marque, which was fairly well known among connoisseurs of good drink in Kes'Levy and its environs.

"My uncle Faliel runs a tavern of sorts on the outskirts of Kes'Levy," he continued. "I spent several years working there, first as a busboy and dishwasher, then as a barkeep and wine steward. I suppose that's the work I am best suited to do." He felt a bit silly, as if he were reciting his qualifications for a would-be employer. "I know a lot about wines, brandies, ciders and spirits," he said proudly, then a flicker later added with a grin, "but not quite so much about beers and ales." He laid his pipes down, the curvature of the instrument nestling comfortably over his thigh. He rubbed his knuckle across his stubbled chin and shrugged to no one in particular. "But I'm a hard worker. I can learn. What do you think? Do you know of any place I should visit to ask about hiring on?"
Last edited by Galenel on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The pair were becoming boring. Ashari's initial intention had been to use her magick and encourage them to just have a pleasant lunch together so that she might hear Gotham's rumors. As they continued to prattle on about this and that without being entirely entertaining she rapidly found herself staring beyond them until finally Galen was asking some manner of question about whether or not she'd heard of his family or their (no doubt lovely) wine.

She dully shook her head no as he asked, and watched Deianeira as he spoke more of himself and then asked if she knew where he might inquire for work in bussing tables or washing dishes. "I'm in need of serving staff," she said watching his reaction. "Wages are reasonable and I can provide you with a roof over your head. Mornings are most necessary, with you needing to be working until shortly after noontide, well, until right about now, I'd say," she said while looking around her and remembering the time. "And also for occasional evenings for events at Thalas Manse for the Guild."

The offer was there, it was up to Galen to accept or decline.

"And you, Deianeira, do you plan to skuttle around the Citadel and be married off to some shop owner - one of your brothers' associates or partners?" She asked. What a simple existance if that were the case.
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Ashari wrote:"I'm in need of serving staff," she said watching his reaction. "Wages are reasonable and I can provide you with a roof over your head. Mornings are most necessary, with you needing to be working until shortly after noontide, well, until right about now, I'd say," she said while looking around her and remembering the time. "And also for occasional evenings for events at Thalas Manse for the Guild."

Galen's face lit up like a torch. He could not believe his luck at hearing Ashari's words. Lord Pan's light shines on me now! he thought. Not only was this fascinating woman offering him decent work, but lodgings as well. Nothing against the Burpin' Dragon, but he guessed that Ashari's place—the name alone piqued his curiosity—would most certainly offer better accomodations.

"I would be most grateful for the opportunity to work for you, my lady," he said, barely able to contain his enthusiasm. "I am a hard worker, and after all those years working on a farm, mornings are no problem," he said, his words bubbling forth in a way that made him appear rather boyish. "I can start as soon as you like, ma'am."

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Deianeira turned to lock eyes with the woman. "I do not." she said in a firm tone eyeing the woman. "I am no one's pawn or tool." she says looking around for a chair. "May I sit, Mistress..? Or would you rather I stand and talk?" she questions Ashari smilingly. She tries to be interesting, but seems at a loss as she hears the woman, who seems rather powerful in her own right, she tries to be polite. "Do you think I am uninteresting mistress, simply because I haven't been outside the city or am not well traveled?" she asks Ashari. She tries to be firm, honest and herself, but as she watched Galenel perhaps get a job, a safe place to be. She began to be just a little bit jelous she wanted something marvelous to happen to her. Love, security, power, magic... any of it! She wanted to experience.
Last edited by Deianeira Saitheria on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"You're new here, but you should be able to find directions to Thalas Manse, home of the Rocky Isle Guild, from any guard, messenger or native provided you compensate them," Ashari said to Galen, and then looked at Deia and nodded when she requested sitting. "Yes, please do. No sense in the rest of us sitting while you dawdle uncomfortably. Pull up a chair." The beautiful brunette shifted her own position so that she was closer to the still as-yet named blonde. She wondered if it added to her own air of mystery to have this sharp eyed foreigner at her side. Ashari imagined it did. Were she in their shoes she would be quite curious about him, and who he was, and why he was so silent and stoic. There was a benefit to having him here in that way.

Back to Galenel she turned. "It is in the Patrician's Ring," she continued. It would be interesting if he would be able to retain it himself or have to ask. "From the street, you will see a large lawn dominated by a long lane of impressive oaks. Beyond it, is the house. It is white and two stories high." Ashari took a sip of her drink and smiled at Gotham in a way that suggested that they had some joke between them. Whether he returned the look could only be judged by turning away from the captivating companion guild leader. Ash, however, returned her silvery gaze to Galen. "Be there at second mark of tradetide* tomorrow and we will have a proper interview." That likely meant cleaning up and having a shave as well as washing one's clothes, all the sorts of things one can't do while aboard a boat.

"Uninteresting? Why yes, Miss Deianeira, I do. It has nothing to do with whether you've left the city or not, though. Traveling doesn't promise knowledge, self-awareness or social skills - the three things I see most lacking in you. The question, though, should not be whether I think that to be the case, but rather: Can you do anything about it? Because I can, Deianeira; I can teach you things you didn't even know you'd never heard of, how to be the woman the beauty of you suggests and to speak with refinement and prowess to a person of any station with out fear. Do you have want of this?" She released her cup to the table and reached into her purse for a compact scroll.

"This is a contract for the Rocky Isle Guild. Tomorrow, at second mark tradetide* come to Thalas Manse." Had she been paying attention to her instructions to Galen? Did she get the directions and that they were arrive at the same time? "Bring it signed or don't come at all. I've no time to waste on those who aren't interested." She handed the scroll over to the young woman. It should fit comfortably in her hand, as it was a typical sheet of papyrus worth of scroll, the most weight of which was in the wax seal.

"Why don't the pair of you take your chairs now, then, and we will speak tomorrow so that I might finish up my drink with my friend, hmm?" It was up to them if they'd show the following day. Secretly, Ash desperately hoped they would, if only because of the news she would get later that evening that one of her students had died. She yearned for it on a level she couldn't quite understand.

Once they'd departed, Ash moved her chair again to give her full smile to Gotham. "Now... where were we?" Whether he'd ask about any of what she'd said before to D and Galen was utterly up to him, but she wasn't about to volunteer anything.

*That's 1pm in real time & I'll start a thread at Thalas Manse on the 32nd for us. Likely the two students at the RIG will be in it as well. Fun! I'll send you guys links once I make the thread. Expect it soon. If there's any threads you want to make between now & then make sure you post those first as per the Tazlure rules. XD Also, if the two of you are going to go chat at another table it'd be cool if you made a new thread for it because Gotham and I are probably going to be posting pretty slow. That way the two of you can post as fast as you'd like. Thanks guys!
Last edited by Ashari on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Ashari wrote:"You're new here, but you should be able to find directions to Thalas Manse, home of the Rocky Isle Guild, from any guard, messenger or native provided you compensate them," Ashari said to Galen...

"It is in the Patrician's Ring," she continued. "From the street, you will see a large lawn dominated by a long lane of impressive oaks. Beyond it, is the house. It is white and two stories high." Ashari took a sip of her drink and smiled at Gotham in a way that suggested that they had some joke between them...

Ash, however, returned her silvery gaze to Galen. "Be there at first mark of tradetide tomorrow and we will have a proper interview."

Galen couldn't help but smile. A job and a place to live! Of course, he had to get through a "proper interview" first but the job and lodgings seemed to be his if he could only manage not to foul up the interview. He knew the situation was his to lose. He made a mental note of the place's name and the directions: Thalas Manse...Patrician's Ring...long lane of big oaks...two-story white house...first mark of tradetide. Galen looked down at his lap and was reminded of his rumpled clothes, and his general state of scruffiness. He needed a bath and a fresh set of clothes. He figured it was a good time to buy a new shirt and mayhap a new pair of trousers so he would be fresh and presentable tomorrow.

Ashari wrote:"Uninteresting? Why yes, Miss Deianeira, I do. It has nothing to do with whether you've left the city or not, though. Traveling doesn't promise knowledge, self-awareness or social skills - the three things I see most lacking in you. The question, though, should not be whether I think that to be the case, but rather: Can you do anything about it? Because I can, Deianeira; I can teach you things you didn't even know you'd never heard of, how to be the woman the beauty of you suggests and to speak with refinement and prowess to a person of any station with out fear. Do you have want of this?" She released her cup to the table and reached into her purse for a compact scroll.

"This is a contract for the Rocky Isle Guild. Tomorrow, at first mark tradetide come to Thalas Manse...Bring it signed or don't come at all. I've no time to waste on those who aren't interested." She handed the scroll over to the young woman.

Galen wondered what kind of institution this Rocky Isle Guild was. Clearly some kind of private school, presumably for young women, that taught them how to get by in the upper eschelons of Citadel society. What kind of people would the students be? What would his job involve? His mind bubbled with excitement and curiosity.

Ashari wrote:"Why don't the pair of you take your chairs now, then, and we will speak tomorrow so that I might finish up my drink with my friend, hmm?"

Galen nodded and glanced over to Deianeira. "Actually, I best be going," he explained. "I have some things to take care of this tradetide. But I look forward to seeing both of you tomorrow." He stood up and gathered his things. "Good day to you both...and to you, sir." He acknowledged Gotham, whose stony look gave Galen a bad feeling that he could not explain.

The Achadhiel took his leave of the trio, paid for his drink and left the way he came, his satchel across his chest and rucksack over his shoulder. Just before he disappeared through the door, he looked back at Ashari and gave a her a quick wave and a smile. Then he was gone.

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Ashari wrote:"You're new here, but you should be able to find directions to Thalas Manse, home of the Rocky Isle Guild, from any guard, messenger or native provided you compensate them," Ashari said to Galen, and then looked at Deia and nodded when she requested sitting. "Yes, please do. No sense in the rest of us sitting while you dawdle uncomfortably. Pull up a chair." The beautiful brunette shifted her own position so that she was closer to the still as-yet named blonde.

Ashari wrote:Back to Galenel she turned. "It is in the Patrician's Ring," she continued. It would be interesting if he would be able to retain it himself or have to ask. "From the street, you will see a large lawn dominated by a long lane of impressive oaks. Beyond it, is the house. It is white and two stories high." Ashari took a sip of her drink and smiled at Gotham in a way that suggested that they had some joke between them.

"Thank you." The voice of the dark skinned female adachiel was firm as she say down and relaxed. She finally started to feel more like she was not an outsider in this conversation or just an object of conversation. She listened as the woman, gave the directions. So this was there she lived with in the Partrician's ring, she was an upper cruste memeber of society. She was apart of the elite. She was powerful. With these facts confirmed Deianeira smiled to herself. trying to contain her glee. She finally knew someone of a higher station and some clout perhaps.

ashari wrote:"Uninteresting? Why yes, Miss Deianeira, I do. It has nothing to do with whether you've left the city or not, though. Traveling doesn't promise knowledge, self-awareness or social skills - the three things I see most lacking in you. The question, though, should not be whether I think that to be the case, but rather: Can you do anything about it? Because I can, Deianeira; I can teach you things you didn't even know you'd never heard of, how to be the woman the beauty of you suggests and to speak with refinement and prowess to a person of any station with out fear. Do you have want of this?" She released her cup to the table and reached into her purse for a compact scroll.

"Of course I want to. I want to learn. I want to expand my horizons and if I can learn to become a lady to fit in. To better myself and stop just wishing and pretending to be something I am not. I want to become... to do it and not just act or put on a mask. I will become." she says to the woman with a sureness of voice that belied her worry of what kind of place she was being talked into though it sounded exciting.

ashari wrote:"This is a contract for the Rocky Isle Guild. Tomorrow, at first mark tradetide* come to Thalas Manse." Had she been paying attention to her instructions to Galen? Did she get the directions and that they were arrive at the same time? "Bring it signed or don't come at all. I've no time to waste on those who aren't interested." She handed the scroll over to the young woman. It should fit comfortably in her hand, as it was a typical sheet of papyrus worth of scroll, the most weight of which was in the wax seal.

"Why don't the pair of you take your chairs now, then, and we will speak tomorrow so that I might finish up my drink with my friend, hmm?" It was up to them if they'd show the following day.[/size]

Deianeira nodded, a place with a name finally. The Rocky Island Guild. A name she'd thought she heard at least once before perhaps. A name that was almost synoumous with perhaps power. She took the scroll and like a child with a treasured object she nodded her head to the woman.

"Thank you." she said softly. She clutched it and bowed her head. "I am sorry for disturbing you and your companion, Mistress, but thank you for giving me this great oppurtunity." She moved her chair and settled for a long backwards glances as she looked around for Galenel, to look for him and perhaps speak with him.
Last edited by Deianeira Saitheria on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

The traveler's deafening silence was a mere front for his acutal nature. Gotham was a talker, and had a decent head on his shoulders. However, as Ashari gave her orders, the wrangler couldn't help but notice something. With a slight turn of his head he wondered if his subconscious prayers had been answered.

As the two people removed themselves from the enlightening conversation Gotham gave each of them a respectful nod, since he was unsure if he would ever met them again. Always an insightful idea to be curteous to people you didn't know.

"Miss," the blonde man said to the woman who sat at the table with him. For some reason, miss, was a vast understatement, or so he thought. For the time being Gotham had a few questions of his own.

The empath had been in the Citadel for several months at this point and still had very little information about the guilds and underworld, two things that would pose great benefit or just bring him a headache. He let that notion go and appeared to be naieve to this raven haired female.

"As I sat here and listened to your vernacular and observed your mannerisms I can't help but wonder what talents you possess?" He took a sip out of the goblet he was served and added another inquiry with a little bit more enthusiasm. "Exactly how powerful is your mind?"
"Protect life... until death."
--Leeloo, The Fifth Element.

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari's lips pulled into a smile. "Ohhh... tease, you are," she said to him, her fingers slipping easily around her mug. "I'd thought we'd left off on the part where you were going to tell me some tantalizing bit of gossip - a sharing from one rogue such as yourself to another such as me, but now I've gone and give the game away, haven't I? You know that I'm somebody now, and you've gone all mum." She tisked, the air pushing out between her teeth in a quick rush that created the noise, her eyes drifting shut lazily in emphasis.

"I suppose proper introductions are in order at this part in the game, then, because looking at you and your bright blue eyes I have a feeling you're more than a simple traveler," she offered him her lithe hand, long fingers extending to wrap around his. "Ashari, Ashari Gywien - hero and guild mistress, and my talents are quite renowned in this parts. Perhaps you've heard of the Changer? I helped defeat the netheric beast, killing hellhounds and freeing a possessed soul in the process." He'd already heard enough about the guild, she figured, in the passing conversation to get the gist of what that was about. "Lately, though, I've been running a school for young men and women to hone their talents in the areas of social ladder climbing."

The raven haired mistress raised a single eye brow. "Which would make you who?" She asked, prepared to digest every tiny little nugget of information he passed across. Ashari hoped it was going to be good.

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”