OP: How often would you like to see a Tazlure Newsletter?

This board is dedicated to both official and fun polls to prevent Banter being cluttered by the zillion questions we'd like to ask!

Moderators: saskia, Maeve, Meridiuz, Syra, Mods

How often would you like to see a Tazlure Newsletter?

Daily
No votes
Weekly
8%
Twice a month
15%
Monthly
54%
Only when there are important updates
23%
Never
No votes

Total votes: 13

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

OP: How often would you like to see a Tazlure Newsletter?

Post by Maeve »

We are pondering how to best reach out to the community. We welcome your comments in addition to your vote!
Last edited by Maeve on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

I say monthly because I feel that that regularity would put the least strain on those people who would be putting it together while keeping it regular, and also because I think that this will keep each edition fairly substanative.

I imagine GDs and mods will have the most to contribute, but let me know if there's anything playerss can do to help out.

Summaries of important events in each city, I think, would be a cool thing to include in each issue, by the way.
Last edited by Anistis on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

I agree, if there's something I could do as a player, just let me know. I also voted for monthly because that's about as often as I check my email, unless someone tells me they sent me one, and that I should check it.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Monthly! :) and I like how it was before when there was a summary of what's hawt and what's not in Taz! It helps draw back old players to posting, happened to me once when I was so busy with RL and I received a Taz Newsletter and I was intrigued and I checked it and I started to post again in Taz despite my busy sched. :p
Last edited by Scheherazade on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Well, there are tons of ways you can contribute, including offering up summaries and one liners about important events, but let me point out the obvious:

Join Our Creativity
There are a number of ways that YOU can help us reviving the bounce, contributing with your creativity. This is not new but we want to put new emphasis on it as we think it is vital we as a community come together. There are 80 of us, all of us creative individuals, and together we can do this!

Help run a single thread or location
Yes, you can be a supporter too! Even while running a single thread, or maybe a location like a tavern or shop you are helping your moderator tremendously. As a supporter you are offered help in the modding seminar but this is not a requirement. You will gain access to mod notes to help your work.

Help with write ups
Can't commit to posting every other day for a thread? Want to do something in your own pace? You can help moderators by adjusting write ups for locations and NPC's.

Help with the wiki
The Tazlurian Wiki is our most important resource right now and it always needs tons of work. You can do general wiki work, or ask a moderator if he needs something specific. If you help transfer mod notes to the wiki you will even gain access to our special areas to help you with your valuable work.

Contribute art
Sometimes this gets overlooked but Tazlure really is incredible lucky for having such a creative community in the artist department was well. Due to the wiki we can now easily store any art contributions and they do bring new live to areas.

Brainstorm with us on plots in your Player Compendium
We love hearing from you! What are your ideas for your character? For your area? Just shoot at us and we'll reply. It may not always fit, but you may just have given your moderator a new idea, a new twist that will provide fun for all of us.

Reach out to your fellow players
The core of playing at Tazlure is player interaction. This is were plots get extra fun and take your breath away. The most popular organizations are always player run, the best stories pushed by players. So get in touch with your fellow players here on the boards or in #tazlure (over at darkmyst.org) and start planning!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Return to “Poll Board”