The morning after.... (late MT iy 31)

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The morning after.... (late MT iy 31)

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Gwayne woke up with a head ache and faint memories of strange dreams. One of those memories was that he had not been alone in his bed. A quick check solved that question because he was alone in his little room. Even though the bed was large..

He was yawning while remembering his training of last night. The priestesses had kept him awake until dawn. It seemed utterly important to them that he learned priestly skills as soon as possible. So now a few marks later he had been friendly reminded that he could not stay in his bed for ever..

So he used the bowl of water not only to become clean but also to become more or less awake. It helped so he wanted to get dressed and tried to slip out of the temple before they remembered him and put him back to his trainings..
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

Gwayne had a decently rough night, but so did Vigxhunna and her fellow priestesses working into the early hours of morning with Gwayne. They were all sleeping, and it was certainly possible for the mercy bringer to get out a dodge. His beautiful dark garment which was made by Vigxhunna's very own cousin lay folded at the foot of his bed. A plate of bread rolls and spiced meat was resting on his bedside stand, and a glass of water stood proudly over the hearty meal.

The sun was shining in through a small window towards the ceiling, which would appear to the outside as a sewer vent, only it was elevated slightly to prevent flooding while still keeping the Temple a secret. Gwayne might also notice a short sword and a dagger lay next to his long jacket, both with sheaths that had buttons instead of straps. They were designed to fit inside the ankle-length garment, and Vigxhunna most likely offered them because she knew how her cousin worked.

There was a note next to the weapons.
Bringer of mercy, button these tools inside your jacket and you will have your sharp teeth with the option of not baring them. A wolf can retract his claws, and his prey will be none the wiser until it is too late. You'll find they will fit with the design.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The young man stuffed some bread rolls in his mouth.. he had a feeling that he had never been so hungry in his life. So he finished all the food in a very short timespan until with a soft burp he turned his attention to his clothing and the weapons.

He was happy that now he had great clothing and even weapons.. well tiny weapons compared to the two hander he had been used too. Still they would make a difference if he would get into trouble..

He sighed then jumped into his clothing enjoying the feeling. Then he strapped the weapons on before he left his room left the temple and took the fastest route to the beach through the alleys behind the monastery, to the south to the beach.

It promised to be a special day.. well after he left every day had been a special day.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

Gwayne's trip was uneventful, until he'd walked about a block and a half past the monastery. At that point, the same monk from the day before was waiting in the alley, cross legged and hunched over the same book that he read in the Inn.

"Brother, why did you avoid me the other day? I merely wanted to hold a scholarly theological discussion with you. Running away from that seems only silly to me." He snapped his book shut and rose to his feet, proving again to be more than a head taller than Gwayne. "Wouldn't you like to discuss our dissenting views over a meal or something? There's nothing to be afraid of... And maybe you could tell me what Brother Beacon was doing in your Temple."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

When the man appeared.. again.. Gwayne groaned inside. Still he managed to summon a smile on his face while he never stopped and went on to the beach.
Realizing that running away would not solve the problem he answered him.

"Mmmm, you can accompany me while we talk.. What is the problem brother ? After all Brother Beacon is one of your own, so you should ask him. For me as not sharing your faith why would I tell you things that are considered private ? Even when in this case it would probably considered trivial.. And why do you insist about that temple ? I thought your place of worship was considered a Monastery... or is it called a temple nowadays. Because I don't own a "Temple".."

His pace never faltered while he moved towards the south.. It was true actually, Gwayne did not own a Temple, he owned nothing, after all he was priest.. so it was the Goddess who owned it. They called the temple rarely a temple because it was the Home of the Goddess. So he could even deny that he had been in a temple without lying.. He had learned a lot in only a few days.. Never lie...

Suddenly everything came to a halt, and the young man looked up to the sky where dark clouds suddenly had emerged. A spell of cold wind surrounded him filled with voices, strange voices, wining voices, happy voices.. Gwayne wanted to run but he could not when a clearly female voice whispered in his ear.. "I love you honey.. you have to do so many things for me.." followed by laughter.

With a flash like soundless lightning the young adhiel disappeared leaving a stunned monk..

And so Gwayne disappeared from Tazlure.. to show up in...
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”