Passageway to Taloh Tel'Amrun (Entrance Gates)-Samheen 5, 7

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Passageway to Taloh Tel'Amrun (Entrance Gates)-Samheen 5, 7

Post by Elvin Motricé »

These are the gates to the inner forest,where Taloh Tel`Amrun is situated. The path leads you to a small clearing and a feeling of benevolence surrounds you. The calmness of the inner forest is almost overwhelming, yet as you look back to the passageway you see a threatening darkness. A bright flash of light engulfs you,and suddenly you find yourself on a terrace. The sight is astonishing, a City bathing in sunlight, suspended amongst the trees. Wooden walkways lead from platform to platform, with buildings on every one of them.
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Uther Dante

Post by Uther Dante »

Uther stood still a while to gaze at the magnificence before him, enjoying the cool morning breeze. People passed and Uther tried to get some idea of how they attracted so he did not appear as some complete ignorant foreigner, his young age only escalated that problem. He had previously decided to keep all his knifes hidden about his person, a sailor who saw him then leave his cabin merely laughed at him then tried to show him how it was meant to be done. Taking one final glance behind him and uttering a short prayer to Ithrainne and Krynsathis, he walked boldly forward to the gates.

He had been planning what he would have to do for some time. A tavern would be the first stop, some small room would do his coin would not last for ever. Then it came for some shopping, he had only the clothes he stood in, the ship that had brought him here was not the best place to buy clothes and he had left in a hurry after the funeral. Then finally to try to enter for the Emerald Guard, and from the talk at the docks, this was no easy thing.

Yet there was a beautiful city before him and soon all left his mind as he decided to explore, keeping an eye out for a tavern.
Last edited by Uther Dante on Sat May 24, 2003 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

The Guard stepped forward, intercepting the stranger. "Halt please...state your name, duration of stay and intent for entering the city...and...you haven't by any chance spotted any Orcs upon your travels, rumours have it that they scout the surrounding areas..."
Uther Dante

Post by Uther Dante »

Uther quickly galnced at the guard, taking in the details, was he going to take the small duties? He better have to for now.

"Uther Dante, indefinite and inspired to serve the mighty city, as best I can in the Emerald Guard, if they take me. As for Orcs, I have been sailing all the way."

Uther din't like answering quetions especially not when being ordered, but this was a professional guard and he was caught off-guard. He let it pass, and grinned friendly at the guard. Then he thought of Orcs swimming, no he was glad he had not joked about that. Bad jokes or comments would not be a good start.
Last edited by Uther Dante on Sat May 24, 2003 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

"Really....intersting....another one....", with a slight sigh, the Gaurd turned around and returned to his post, scribbling on a piece of paper, he walked back over to Uther. "Here you go then....take this pass to the palace gates, you'll be directed from there on what to do.....good luck to you.", he bowed curtly after handing over the small piece of parchement.
Uther Dante

Post by Uther Dante »

Surprised by the unenthusiasm of the guard he was about to question him then decided against it, the guard was already seeing other folk and the city's sights lured Uther in.

"Thanks!" Uther then waved before tucking away the small piece of parchment. He decided to slowly make his way up the main street and look out for a tavern, the palace was probably the highest building he had seen earlier and easy to find.
Last edited by Uther Dante on Sun May 25, 2003 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hazudar Halkien

Hazudar's Arrival.

Post by Hazudar Halkien »

Hazudar growled to himself. He HAD to stay on his guard, especially here in the inner depths of the forest. There could be all sorts of dangerous creatures on the prowl, creatures that would simply love to sink their teeth into a careless human. He had to keep his eyes open for his desination, too, even though he was sure he should have reached it by now. But the dark silence of the forest was so soft, so comforting, that Hazudar could feel his willpower eroding and his awareness slipping gradually away into the peaceful corners of his mind. The air was cool on his skin and warm under his cloak, and the earth was soft under his boots. It was quiet, and the only sounds were that of his own movements and breathing. The forest's eerie tranquility was unlike anything the human had ever felt before. He began to think he could march forever in the dark forest, forgetful of why he had come and not caring where he was headed, until he reached the end. The end of the forest or the end of his life, it mattered little.

Just when Hazudar had been ready to forget about ever finding the elvish city, there it was. It appeared first as a faint flash of light and color, a ghostly glow that filtered through the trees and left some of its aura on each one as it did. Hazudar immediately awakened from his trance; the spell of the forest had been broken. His pace quickened and he hurried towards the source of the light, weaving left and right among the massive tree trunks of the dark forest. Abruptly, the trees ended and he found himself in the midst of a clearing. The light in the clearing was fierce and piercing, and Hazudar's eyes were engulfed in the brightness. The man stood there for a second to catch his breath and allow his eyes to adjust to the light in the clearing. When he was ready, he removed his hood, revealing his face and its crude tattoos. He took a look around. Then he gasped.

Hazudar, standing on what he now realized was a terrace of some sort, looked around in awe at the sight that lay before him. At last, Taloh Tel’Amrun, the legendary home of the elves… it was even more beautiful than the human had imagined. His breath caught as he took in the houses and walkways that seemed to float among the sunlit branches and canopies of the forest. He tilted his head further and further upwards, but there seemed to be no end to the trees and the city built among them. It was a beautiful sight indeed, full of lithe, graceful figures standing and walking among the finely-crafted buildings that spiraled ever upward into infinity. Sunlight streamed in from above, giving a glimmering halo-like quality to all it touched.

Hazudar stood in place for a moment, feeling dwarfed by the sheer height of the city. Before this moment, the only settlements he had seen were Les Bois Noire’s poor, hardscrabble villages with their short, squat buildings. He had never even seen a treehouse. Now, all the glory of the elven city lay before him, or rather above him. He felt disoriented, as if he might fall upwards into the maze of buildings and bridges above if he wasn't careful. Or perhaps the city was on the verge of crashing down onto his head. Hazudar's mind was obviously playing tricks on him, but he did know one thing for sure: he had arrived. He had finally made it to Taloh Tel`Amrun. The only question was, what to do now?
Last edited by Hazudar Halkien on Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Time Stamp: Samheen 5th

The Guard noticed the human, and the brow above his left eye rose ever so slightly. "Tis been some time since a Human has entered this realm....tell me, what be your name stranger, and reason for visiting the Elven City of Taloh Tel'Amrun? Orcs have been spotted along these boarders, have you per chance noticed any of the foul beasts upn your travels?", of this one the Guard was cautious....what would a human be doing here in their fair realm.

EDIT (Elvin): edited timestamp to reflect current thread
Last edited by Ashtallion Urdil on Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazudar Halkien

The stranger and the guard.

Hazudar, interrupted from staring at the wonders of the elvish city, looked at the guard. The elf had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Or maybe he’d been there all along, and Hazudar had just failed to notice. Either way, it reaffirmed the rumors Hazudar had heard about the elves’ incredible grace and poise. He was usually very alert and observant, but he had been no match for the guard’s light step.

Hazudar perceived that the guard was more curious than hostile towards a human, which was a good sign. The guard’s questions probably had only good intentions behind them, but Hazudar knew that giving away all the details of his journey would only arose suspicion. He decided that it would be better to give vague, but reasonable answers in order to get past the guard. He’d tell the truth, but not the whole truth. “My name is Hazudar. I have heard many tales about these lands, and I have come to see if the tales are true.” He spoke gruffly and with a crude accent, but his words would be understandable to any with a decent ear for human language. About Orcs, Hazudar said nothing, for fear that he might have to reveal his history with the foul creatures. He hoped the guard would be satisfied and not press the point.
Last edited by Hazudar Halkien on Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

The human spoke with a harsh tongue, and the Elven Guard repressed a gimace. "I see....well....Hazudar, there be no reason I see to refuse you entry into the City, if it is as you say, and all you desire is to see our fabled City.", a slight smile graced his face as he moved back to his positon. But a thought passed...... he had evaded, very tactfully, the question he posed about the Orcs. "My apologies....did I not ask if you had viewed any Orcs roaming these Lands on your travels here....the beasts are loathesome, and generally a great annoyance.... but also dangerous. Any sighting of them would be helpful?"
Hazudar Halkien

Talk of Orcs.

Hazudar cursed silently. The guard was sharp. Unless Hazudar thought up a valid answer to the question about Orcs, there would be no getting into the elven city. He could try and give a false answer, but he didn't want his new life in Taloh Tel'amrun to begin with a lie. Hazudar had heard that elves had powerful magic, too, and he suspected the guard might have ways of seeing through dishonesty. Besides, who knew how the guard would react if he found out later that Hazudar had been lying? No, Hazudar didn't want to lie, but he didn't want to tell the truth, either. He would try and tell just enough so that the guard would be satisfied.

"I have seen these Orcs that you speak of, but never here in the deep forest. I'd say your lands are safe, for now." Hazudar said. He stared into the guard's eyes as he spoke, trying to be as convincing as possible.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

He appraise the Human for some time, attempting to decipher something from him. If he be a liar, he is a good one..., "Very well...", The Guard hastend to his post, worte on a piece of parchment, and returned to the human. "Take this, it is a pass, show it to anyone who would question your presence within the city. It is unusal for humans to appear here, not un-heard of, but many do not frequent our realms, the pass will ensure your safety....you may pass, and welcome to Taloh Tel'Amrun.", with a curt now, he stood aside to allow the human to pass.
Hazudar Halkien

In.

Hazudar had to suppress a sigh of relief. The guard had not accepted his story immediately, and for a moment he had been sure he would not be allowed into the city. But the moment passed, and now the guard was handing him a parchment, some sort of pass that would allow him to travel in the city. Hazudar accepted the parchment and began folding it carefully, so that it wouldn't wear down too much with time. He tucked the parchment into the pocket of his leggings. When the guard stood aside, Hazudar walked past him without a word. He maintained a stoic demeanor, but on the inside he felt like whooping for joy. At last, he had made it. Now he was going to get his chance at a better life, here amidst the trees in the tranquil elven city. Hazudar walked deeper into the city, intent on exploring and seeing the sights.
Nerian Ramza

Post by Nerian Ramza »

Many feelings arose in Nerian as she entered the gates. Awe rose up in her at the sight of the glorious natural and architectural beauty, fear of the future- and the past, and a sense of glorious nostalgia for her younger days. She had been borne in this city, but it had been many years since her arrival. She dismounted Saffire, her pony. She held his lead as she walked forth, still surveying the beautiful city. "I feel unworthy..." She murmurs as she steps forward. Saff followed calmly.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

The guard rose his gloved hand, signalling for the un-known elf to stop. " Halt mistress, may I enquire as to your nature of buisness within the city, and duration of staff if not indefinate? "
Last edited by Ashtallion Urdil on Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vyetila Tánalom

Post by Vyetila Tánalom »

The forest behind her made the frail girl slightly nervous something was going to jump out, but as long as she looked ahead that thought was forgotten. As she came deeper into the clearing, a blinding flash of light made Vyetila duck down. After the unsuspected light had passed, she stood up, now on a terrace. A wash of sunlight filtered through the trees, the city was a sight to behold.

A slight sigh entered the quiet air, and Vyetila looked upwards at the buildings and walkways resting in the trees. She was sure something could be found here. The thought hadn't crossed her mind on the journey, and now, standing before the city, she regreted her rush in the first place to get here. Perhaps some work, she pondered, or even a few new aquaintances would make it worthwhile. Vyetila smoothed down her dress quickly and looked through the corner of her eye if anyone was watching. To her relief, no one seemed to be noticing her, and she walked briskly forward toward the gate.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

The Guard flicked his eyes from the Elf in front of him, to the female behind. A smile crossed his lips. " Well well, a fellow Kin, however I will have to ask your buisness within the city my Lady, these can be strange times and I have my Orders and duty to carry out. And also your name Lady? "
Celedhriel Galathil

Post by Celedhriel Galathil »

Elvin Motricé wrote:These are the gates to the inner forest,where Taloh Tel`Amrun is situated. The path leads you to a small clearing and a feeling of benevolence surrounds you. The calmness of the inner forest is almost overwhelming, yet as you look back to the passageway you see a threatening darkness. A bright flash of light engulfs you,and suddenly you find yourself on a terrace. The sight is astonishing, a City bathing in sunlight, suspended amongst the trees. Wooden walkways lead from platform to platform, with buildings on every one of them.

Celedhriel Galathil stood before the great gates of the forest city, her angular shoulders resting back, relaxed, but almost as if she were being subtly called back into the depths of the forest... back into the depths of her mind... the idea of the encloistering darkness was not all that repellant.

So much dark... , Cel thought, How cold it feels, this lightlessness.

Her form was draped within a light grey robe, which would not show what mysteries hid underneath it's folds. the hands at his side bore long, silk-lined black gloves.

This though, however true or false it was, flew from her mind as the great gates of Taloh Tel`Amrun opened before her- bathing her with a brilliant, blinding light...

It is... beautiful..., Cel thought, shielding her eyes that they might adjust in this sudden and awefull torrent of radiance.
Last edited by Celedhriel Galathil on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

<b><center>Timestamp: 7th of Samheen, early morningtide</center></b>

One of the guards stepped forward, the light reflecting on his green-hued plate. He stepped forward to Aerandir and relaxed, letting his right hand rest on the hilt of his blade: "Quel're, mellonamin. What brings you to our wonderful city?"
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Celedhriel Galathil

Elvin Motricé wrote:"Quel're, mellonamin. What brings you to our wonderful city?"

Celedhriel's vigilant, sapphiric eyes slowly focused upon the shadow of an elf, just barely making out the emerald hue upon him; the light still flooded brightly, but by now, his eyes were adjusting as needed, and her hand slowly fell from her brow.

"Quel'amrun, Mellon- I am Celedhriel... of the house of Galathíl ... I have come seeking my studies and further education within the great city.", Cel replied.
Last edited by Celedhriel Galathil on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Guard nodded: "Mae govannen, Celedhriel. I assume that you have something to prove your identity," the Guard didn't had time for pleasantries since there were others that wanted to enter the great city and he could not spend more time with this one then strictly necessary.
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celedhriel Galathil

Celedhriel bowed her head slightly before the guard, and her hand, so fair and elegant, from under the shroud of her grey cloak produced a this item; a ring, silver and ornate, bearing the image of a mighty Oak tree under Stars of twilight...

The true mark of Galathíl...

"Behold, the Seal of the house of Galathíl", she said calmly, though not without a spirit of declairation.

"Look truly upon it, Noble Guardsman, for I am Celedhriel, daughter of Celendíl, and the sole remaining child of the line of Galathíl."

She held out her fair hand to him, that he might observe.
Last edited by Celedhriel Galathil on Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The guardsman looked at this Elf who spoke like she was from one of the Noble Houses and frowned at one of the other guards. Scribbling something on a piece of parchment and sealing it with his signet ring he handed it over to her: "You may pass, miss. This is your clearance. Please keep it close to you since without it you might be in serious trouble if something happens."
Nicadem

Post by Nicadem »

Nicadem blinked in surprise. He tried to be surprised only once a day. That had already come to pass earlier in the day when he realized he had but a few banners to his name. City life was expensive. But be that as it may, the site was astonishing. Breath taking actually, as he forced himself to in hale.

Nicadem scanned the place. Wooden boards and bridges running from place to place, forming a labrynth of paths to buildings and shops. He carefully edges out to the nearest walkway, with the most straigh-forward path to the gates.

As he approached his destination, a sense of calm came apon him. But it was fought by nevousness and doubt. Doubt about not being able to do what he wanted. Nicadem's brow furrowed in grim determination, as he boldly stepped onto the landing to the gate, and waited for the guard to approach him.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Nicadem

<b><center>Timestamp: Samheen 7th, early morningtide</b></center>

A Guard dressed in a green hued plate approached Nicadem, his right hand resting on the hilt of his blade: "Quel'amrun, traveller, what brings you to our fair city?"

Return to “T'aquar Archive”