Dort: Drunken Duck Tavern (Samheen 5th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Azilette Telurez

Post by Azilette Telurez »

OOC: oops... I think me and divad just stuffed this up... could we overlook the fact that the serving woman was serving someone else? haha.. oops :oops: ermmm... what should we do?
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

OOC: They have more than one serving woman. Remember that controlling simple NPC actions and common things, ie getting breakfast, ordering a pint, we are allowed to do on our own. More complicated than that and wait for the Mod.

It must be confusing comming into the middle of all this, espicialy posting on two theads at two different times :wink:

Hex
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

“I understand, we all have secrets of some sort, but please do not be upset about it because I did not menthe anything bad by it, weary sorry if I brought bad filings on surface for you seam to grow weary lady Rathien.” – Wolf says when he sees girl uneasy then continues.

“I remember the sip crew, yes, they are rude but it is a hard life on the open sea, and that is what makes them such. On the other side they probably did not saw woman face for months and…well it is not excuse, of course, but somehow they can be understood.”

Wolf takes nice long sip of his drink and stops to examine taste in his mouth with his eyes closed, after a few seconds he looks at Rathien and says, “Not my favorite but at least it is not watered. Where was I, oh yes a search you say, my, my it seams we have more in common than I thought.”, Wolf halts for a moment and looks in his drink, but smile comes back fast on his face and he continues, “Long time ago my father disappeared and I never meet him, not that I think he is still alive but you now how do they say ‘hope dies last’.” Wolf laughs and take another sip of drink.

“My story, well it is nothing special. My mother was an elf, high elf as a matter of fact, like you, she died soon after my birth so I newer met her too. I was raised by my uncle, he is a merchant and for him I was always like a son he never had. He thought me how to use sword and bow, he thought me about merchant trade and actually he hoped that I could become one and we could expand our business. But my heart was always somewhere out there, many nights spend in woods with my good friend father Su’om, we used to go on so called adventures and he thought me of art, singing and playing tambourine. That is what I liked and little village was chocking me and I had to go in white world. On one of my pass trough some town one man heard me singing an old song of a brave warrior and he liked so much, after that everyone say I am a bard but it is far from truth. Oh look I got into blabbering and you are probably bored and tired.” – Wolf snaps from his story and looks at blonde woman standing at the bar raising her drink at them, he is not sure is it intended to him but he raises his cup to her too. “Pardon, me lady Rathien but did you notice that blonde woman at the bar, she looks like a sword woman, she is looking at us, do you know her?
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

Rathien listened as wolf told his story, in awe of how much he was willing to give up to her in such a short time, she looked at him with undisguised intrest. "Wolf." She said in a low voice that shook slightly with emotion. " You and I share quite a bit in common it appears. I have a twin out there somewhere, I know not where, I have never set eyes upon her she was taken away when we were born." Rathiens eyes misted a moment she looked wolf straight in the eyes "My mother told me once that this ring on my hand means something important." The elf shrugged slightly. "That is part of my story, the rest... It is of no importance."

As rathien listen further to his words She is caught off guard by what he had just said "I noticed her as we came in, I gave her no second thought. No I do not know her." Rathien bowed her head to the Elf at the bar in silent greeting. looking back to wolf she asked him an almost inaudiable voice her eyes glinting "Should we ask her over?" smiling serenely into his eyes. She laughs quietly waiting for him to answer her wondering if he is shocked, by her ease of manner. She did not usually behave this way Rathien imagined she was just tired and doing whatever came into her silly head.. "By the way, kind sir, No You have no board me with your tale I appreciate your candor, I am pleased that I have met you."
Last edited by Rathien on Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

“Twin sister,” says Wolf with obvious amazement, “so there is more than one such beauty in this world a true gift indeed.” – he says with a smile, “Um, I am glad that I am not boring to you but I have to ask you something else. You see, I am always opened to anyone, friend or foe, someone I now for lifetime or a total stranger and I newer hide my thoughts or feelings on anything, what I wanted to ask you, is that a problem? I mean, if I think you are beautiful I will let you know that, as I did, but many people can’t handle that much of the truth” – Wolf stops for a moment here and waits for answer from Rathien, then he continues, now taking attention on woman at the bar again;

“Strange you don’t know her and I don’t know her and she seams to keep her eye on us, hm well they did say that curiosity killed cat but let’s see how many life’s I have left.” – Wolf stands up and approaches the blond woman at the bar who raised drink at him and says politely, “Good day to you miss, I and my lady companion noticed yours interest in us so we thought you could probably join our table for a drink maybe,” says Wolf as he approaches the woman and points his hand to the table where Rathien is sitting, “and say if you need something from us, if not I will be satisfied with answer on question why are we so interesting to you?” – half elf stops and awaits answer for a moment but he continues, “Oh I am very sorry madam, must be I am tired and lack of manners is not my habit, I am Wolf Mordred and with whom do I have honor to speak with?” – says Wolf bowing little toward the woman waiting for answer.
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

Rathien watched his expression take on a look of amazement. She thought he was a rugged man, but to her suprise she liked his boldness. Looking to him she answered him "Oh dear man, I would much rather hear the raw truth, than something that was a lie. I have no patients with sugar coating things, nor would I do so for you. Be as plain as you like my friend, I am not offended easily." She gave him a look of intensity narrowing her eyes "Curiosity indeed can kill the cat, I am sure that your lives are safe with that one."

Rathien watched as wolf got up and walked over to the woman at the bar, watching carefully for any trouble that may arise. she smiled faintly, lifting her hand in acknowledgement as she saw that wolf pointed to her from across the room, half laughing at his belated bow to the woman Rathien waited for his return to the table, wondering what this woman was all about and what she might be after if anything.

Rathien shuddered a chill had run down her back. Shaking her head she sipped her drink waiting for whatever might happen.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: I assume that you mean me, but I have red hair but I will respond away :)

IC:

Hex laughs and stands up,

"It was your hiar, it remids me of home. Wolf, my name is Hex da"Bergliin and I need nothing from you. I thought I would raise my glass to you as you have caused a pleasentry for me."

Hex looks over at the table. The woman looks a little uncomfortable with Hex, it is something she can understand. She gives the woman a warm smile.

"If you wish I shall join you, I will find it no hardship put upon me if you wish to continue your morning drink without my company, the choice is yours."
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

[OOC. Yes I do mean you Hex and it is quite a bit misunderstanding with hairs yours is apparently red and my is black but nevertheless lets continue]

Wolf looks at the woman which stands little taller than he is and says with smile “Well I am very glad if I amused you lady warrior for it is something I can be good at from time to time.” – Wolf stops for a second and laughs then he continues.

“And please do join us lady Hex, and tell us where you come from, no let me guess, judging on your accent and color of your eyes you are somewhere from the north, right.” – Wolf continues to speak as he approaches his table where Rathien is still sitting. “Ah, here we are, lady Rathien this is lady Hex da ‘Bergliin, she too is new around here and it seems that our appearance reminded her of her home, she will share a drink with us, please sit down.” Says Wolf and holds chair for Hex. After that he searches waitress and orders more drink. “So lets hear it was I right about where you come from?”
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Ready for this, here is the confusion...

2 groups enterd the Inn at the same time, both groups are made up of an Elf and a half-Elf, thus even I was confused for a minute as to who I was talking too, so to make things easy, I will talk to everyone and assume that I raised my glass to all. :)

IC:
Hex nods her head to the other group pf elven kind and walks over to the table where Rathien is seated. with a bemused and somewhat surprized look upon her face...

"Why yes, I am from the north, Trothgaurd infact, and oh, you can stop calling me lady."

Hex takes the seat being offerd and puts her mug of tea down.

"Yes there is a small enclave of elves back home. They would come into town from time to time. I have been in Dort only a short time but it appears to me that your numbers are quite properours here in in Dort. You mentioned that you just arrived, may I ask where you hail from?"
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

OOC. Who knows maybe these elf – half elf groups are getting popular :shock:

‘a warrior soul indeed she would probably prefer to be called just Hex or even a sword woman, probably a soldier for a long time.’ – Wolf thinks to him self and sits down on the chair.

“I believe you think that all this lady thing is not appropriate for you Hex but even if you are warrior you are still a woman and that is that makes me more respectable toward you.” – says Wolf in answer to Hex’s request and than continues “Nevertheless I can respect your wish and if it is such I will stop calling you lady, but please don’t mind if it slips sometimes it happens.”

“So I was write, you are from north Trothgaurd you say, yes big frozen land. You must be on the road for quite some time cause your skin is a bit too dark for someone who grew up on snow. When I was still in my village my tutor, father Suom used to tell me about different parts of the world and for northern people he sad that you can always recognize them by their pale white skin, light colored eyes, cold appearance and fire in their blood. One more way to recognize your kin is by their accent, hard on letter ‘r’ and ‘d’, at least it is what books sad.” – Wolf finishes his little lecturing with smile looking from Rathien to Hex.

After few seconds he says, “I come from little village on Munchisle, deep in the forests on island, born as a half breed but I spend my life with elf’s.”
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex waves her hand in a almost desmisive way,

"I have started to learn to ignore it, the ladycomment that is. I no longer take it as an insulat and yes, I am woman. Your observations are quite astute. I had to travel for quite a time to arrive here and my skin has darkend as a resualt. Are you a man of books then? and what do you practice?"

Hex's final question is put to the quiet elf...
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

OOC: If that last question was posed to me, i dont think it was but I am the quiet one at the table, errr... I am Female. In case it was to me.

Rathien watched as The new elf came to their table, nodding greeting to Wolf and returning the smile to the woman that approached "I am please to meet you Hex." Rathien said warmly "come sit she gestured to the empty seat at the table.

Rathien watched as she settled in and the conversation began. Rathien watched with a interested expresion. This woman hex was something that she was QUITE interested in at the moment, Perhaps it was the dark skin.

Rathien shook her head. looking to wolf again He seemed quite happy and content almost boyish in his enthusiasim and charm.

Rathien listened quietly to the two as they continued to talk, not wanting to interrupt them, she leaned back in her chair waving to the bar maid that she required another ale, and continued to watch them, a smile touching the corners of her mouth.
Pug The Black

Post by Pug The Black »

Divad picked up his ale and had a sip. Divad felt the cold bubbly ale run down his throat into his stomach. Divad asked Azile " would you like to have a bite to eat now?"

Divad snaped his fingers togeather to get the barmaid to come over and take his and Azile's order.
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

“No, nothing more than a man who is in love with a written word, but man of books I am not in a way scholars are, merely an apprentice in art of reading and writing.” Says Wolf to Hex with restraining.

“Actually I have just met Rathien at the Golden gates and we both just arrived in Dort, I thought to my self, it would be much easier to get by in big town in couple and then we met you. That is the story so far. Considering my practice I was just telling Rathien one story where I was mustered as bard, so you could say that is my call.” – explains Wolf and looks at Hex’s face with quite much interest and with little wondering look on his face. When he noticed he was steering in her he explains him self, “Pardon my rudeness Hex but I noticed a bruise on jour right cheek, were you in some trouble or fight maybe?” half elf asks with worried look on his face.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex laughs

"No, this was all from a little sparing I did this morning. I too am a recent arrivial and I spent a long haul on a ship. The sparing I did there was not of my usual kind so a fellow combatant was kind enough to lend me his ear as it were."

Hex smiles

OOC: Well yes Rathien, I am talking to you, but I am not an elf, are you talking to me? :)

IC: Turning to Rathien

"And what of you?, A quiet tounge is the sign of a busy mind."
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

OOC: ACK well heck we both seem to have had a hard time figuring it all out... NOW your not an elf and I am a FEMALE lol at least we have that straight, I thought i had only referred to you as a woman, but alas i see my mistake and apologise for that. *grin* and on we go!!!

IC:
Rathien looked to the woman "Yes Hex, I do not interrupt good conversation" The elves eyes narrowed a tad then she smiled "Besides being quiet and listening to what one has to say is NOT a bad thing. It can give you some depth into the person youare speaking with" Still smiling Rathien gives a wink to Wolf. "Seriously though, Your a skilled fighter or rather warrior as i take it, how long have you trained?" Rathien said with intrest. I myself have been taught the ways of the sword, and well many other things. Not that I am as advanced as you I might add." Looking at Hex rathiens eyes wandered over the room, she notices a couple of ppl accross the room the man that just snapped his fingers at the bar maid. she shrugged her shoulders and continued her conversation with Hex and wolf..
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

"Ouh, sparing..." -says Wolf with ave...
Wolf looks at two women’s that are sitting here with him at this table, so strange he thinks, they are so similar to eyes but their difference is so obvious. Half elf lets them to speak for some time and just looks at them as if he is trying to read their thoughts. Wolf continues with his line of thoughts, he looks at Rathien and notices her expression when man snapped fingers at barmaid, such beauty and yet troubled mind ‘I am not sure but it seams to me she is very disappointed in people around her as if she received too little love from men’s that she was with if any’. The world is a cruel place and people are going the wrong way, definitely.
Wolf notices Rathien looking at rude man and looks at him under eye, slowly he looks back at elf woman giving her look straight in the eyes and then continues with his drinking and listening of female conversation.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

"I would not say that one is more advanced than an another. Fighting is my profession so I must carry it well. One who is well trained but does another tast in thier daily life may be just as imposing an adversary."
Hex glances at the table that has drawn thier attention.

"I take it that you are used to more refinerythan is offerd here."
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

Rathiens eyes flashed as she met Wolfs, her face colored as she was caught taking notice of the man who was being rude. startled she looked to Hex narrowing her eyes she was sure hex ould see the irritation that she had towards the man in her eyes "Yes "Rathien said in a low voice "I am used to more refinement than what i have seen here, excluding our Wolf here " she smiled with the last of her statement, Reaching out her hand to Hex "It is good to meet you Hex, I am glad that we all bumpped into one another." Rathien let her gaze settle upon Wolf "Well sir tell us more abaout yourself."
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

“More about me, hm if we continue like this we’ll end up knowing all about me and nothing about you two. Nevertheless I am a bard, at least that is what they say, so it is my duty to talk a lot.” – says Wolf with a smile and reaches for his tambourine. Few light crosses over the tight wires produce fine but sentimental tunes that fly in the air of tavern. After he was sure tambourine is prepared he started one light tune and sings a beautiful song.

A lonely bard wandering across the lands am I
Singing dancing finding answers to every why
The taverns are full and one crosses my path, too
I just might reward myself with a beer or two

This inn the place of many romantic tales
On the loft women offer their sales
But my eyes they catch a girl beat by everyone
A slave she is but for me a rose undone

Hear me sing
Watch me dance
Play that lute of thane
And share with me this dance

As she danced my eyes began to shine
There she was the maiden so divine
How could I approach her with my outlook so poor
Her beauty being much more than I could endure

So I asked if I could sing a chanson
With a language of ancient and of lore
Gathered the men around us me and the girl in rags
Soon were the melodies heard by everyone

Hear us sing
Watch us dance
Sing with us this tale
With a clap of hands

The stories long-forgotten we still know
Performing our skills wherever we go
I end my story as I kiss the hand
To my girl the dearest Rathien

Hear us sing
Watch us dance
Sing with us the tales
Which the music will keep alive
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

Rathien stared at him in awe wondering how it is he could come up with things such as that blushing she sputtered" That was lovely truly lovely Wolf" She was not used to such attention but she did like it. smiling happily "Well wolf indeed you are a bard, avery good one, and perhaps a charmer as well" She looked to hex and winked "What do youthink Hex? Is he a charmer?"

Rathien wanted to know the man that she had met at the gates, she was just seeing him, she had not paid much attention before to what he looked like. she watched him as he sang the song and was amazed... Sighing she fell silent watching the two of her table mates.
Azilette Telurez

Post by Azilette Telurez »

Azile blushed slightly at Divad's finger snapping. She was unaccustomed to such rituals.

"Umm..." she said quietly, more to the table than to her companion.
Just a light stew... nothing too rich. I have not eaten for a while so I do not wish to fall sick" She was too ashamed to tell the strange man before her that she was ravenous and could have eaten the very table... and him too if he was not careful.

She smiled secretly to herself before casting a glance to the three elves sitting a little off tor her right. She wished she could meet them... especially the woman with well tanned skin... she did not look like a local and her eyes spoke of adventure.
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

“This song I heard long time ago, from an old woman, Beatrice was her name. She was a widow and all alone, when I was a little boy she used to make me cookies just for company. She sad it is song which her late husband used to sing under her window late at night, and original says…I end my story as I receive a kiss
From my girl the dearest Beatrice…’, with that two kissed and parted till next night. Here I adjusted it to suite your name and I hope it did not startled you but I told you about my bluntness before.” – Wolf finishes his explanation of songs history and gives one warm smile to Rathien. Then he turns to Hex and strokes over his tambourine once and asks her, “And you Hex, how did you liked the song, what do you think what are my chances as future wona be bard? There are few songs I could remember that you could really like a lot, wona hear them?

[OOC. Just one Q. is my English OK do you understand all I say, asking because one of my friends who is playing here too sad I complicate a lot so I wanted to hear your opinion. Friend is Gavin, you know him Hex] :?:
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Wolf, your english is fine :), complicate all you want. On another note, I wish to clear something up A) I am a human female, B) I have red hair. It appears that for some reason I have been thought of as being an elf with blonde hair, I have no idea why, anyway. :) (really I am just bemused by this fact :))

IC: Hex listens to Wolf spin his tale and watches as the colours change in Rathien's cheeks. The weight of her armour reminds her that she had some duties to attend to.

"Well, I am no opinion on what it takes to be a bard, one of my traveling companions is also a bard, but I am no judge. As far as you being a charmer, well Wolf you appear to have charmed some one already."

Hex leans back and laughs.

"Alas my day is just begining and I have several tasks to do. Do you plan to stay here at the Duck for a few days? I shall be here till at least the night of the new commers feast, which is tomorrow night. I shall like to chat with you again, but for now I must be off to change. I will be back down shortly."

Hex stands and downs her drink, allowing time for Wolf and Rathien to respond before she accends the stairs.
Wolf Mordred

Post by Wolf Mordred »

Wolf darts from his chair and stands up to greet Hex as she is leaving.
“To chat with you again my friend is a must, surely we’ll see each other soon and as a matter of fact I heard of that festivity and looking forward to it.” – says Wolf and smiles pleasantly to Hex, then continues, “But I’m afraid that when you reminded me of duties I remembered that didn’t have good sleep in firm bed for days end bathing is crying for me. Man can forget about all his worries in such fine company, well lady Hex it was a pleasure indeed too meet you, and see you soon.” – finishes Wolf with a little bow and waits till Rathien greets Hex then he sits down at the chair.

Return to “Dort Archive”