Newcomer's Feast:Samheen 6th (Late Night Party)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Wyverix

Newcomer's Feast:Samheen 6th (Late Night Party)

Post by Wyverix »

OOC: I am adding this thread for those who would like to continue with the feast, but feel a little lost with all the previous pages. The feast will most likely conclude at the end of this week (real time) with Cristobal moving everyone to the docks for the christening of his new ship.

Post by Guest »

OOC: the deadline of the thread is at it's latest next wednesday GMT. This will mean that wednesday we will open all dates starting from the 7th of Samheen to have a good order of business.

Until then, please stick with one of the feast threads.

Btw, Wyverix, nice job you're doing here.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex and Gvin hustle back to the feast. Hex made a commitment to look after her new-found-friends and she does not take such commitments lightly. Her face has the grave tone of imminent death and destruction about it. She moves through the city snarling at those that do not move out of her way fast enough.
The adrenalin is flowing in her veins, half is out of the fact that the ill feeling she had may have manifested it's self while she was away, the other half is due to the fact that it has been far too long since she actualy has felt the rush of the upcomming fight. She feels good now that she loosed up this morning. Meeting the Highlander has been an asset indeed.
Arriving back at the feast she easily pushes her way back inside.

turning to Gavin who looks much more calm but does reek of whisky,

"Gavin, I must locate my friends, follow or search for the ill feeling by your gut, I should not be hard to spot in this crowd."

With that Hex turns and pushes deeper into the crowds looking for her friends. She finds Zarias and Ellena sitting together "wooing". She stomps up with determination.

"Ellena, what in the name of the Ice Queen is going on!" Hex looks around and then more quietly "Sorry to inturupt this little, what ever this is but I have a feeling that trouble is afoot. Watch who you rattle with that stick of yours Zarias, my family are weapon shiths and tomorrow we buy you a sword, for now be alert you two, gaze around as often as you swoon into each others eyes. Where is Skawalla and Thorion?"
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Having no firm leads as to what is the matter, Gavin decides to wait. He notices a small side street and moves there. And an empty barrel stand near the corner. He sits there with his back against the wall.
He closes his eyes and pretends to sleep. Yet sleep is far. He watches around him carefully through drawn eyelashes and shifts his body so he has a good angle of view. He shifts and moves until he can watch Hex and her friends without moving his head.
Content to wait now, he relaxes, but keep his ears open to any sound from behind. He goes through the recent events and a smile crosses his face.
Why, that Hex sure is something special. I couldn't have pushed through the crowd the way she did it on our way back. And that snarls and smirks she gave them. Almost scared me, she did. I'll have to stay close though. She may be tough, but if my gut tells me right then she will need my help. Don't worry friend, my life for you.
Sleep is slowly coming to him, but he is determined to remain awake. He shifts some moe until he sets himself in quite uncomfortable position. Certain that he won't fall asleep now he continues his watch.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]

Post by Guest »

Zarias gawps at Hex standing over him, "Erm Skawalla is standing over there and Thorion is over there." Zarias juts his fingure out in two directions. "Now Hex could you kindly leave me to my actions please." Zarias then looks once again at Ellena.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex looks in the direction he points. turning back she thumbs him with his gaunleted fist.

"You just listen to what Ellena says, she seems a little less egar to wind up in a fight she cannot handle then you do. Watch over this fool Ellena, and stay close to him, he may be brash but he would fight with his heart alone and I am affraid that is pretty much all he has at this point. His heart may be large but that staff is a lot tougher and he is not so bad with it after all. Remeber Zarias, the best weapon to take to battle is the one you know how to use. I have seen many a warrior taken down with as simple a stick as that." With that Hex leans back.

"Sorry for (she waves her fist at them) intrupting what ever you were doing, just stay awake, we can argure about it later, I just want there to be a later."

Hex looks around looking for Christobal and then stomps off towards Thorion.

"Thorion, what are you doing. Have you noticed anything afoot? Hey Skawalla, get over here, what do I look like a page girl!"

Hex stand there, her coif down with her braids twitching with anger, one hand resting on the Glaive, the other, a fist upon her hip.
Thorion Tane

Post by Thorion Tane »

Thorion looks over to see Hex approaching like a thunderhead, and walks up hesitantly to meet her. "Well...hello, Hex...emm...what's the matter? I was just waiting for the Birth of the Boat, or whatever that silly ceremony is. Are you alright?" He waits uncertainly for her reply, which he is sure will contain reprimands, shouting, or venting of anger. He stands in what he hopes is a stoic fashion, readying himself for whatever she will say.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

" I have a ill feeling in my gut like something here rots. I feel that there is some trickery afoot this night and I am exspecting trouble in the form of a sword. I had to leave and i just wanted to get back to make sure that everyone was safe. Now that I am here I feel a little better. You haven't noticed anything strange going on have you? I haven't had any of the wine, does everyone who has it feel lust or is that something else that I was unaware of? I should ask Skawalla, he knows something about food."

Hex is constantly scanning the crowd looking for the "rot" to make itself known.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

There is a soft footstep in front of Gavin, and as the figure approaches out of the shadows, it soon becomes apparent that it is Amber. She stops when she sees the man sitting on the barrel, then leans over, hands on her knees, breathing heavily. "Sheesh, you guys are hard to keep up with. I can understand being a little edgy after what happened, but you lot are running around as if Lady Death herself were on your heels! What's got you so worried?"

Without waiting for a reply, she leans against the wall and slides down to a sitting position beside the barrel. She leans her head back and is silent for a moment, trying to regain her breath. Finally, she opens her eyes again. "So are you actually leaving town, or are you just running around like it?"
Last edited by Amber Kynterle on Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"Well, Amber have you noticed those two thieves being so bold? And, this here party bussiness is not natural. Why would someone throw such a big party? And call it Newcomers Feast? Would you have done it? At first I was aught in the moment, but now it doesn't seem right to me."
Gavin has "awakened" and is sitting upright now, looking towards Amber.
"As for the leaving part, Hex seems to need some help right now. But, come the day and we may leave. I am packed already and I need only drop by to pick my stuff back at the Duck. So if you are up to it, we can leave in the morning. I have asked some questions and we may even have some work. So what do you say?"

Although he is engaged in conversation with Amber, Gavin is still surbeying the surroundings. He arefully foolows Hex and notes the people she talks to. He counts them allies and remembers their faces and figures as well as their positions among the crowd.

OOC: Amber, as for that work, the job looking thread is still active so more information will be available soon
Thorion Tane

Post by Thorion Tane »

"Well...I'm glad you feel better," says Thorion. "I've noticed that a great many people have been waxing eloquent about the shivers they're getting or the foul feeling in the night air. I've heard strange rumors. Personally, I just think they're all drunk." He sighs. "You don't suppose the boat will be christened any time soon, do you?" With fatigue, paranoia descends on the formerly immune half-elf. "Then again, we've had a strange couple of days...you don't..." *yawn*..."think they're connected, do you?" He eyes passersby suspiciously as he waits for an answer.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex breaths in deep and brings the adrenalin down a notch, staying on the high will only make her shake and not be 100% later. She is on gaurd, a notch below rage and ready for anything. Skawalla is just sitting there staring at the stars, the gnome must be drunk Hex thinks to herself. What is going on, where is the rot?

"Thorion, what time is it? Do you know when the boat thing is going on?"

Hex looks at the sky and then scans the crowd looking for Cristobal and his crowd.
Thorion Tane

Post by Thorion Tane »

Thorion looks pensive for a moment, then replies. "Late eveningtide or early gravetide, I think. Don't really know, however." He watches Hex, puzzled. He doesn't see the reason for her anger, and wonders why she is glaring at Skawalla. Better him than me, Thorion decides thankfully. He decides to spare his legs the torture and sit down on the grass.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

"Of course I noticed the thieves," Amber replied. "But I'm not convinced they were anymore than a pair of drunk bullies trying to push around someone smaller than them. As for the party, I don't pretend to be able to understand the whims of the 'higher-ups'. I don't recall such a feast ever being thrown before, but then again, I'm not that old."

She fell silent a moment, considering Gavin's question. "Yes, I could leave in the morning, as long as we've got a specific destination in mind. If we could swing by my father's farm on the way out, I could sneak in a grab a few things before we go. And when you say work, are you refering to the bounty hunter business, or something else?"

She crossed her arms over her chest, her entire posture and demeanor radiating a cool confidence that was the opposite of Gavin's alertness. Whether she was really as oblivious to the danger as she looked, or whether she was just putting up a front of bravado was hard to say. But behind those depthless emerald eyes, her mind was working fast and hard.

Whatever's going on here, she thought, really isn't any of my business. All I care about is getting out of here. If I'm quick and careful, my parents and my brothers won't know I'm gone until it's waaay too late to stop me....
Skawalla

Post by Skawalla »

Skawalla gets up and walks over to Hex.
"I am most certainly NOT drunk!" he exclaims. "I was just starin' at the stars. Pretty things. What d'ye want t' ask me?"

OOC: Humpf, don't go calling Skawalla drunk when I wasn't even aware Skawalla was supposed to be _here_. :cry: *sniff sniff* Skawalla wouldn't get drunk. heehee :P
Last edited by Skawalla on Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

"Hello there Skawalla, it seems that the others want to keep you close so in my books that means you stay clo...."

The last words out of the mouth of Hex trail off. Her head slowly cocks to one side and a low growl starts to emit from her throat and her lips begin to quiver into a snear.

Hex speaks in a low growl.
"Don't stray too far you two and try to stay alert, I think that trouble is comming and when it does I want to know where everyone is, speaking of which someone needs a little reminder about some things..."

Withthat she clicks her tounge and strides over to where she has spotted Raven and the man from earlier.

[/i]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin watches the discomfort Hex causes in her friends. She is the lady of the house, and they know it. Now, that is the real woman. She erminds Gavin of his grandmother. Sure, his grandfather was a 7 foot tall sword-wielding clansman, but when his grandmother said that he had to do something, he hopped to do it. And his grandfather never complained. Not, that it ever would help, but he was acctually happy.
He emerges from his musings and looks towards Amber.
"Well, I inquired some about what needs to be done, but nothing in particular. I thought I drop by in the morning and see about the details. For, start nothing too dangerous. But, later as I said only imagine what a good trained and experienced group of people could accomplish."
He stops for a moment and then continues.
"As for that stop by your fathers farm, I'll be glad to accompany you there. Even if it is in the completely different direction. I was never the one to refuse a little walk in the wilds. So we shall see each other in the morning? Say at breakfast?"

OOC: Sorry, but still nothing on the job. Waiting for Wyverix to answer my other thread. Troubles of timestamping. Here you are acquiring about the job, and I am still looking for it the day before. But it'll be better.
Skawalla

Post by Skawalla »

"Trouble?" Skawalla hisses. He nods. "Aye, marm," he nods again. "I'll stay clo." He giggles and then cringes at a glare from her. "Close."
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

(OOC: Don't worry about it Gavin. I'm a little behind on things myself, so I'll just be patient and see what happens. If I attempt to engage in any more time paradoxes, just let me know. :wink: )

IC: Amber nodded at Gavin. "Sounds good to me. I'll find you in the morning. I don't where I'll be, but probably not at home. My father will kill me if he sees me in the morning, but I just don't feel like going home tonight." She snorted softly and looked straight ahead again, eyes distant. "Too much going on to waste time at home..."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"I believe we should work out some semblance of a battle plan. I reckon you are not a warrior type so you would not be safe by my side. Correct me if I am wrong, but you do not excel in the front ranks. So I suggest you cover my back if trouble starts. Just, stay behind me and strike when you may. From distance if you can. And if someone stays alive after I am done with them, finish it quickly. We make for the Duck. We do our best to help Hex and her friends, but don't risk overly much. You agree?"
After this mindstorm Gavin gasps for breath.
"If ye need some weapon, take my dagger. If not, fine by me."

OOC: Job interview coming. Should be completed today.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber looked more than a little upset at Gavin's comment on her not being a warrior, and not excelling in the front ranks. But she did not protest it, either. She was, in fact, more of a brawler, not a trained soldier, and she knew very well that she had much to learn in the ways of fighting. Her sulky look vanished, though, as he talked about weapons.

She reached beneath her black jerkin and two long knives flashed in the the dim light of the alleyway. "Thanks for the offer," she replied smugly, "but I think I've got that area covered. You can count on me to watch your back," she went on. "And no, I don't like the idea of risking overly much to help people I don't know too well. But neither am I one to abandon friends, even if they are newly made. Let's see what happens, and go from there."

She paused, then sighed. "And I like the idea of going to the Duck. I could use a real drink... if the barkeep will let me have one, that is."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"Well if she doesn't, I'll buy you one myself." Gavin smiles at the remark. She also noted her look when he said she was not a warrior.
She has spirit. Good. That'll make her perform better. I only fear that she doesn't act too boldly. Well, I'll just have to keep an eye on her.
"As for leaving for a drink, no need for that. Plenty of those here. Just choose your pick. But, beware. Don't drink too much. I made that mistake earlier, but now I am at my best. So if you fancy a drink have no fear, I'll be right here when you get back."
Gavin settles back again, content with waiting. No need to get overly excited. It only makes you hungry. And he has no time for that. At least not now.

OOC: Amber, job interview going fine. Will have some info later today. Bye now.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber made a face at Gavin's mention of the party's drinks. "Are you kidding?" she exclaimed. "Have you tried some of that stuff? It's a bunch of rich peoples' wines and champagnes and junk like that. No, no, I'm talking about the real drinks that the Duck offers, like cool, crisp ale - or even a good, fiery whiskey if you're in a bad mood." She grinned roguishly. "That's what I'm talking about."

She paused and winced. "I already made the mistake of trying some of that wine - or whatever they call it - that they've got over there. It was disgusting."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin laughs heartily.
"I liek you Amber. More and more with every passing minute. As for the drinks, I can still taste that glass of Islay whiskey I had barely an hour ago. And I drank ale at the feast."
Gavin looks around and leans closer.
"Allthough I don't recommend having any of that feast stuff. It is all suspicious to me and there may be some stuff added to all those drinks. I don't plan of drinking anything anymore. At the feast that is."
He leans back and absently scratches his forehead. He winces and curses silently. He forgot about the wound. Again.
He crosses his arms over his chest and leans back again.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber just grinned at Gavin's remark. "Islay Whiskey is definitely one of my favorites," she said. She paused, then added, "Of course, if my mother or father caught me with it, I'd be skinned alive, or suffer some other, equally unpleasant fate." She snorted. "They have yet to come around and realize the benefits of good drink."

She looked back toward the feast and shifted impatiently. "So, are we waiting for the one called Hex, or something else?"

Return to “Dort Archive”