Parade To The Boat

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Raven

Post by Raven »

Raven nods to Hex and then goes back to Thorion and Blaze.
"I havent said hello to the new wood elf," she says to them. "Come with me, and let's greet her."
They approach Arvana, and for the first time in what feels like an eternity, Raven smiles. "Nice to meet you." She puts her hand out, hoping that this new face is a friendly one, and not one that trouble can arise from.
She glances back to Hex, Zarias, Skawalla and Ellena in a sweeping motion before returning her eyes to Arvana's face. "My name is Raven Shadi."
Dun

Post by Dun »

Blaze walks up to the new one among them with a friendly smile.

"Im Allen... but everyone calls me Blaze!" - He says as he stands next to Raven, placing his arm around her
Thorion Tane

Post by Thorion Tane »

:shock:

(OOC:Hi! I am back. I have no idea what's going on, either. I'd appreciate a breakdown, but if it's too hard, I'll try and read the previous threads. I have a feeling that nearly two weeks of posting will be hard to catch up on, though. Thanks! :P

(EDIT:OOC: Actually, there hasn't been as much activity as I thought there'd be, so I think I can catch up on my own.)
Last edited by Thorion Tane on Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorion Tane

Post by Thorion Tane »

Thorion gradually appears to be recovering. He resumes control if his limbs, and finally manages to walk on his own. He hazily recalls the tail end of a group spat, which he had previously thought was a dream. Now it appears everyone has overcome there differences, and quiet conversation dominates the scene. He realizes that he could never have made it to this place on his own, being indosposed (through no fault of his own, no doubt) and gazes around groggily. Rancid meat, must have been...bad wine...unspeakable...I'll have a word with the cook... he thinks. He sees Raven looking at him, and comes to the conclusion that she must have practically dragged him here.
<P>"You...?" he asks. "My...thanks. I suppose...you paid me back for the herbs...for Acyerna." He looks around stupidly. "Need water," he explains.

(edit, OOC: Raven, don't leave! Give the group a few more chances...I think the fighting really is IC, but if it bothers you, I promise I won't start any fights. And if it turns out to be a problem, maybe it's just that the group is getting too big. Don't quit yet! :( )
Last edited by Thorion Tane on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

Abner was releieved when the others began making their own introductions to Arvana because despite his claims to know the group, he could not reliably remember any of their names. He did know why they -- or at least he -- were here, though. "We be going to see boat of Christobal Scion. He big merchant of Dort and make big feast for all newcomers. If you be new in Dort, you be invited too!" he said to the wood-elf, trying to be helpful. "Too bad you not know about wine science. I be needing assistants for research. What are you doing a this city?"
"Wel loved he garlek, onyons, and eek lekes,
And for to drynken strong wyn reed as blood"
--Geoffery Chaucer
Raven

Post by Raven »

Raven pats Thorion's shoulder, and looks relieved.
"I'm glad you are feeling better, my friend."

OOC: Good to have you back, Thorion. I'll be waching for you on msn to fill you in on everything that happened while you were gone. *hug* I wont be quitting. (:

Post by Guest »

Arvana extended her hand to the one who introduced herself as Raven, then smiled at the one who joined Raven's side. "Nice to meet you both. I am Arvana Skyquil." Getting annoyed by her hair, she fixed it again. She was glad that the others introduced themselves instead of the one she was talking to earlier. He seemed a little uncomfortable. "I'm sorry that I cant be of any help. I came here to Dort in search of a job, which I believe I mentioned earlier. But in anycase, I heard that yous are all in the same boat as me eh?" Laughing, she realised what she had said.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Raven laughs at what the pretty wood elf says and nods.
"That we are. I am from Amun Rah, and I've only been here a few days, too. You've met Blaze," she says with a squeeze of her arm around his back and then motions to Thorion. "This is my friend Thorion Tane." She introduces Thorion for him in case he isn't up to it. "We're going to talk to Cristobal tonight about work."
"Where are you from?"
Skawalla

Post by Skawalla »

Skawalla looks sadly at Zarias. "Don't leave just yet," he says before walking back to join Abner and the rest. He reclaims the massive buldgy Sacky and puts it on his back.
"Now, where was we?" he asks. "Oh, lookit chee, Halfie!" he chirps. "Feelin' betta?"
Thorion Tane

Post by Thorion Tane »

The sickly half-elf nods and produces a pale, pained smile as Raven introduces him. He mumbles a greeting.
<P>When Skawalla greets him, Thorion winces. "Not so loud!" he whispers as loud as he can. "I'm not feeling better; only more awake." He squints irritably, but looks contrite after a moment. "Er...sorry, didn't mean to snap. It's...good to see you again, too."
<P>His eyes squint completely shut. He reflects on all he has to be thankful for; namely, that he hadn't been abandoned or carted back to the Drunken Duck, and the remarkable luck he had in not vomiting at all from the...food poisoning. In addition, the pounding in his head is now keeping him awake for the Boat Christening.
Wyverix

Post by Wyverix »

As the parade winds its way through the streets of Dort, the crowd is greeted by some of the city's inhabitants even at this early hour. There is a little grumbling from some, cheers from others, and some merely stand aside to watch the procession pass by, but all those who seem to be awake have focused their attention in one way or another to the activity.

After what seems like a more than fair trek, the docks emerge into view. The slithering snake that is the parade draws slowly to a halt before the moorings of a large and elegant four masted vessel that looks to be part merchant trader, part warship, and part sleek racer.

Cristobal waves to the ship with pride. Selecting a bottle of golden wine, he breaks it against the bow of the ship. "I dub this vessel The Wayfarer in honor of my newfound friends and colleagues who have made their way to homeland Dort and will from there make their way in the world! Let us sail the seas of fortune together!"

Post by Guest »

OOC: Thanks Wyverix, from here on, I'll take over.

IC:
Count Von Bleibhier was standing next to Cristobal. Both men smiled.

A trader came closing in on the harbor and Cristobal said "There you have my dad probably. Coming back early from his trip so he could see his new beauty."
Skawalla

Post by Skawalla »

Skawalla shrinks back.
"Auch, are ye sure ye didn't vomit?" he asks. "Want a mint?" he whispers, remembering to be quiet. "'Twould never have happened if it had been my cookin'!" he says proudly. "I need to talk to Cristobal and Abner..." he murmurs and grabs Abner's upperarm and is about to haul him over to Cristobal when he realizes they've reached the boat!!!
"Ah!" he cries. "What a marvelous floating house!" he giggles. He hauls Abner over to Cristobal as he breaks the bottle against the boat's hull.
Skawalla bows in respect as the wine bottle shatters and sends little droplets of wine flying through the air.
"O Master Cristobal! What a truly magnificant boat! 'Tis a real beaut. Master Cristobal, may I ask how soon we will be having a meeting to discuss jobs?"
Dun

Post by Dun »

Blaze turned his eyes to the magnificient vessel as the bottle was shattered in joyfull celebration. He joined the parade in cheers as Cristobal made his speech and looked up his guests.

After it was all done, he could not help but to look around, at first very doubtfull, then with a smile he couldnt hide

"So..." - He thought to himself - "Nothing?!"
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

The parade having finally reached the docks, Abner was appreciating the beauty of The Wayfarer when Skawalla practically dragged him up to where Cristobal was dedicating the ship. He winced as his friend intruded upon the merchant in the midst of his ceremony. Trying to somehow salvage the situation, Abner stepped in front of his impetuous companion, hissing in Gnomish: "Skawalla, please! We must be tactful with our new employer."

"Pardon us, please, Mister Scion, Sir," he piped up cheerfully but obviously embarrassed. "This be Skawalla, my... erm... assistant. He be much excited by news of project and not want wait to be thanking you." He smiled weakly at the merchant and the nobeman next to him, who certainly looked important but who remained unknown to the gnome.
"Wel loved he garlek, onyons, and eek lekes,
And for to drynken strong wyn reed as blood"
--Geoffery Chaucer

Post by Guest »

Following the rest of the group, Arvana was in awe as she seen the boat ahead of her. "What a beauty" She continued her conversation with Raven even as they arrived at the boat. "It is a pleasure to meet you. Are you alright, m'love?" A concerned look crossed her face. "I can surly help....got some remidies for a bunch of things in here." She pats her bag. "Answering your question Raven, I am from Pan's Isle. Ever been? A remarkable place."

Post by Guest »

(OOC The prodical son returns after a period away and I have had time to think on things. Now my character has been a idiot so far and fine I accept that however I think all of you can understand that I would prefer not to travel in a group that may as well be named the Zarias hate-club due mostly to outside interference which was a fault on my part. However I feel that to make the group work with me or indeed without me the membership must be decided now, a list of people must be drawn up because at the moment the group seems to be a central core surrounded by a number of stragllers that need to be adressed, now this could be rectified in a number of ways. A) The people must be rejected firmly but fairly or they can be incorperated. Alternitivly an organization could be started with a central office in Dort and the different people perform different tasks but help each other kind of like a semi secret society.

Now I will not pretend anything, I would be honoured to travel with you if you will have me, however I would like to travel with people as friends rather than enemies.)
Anarie Laezuriel

Post by Anarie Laezuriel »

OOC: thank you Adanedhel, I am now here "as a I please" as you eloquently worded it. Pleasure to be here too :-)

IC:

Anarie easily found her way from the tapestry quarter to the docks. The parade must be at it's end she thought, for everyone was gathered in a large mass before a rather large vessel. The Earendil Cala'Quessir (Half High-Elf) blinked several times when the sun glared against the ship's new paint and reflected right into her eyes. The smell of the sea and the fish in it was much stronger here than further in the city and the young Laezuriel lass found herself fighting a bout of nausea. How the sea air made her ill! Luckily she had Althea tablets, and Dille potion in her purse. She opened the purse and popped two tablets into her mouth, chewing and swallowing them down to let her stomach settle.

There were so many people here! The crowds gathered at the docks made the Tapestry Quarter look deserted in comparison. She noticed two nobleman standing near the apparently new ship but she had not a clue who either of them were though she assumed at least one of them was the merchant named Cristobal . . . after all it was HIS boat crystallizing or whatever he wished to call it and he was bound to be somewhere near the 'boat'.

Just then the young bard remembered why she wanted to come here. To find out what in the blazes a "boat crystallizing' was all about. There were so many people to choose from where should she start? Her quick aquamarine eyes spotted a striking ebon haired lady not far from where she was. She recognized the hair and tan skin as traits from Amun Rah. She walked slowly up to the woman. "Lady of Amun Rah, very much excuse me please. I was wondering if someone could please to tell me what a boat crystallizing is? I am Kislovian and things as such are new to I." Anarie really hated to speak in common yet again but she did not doubt that the lovely haired lady would not be speaking Elvish.

OOC: to anybody who does not understand a word when I am speaking in dialogue . . . I do that on purpose to indicate Anarie's mere basic knowledge of the Common language. Also I do know that it is a christening not a crystallizing, that also is a character trait. Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up. Thanks. 8)
{END NOTE}
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Skawalla

Post by Skawalla »

Skawalla doesn't notice Abner's wincing, or embearassment. In Gnomish, he hisses back to Abner; "I AM being tactful, you just didn't let me start."
To Cristobal, he says, "Yes, sir Cristobal, I do want to thank you profoundly on your genorosity. Apologies if'n ye got the wrong impression on what I was asking, but I must first recieve an answer before continuing on with what I mean...well, I'll just ask right now. Do you know of a shop where I might be able to rent so I can also start up my own resturant? I would dearly love that, very much, Sir." He grins up to the other man next to Cristobal. Skawalla bows to him, also and greets him politely.

OOC: Hi Charlie!!! Missed you :P Didja have a good time?
Um...let's seeeeeee...I would like to offically invite Abner and Arvana into the group. And I would like to keep you, Zarias, in the group, too. *tries to count* So...Raven, Thorion, Hex, me, Zarias and who are already in the group? (Who else would like to vote Abner and Arvy into the group? Say AYE!)
Last edited by Skawalla on Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyverix

Post by Wyverix »

OOC: Please read the Dort OOC thread and move any off-plot discussions there. I understand that you are eager to discuss some points that are relevant to how your characters will proceed in the future, but in the midst of a plotline is not the place for such discussion. The place for such a discussion is outside of a plotline thread, such as an OOC thread.

Thank you and I do appreciate the OOC attempts at resolution.
Last edited by Wyverix on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Raven cheers and claps her hands at the christening.
She leans to Arvana and shakes her head. "No, I've never been out of Amun Rah before."
She squints to the sunlight and shields her eyes with her hand at the ship.
"Yes, it's lovely! Although I don't know much about boats to start with." She laughs.
She turns to see Anarie. "Hello, friend," she says, offering her a smile.
"Boat crystalizing? No," she laughs (not unkindly). "Boat christening! It's just a way of blessing the new boat.
"Kislovan? I'm from Amun Rah." She smiles again.

OOC: I have to get, but HI CHARLIE! and Anarie, I understood what you meant (:
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex looks over to Blaze and nods in aggreement. She then spits and scans the crowd. Unless this incommong boat is full of raiders this was going to be one lously trip to the docks. Hex watches the boat comming in while keeping a wtch on any potential trouble on shore.
Thorion Tane

Post by Thorion Tane »

Thorion claps as loud as he can (in other words, inaudibly) and cheers (mentally) for the magnificent craft that floats beyond the crowded docks. Although the noise of shouting, cheering, and general adulation rising in a deafening crescendo from the parade is causing considerable pain to his aching head, the spectacle of the beautiful ship distracts him slightly.
<P>The boat is a marvel of engineering, as far as this Earendil can tell. He cannot fathom what exactly the ship is meant for, but it's clear that it's an exemplary construction. He briefly wonders what extravagant expenses must have been associated with its commission and construction. He spies the constellation of the Whale hanging in the dark sky above the boat, and notes that coincidentially (or not) it is the sign of water and elegance. The thought brings a smile to his face.
<P>As fascinating as floating boats and their attendant stars are, Thorion feels an urge to join in some conversation. He is already near Raven when a blonde half-elf with extraordinary eye color engages her in small talk. Thorion steps closer and greets the newcomer (in the common tongue, not wanting to exclude anyone who does not speak Elvish).
<P>"Good evening, er...?" He begins, attempting a smile. "Kislovian? Where ever is that? That is...mm...from where do you hail?"
Last edited by Thorion Tane on Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarie Laezuriel

The young Anarie stresses over her hair wishing she has something to cover it with. The sun is shining brightly on her red-gold streaks that can be seen a fair distance away in extreme contrast to the majority of dark chocolate brown locks she had falling down her back in swinging ponytail. She loved her god Illuminatus very much, but today she did not personally appreciate his blessing quite as much. She sighed and crossed her fingers that she might just make some ’friendly’ acquaintances today despite the odds. When the woman of Amun Rah turns to address her Anarie smiles when she gazes at the woman’s beautiful ebony hair . . . it would be nice to have hair that calm and shimmering.

The young Laezuriel nearly stopped dead in her tracks when the woman addressed her as “friend“ for in her life she had been called many things but friend was hardly ever among them. She stopped herself from asking the woman why she would call a stranger a friend and took it all in stride; it was much better not to jump to conclusions. “Boat christening?” Anarie stares at the desert lass in bewilderment for a few minor seconds before she realizes her linguistic error The brunette half high-elf forces her face into a nervous smile although inside she is berating herself for not picking up on this often confusing language more quickly. “Of course, sorry overmuch I am at mine own failure in to learn your language. Born I was into Elvish, you understand yes?” The half-elf was speaking in a thick Elvish accent. Add that to her inefficiency at common conversation and Anarie figured she probably sounded like a half wit. She continued the conversation at her own peril. ( lol )
“Blessing a boat belonging to only one someone is requiring . . .” she pauses searching for the word then continues when she remembers, “ festivities of this size? Cristobal of which hearing I am is either friendly overmuch or overmuch concentrated on his ego.” Anarie states plainly and the left side of her mouth curls up into an impish, lopsided grin. “Perhaps both it is.” The Earendil Cala’Quessir (half high-elf) grins fully at her own comment. “The great Illuminatus most also be giving blessing this for the boat as he for graces all and us with great quantities of sun ever shining.” She indicates the bright sunshine whose rays are gracing the crowd today. “Yes Kislovan, birthed and grown there. Anarie Laezuriel I am being of the High-Elven home of Laezuriel. To call me Anarie you may take liberties, for much shorter it is and I am not minding it overmuch. You I spotted in memory before greetings I gave to you. Your hair and skin mark your heritage. Mine own also is marking myself as half of my father, so something we are sharing yes?”
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anarie Laezuriel

Just then she notices a high-elf approaching them, although his stance seems a little less rigid then the way her father (also a High-Elf) would carry himself. Her aqua orbs darkened in hardened resolve. Now that a pure blood had arrived she might as well dump this meeting in the chamber pot. Anarie never got on well with her cousins and seemed to be ever locked in their circles of ridicule, something she had long ago resigned herself to . . . but wait! Her fine brown brows furrowed in concentration he had a softer look then a pure-blood . . . He had to be a Earendil! (half-elf) and the other half was indeed high-elven of that there could be no doubt but on closer inspection the human half shined right through in Anarie’s vision. “Oh! day’s tidings on yourself . . .um, cousin.” Since he had spoke in common Anarie assumed that was his language of choice and responded in kind. Good grief! If Anarie had one coin for every person in Dort that spoke Common over Elvish she would be far richer than the Caesar Anochrim! Perhaps she would find someone to leave the city with that could help with her Common . . at least she hoped so. She was confused that the half-elf wished her a good evening for was it not morning?, perhaps it was just a grammatical error and in thinking this Anarie ignored it.

“Kislov-i-an? No no good Sir. Of the Isle of Kislov-an of the Seven Isles I was birthed, grown and developed. North-East of Dort Isle it is being, perhaps knowledge you have of the horses famed to Kislovan? Well, Kislovian is a name given those of birthing originating in Kislovan and I will apologize overmuch for confusion I am maybe causing.” Anarie also notices that he said something of hail. “Hail? Today does not appearing of storm front, well, as the telling I gave to a merchant earlier this ever so fine day . . One is never knowing if Illuminatus will continue to comfort us in light, or if a storm-front is appearing suddenly. Things of such are so fickle. However I am not for to think hail will falling be in Dort this day. Are you assured that feeling well your head is being? You are not seeming well, if I do not offend in the saying. You are seeming to coddle your head overmuch . . . ache of the head it is? Potion I have on my person of Valerian plant. Would you be wanting some? I am not minding the sharing of it.” Anarie smiled kindly, not wishing ill of any one. She herself had many headaches which occurred very frequently. That would explain why she carried Valerian Potion and what she told her racial ‘cousin’ was true enough . . . she didn’t mind sharing in the least.

OOC: phew! :!: Sorry this post was so long but I was trying to get everything I wanted to say as well as respond to two different conversations in one post. I had to double post though to avoid confusion. Is there a maximum word limit in Tazlure? Within reason, obviously you can't have five pages for one post but I just want to know if the long posts are sometimes okay or if I am incurring penalties ( and hostility ) on myself. :shock: Also . . . to Lauraly . . . I know you probably understand but I did not know that you or everyone knew. I try to make sure I don’t leave others as dazed and confused as I frequently am. :? :P :lol:
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Dort Archive”