OOC and Q&A: Read before posting in this forum!

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

OOC and Q&A: Read before posting in this forum!

Post by Maeve »

Are you unsure of anything concerning this forum? Drop us a line here!

--

If your PC is heading for the Burpin Dragon, please read this first post and follow its guidelines.

Posting in the Dragon

If there is no Burpin Dragon thread with your time stamp for it simply follow these steps.

1: Create a New Topic titled "Burpin Dragon: (with your time stamp here)"

2: Copy and paste the entry post listed below into the first post.

3: Add in a reply or entry post for your character following the first post.

RE: ENTRY POST

The Burpin Dragon is a two floor friendly Inn for those travelers down on their luck. Run by an odd couple this Inn caters to the poor and kind of heart. Here a man or woman can get experienced advice, new jokes and a place to stay for a very low price. Bardic and rogueish people tend to frequent this Inn the most. Bards share their talents and compete in a friendly atmosphere, while rogues can feel safe and secure for a night.

The well decorated foyer contains a grumbling old dwarf behind a desk, a place to hang your coat, a few comfy seats to rest in while waiting to check in, and a few baked goods to sample while your relaxing.

A stairway leads up to the second floor and a doorway leads into the Bar, where sounds of merry fun can be heard.

--

A note on a couple commonly asked questions about how the tavern runs.

1: Bartenders, Servers, and the rest of the staff are all moderated NPCs. As with the rest of Tazlure players aren't allowed to create them or direct their actions. You can walk up and order a drink, from the bartender, etc. It doesn't mean you automatically get one. This allows for us to be able to give you information and explore story ideas that would not be possible without interaction. Be patient and allow us to treat you to a fine drink and dinner.

2: Costs of food, lodging, and drink are covered by your 10% taxes. This means you do not need to deduct them from your charactersheet. Note there is sometimes exceptional items that you might have to do such with, but in the event of that we will ask you to deduct it with an OOC post. Many times you will read NPCs talking about the price of rooms or giving you back change, etc.. Why do we do this? Simple it adds a dimension of realism into the enviroment, thus enhancing the flavor.

3: Please keep the description of atomsphere limited. Such as describing music in the air, etc.. Yes bards play at the inn often, but in the future I would like to hold certain special events, etc. to enhance the experience. This would distract from something preplanned. Feel free to assume you can find an open table in the bar, or an unoccupied stool at the bar, etc...
Last edited by Maeve on Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Hello, Yappet here. i don't know if i'm blind and my thread is hiding somewhere, or what but i don't see it. can someone point me in the proper direction.

If it's been forgotten at EzBoard like i'm starting to suspect here is a link
felis catus

Post by felis catus »

And what about Penelbren's thread from Pecunia's temple?
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

its down there, lovely thread. i'm sure you love it.
but i need my thread. :wink: :
Andolin
Caesar

Hey Guen

Post by Andolin »

I hope the sword training post wasn't painful. Andolin needs the skill or I wouldn't bother you. I really don't expect you to be an expert on swords, but you continue to surprise and impress.;) I know nearly nothing about fencing or swordplay, so I'm easy. You can just write generally if you wish, but then again I know we are like-minded on training threads. :)
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Post by Guenhwyfar »

lol... not painful at all. It made me miss fencing, actually. I doubt they'll all be quite that detailed, but I was feeling long-winded -- and yes, we do have similar opinions on training threads. :) I am quite a good sabre fencer, but I don't know much about rapiers, so I'll have to finesse that a little.... ;)
Andolin
Caesar

Another Reason Not to Make Guen Mad

Post by Andolin »

Obviously, I enjoyed the post, I just didn't want you to think that I expected such quality everytime Andolin practices something. I wouldn't want to discourage you from moderating after all.;)

You being a sabre master IRL is great. :) Do you keep a blade at work to teach someone manners if necessary ... or in case of a sudden ninja attack on your office? *lol*
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Tesalyn

Post by Tesalyn »

Hello,

I know I haven't been able to devote as much time as I would like to Tazlure, but as we all know priorities lie outside the game. I stubbornly refuse to fade off into the sunset completely, this game is too incredible to leave.

So, I humbly ask that my thread please be moved over to the new boards.

http://pub130.ezboard.com/ftazlurefrm51 ... =200.topic

Thank you,
Tesalyn
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Welcome back Tes!

I'm moving the thread as we speak ;)

UPDATE: I've put your thread in the palace area and given you access to that forum!
Last edited by Maeve on Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Andolin
Caesar

Attention Guen: When you get a Chance

Post by Andolin »

In the Warehouse thread, Andolin has made an appointment to meet William Trance, and perhaps Tavren, at the Burpin Dragon on the 5th of Samheen As Andolin has yet to post for the day of the 4th, I'd like to preserve the day by creating a post for the day of the 4th and then post ffor the 5th (so I am in keeping with the rules on multiple threads). I think Andolin is finished with his thread on the 2nd of Samheen (Hawk and Dove). The one on the 3rd is still going, as you know. If nothing else, he could get some more swordplay training and magic training, and perhaps summon his demon.

I'm happy to start my post on the 4th and then you can take your time responding, since I know you need some time to settle into your new castle. ;) I hope all is well with you.
Rees

Post by Rees »

Guen- Rees and Naoisi are still talking on the night of the third- if I am correct? I had thought to have her see the jeweler on the morning of the fourth- but so as to avoid a time knot, if you want to wrap up the night of the third and just assume she does ?whatever on the day of the fourth- Naoisi has to go myseteriously out of town, so she and Caomhin give the Basilisk a good autumn cleaning perhaps?- we can just have her go to see Aelwen on the morning of the 5th, if that makes it simpler. What do you think?
Waz Herrimun

Post by Waz Herrimun »

Hello. I was wondering if anybody has heard anything from Nef (the person playing him of course)? And if he isn't here how should I proceed without him?
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Hello Waz,

No, I haven't seen or heard from Nef since the move. We can pull you off and do something else. Specially since the plot you were both in has more or less finished with the Festival of Pan.

I need to find out how to pull your char sheet over as well. Give me a few days to figure things out. If you haven't heard back from me by Saturday, please PM me with a gentle reminder.

WElcome back! :)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Sheet was moved by Waz himself ;)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Falco

Post by Falco »

would I be able to get someone to pick up my market thread please.
Market Road Merchant

Post by Market Road Merchant »

I'd be glad to help you with it, Falco, and my apologies for the slowness.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Our fault, we failed to give this acct posting permission in IC forums. THat has been corrected. Sorry Falco. Didn't mean to let you fall through the cracks!

:roll: :)
Last edited by Shaeliana on Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falco

Post by Falco »

:cry: I always get forgotten about :wink: np though
Lucie

Lucie on Samheen 6

Post by Lucie »

The thread Lucie on Samheen 6 is open to anyone who might like to join in. I'll wait another day. If no one adds on then I will move the thread forward.
Lucie

Sheets or Blankets?

Post by Lucie »

Hi Maeve!

Nice to see you, and I am so glad that Lucie made it through the night! A question about what Lucie is currently wearing...

Earlier you described the bed as having silk sheets. I used that piece of information to fashion her outfit accordingly. Most recently you describe her wrapped in blankets. Is this a mix up or a correction? Which outfit does she wear from here on?

Thanks.
Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Post by Guenhwyfar »

To all my players -- I will be gone tonight through Thursday, and will not have access to the internet. So no posts till Thurs afternoon at the earliest!

Behave while I'm gone, hear? Andolin, I'm looking at you.
Sekhet Atesh

Post by Sekhet Atesh »

Hi,

My character is interested in learning dark magic. I've been reading some of the old threads and was wondering if she could start out at the Basilisk's Stare?

Thanks

Sekhet
Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Post by Guenhwyfar »

Sekhet,

Welcome to Tazlure! Please send me a pm with more detailed information about your character and where you see her going and we'll discuss it....

:) Guenhwyfar
Lucie

About Lucie

Post by Lucie »

To my moderators ---

Please forgive my very long time away from the game. Real life complications kept me from Tazlure. Happily, I am back now, and eager to see Lucie's adventures continue. I have posted and await your pleasure. I realize that Lucie needs to catch up to become current with the pending synch event. Please tell me what you'd like me to do.

Yours sincerely,
Perdita Faechild

Post by Perdita Faechild »

I'm looking to start a thread for Perdita on the 11th of Samheen, does anyone have any ideas as to a place she could be going/ thing she could be doing? I'm stuck. :?

Return to “Inner City Archive”