Palace: The Great Hall [Entrance thread]

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Post by Guest »

Jayzen
The guardsman was tall, sturdy, and heroic-looking in his uniform and stern expression. The impression melted when he was approached. He seemed quite affronted that someone would seek to interrupt his vigilance.
“Lady Manyatta? Really, young man, I am a Citadel Guardsman - not the keeper of social schedules for visiting nobility. ‘Sides. I’ve never heard of a Lady Manyatta.”
He looked very closely at Jayzen, as if memorizing the details of his appearance before returning his gaze to the room in general.
Jayzen Du'Quild

Post by Jayzen Du'Quild »

Jayzen frowned, as if all his well layed plans had been foiled again. "Hmph, " he said to the guard. He considered a snappy retort, but thought it best to minimise enemies at this stage. "Well.... thank you anyway good sir....", he threw off casually as he turned away with a flourish of his black cape.

Jayzen bit his knuckle, pondering his next position. He wandered further into the palace to see if he could find anyone else to ask for directions
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Iorn Thalas

The Great Hall was largely empty this time of morning aside from the ever present Purple Guard and the occasional lesser servant passing through on their way to somewhere else. One of these worthies noted Iorn as he passed through and scurried off back the way he came.

He returned a moment later with a page dressed in the Caesar's colors. He swiftly approached Iorn and greeted him with a bow. "Be welcome to the Palace, lord. How may I assist you?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Iorn Thalas

Post by Iorn Thalas »

Iorn gave a quick nod to the man. "I am Iorn Thalas and I've come from Kings Court. I'm here to talk to the head of trade and commerce of the Citadel."

Iorn didn't find it necessary to give further details of his mission, although he did feel he had to mention Kings Court. It was bound to come out sooner or later, so it was best to not lie about that part. There would be plenty left to lie about..
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The page's brow furrowed as he considered the request. "That would fall under the office of the Treasury. Alas, my lord, the Furst Erwin, Treasurer of the Citadel, is not in residence at this time." He said apologetically and paused to think once more.

"Allow me to conduct you to a place of rest and refreshment while I inform the Treasury of your arrival." He offered with a hopeful look upon his face.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Iorn Thalas

Post by Iorn Thalas »

The fact that the Treasurer of the Citadel himself was not in residence at the moment could be in his advantage. The leader being gone always brought some chaos and replacements never really knew everything. The notification of his arrival would be surprising, he had to act quickly then.

"Mmm, yes. Although I did not come here for refreshments or rest, I trust that you won't take long. Let us go." The adhiel looked serious, but not stern. He didn't want to scare them off too much.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “T'aquar Archive”