New Adventures (Baze)

Moderator: Mods

Tygress
Retired Game Designer

New Adventures (Baze)

Post by Tygress »

You wake from your afternoon nap and stretch, stepping out from the shade of the tree you were under into the brilliant light of the sun, following the rocky narrow path that leads down from the mountain. Once you reach the foot of it, a well worn path stretches out before you. You can smell the water mingling with the smell of grass and fresh air. You look about you and to your right you see a soft smooth lake amid some trees. There are several Kanthrop fishing, frolicking and taking naps along the shores of the lake. You see a child picking yellow flowers off the main path. A small dirt pathway leads off to the lake known as Paw Lake.

If you continue down the main path, it is not even a road, just a slight walk way. About 100 paces up it splits in two directions one to the right one to the left, the path to the path to the left will take you to the Goldenback Fields, where crops and meadows provide food for the people of this floating isle. The remaining fork meanders southward into the Gnilwoh Forest, a wide, shallow stretch of dark forest that shelters the populated area of Etherial Isle from immediate view. The path through the forest is well marked and you soon find yourself approaching 'civilization', otherwise known as Valley Village.

You smile. Strange, although you've lived your entire life on this Isle, today feels like it is the start of something new!
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Falco

Post by Falco »

Looking up at the sky from where he laid Baze Let out a yawn and stretch. Finally after what a breath it seemed to him but was in fact 3 burns. Baze Finally got to his feet. Looking around at his things that were in a small little pile. Sorting though his items he packed everything that he had and either put it on him self or in his pack. Sighing as he looked down at his place of rest.

He started off down the main path towards the Valley Village. A small itch at the bottom of his feet gave a warm smile upon his face. Grinning and saying Hello to the child he walked on to wards the Village using the butt of his spear as a walking stick and whistling a word less tune.
Narmocáno

Post by Narmocáno »

Narmocáno, who was walking along the fields enjoying the weather and the nature around him, saw an unknown young man getting up and starting to walk towards Valley Village. Just where I was heading... Let's see if he can use a companion on his walk there. he thought and ran up to him.

"Young man, please, if I can have your attention for a burn. I saw you are heading in the direction of Valley Village and wondered if you could use a companion on your trip. What do you say?" Narmocáno asks Baze.
Falco

Post by Falco »

Baze looked over at the person calling his name and slowed his walk to make his run a little shorter. "The name is Baze" Said as he looked over his shoulder with a small shrug. "Company is always welcome as I enjoy it." He said with a smile and a waiting for a name kind of look upon his face though it was warm and friendly.
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

The boy walked slowly over towards Baze with the flowers in hand. His smile seemed feint as he held them out towards the man, speachless for a brief moment.

"Hello, sir. I'm Pom my mother's house is at the village you speak of.. Would you be kind enough to deliver these flowers to her if I gave you directions?"

With stating such he was nearly thrusting the flowers into the man's hand.
Falco

Post by Falco »

Baze taking the flowers "I would be happy to take them to you mom Pom though I will need the way told to me. And my name young Sir is Baze." He said with a smile to the lad as he awaited the child in a manner that gave the hint nothing was more important then the task that he had just been given.
Narmocáno

Post by Narmocáno »

"Well thank you, kind man. The name is Narmocáno. As they say, the more the merrier." Narmocáno answers Baze and looks at the approaching kid.

"Well Pom, I must say, those are very beautiful flowers you have there. You want to show me where you got them?" Narmocáno asks the young kid. His voice shows a great deal of interest, though only to make the kid feel good and important. A smile appeared on Narmocáno's face as he saw the joy in the eyes of the young one.
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

Pom smiled at baze And the other man that was with Baze.

"Thank you Baze, it is kind of you to do this for me."

The child smiled but it looked rather wistful. Pom brightened when the other man wanted to know where he had gotten the flowers, lifting small hand Pom pointed to the tree nearby.

"See where the flowers bloom? They smell so lovely, My mother loves flowers."

The young child looked to the ground kicking at the stones seeming a tad embarrased. Turning back to Baze the child looked at him with a serious expression.

"My mothers house Is the second house when you arrive at the villiage. Just tell her Pom sent them."

Pom smiled again rather faintly. Looking to both of the men he spoike once more.

"Thank you kind sirs for being kind, have a safe journey to the villiage."

Pom watched waving at the men as they walked away from him....
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

OOC:
This is a minor point, and it's up to you two how to play it out, we GM's will adjust to it, but you should keep in mind that you are Kanthrops, born and raised on this island, that only has ONE village of people on it..

Is it really possible you've *never* met or perhaps even seen each other around the village? :)
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Falco

Post by Falco »

(Ooc blinks good point. How many Kanthrop are on this Island. Just a guess around.)

Ic: Smiling "It is no problem Pom I enjoy walking and the flowers sent the comes with us is no burden." Baze said grinning and letting the sent of the flower waft over him. As a thought came to him he touched the scare upon his arm.

Dropping his arm. "Yes second house in. I got it Pom we will see that the flowers get there." Looking to Narm, Baze started to head off down the trial whistling a wordless tune. Looking back to make sure Narm was coming befor he got to far.
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

OOC: Round 500 live on the isle.. The kanthrop young are raised by the village, so it would be hard for you two not to know each other, but perhaps you guys may not have seen one another for a while..

IC:
As Baze walked along with Narmocáno, they saw the village come into view, smells drifted from there and in the distance they could hear the sounds of the Market Square.

Quietly the two men exchanged comments and glances they were anxious to get back to the village to give Pom's mom the flowers. Walking swiftly they entered the village...
Falco

Post by Falco »

"Well Narmocáno we have flowers to deliver." Baze said looking at him "I wonder if this is the same lady that patched the hole in my arm when I was younger." Grinning. "If this is her I hope she has forgiven me for biting her hand as she tried to really rub that stinging stuff in." Baze ended with a grin and he knocked upon the door and waited.
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

the house was simple yet beautiful, obviously someone took alot of time gardening. They saw herbs growing in an area of the yard , and beautiful flowers all around it, it was breathtaking.

Narmocáno and baze walked up to the house Knocking onthe door softly. they heard a voice call out "Ill be there in a flicker" the womans voice rang out. The door slowly opened.

Both baze and Narmoncano could smell foods cooking. She smiled at them, "What brings you boys to my door?" she said in a cheerful voice "Always lovely to have visitors come by." The woman eyed the flowers in Bazes hand.

"Why Baze are those for me?" She grinned at him "Would you both care to come in? Have some food? I have just made some." She gestured for them to enter with a graceful sweep[ of her hand. "Why Narmocano You have grown so much." she grinned patting him onthe back. "And you Baze My you are quite well mended." she said with a knowing smile, laughing gently.
Last edited by Rathien on Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Falco

Post by Falco »

"Yes Mama they are for you. Pom stopped us as we where coming to the Village and asked if we could take them to you upon our way in to town." Baze grinned at the offer of food, as he always seemed hungry. "MMMM smells great may I ask what is it... And I really am sorry about the bite upon you hand." Baze said as he blushed a little entering the house. looking back to wards Narmoncano.
Narmocáno

Post by Narmocáno »

Narm looked at her and waited for Baze to have finished. "Well, milady, it has been some time since we last met and indeed I might have grown a lot. About your offer, a gent can't decline such an invitation coming from you. Baze, do you accept this invitation too? By the way, it smells lovely. Maybe we can do something in return for this favour."
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

"come sit at the table" the woman said she set in front of them both their broth, it was aromatic to them men and had bits of meat and vegetables in it.

"Pom is such a lovely boy thinking of his mom like that, are they not beautiful"

She grinned and set to putting them in water, after doing so she returned to the boys. Smiling slyly at Baze she winked

"I still have a mark from that bit you gave me, you really dont like that stinging medicine do you?" She laughed softly. "Don't worry young sir it is forgotten, just another lovely memory."

She walked over to the counter and picked up some bread laying it upon the table for the boys and then sat down herself.

"Have you been to see Jacquel, he was looking for the two of you. apparently you both need to go and see him." she wagged a finger at the two "Have you two been putting off your studies?" She smiled as she gave them the message.

"YOu do know where to find Him dont you?" she asked expectently
Falco

Post by Falco »

"Yes he is lucky to have you raising him and yes very Beautiful. Baze winced and blushed a very deep red as she reminded him about his mark he gave her. Whispering though his embarrassment. "No I did not then nor do I now." He ended with a grin and his face went red for a moment once again.

"Jacquel!" Baze said "Umm putting off of studies why what would make you thing that?" Baze said with him most innocent face that looked guilty as hell while his fingers slowly inched towards the bread so that it could shut his mouth for him before he dug a deeper hole for him self.

Taking a small peace of bread. Baze shut his eyes for a moment. "Thank you mother for the food that you help provide us with and the safety that you give us." Opening his eye he grinned and popped a little peace of the bread in to his mouth and small mmm came though his lips. "This is very good. No though I do not where is Jacquel at to day mother.... Do you mind if I still call you mom?" Baze said with a little grin.
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

Smiling she looked at baze
"You know i do not min dyou calling me mother. And dont worry about past things" she gestured her hand toward him smiling "You are our child, it is not something we take lightly." she watched him stuff the bread in his mouth and laughed softly shaking her head.

HEr expression grew serious, yet playful "AHHH so you have been avoiding your studies, I am sure your mentor would be none to pleased to hear that." she grinned. "You both need to go to him, He is at his house, perhaps you boys should drop in on him."

She looked to Narm who in all this had not said a word, keeping a wise silence so it seemed. Her eyebrows lifted. "And you young man? what is it you have to say for yourself? You avoiding studies too?" her eyes glinted a palyful light as she spoke to the boy, she gave baze a sideways glance and winked at him.
Narmocáno

Post by Narmocáno »

Narmocáno looked up from his plate and answered her "Well, not really avoiding studies, but maybe I did spend not enough time on them. I was busy training my body most of the time. I need to be agile and strong if I ever want to go down. Besides, wisdom comes with the years, but strength and agility fade with the years, so why do it in the wrong order?". He took another bite of the bread and continued while chewing "Sorry for my rudeness of talking with a full mouth, but one day, I want to be a diplomat for us, down there with all the other races, and I don't want a full platoon of people guarding me, so I'll need my strength even more, may the people not like what I tell them.".

When his mouth was empty he said "Baze, maybe we'd better leave for Jaquel then? Milady, could I please take some bread with me for our journey to Jaquel's house?"
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

"Of course Take the bread" she smiled happily "You two better hurry. He will be cross with you."

She laughed "Dont you two go getting into more trouble now. Good journeys to you. And come back and see you ma now and then>" she grinned giving them a wink as she walked them to the door waving as they walked down the lane.
Falco

Post by Falco »

Baze gave a little in a mock frown that was replaced by a quick grin and wink. "But a little trouble is fun every now and again as long as on one is hurt." Reaching the door he turned and bowed. "Thank you for the meal my lady." He said and after a moment he stood up with a smile upon his face. Walking out the door he turned after a few moments to give a wave. Looking over at Narmocáno he broke way in a quick jog. "Well we are late trying to make it a hole lot latter." With that He set a speed that he could just making it to their mentors house.
Narmocáno

Post by Narmocáno »

"Hey! Wait for me!" Narmocáno said as Baze started running. "I thought you said trouble was good as long no one got hurt!?". He turned his head and yelled "Alright, will do mom! Goodbye for now!".

During the run he asked Baze "What do you think he needs us for? I mean, we haven't done anything against the rules right?"
Falco

Post by Falco »

"Well..." Baze said with a grin. "I haven’t but he thinks you are the one who put the poison ivy in his loin cloth." Looking over he had a grin upon his face. There was no ivy in this joke though he let his friends mind work over the possibilities
Narmocáno

Post by Narmocáno »

"Why you brat!" Narmocáno said to Baze as he tried to get up with him, sprinting. "He'll know it wasn't me anyway. I'm far to busy learning to dance from Amanda. He knows that. He has seen me around her multiple times.... Dancing!" he continued "I wouldn't be too sure about your position. He might want to say to me that I need to be more careful with my studies though. Dancing has been everything I've been doing since I got to know Amanda. Gads, will he be angry if I'm unlucky."
Rathien

Post by Rathien »

Jacquel lookes a baze with a serene smile, "Bad meaning that if you rush things you may cause yourself some harm, not learning to do something right and CORRECTLY, means you could hurt yourself, now we dont want that do we?" She paused for a moment, her eyes narrowing upon Baze

"You would not want to end up in half animal form and half your normal form now would you, what a mess that would be!" she exclaimed as she laugh softly.

Jacquel looked at Baze in silent contemplation. her head snapped up and her eyes lit with light. taking her hand she put it upon Baze's shoulder "Let us go and get Narm, and we will go from there to the training grounds "
She smiled mischieviously "Sneak up on him will we??"

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”