As Time Goes By - A Time Jump for Rendia

Moderator: Mods

Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia nodded, accepted, set aside her fear and found she was easily in the right frame of mind for a trance. Being so anxious had left her empty and willing. Fighting so hard had left her submissive. She found her mind empty and her sight clear when she looked up in her trance. Her own colors dazzled and distracted for a split second, then she squinted past them, looked through to the other colors she was seeking to match. She hadn't even asked how to overlay energies, she had gone into a trance trusting that she would know how to when she saw it.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Before she was able to discern the darker cloud that was the childs aura. Tentatively spread across the surface of the cloud was a light tracery of colours. The pattern was complex, but clearly discernable against the black nothingness behind it.

Feel the thread of energy that is like silver. It is strength and life. Concentrate on the thoughts of life, and spin a thread of energy.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia swallowed. It was a good thing she had not thought of seeing the darkness again. In her calm state she noticed it and was strengthened against it and concentrated on the colors. Beautiful, she felt. If silver was what she must strengthen, then silver it must be.

She let herself look at the colors, one bright mass at first, and then she slowly focused on the individual colors. She loved this part. But the effort would begin soon. A pale sliver caught her eye. Soon she could see the whole intricate network. It was gourgeous, but now she must try to overlay it with her own.

Rendia looked to herself. She also listened for guidence. This was all very surreal.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Look to yourself, and consider the energies of your own aura.

Image yourself as that silver thread of energy, a thread of life and vitality, pure of heart.

Be the thread, and it will be.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

The last instruction is what she took hold of. As she focused on the individual colors, she calmed and tried to "be" silver. She saw the glint and excited rose flashed before her eyes. But the silver grew stronger as she concentrated on it. She took her silver, she took herself and gave without thinking, gave herself permission to share this incredible strength with someone else, no matter how unwise the normal her might be. The black and dull browns were almost invisible. The silver light brightened and Rendia reached out at this point to the other aura.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

A thread of silver energy like fine worked filigree passed from Rendia aura towards that elusive pale pattern beside her. As the energy of her aura touched the accompanying aura, it flared like an exploding star, and energy ran through the weave beside her.

Suddenly life flowed in that aura as well, and as the energy ran like molten metal in a cast, the strength and vibrancy of the other energies in the weave also expanded, as if the boost in energy she had provided had kick started the energy flow of the weave beside her.

An yet she felt no reduction in her own energies, in fact for one breif moment, she felt as if the energies of the world flowed in her own viens. a delightful combination of power and form, and then it was gone, and she was herself, and beside her glowed an aura, more in line with what she was used too.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia watched with a sense of contentment, and was blissfully aware of the effects brought about by the final flash melding of the energy. In that one moment she was truly at peace with her surroundings and life. Later, she would look back on that moment for strength. As she let herself slip out of that consciousness, she found her self wondering why she did not feel drained. It WAS always better to trust.

Thank you Anasis.

The restored aura faded before her and Rendia felt calm. Without knowing she was doing so, she smiled.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As the uara before her faded, Rendia slowly returned to the physical plane, where before her lay a young man, no longer a child. The young man seemed to be of around 20 yahren in age, with tanned but still smooth skin.

Dark, neatly cropped hair framed his thin face, and a neat goatee beard covered his chin. Eyes closed, he seemed to sleep, peaceful in repose, his features seemed not to stir, but remained steady as if at rest.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia blinked at the transformation, much more comfortable with the appearence now that it matched the character within. But what had happened to the child?

Then, feeling her calm and security begin to fade, Rendia silently got up and slid around the bed, to put something between her and the stranger. She still could not leave him, for Naomi would be back soon. She was hoping he'd stay seemingly asleep. At that thought she squinted at his breathing. Was he asleep after all?
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

It was hard to say if he was asleep or not, but he remained peaceful and at rest, his chest rising and falling rythmically.

A gasp behind her, followed by "My Lady, what has happened," heralded Naomi's return, and a her hand on Rendia's shoulder confirmed it.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia smiled with relief when Naomi returned, but very briefly and still akwardly.

"Anasis told me to.. help him so he used my energy to..." Rendia felt light headed, " Fix his aura," she whispered in personal confusion. She was very glad Naomi had returned.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The hand on her shoulder squeezed reassuringly, as Naomi mumbled under her breath, repeating Rendia's words, "fixed his Aura" several times.

Rendia could palpably feel Naomi shake her head behind her, as the older woman considered the change she saw before her.

A hand reached down to touch the face before them, maybe a physical examination could resolve this matter.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia was alarmed by Naomi's response, and therefore grew still and quiet. It was pretty miraculous.. but Anasis had said so. It was alright, wasn't it? Rendia questioned herself, but she believed that when your superiors grew weak, then it was time to accept the shakey event without adding to their trial.

Rendia moved back around the bed at the hands movement, obediantly seeing Naomi's desire to test this change, and therefore willing to put herself close to the man again. If Naomi could not protect them, then Anasis must be trsuted. Rendia watched to see what would happen when Naomi touched the transformed male.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Naomi didn't get to touch the recently changed face, because just as her hand approached the young mans face, his eyes flickered, and opened, and Naomi snatched her hand back.

Those eyes were the same as the child, but perhaps older, and a touch of wisdom floated in them that Rendia had not seen earlier, and when he spoke, the childish, almost surly tone of earlier was gone, instead the voice of a stable young man came to them.

His first remarks were addressed to Rendia, "My thanks lady, your help appears to have restored me to myself, if what I have heard is any indication," and a small smile creased his mouth, maybe he hadn't been unconcious after all!

Next he spoke to Naomi, "You may indeed touch my face to see if it is real, or just an illusion. But, energy is the basis of all form in this world, and I assure you, you see the true nature of the energy that is my being." It was a rather strange way to talk of yourself, but then again, he seemed to be rather all around strange person.

Naomi nodded, a note of concern, or maybe just wonder in her voice," my apologies sir, I did not mean to intrude, but it has been a rather remarkable transformation."

"You should look to your companion lady, she was as responsible as I for the transformation," and he smiled again as he cast his eyes towards Rendia, although he had yet to move more that his face.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia felt things return to more ordinary patterns, if still remarkable ones. She did not need to be in front of Naomi anymore. Naturally, she moved herself behind her mistress, wise teacher, again as they talked. The reference to herself only made her uncomfortable as she stared at her folded hands.

What am I suppossed to do now? Did I complete the task Anasis gave me? I am so confused...

And she was. But for once it was not a crsis. She was confused... and she did not care.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Your task is but started my child, but started in grand fashion. The voice was in the back of her mind, and although she couldn't say why, Rendia thought the owner of the voice was smiling.

Naomi looked around at Rendia, a thoughtful look on her sharp features, tapping her chin with her long fingers before speaking.

"Well then young man, it seems I am safe to leave you in Rendia's care for the moment, other needs take my immediate attention. But, I syhall return, your case interests me."

Lowering her voice, Namoi added to Rnedia. "Watch this one closely my dear. It seems that we have an unusal case to deal with here."

OOC : Sorry for the delay Gia, it's been um hectic for the last two weeks since returning from holidays.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia did not know how to react to the voice. The corner of her mouth twitched at the secret praise and she blushed slightly, but it still did not show under her fading tan. She couldn't think, she didn't know what to think. She just stood quietly under Naomi's gaze.

Rendia did not let her face betray her disappointment, she looked up with eyes that were dull again, and not secretly bright. She did not let herself frown, plead, or let her shoulder's droop. Instead, after a pause and an honest struggle to look Naomi in the eye as she was being taught to, she softly said, "Yes, Naomi."

Adequately swallowing all fear and worry and desires to be away from the strange man, Rendia sat down firmly in the bed next to the other one and tried to keep watch. She couldn't quite bring herself to want to look at him. So, she stared at the bed beneath him and worried about how much he was probably going to talk to her. It was the toughest test so far, she decided, but she would pass.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The young man noticed Rendia's reticence to speak, and closed his eyes again, his face was relaxed, and if Rendia really thought about it, quite attractive, in a dark haunting sort of a way.

Lying there, he began to hum a tune, softly at first, but gradually growing in volume as he became more confident in his ability to hold the tune.

It wasn't something Rendia had ever heard before, in fact very few, if anyone, actually living in the Seven Isles today would have heard the tune before.

A slow lilting tune, it had a soft haunting nature, and for no apparent reason tugged at the heart strings, most effectively.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia couldn't help it, she resented this young man and his ability to stir her with music. She had never thought about the power of a song. As she struggled to regain control of her responses, she centered her thoughts back on what was important. She really did have instructions from Anasis. And amazing encouragement as well. Rendia lifted her eyes again to the man on the bed in a disconnected way, it was not a remarkable way to glace at someone.

And then she looked away again, studying the wall and the bed before finally settling on her hands in an almost thoughtful manner. Her breathing did not change, her face was unmoved. But Rendia was shaken. It occurred to her that this stranger spoke and reminded her of the one person who had meant something to her. The master who had been more like a friend. Rendia felt insanely jealous. No one could rival her master's wisdom or understanding, no one could rival his memory. She wanted to get up and walk away like one of the spoiled Nobelmens' daughters, those who did whatever they pleased and were miserable for it. This connection subdued Rendia's stubborn anger, and she was again content to sit and wait forever if need be.

But instead of remembering immediately that she had a further divine task, Rendia's thoughts wandered...
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Her thoughts were punctured by the sound of the young mans voice, "Did you like my song? I could sing the words for you, although I doubt you'd understand them, the language is somewhat arcane, and not many speak it today.

"An old man taught it to me, a long time ago it seems now," the young mans voice was wistful, as if remembering a time past that was easier.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rallad was always talking, always confusing her.

Snatches of memories and words made noise in her consciousness like smells in a closed room full of food, dirt, and living.

...but then all are slaves, don't you understand?

Energy and magic! And minds...fascinating things! All are made from energy, did you know that, Ren-ren?

You look like the day, Ree-dee..

Well then, what did he call you? ...what? Stop, stop, you ridiculous fool, you poor ridiculous... but I do like San Sprite, you never told me that. Come here.

Ree-dee, Ree-dee, Ren-dee, Ren-ren...

No, you will call me Rallad, child. I only look old, you will know me for who I am!

Ola-ola, teach her how to take care of herself, it's pitiful. And then come to my room. Kel-kel, you will come NOW, hahaha.

I love learning, and that is why they are content to leaving me alone. they suspect I am far too fond of new ideas.

We're all slaves. What are you speaking of?

People treat each other as lesser, but we're all slaves to something, even where they say there is no slavery.

Why are you looking at me with blue eyes? I can tell it means something... what a subtle psychological study...

There never was a place like that, Ren-ree, I would have found it.

Why do I change your name? Because I like new things!

New things...new things... Ren-ren... first time I saw you... why are you looking at me like that? I am very lucky to be the one in a vicinity for you to become attached to...

She could see his old, round, handsome face. Always thinking, always desiring new things and confusing her. She would never understand him and there would never be anyone like him.

And she would always be the last slave he had, the one he kept, the only one he had by his side when his life was finished. The one who had fascinated him... and who loved him. He knew it, even though neither said a word. He taught her the art of not saying things. He taught her big words just because he never bothered to talk down to any of them and was never too tired to explain. He had influenced her thinking, her skills, her heart, her understanding.

Why don't you ever smile, Ren-ree? Here I am, as old as I'm going to be, and you've never smiled. Smile for me, Ren-ren... you should survive... you should smile. Smile, Ren-ren. ...There you go. There... beautiful...

Rendia realized she had been staring off into space apart from the world and looked up at the young man on the bed. He couldn't touch, Rallad. She hated him. And then Rendia hung her head, ashamed.

She didn't hate him. She missed Rallad, always would.

Hate and love are the same thing sometimes... you can be angry at me when I've hurt you... only the gods are above mistakes...

She didn't hate this man any more then she hated all other men. Rallad had shaken his head, but it made him feel important, and he had said so. But Ola had told her not to hate, had told her what she knew about Anasis... and Rallad had...

Rendia blinked and cleared her convoluted thoughts. It was all a blur. Rallad had always been a complicated man.

And he had always encouraged her not to be bitter. Now she knew Anasis. Hail, Anasis, full of grace...

Rendia let go of her animosity and resentment against this reminder of her only previous safety. Anasis was her safety. She was better then Rallad too. He would've laughed. He would've been happy she remembered him. He would've told her how good she was at waiting.

So Rendia sat there with her memories and waited. Hail, Anasis, full of grace... and use me as you will. By the mercy of Anasis, hail, Anasis, full of grace...
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

OOC: LOL! I didn't even know you were on. ^^ Can I post as if the thought post was before your answer?

IC: Rendia was amused by the sudden response. An old man... how ironic.

"What language?" she asked, less uneasy.
Last edited by Gia as Rendia on Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

OOC: :D Most definitely, I was wondering how I was going to deal with this.

IC: "I don't know the exact origins of the lanuage, but it is an ancient elvish dialogue, used in the Eastern Realm. It originates from the forests to the East of the Great Desert, and is used almost exclusively by those who dabble in certain types of magic.

"My master taught it too me in my early years of indentiture, as I needed to be able to understand several of the poems and stories that he only ever spoke of in this tongue.

"Listern, I'll sing the first part of the song for you," Travis seemed anxious to interact with someone, and some of his earlier taciturn behaviour was now fading.

He sang a few bars of the song, and although Rendia could no understand the words, it still touched her heart with it's sorrrowful tone, but beautiful flowing sounds.

With an axious look, the young man asked in the common human tongue of the Seven Isles, "Did you like it? I think it's very beautiful." It seemed strange coming from the young man who had been so aloof not more than a few burns before.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

As Travis began to speak Rendia leaned forward slightly, with a look of wonder and an entranced sort of absorbtion showing on her usually stolid, reserved, if beautiful face. She would have been uncomfortable if she had realized she had done this, made this expression encouraged in her by Rallad himself.

...it is an ancient elvish dialogue, used in the Eastern Realm. It originates from the forests to the East of the Great Desert...

The words were like sweeter music themselves. Ancient elvish...

In fact, my dear, I have come to the conclusion what you are is elven! Maybe not full, but you do have their blood, not quite a sprite but close enough.

Rallad loved to gently tease. Fun, and teasing, and new things, new places, like an Eastern Realm. She should have paid more attention to his ranting about places. But then she had never believed she would ever leave Amun Ra. Forests and beautiful, glistening, dangerous deserts, sacred to Anasis and her husband alike. She was so enthralled she forgave the reference to magic that made her so confused. What did she think of magic? Rallad had always called it a mastery of deception. Like religion. But then ola had scolded and hissed and he had amended his statement to mean nothing of the gods and everything of the people who worshipped them. Rendia did not enjoy these paths that magic brought forward.

he had been taught, and he was eager to talk, to share. Was it her face, her appearance? It was always her face that made little children want to be near her. But even little children could be cruel, could learn to torment.

It was a good song. It made her curious. She wanted to hear the words again, she thought as she sat back again to the music and braced herself into neutrality out of habit. Still, she wanted the words. They all sounded so lovely... but it was something about understanding them and feeling more in control of their affect on her...
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

From his bed, Travis watched the quick play of emotions across Rendia's face, before it returned to it's studied pose of neutrality.

He was quite sure he had mde some sort of impression, but he was not really sure what sort of impact. "Would you like to hear some more? Or would you rather I tell you the story that goes with the song? It's pretty sad." He waited to see what the quiet, reserved, woman sitting next to him would do next.

Return to “Oracle's Isle archives (old)”