Home, Sweet Home (Amber, Gavin)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Galleorn

Post by Galleorn »

Garret and the others were quick to explain what had to be done and, in a short while, all four men were ripping up dead shrubs and chopping down the few trees that were left. They were all a great deal sweatier and a great deal hungrier by the time the sun began to set.

The light slwoly became more and more golden, and as it began to change again to a dim glow, the brothers decided to call it a day.

As they all packed up and started back toward the house, they chatted easily.

"You're a pretty good worker for a city boy," said Varin.
"Don't be a smart-arse, Varin," said Aeryn irritably.

Then there was a silent moment where Varin made a challenging face to Aeryn, then, when hs older brother failed to take the bait, a resigned grin formed on Varin's face.

"Yes. Well done, Gavin," said Garret, "You're help was much appreciated, and I think it's more than paid off any debt you might have to our family for letting you stay with us."

"I agree," said Aeryn, "I say, stay as long as you like. Varin has a spare bed. You can sleep in his room."

"What?" whined Varin.

Aeryn and Garret laughed heartily and patted Gavin on the back, as they all moved over the crest of a small grassy hill to see the farmhouse lights glowing warmly in the distance.
Last edited by Galleorn on Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber woke with a start, and sat bolt upright on her bed without realizing where she was. "I didn't do it!" she blurted, then stopped and looked around. It took her a moment to remember how she had gotten here. Hurriedly, she stood up and looked around. "Burning stars," she muttered, "I've gone and left Gavin to the mercy of my brothers. If they've pulled some kind of prank on him, I'll pummel them all!"

She went downstairs and looked out the windows toward the field. She saw the four young men returning. "Well, he's still alive, anyway. That's something."
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Though he was tired, Gavin felt refreshed in a way. The company was not so bad and he expanded a little energy. He never worked the fields before, but after todays experience he liked it in a way. He laughed along with the Kynterle brothers and remembered Amber's words. She described them as demons made flesh and although they were mischievous in a way, he liked their company.
He felt the pang of hunger in his belly and noticed that the brothers did too. They all quickened their pace form time to time and it was obvious that they all were eager to reach the house and, more importantly, dinner table within as soon as possible.
When the idea of Gavin taking Varin's bed came along and when Varin reacted defensively, Gavin merely smiled and had to answer.
"Well, I don't know Aeryn. Varin's bed sounds like a good idea. I am a soft city boy unused to farm hardships, but he is a tough farm lad. Maybe we should swap places."
Unable to contain any further Gavin burst into laughter along with Aeryn and Garret.
"Don't worry Varin, I'll be staying in the guest room. Your private kingdom is safe for now."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]

Post by Guest »

OOC: It's great to see this thread is still going, but may I ask you what timestamp it is at? I haven't found it yet, but might have overlooked it in my state of distress. Thanks for replying.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

OOC: Um, I think we are operating on the day after the boat crash, or maybe two days. I wasn't entirely sure myself. Are we behind or something?
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

It is on the Samheen 9th. There was a mention of it somewhere in the thread. I have already spoken with Anarie and we will jump to the current Synch event as soon as I hear form her.
Galleorn

Post by Galleorn »

OOC: Hey guys. Late again, I know. Let me know if theres anything in particular you wanna do in this thread, cos I think I've slowed you down enough. I'll move through things faster, if you like, from now on, to make up the time.

IC:

The continuing laughter of the men could be heard as they neared the house. Pushing open the door, the glow of the light they had seen from outside suddenly became a welcome warmth radiating from the open fire.

"Hey, mother," said Aeryn as they entered.
"Hello, boys. Working hard again, I see," replied Mr Kynterle from the stove. "Always, mother," said Garret and he walked over and gave he a peck on the cheek.

Aeryn moved off in to the other room, whilst Varin and Garret sat down at the table.

"I've made you boys a nice thick soup," continued Mrs Kynterle as she moved over to the table and placed three full bowls on it in front of the men. "Tuck in."
"Wow, great. Thanks, mother," exclaimed Varin before devouring the soup heartily.
"Mmm, yes. It's delicious, mother," added Garret.

Mrs. Kynterle just smiled and wandered back over to the stove to serve up some more bowls.

"So, Gavin," she said after a moment, "How did you go today working with my boys? Didn't treat you too badly did they?"
Last edited by Galleorn on Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber moved to intercept one of the bowls before it reached the boys, realizing that all that sleeping had made her hungry. "Mmm, good as usual," she said as she caught its fragrance. "I hope they didn't make you do all the work, Gavin," she said lightly. "I've seen them make more than one of their 'friends' do all the hardest stuff, while they sit around and make fun."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As he smelled the soup, Gavin realized how hungry he was. It was hard work and he put his back to it. He was tired, but happy. He got to meet Amber's family and he liked them so far, although it took so much hard work.
As he ate soup he listened and slowed down as Mrs. Kynterle spoke. Straightening his back, Gavin looked up from the bowl.
"Oh, no Mrs. Kynterle. They were nice. Varin did try to be funny a couple of times, but did not quite manage. I must say that the work was not easy, but they did they share. All three of them."
As Amber spoke he smiled.
"Rest easy, Amber. They behaved. Now, tell me. How was your afternoon?"
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber put on a serious expression. "Oh, I was kept very busy," she replied. "Making a bed is quite difficult, you know, and needless to say, I was quite exhausted by it. So, when I was done, I took just a very small nap, to recouperate a little. You know how it is." She tried not to smurk michieveously as she said this, but only partically succeeded. "I'm glad that your work went well though."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"So you were tired. Well all right then, I guess you deserved the rest. It was a long walk here. And you are just a girl."
Gavin managed to keep his expression serious until that. His mouth started to twitch and he had to smile. He knew how Amber felt about the whole girls are weaker issue, but he just had to say it.
"Sorry, Amber. But, I think you deserved it. Sleeping while we ere working and sweating and getting tired and dirty. Look at Varin there, he is messy all over. He was working so intensely he disregarded personal hygiene altogether."
This time Gavin could not manage to contain his laughter, but had to stop eating and start chuckling.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber arched an eyebrow at Gavin. If he were one of her brothers, she might have gone over and slugged him, but being as he was not one of her relatives, she didn't feel justified in doing that. "Oh, you had better watch out," she said, trying to keep a grin from her own face. "One of these days, I will get you back for that, and then we shall see which is the better. But as for Varin, well, he is like that all the time, so I must agree with you on that one." She did chuckle then a little bit, though she tried to continue looking serious.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"So, Amber, now that you are back home, would you like to stay a few more days? It is all the same to me. I can work for a bit more and though we don't have much time, we can spare a day or two. If not, we can leave first thing in the morning. So, what do you say?"
Never a man to beat around the bush, Gavin went straight. All that was on his mind is to gather as much about the future as he may so he could plan their next move.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber glanced around at her brothers for a moment before responding to Gavin's question. "Well, I wouldn't mind catching up on some rest, but I think if we get a good night's sleep tonight, I would be ready to leave tomorrow. I think we've taken long enough as it is, and we should really get started on our job." She looked to her mother as if she was about to ask if that was all right, but instead kept her mouth closed. Amber was old enough to make decisions on her own - at least, she thought so - and she was making a point not to care what anyone else thought about those decisions. "Yes," she went on after a moment, "I think we should leave tomorrow morning. Not too early, but definitely before midmorning."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"All right. Midmorning it is. I am sorry guys, but you'll have to work without me tommorow. Varin, you'll have to actually work a little bit. I am so sorry."
He smiled and stiffled a yawn. Although he did not work for long, it was a long enough after the walk there. His eyelids started becoming heavy and he knew it was time to sleep.
"Now that we resolved that I think I am ready to sleep. Call me a weak cityboy if you like, but I am dead tired. I think I hear the bed calling. Thank you for a wonderfull dinner Mrs. Kynterle. And thank you for a great day, guys. No matter what Amber says, I think you are all right. Now, if someone could show me to a bed, I would be eternally gratefull."
He looked at the Kynterle family and waited.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber stood from the table and beckoned to Gavin. "Come on, I'll show you where the guest room is." She waited for him to start after her, then led him down the hall from the kitchen to the room. "It's not much," she said, opening the door to let him inside, "but the bed is pretty comfortable, and the sun shouldn't bother you too much when it rises. And I think the walls are thick enough that when my brothers start singing before sunrise, that you won't hear it... well, not most of it, anyway.

"I think I'll probably head to bed, too. The excitment from the past few days has caught up with me. And there'll be more tomorrow." She grinned cheekily. "If you need anything else, just bother my mother, as she stays up late. I'll see you in the morning." With that, she turned and headed down the hall toward her own room.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

When he was left alone in the room, Gavin's shoulders dropped. He was extremelly tired, but he forced himself not to show it at the dinner table. He had much more respect for these people now. They worked hard and they did it each day.
He fought many times, but that was nothing compared to how he felt now. Every bone in his body ached and he had trouble undressing. With a tremendous will effort he managed to do it without a groan and finally sighed in relief when his body touched cold sheet of the bed.
He shifted for a few minutes before he finally managed to position his body so it hurt the least.
As the sleep drifted over his mind, he whispered: "Sleep well, Amber. And tommorow you will learn some things that may cause you to reconsider your decision to leave your home and carve a place for yourselves. But, should you choose to come along know that you will be safe as long as I live. And should you need anything I will do my best to satisfy that need. This I promise to you before the Gods themselves."
With another sigh he turned and drifted into a healing sleep for the night.

Post by Guest »

A gentle knock on the door woke Gavin from his sleep. He heard the voice of Amber's mother calling him. "Master Tylvan! Master Tylvan!" he heard her calling, but not loud enough to wake others in the big house.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

With a barely suspended groan Gavin rose from the bed. It took him a moment to realize where he was and then he heard the his name again. Quickly he rose and donned his breaches and shirt and walked gently towards the door.
As Gavin opened the door, his face was split by a slight smile. It was a sort of smile people have when they are happy, but not quite awake. His eyes were only slightly ajar and it took him a moment to focus his gaze on Mrs. Kynterle.
"Please call me Gavin, Mrs. Kynterle. What can I do for you? Is it already time to go?"

OOC: Could have used some time reference. Is is still night? Or is it already morning?

Post by Guest »

"Oh no... Gavin." she answered, "It's only been about one mark since you went to your room, but a royal messenger has arrived for you. He said he had to deliver you a message in person. Do you want to come to the kitchen to see him or do you want me to send him to your room?".

The woman looked quite serious and her voice was giving the impression that she either didn't quite get the situation at hand.

OOC: Amber, I'm sorry for keeping you out for now, but this might affect the future thread of Gavin and you. Gavin, is that enough time reference?
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"One moment please. I'll be in the kitchen in a mark"
Gavin turned and donned his boots. Hastily he adjusted his clothing and with a shrug left the room. With a slight nod he smiled at Mrs. Kynterle and motioned with his hand towards the kitchen.
"Lead the way, madam. And I am sorry for all the inconvenience. Please, forgive me."
He waited or Mrs. Kynterle to start towards the kitchen and followed in her steps. As he went his mind worked as fast as it could after so little sleep. What could be the reason for this? It could be only be the Count. But, how did he find me here? Well, I guess there is only one way to find out. Whatever this is, it must be important.

OOC: That is a great time reference. Thank you. :lol:
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

OOC: No prob. I am still here and reading up on it. I will be ready when it's time for me to get back in. Actually, it is convenient for now, as I'm quite busy in RL and don't have time for many posts here. :wink:

Post by Guest »

OOC: Okay Amber. Will give you a holler when it's your turn. ;)

IC:
Gavin was led by Amber's mother through halls and rooms to finally arrive in the kitchen. There a young man was sitting down, an apple in his hand. He had a short, lithe body, draped with the finest clothing in a golden yellow, to represent the Duke's staff. His long head was shaven bald and sported deep brown eyes and a flashing smile. In his other hand he held an envelope sealed with red wax.

"Master Tylvan, I assume? Count Von Bleibhier has sent me to deliver you this letter." he said, and held out the envelope to Gavin.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"Thank you. I must say I am impresed by Count's resourcefulness. I left this morning and you managed to deliver this note. Now, if you'll excuse me."
Gavin takes a look at the seal and breaks it taking care not to let any wax fall to the floor. He opens the letter and reads the contents carefully, trying not to let any emotions slip through.

Post by Guest »

The seal is nothing fancy, although Gavin can recognise the old Hafnean coat of arms on it. As the young man tries to read, he sees a lot of mumbo-jumbo squiggly lines on the paper, but has no idea what the contents of the letter are.

OOC: Don't you regret now that you didn't take the literacy skill at start of the game?

Return to “Dort Archive”