University of Magic - Entrance Thread

Moderator: Mods

Nicko

Post by Nicko »

The University of Magicks came into view when Nicko turned the corner. He was astounded by the sight of the large building, it was just amazing. He hadn't imagined that a building with that beauty would ever exist on Tazlure. The seventeen spires, he had counted them, seemed to climb into the sky and ended with a large goldlike globe.

He silently walked towards the square and crossed it, still looking at the University itself. He accidentally bumped into several people, forgetting to offer them his apologizes. He didn't even realize students were sitting and standing there.

He entered a hall after he went through a huge gate, which seemed to be able to stop everything that tried to get in if it had been closed. He looked around and saw great things. Art everywhere, he didn't have a liking to art but it looked right in this hall.

He noticed a man sitting behind a desk which seemed to be a reception desk. He walked towards it and cleared his throat. "Good day sir, I already found out this happened to be the University of Magicks, but is this the right place I can join the University?"
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Hello Elvin/Saskia,

I don't know exactly what Timestamp I had to put in my first post here.

But I think it will best if I started on the Samheen 7th.

Nicko
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC: sorry to have kept you waiting ! Samheen 7th is OK !

IC:
The man behind the desk looked up at Nicko "It sure is ! Please tell me your name, and place of birth. I also would like to know why you want to become a magic-user"
He took his pen to make notes, and waited for Nicko's answer
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Nicko stood there watching the man behind the desk, not exactly knowing what to answer to the why-question. "People call me Nicko, but I don't know my family's name. I was born in Dort, and that's all I know." He watched a moment for the man to write everything and make his notes and then he continued. "Why I want to be a magic-user is kind of a personal thing. Please don't ask for it." Then Nicko waited for the man to say his things and didn't know what was going to happen now.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: Saskia is on holiday and there went something wrong with the covering of her threads. I'll do a few tie-overs for you.

IC:
The man frowned and his eyes pinned Nicko to his place: "Please don't ask about it? You want to be thaugt and you will not tell us the reason why? You honoustly don't think that we let students enter without a valid reason? That would be like saying: come on everyone who wants to destroy something, come and learn!"
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Nicko looked at the stern man's face with a bit of arrogance in his look. He looked the man right into his eyes never flinching his eyes away. He waited a moment, still looking at the man.

At last he blinked one time and said with a low, calm voice. "Who thinks I want to destroy... something." The last word he said with a bit of sarcasm, not very recognizable in his loud whispers.

"My reason is... that I want to show my parents one last time, that i'm no crybaby anymore. It is a bit embarrassing. Thats why I don't speak like a dwarf who has drunk too much ale."

Of course that was not Nicko's real reason for joining the UofM. He thought revenge wouldn't be known as a good reason for joining the university.

But there was no need to teel the truth, joining was all that mattered now. Since he had been told many times by everybody that he was known as fine persuader, why not try it.

His tone was normal when he said a other 'made up' reason. "And I have always dreamed about learning magic and battling with it."
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

The man shook his head. "Don't people dream different things anymore? Everyone has the same dream." He sighed. "Ok, I'm gonna grant you provisional acces, but the battle general will have a talk with you lateron. And you better be prepared for that talk, because with what you're saying here, you'll be kicked out of his office faster than you can blink. You understand that?"
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Nicko blinked after the man stopped speaking and was relieved that he was still standing in the hall of the UofM.
Nicko's 'innocent' look turned into a grin in a moment and was thinking of what to do next.
A conversation with the battle general eh? hmm, that sounds serious if you ask me.
His grin faded when he turned to the man "Of course I understand that, sir. But what am I to do now?"
Quelthron Al'legos

quel

Post by Quelthron Al'legos »

Quelthron walked torwards the entry desk of the UOM awe inspired by the craftsmanship of the campus. Never in his 70 something years of life had he seen something so spectacular. Which was all the more reason to pursue his visions.

The High Elf walked up to the desk, eyeing the person behind it. "Who can I talk to, to get into the UOM?" his green eyes leveled themselves as if trying to discern truth from lies. As his light blue travel tunic, which covered all his body except for his lower calves, settled.
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Nicko had seen the man entering the UofM since he always kept his eyes on everything in his view, and tried to keep everything not in his view. The person was a little taller than Nicko, slender, but he did look strong.

The unknown man just walked between Nick and the man behind the desk, as if he didn't notice Nicko or the conversation between him and the desk-man. He started to speak and asked the most stupid question ever asked. But Nicko realized that he himself had asked that question too, about where to join the UofM.

He slowly walked towards the man and said, "I thought I was the one talking to this man. Well I was, until you opened your mouth." with a strong emphasis on the last line.
Quelthron Al'legos

let's get it on :)

Quelthron paused for a moment, almost as if it was a great burden for him to stop and pay attention to the human who was idly chattering. Looking down upon him, as any elf would he spoken slowly, clearly as an insult to the human's intelligence.

However his face was placid "In my 70 plus years of living amongst humans, it is typical of you to constantly try to maintain control of the situation." he turned his head a bit, as if hardly even looking at Nicko as if he was nothing. "It is even more typical for you to sit and chatter for your minds cannot do much beyond that, and before you know it you've chattered your entire life away. So I suggest you stand aside, and let someone who will life a much longer and happier life than you."

He shifted delicately, letting his cloak flap outward a bit to show his broadsword that dangled on his side, whether a threat or just coincidence was unknown. Elves where known for there arrogance but not there outright violence.

Without even allowing a counter-point he turns back and stares at the man behind the desk and waits for the answer, as if the human next to him didn't matter.

OOC: btw no offense- my character is really racists which makes things all the more interesting- like a love to hate relationship- you and me getting stuck in the woods suddenly lost we'd be at each others throats lol- *cackles madly til he falls over dead*
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

OOC: Welcome Quelthron, I'd love to have some player interaction again, so let's have some fun. You new here on Taz?

IC: Nicko was standing with his mouth wide open from amazement, and snapped it shut as soon as he realized he did. The man did look taller now, but his words... it was just confusing. He blinked at the words the man said, Nicko couldn't really follow the elf.

Nicko grabbed the man's shoulder and turned him around, to get him face in face with Nicko. "What the.. are you talking about?" The elf's words did seem to effect Nicko's words too. "What is this nonsense you are saying." Nicko thought the man had tried to insult him and well, you could say Nicko did like it.

"Maybe you elves live much longer, but about the happier and better life... I don't think so. Maybe I could end your life right here and right now. Then we will decide who lives the longer life.. and less painful." Nicko loved to say such things to people who thought he was a mindless worm, or a human in this way.

From the one moment to another, Nicko's face turned into a wide grin and made an attempt to shake the man's hand, "Now don't be angry, My name's Nicko. For what reason do you want to be taught the arts of magic?" Now we will see who is going to be the confused one, Nicko thought and waited for the man's reaction.
Quelthron Al'legos

hehe

The elf looked for the first time at the human, he glared into the blue eyes for but a moment. Til confusion bundled within him. His face was still stoic but the sudden change in disposition set him aback.

"I see typical human traits already." he rolled his eyes, his tone already hinting at grudging friendliness. "one minute your about to attack the next your reaching for my hand." which Quelthron had not completly taken away but gave a light grip to Nicko's hand. "Nicko?" the sounded the word out playing with it in his mouth. "another typically harsh human name. Quelthron, although most humans I come accross fin Quel much easier to pronounce."

"now human-" the bitterness came back into his tone, as if he remembered he was not an elf. "my reasons are my own but to indulge your mind , since your attention will be lost no doubt in only a few sentances and this conversation will no doubt be forgotten in two days, I want to join the university to become a Battle-mage such as my father did."

Quelthron found it foolish to speaking about such things with a human, they would have no idea of the centuries of true training one Elf must go through to gain such prestige.

OOC: yeppers I'm brand new!
Last edited by Quelthron Al'legos on Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

OOC: Hey Quelthron

Do you want me to post next, or wait until a mod replies? Because if we keep conversating with eachother (It's fun) but we should continue our story too. So... what do you say?
Quelthron Al'legos

OOC: its up to you- personally the way I see it we could just keep going until the mod posts- but it doesn't bother me, I can do it either way.
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Nicko gave a little smile at the man's face. It did satisfy him to see the man's eyes turn from a proud and confident look into a somewhat confused one.

But Nicko's smile vanished in an instance. The man was blabbering again, if only to Nicko did it seem blabbering. Nicko wondered why this elf knew Nicko's own language, human, better than he himself did. Nicko had met more elves and heard stories about elves, but they barely spoke other languages, and surely not this well.

"another typically harsh human name. Quelthron, although most humans I come accross fin Quel much easier to pronounce."

Nicko quickly looked at the man behind the desk for it must have been quite confusing for him too, to watch this whole thing. He turned back to Quelthron, he hoped he had heard his name right, in a moment and said, "Then I will call you Quelthron, if that is your real name. We 'stupid' humans know how to pronounce a name after all."

"now human-" the bitterness came back into his tone, as if he remembered he was not an elf. "my reasons are my own but to indulge your mind , since your attention will be lost no doubt in only a few sentances and this conversation will no doubt be forgotten in two days, I want to join the university to become a Battle-mage such as my father did."

"Well, thats good news. I'm joining the University of Magicks for becoming a battle-mage too. It's nice too have someone with I can measure my strenghts and weaknesses. If that's ok with you of course, or are you scared by a 'puny ignorant little human' now?"
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

OOC: Well I hope that some mod will check this thread and will show up with some modding. But I think we will have to be patient anyway, because of the mod-shortage that is forever-lasting;)
Quelthron Al'legos

Quelthron's eyes darted narrow, To think this beast an equal! unfathomable. He chuckled a soft hard chuckle. "Yes, I spose it would be nice to have someone like you in my class- to only make me look better."

This human is actually rather funny, hehe, atleast he knows how to break the ice with us elves. Quelthon mentally laughed again.

"Then if we are to be apart of the same school, I spose I should know where your from." He spoke quickly after his last comment, to insure that it was left uncontested and the subject to be placed upon, this human's origin, what was his name again? Niko? Nako? it doesn't matter, too much.
Quelthron Al'legos

OOC: alright- let's hope one does pick up- also do you know how this 'sync' thing works???

btw: my character works more with stream of conscious- which means, he could in italics be thinking what you said one thing and read your body language and interpret it as something else, if the italics are confusing- there probly supposed to be, since they are his inner thoughts, which means it can be past, present or him fantasizing about the future. )
Dugar O'Mara

Post by Dugar O'Mara »

After Dugar's conversation with Andolin he apologized to the dwarf innkeeper and rented a room in the Burpin Dragon for the night. Once there he practiced sleight of hand, with the deck of cards his brother had given him, before going to sleep. He woke up a few hours after sun-up and cleaned himself up before leaving for UoM.

Samheen 11th:
Once Dugar was through the gate he paused to look around. Sculptures, paintings... good thing I'm not here to learn humility. He noticed the grey haired man sitting behind the desk and proceeded to walk toward him. "Good morning sir, this is the University of Magic, correct?" he questioned, "I wish to apply".
Last edited by Dugar O'Mara on Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC: Welcome Dugar !

IC: The man at the desk nodded, and took a good long look at Dugar. After what seemed to be jahren, he finally spoke:
"So, you want to be a mage, don't you. Well, then you'd better tell me your name, age, place of birth, and most important, why you want to be a mage !"
He dipped his pen in the inkpot and took a new sheet of paper to write down Dugars answers.
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

Dugar O'Mara

Post by Dugar O'Mara »

Dugar gave the man a confused look. What makes him so sure I wish to be a mage? He bent over and spoke in a soft tone, "Sir, I wish to learn of mindcraft." Then paused as if waiting for confirmation, before sharing any more information.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC: You did nothing wrong, you just came to the wrong place :wink:

IC: The man behind the desk raised his eyebrows. "Well, in that case you have a lot to learn. Mindcraft isn't taught here. We're the University of Magics, we teach Magic, that's why we are called that way, you know." He shook his head at Dugar "Can't help you kiddo" He said "You'd better try your luck somewhere else, though I haven't heard of any mindcraft being taught in the Empire, you are in for a long journey I guess. Good luck !"

Dugar O'Mara

Post by Dugar O'Mara »

While straightening himself up Dugar thought, Only magic is taught at university of magic, oh that clears it up. Mindcraft must be a trade skill. Obviously disappointed he spoke, "Hrm, I see. I am sorry for wasting your time, sir." Dugar slowly turned around and lingered toward the exit. Not taught in the Empire... I'm not about to get on another boat, there's gotta be someone able to teach me in the Citadel, but where do I find them?

ooc: Yea, Maeve cleared that up for me. My character didn't seem to know that, and it's not something he'd ask around about so he had to show up and find out for himself.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC: No problem. It's very good not to mix IC and OOC knowledge. Good Luck :wink:

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”