Storm on the seven seas(Dort: Stormrunner)

Moderator: Mods

BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

The horse had walked up the bank while the two girls talked and nursed their wounds, both physical and emotional. When the girls joined it at the top, they had a much better view of their new, and no doubt hopefully short term, home. There was a small freshwater pond perhaps a hundred paces from them, surrounded by trees and grass. The horse was chewing on the latter.

Perhaps fifty feet away, forming a near perfect triangle from where they stood and the pond, was a scattering of fairly large rocks. It was hard to tell at this distance, but it was likely they could find a place that the two of them could call home.
Anarie Laezuriel

Post by Anarie Laezuriel »

OOC: it is still dark and still storming I presume.

IC:

ANARIE - ""Lomiodien, making sure that horse does not take off would be prevalent, I assume. I am going to see what in the blue blazes we can get to stay out of the rain.""

The half-high elf took her dagger from her sheath and started digging in the dirt with it around some of the smaller rocks. Picking them up she carried them over near the pond and slowly but surely started building a very makeshift wall. She spoke to her cousin slowly and still very cold. Maybe she had temporarily lost her sanity . . . if so she was handling the situation fairly well.

ANARIE - "I did not bring any blankets with me, had I known . . .""

She trailed off, laughing a little hysterically at the end of it.

ANARIE - ""I guess there are a lot of things I don't know. I bet the gods are laughing at me right now, even my dear Illuminatus. 'What an idiotic girl that Anarie, running away from home. Now look at her, a drowned rat on a wet rock.' Yes that is what they must be saying.""

What the two tone haired half-elf might mean by that could have been anyone's guess but there was enough information in that small and not entirely sane speech to gain some information . . .however little it may be.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio both heard and felt Anarie's tone in her words, and she felt a sharp pang of guilt and hurt as she thought of what had happened to them. If it hadn't been for her horse, she would have never fallen into the waves with Anarie, and her arm would not now be broken, and Anarie's feline friend would not be dead. Yet if they hadn't fallen, would they have perished on the rocks along with Captain Gilmur? If it wasn't for her horse, they would have drowned. If only she had left him at the inn. If only she hadn't insisted on bringing Gwiryan...oh, it was all so confusing and complicated.

She sat on a small rock and started to rip up pieces of cloth from the bottom of her sodden cloak, 'I'll be with you in a minute.' she called to Anarie, a little half-heartedly. She really had no desire to look the other elf in the face, she could imagine the look of accusation she'd receive. Anarie needed some time alone. She went across to the pool and rinsed the pieces of ripped cloth thoroughly in the water. Then, going back to her perch, she began to carefully wrap the strips around her broken arm, wincing slightly as she went, yet determined not to make a sound. She ripped a final piece and devised a make-shift sling.

Wearily, she got up and quickly went to check on Gwiryan. She patted and stroked him, checking for any damage, and then took off her cloak and threw it over him. She wouldn't let him freeze, no matter how much trouble he had caused. She looked up at her cousin on the rocks, sighed, and climbed up to help her with making their shelter, carefully avoiding eye-contact. She felt unbelievingly guilty, and could not imagine Anarie ever forgiving her.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Shortly after Anarie started to build the wall, it fell. Her work had not been in vain, however, for in moving the smaller rocks, she had uncovered a small cave, just big enough for the two of them to wait out the storm, which appeared to have diminished a bit, perhaps pacified by the sacrifice of the ship and the sailor's lives.

The horse nuzzled up against Mio, perhaps seeking forgiveness for the trouble it had caused. Its coat was soaked, and its main hung heavy on its neck. It tossed its head, sending a spray of water onto Mio, but the effort was in vain, for the rain soaked it anew moments later.
Anarie Laezuriel

The half high-elf grinned like an imp when her wall fell. "Well there is that then, shall we try again then? No? well alright I can . . ." She seemed to be talking to herself until she spotted the cave. "Ooooh a burrow? Shall we look inside? Okay then let's go." It was unclear wether Anarie was talking to herself or Lomiodien but she motioned the wood elf to follow her. She did not really need to however with that horse there, nudging his mistress forward.

Anarie sat in the dirt at the bottom of the shallow hole riffling through her back pack until she located her flint rocks. She raised them high in her palm victoriously. "Ah ha! We will have to let them dry of course, but soon we won't be cold or wet anymore." Her insane smile was replaced shortly by a deeply saddened look. "I am so very cold . . ." Anarie let her voice drift away into nothingness before smiling that wide imp's grin again. "Come come, sit here, it is dirt but dry dirt." The half high-elf patted a spot next to her motioning Lomiodien to sit there. Her patting produced a little dust cloud but she seemed not to notice.

OOC: did not think the little dust cloud would be a breach of the rules.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio smiled slightly at Gwiryan's attention, and laughed aloud when he shook his mane, covering her in MORE water. She stroke his nose in forgiveness and allowed him to push her into the cave. It was cold, but it was dry, and soon, hopefully, warm. She sat next to Anarie in the dirt, glad that her cousins tone of voice was no longer cold. Even if she was hardly talking TO her, at least she was talking AT her. But Mio hardly had the energy to talk, and she was pleased that they were no longer out in the rain. In an effort to keep herself awake, she took off the strap holding her sword and unsheathed it. It was wet, like everything else, but otherwise no worse for wear. The leather straps had left raw patches on her shoulders, but she ignored them and laid the sword on the floor, wiping it with one damp sleeve in attempt to make it drier. Her sodden wavy locks fell in front of her face, dripping on her work. She pushed them impatiently aside and went back to her polishing, her broken arm resting in her lap.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie watched her cousin dry her weapons but made no move to dry her own. She instead took a hair ribbon out of her backpack and scooched closer to Lomiodien. "Here let me get that." She took the Wood Elf's brown hair in her dainty hands and braided it in a single wet braid in the back, tying the end with a blue equally wet ribbon. "There" The Half-High Elf beamed proudly. "We need something to make a fire with, after it stops raining wanna help me look for stuff?" she asked her cousin in Elvish.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

OOC: No, the dust cloud was fine. Little things like that are generally acceptable. Describing things the gm has already added is fine, so long as they don't vastly differ from what the gm intended. controlling any npc directly is, with few exceptions, not allowed. Sometimes the gm will actually add a ooc note that you can control x npc for this or that task.

IC: The horse remained standing, just outside the cave, after his mistress was inside it. The storm had passed, for the most part, leaving only a light drizzle behind. The cloud cover passed for a moment, and the moon appeared above the horizon. It was late, likely gravetide. The end of a day both girls surely wished to forget, but was it the end, or the beginning of a new day to be forgotten. Time kept that secret safe... For now.

Post by Guest »

Mio smiled at Anarie when she had braided her hair for her, 'Thank you,' she croaked, her throat dry and sore from the sea water. She cleared her throat and spoke again, 'Sure. I'll help.' she glanced outside their little cave, 'the rain's almost stopped, we'll be able to out soon.'
Anarie Laezuriel

The half-elven bard was more than happy to do something other than mope. It seemed like she had been moping forever and for a few moments in time had even lost touch with reality. Since she had asked Illuminatus for forgiveness and his protection she had calmed down extremely and was back on her two feet again.

Anarie walked outside the small cave and sauntered up to the biggest tree and ,to what would most probably bring Lomiodien a little giggle, spoke to it. "What do you say big fella? Care to lend me some of your leaves . . . I swear it won't hurt a bit." She grinned, her voice sounding even more jovial when spoken in musical Elvish.

The half high-elf proceeded to climb the tree's rough surface and swung herself up onto a branch taking out her dagger to slice away at a large leaf.

OOC: Are these OUR version of palm's or no?

Post by Guest »

Mio did laugh at Anarie's comical conversation with the tree, 'oh, I don't suppose he'd mind,' she said, grinning, 'watch that he doesn't chuck you off his branches though! I've heard that trees can be fussy types.' She walked over to the tree and stood under where Anarie was sat on the branch, slicing off leaves with her dagger. 'Throw them down here!' she called up, 'then you'll have more hands to cut them with!' She held out her arms, ready for falling bits of tree.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

OOC: Ya, regular palm trees.

IC: The tree was slippery from the storm, but, after a few false starts, Ana managed to climb the tree. The leaves were large and waxy, with beads of water clinging to them. Her dagger sliced through them with ease.

After colecting several leaves, the wind picked up briefly, making the tree wave. Ana managed to stay in the tree, but her dagger fell, landing a foot in front of Mio.
Anarie Laezuriel

The half high-elf was afraid her puny obsidian dagger would get Wood Elf in the foot but she did not hear any yells of pain from her perch in the tree. She sat on a fairly thick branch and leaned like she was going to fall off but held onto the tree by the backs of her folded knees.

Anarie swung down, hanging bottom side up and grinned at her elf cousin. "Hey Mo whadda ya know?" She giggled at that, most likely appearing quite silly in her upside down state. "We have enough leaves you think?"

Post by Guest »

Mio only saw a flash of bright metal as the dagger flew past her and landed home in the grass. She balanced the leaves Anarie had thrown down on her broken arm and bent to pull the dagger out the earth. She straightened and held it up to her face, wiping off the mud with her thumb. 'That's a nice blade.' she said to Anarie, holding it up for Anarie to take back from her, and grinning when she saw her friend hanging upside down with a gleeful look on her face, 'I reckon we have enough leaves. Shall we go back to our lodgings, o' happy bat friend?' She bowed gracefully to Anarie, grinning, and gathered the leaves into her good arm. She tilted her head so that she was almost level with Anarie, 'I would join you, but I can't climb trees with one arm,' she straightened and smiled, 'and I prefer to have my feet firmly on the ground.'
Anarie Laezuriel

The half high-elf was not sure how to get back up now that she was down. That seemed to be a constant problem for the young elf-ess. **"Fa Iblith!" she griped irritated at her in ability to pull herself back up. Anarie bent her waist and used her abdomen muscles to bend upwards finally grabbing a hold of the tree branch and slowly (not to mention gruntingly) pulled herself back up.

When she had gained her seating she wiped a hand against her pale forehead. **"Lava lye no'a lle tanya au'" She grinned down at the Wood Elf. In a flash she jumped from the branch hitting the sand with a "Oomph!" She stood a little shakily and then did a silly mock bow. "Ta da! Anarie Laezuriel stunt-lady extraordinaire!"

Anarie looked up at the sky, glad to see that the rain clouds had dispersed but she still looked forward to morning. Things always seemed to look better when the sun shone upon them. "Bat am I? Well alright . . . gimpy . . . let's go get us a fire!" She giggled and ran for the cave, her lithe legs taking long strides. Somehow her legs had taken one stride to many for the **Earendil seemed to trip over her own feet and she hit the sand on her butt. "Oowie!"

OOC: Elven translation's
** 1 Oh shit!
** 2 Let us not do that again.
** 3 Half-Elf

Post by Guest »

'Gimpy?!' Mio said grinning at Anarie's awkward descent from the tree, 'Moi? hmph.' She started to follow her friend towards the cave, saw her trip, shouted, 'Tira ten' rashwe!**', and then watched as Anarie plummeted gracefully onto the sand, landing neatly on her backside. She stood for a moment, not knowing what to think of the disgruntled looking form before her, and then slowly a grin spread across her face and she found herself doubled over in laughter, whooping and gasping until she too, was on the floor, hicupping with mirth. After a couple of minutes, she looked up at her friend, and wiped tears of laughter from her eyes, 'Who did you say was Gimpy?' she asked, a twinkle shining in her hazel eyes as she carried on giggling uncontrollably 'I think you've been speared on your own sword my friend!'

** Look out!
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie herself was laughing which sounded pleasantly like the tinkling of bells and rubbing her sore rear end. She arched her left eyebrow when her cousin hinted that Anarie was the gimpy one. **"Auta miqula orqu !" she said in Elvish laughing, to which she also stuck her tongue out before propping herself up on her elbows and finally standing. "Let us get those leaves inside and light them before anything else happens to you or me."

When the half high-elf was inside she dumped the contents of her pack on the ground until she located her two flint rocks again and sat with her legs curled under themselves.

OOC: Elvish translations.

** Go kiss an orc!

Post by Guest »

Mio stopped laughing and her jaw dropped open in surprise, 'You know,' she said, a smile lingering around her mouth, 'If it was anyone else saying that I'd be offended,' the smile was now in full bloom, 'but it's not, so I'll just have to return the compliment.' she stood up and suddenly realised how tired she still felt, 'Later. When I have the energy.' She obediently followed Anarie inside and plonked herself neatly on the floor beside her friend, 'Now then,' she said conversationally, 'what can I do to help?'
Last edited by Guest on Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie waved away Lomiodien's comment at being offended. She already knew that she hadn't. A lock of gold streaked brown hair fell in her face and was tickling her eyelid. She blew air up from her imp's mouth and blew the hair out of her face. The Half High-Elf smiled at Lomiodien kindly before making a very sweet comment.

"It is nice that I am here with a friend instead of alone and I am ever so glad that friend is you." She smiled even wider if such a thing was possible before starting to pile the fan like leaves on top of each other forming a little heap. "Just pile them together like this . . . and we get them so they are in somewhat of an order I have some flint rocks to lite them." Anarie spoke in Elvish.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio smiled warmly at Anarie and did as she said. After a few moments, she stopped and looked up at her friend, wondering how to phrase her next comment, 'You know,' she said slowly, 'I've never thanked you. For my life.' She looked down at her lap, feeling that she should have chosen her words more carefully, 'So I suppose.... well, thank you. I would have drowned if you hadn't jumped in after me. And, well, I am in debt to you. Cousin.' She hoped that Anarie would accept her apology. She felt that it was her fault that they were stuck here. She just wanted to let Anarie know that she would get them off this place, no matter what. She stared uncomfortably at her hands, wishing her friend would say something.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie smiles at her friend. "You are welcome Lomiodien." She stops smiling and attempts to look serious. "Come on now, before we freeze to death!" She starts bunching the leaves together more and takes her two flint rocks. "Here is to hoping!" she exclaims as she kisses the flint rocks for good luck and smacks them together hard. She repeats this action close to one of the leaves at the top of the pile.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

The breath that Mio had been holding was released suddenly at the sight of Anarie's smile. Her guilt lifted slightly, and she found herself smiling back at her friend in relief. She laughed, 'To hoping!' she replied cheerfully, and watched in anticipation as the two flint rocks cracked together over their little pile of leaves.
Anarie Laezuriel

OOC: we are waiting for you Pup. But I know it is the holiday's so I promise not to harass you until after Christmas. Candy cane? 8)
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Btw, I had thought you were getting the leaves for bedding. Green leaves don't burn well, and dry leaves would be gone very quickly. You might want to try driftwood. It burns fast too, but is easy to light. You also might find a large log with some broken driftwood under it, sheltered from the rain.

IC: Wherever the sparks landed, the leaves darkened, but they didn't light. They were waxy, so the rainwater didn't stay on them, but they held too much water within them.

Meanwhile, the rain had stopped completely. The moon showed clearly through the remnants of clouds, and the two elven girls could see clearly. The sea, off in the distance, was still rough, but there was no really large waves, like the ones that had shook the ship. A large shadow rested on the beach a ways from where they had landed, but the distance was too great to see what it was.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie looked somewhat dissapointed but still had her get up and go it seemed. "Well maybe they are too wet?" She looked to Lómiodien as if for an answer while her own sharp little mind was already processing one.

She seemed to remember the one fire she had ever made. It was with her father. The one time that the only thing Anarie had to be was a daughter. They were camped outside their manor star searching and her and her father had made a small campfire to sit by until they were ready for sleep. It had required something to burn and flint rocks.

Anarie and Lómiodien now had the thing to burn (leaves) and the flint rocks. So what was wrong? Was there something else? The half high-elf searched back in the pages of her internal biography for some part of those bits of memory. There was something . . . something . . . sitting on the tip of her tongue. Frustrated she finally gave up hoping it would come to her on its own. "Blast! I wish I was not so . . . so . . . domesticated! She realised that was probably not the right choice of words but once it was out it was out.

The slender young elf walked out of the small hovel frustrated and kicked at the turf with her now dry water-proofed boots. Her aquamarine eyes were nearly glowing with reflection from the moonlight giving them an etherial-like quality. Right now they were un-focused, just brimming with a small amount of defeat. That emotion ebbed away, however, like the tides of the sea ebbed from the shore. The shore! as soon as Anarie's sight became more focused she spotted something down by the shore and slowly jogged towards it.

Return to “On the Water Archive”