Ye Ol' Tavern

Moderator: Mods

Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Post by Guenhwyfar »

Guen merely chuckled. "Of course I care! After all, what good is it to surround myself with pretty things for my amusement if some of them end up being not so pretty anymore?"

As Raven pulled her in and kissed her, she drew back and looked at him with an expression of mock horror. "Why, Captain Darkheart! Now that's no way to treat a lady!" she said, then leaned down and kissed him herself, long and lingeringly. "<i>That's</i> how to treat a lady," she added, a mischevious half-smile on her face as she looked at him. She did not turn to see the Than's reaction, but could well imagine his feeling at having the woman who had just a short while ago been ensconced on his lap with Raven.
<i><small>She's not quite as nice as She looks, nor you quite as tough as you think.
--W.H. Auden, "Circe"</small></i>
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: testing a bug
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Raven Darkheart
Captain

Post by Raven Darkheart »

Raven groaned appreciatively and murmurred to her lips "It seems as if I need much more tutoring on the subject of treating leadies. May take all eveningtide but it would be for a worthy cause."

His fingers toyed with a strand of her hair, and he brought it to his nose to smell the tendril. With a pang of regret he thought about the moment he would wake up, hugging his pillow, before banishing any such depressing thoughts and nibbling on Guens lips once again. The Than was forgotten, as was his mug of rum.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

"I had him RIGHT where I wanted him," Raevyn shouted as as soon as she had realized what had just transpired. Even if fighting a dead pirate was something that she couldn't have possibly pulled off, she wasn't going to let anyone else know that. With Pitr gone, this let Raevyn focus on her next objective, the woman who had flung a dagger at her.

Raevyn gathered herself together and walked over to where her dagger was flung. In a blink of an eye she pulled it out of the floor, twirled it, and safely resheathed it. Another fight could easily break out with her Raevyn thought, but what would that prove?

"I like you, your are brazen, much like myself," the long haired dark elf said to the woman. "I like how you handle your blades too. Where did you learn?"
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

At the young womans smile, and words, Rhoddin smiled in return. "Indeed, there are much worse places to be," as he drained his beer, and threw back the whiskey shot, before ordering a second round for himself as well.

"Tell me fair lady, what would you do in this here tavern, other than drink and watch rowdys fight, a dance perhaps, or maybe some gaming? Name your vice, and I will talk to yonder bald barkeep," and he indicated the recently arrived Grant, "And see what we can arrange."
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Maeve grinned at the Thane, who suddenly noticed two crowns disappearing from his hands to her pockets. Strange things do happen in dreams. "Thank you muchly laddie, " she chuckled, "If ya be wantin' anything be sure to call on me." With a light step she made her round through her bar.

With a smile she served Rhoddin with some fine Islay whiskey, then went on to thwap the brownies on their head "Now how many times do I 'ave to tell ya... no cheatin' !"
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

A slow smile crept across the young mans face, "Why thank you knind lady, I had hardly expected sure good Isley whiskey, but I am always pleased to accept such hospitality."

And for no apparent reason, I mean it was a dream, he leaned across and gave Maeve a kiss on the cheek in thanks for his fine whiskey.

Post by Guest »

Lyssa looked thoughtful for a moment. "I enjoy dancing..."

She paused as the female bartender came over and set down his drink, and just watched their interaction. She looked around the bar a little.

"That's all I really know to do to pass the time besides listening to old stories." She said lightly.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"Well, I dance, and I tell stories, how about we dance, and I'll tell you a story, that'll get you two out of two."

Rhoddin turned back towards the bar, and hollered to whichever bar keep was listerning at the time, "Hey there, can we have some music, we wanna dance."
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Grant looked up at the pair suddenly, embarrassed that he did not notice the request at first. "Ah...pardon, pardon. Music, you say? Aye, I can...lemme see..." he mutters, scratching his bald pate with one hand while flipping forward in his tome with the other. Finding a passage that seemed to please him, he read:

"The crowds to command?
Sweet sound on demand?
How could I withstand,
but to strike up the band?
"

The door of the tavern burst open and a quartet entered, all brightly dressed and perhaps somewhat in drink already. With them they brought instruments, one for each troubadour, including a deep Cornamuse, a bright and lively fife, and rich and broad lute and a strong, sudden drum. They moved to a corner of the taproom and seated themselves, their slightly intoxicated faces somewhat confused by their sudden surroundings, and they played...

All at once, the taproom was filled with the light, rambunctious sounds of the band. "There ya go, lad..." muttered Grant, nodding towards the spectreal troupe. "If'n ya wanna change the beat, just let 'em know..."
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai searched through is long black coat to make sure he didn't hide anything that even he would forget. But in the end he found nothing.

He entered the tavern with his hair silvery hair almost a glow from the lights.

He laughed with all his heart, "This place is so simple." The dark elf realzied that perhaps he wasn't as decent as he should be.

He looked at the sprites serving drinks, his eyes following them, almost twinkling, but can you expect a dark elfves near pitch eyes to twinkle.

"Hey, sprites, could I have a drink. Little--sprite--drink...hmm."

"Well," the dark elf said leaning against a table, "this place wouldn't seem to so bad if I could get something tasty to drink."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The young man grinned at the barkeep, "Why thank you good sir, it is indeed a fine band."

He turned to Lyssa, and offering her his hand, "So my lady, would you care to dance? It seems some music has arrived."

Post by Guest »

(I hate computers sometimes, mine was down again, this time it took longer to get the part, so that's why I've not been around)

"Yes, and it arrived in a most interesting way." She smiled and chuckled lightly.

Lyssa rose, adjusted her skirt and took Rhoddin's hand. As they walked to the dance floor, she smiled and heard the beat in her head. She allowed herself to relax and enjoy the moment, a foot tapping.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Placing one hand in the small of Lyssa's back, and taking her hand with his free hand, the young bard whirled them away in a swirling dance to the tempo of the band summoned by the friendly bar keep.

"It is nice to dance again, it seems an age since I last had the opportunity," a smile split the young mans face as he allowed his feet to move with the music, leading his partner in a sprightly dance.

Post by Guest »

Lyssa smiles, feet moving lightly on the floor as she dances, curls slightly bouncing against her face. "This is a lot of fun. I honestly don't remember the last time I danced, though I think it was with relatives at a marriage."

She rests a hand on his shoulder, and over his other arm, that hand holding her dress off the floor. She keeps the tempo of the music, face flushing slightly as the dance goes on.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As the first song finished, a second started, somewhat slower and more regal than the first. The young man changed his tempo, but not his partner, and continued the dance, a bit slower, and a bit closer to Lyssa now as they moved to a slower tune.

"It's odd you know, that we should be dancing here. I mean I'm almost certain I'm dreaming, somewhere, somehow, but here I am dancing.

"And yet, for all of that I'm not surprised, or depressed or confused. The gods have a strange sense of humour at times. Still this is far more pleasant that fighting orcs, or calming frantic horses, or escaping fell creatures intent on my destruction." A smile crossed his young face, and green eyes lit up as it did so.

"Instead I get to dance with a beautiful girl. with golden hair, truely the gods have a sense of humour."

Post by Guest »

Lyssa relaxes as the music slows. She releases her dress and rests her freed hand on his shoulder. She smiles and gives a small chuckle.

"If you're right, and this is merely a dream, I hope we meet in the waking world. On the other hand, if this is a misfired spell, as my friends of late are apt to do, for once they will hear no complaint from me. Either ay this is the most pleasant time I have had in a while, and well worth it."

She rests her head on him as they dance, hiding the slight blush that has spread across her cheeks.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"Magic!" At the mention of magic, the young mans eyes opened wider, and his grip on Lyssa's hand tightened.

"I've seen more magic in the last few days than I knew existed in the world." A cloud crossed his sparkling green eyes at the mention of magic.

"Do you use magic? Or is it just your friends?"

Post by Guest »

"I know no magic, I have...fallen into the company of some who are capable of using it though. Two of them in particular. A misfired spell was how we met in the first place actually. I have no idea if I would want to learn magic anyway, seeing how easy it is for it to mess up."

She looks up at Rhoddin again. "I hadn't had any experience with it before really. I hope I didn't disturb you too much by what I said though."

Entrance to the tavern

Post by Guest »

It had been a long journey that she had ridden upon her galliant steed. Both were they wearied and cold. They had been runing from something in the darkness of the forest beyond, but she knew not what it was for it has slipped her mind. When Aeredelle cought a glimpse of the lingering yellow light from within the buulding, she rode up to the entrance courtyard. Her sword had remained sheathed at her waist.
<p>
Aeredelle dismounted the steed which she tamed herself. Softly, she caressed the mighty nape of the horse. "Hello Sir. I wish to enter this tavern." Aeredelle spoke in soft words, kindly and warm. She wished to mayhap meet a potential friend. She looked o'er at the growing pile of different weapons, and grasped her sword's hilt, feeling a bit resistant to possibly leave it outside. With her other hand, she put a golden lock back into place behind her slender back.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The young man looked down into Lyssa's eyes, a gentle smile playing across his lips, and his green eyes twinkling in the low light, "Oh you didn't disturb me sweet lady, other than the disturbance your beauty would cause any man.

"I was simply wondering whether you might be able to share your experiences. It seems I have more need to use magic than I had ever thought I would, and I find myself somewhat bereft of the skills I find I need.

"But no matter, I find this to be far more pleasing than learning about magic things, even if the prince needs my assistance. I guess it can wait." And a soft sigh passed his lips, and he held Alyssa a bit tighter to him, as if not wihing to let her leave his firm, but gentle grasp.

Post by Guest »

"I really am not sure what I could tell you that would be of help." She spoke quickly to try to regain composure instead of blushing, which she felt creeping up her neck. "I was one place one minute, eating in a tavern actually, and the next, I was in the basement of a home. Well, I think it's a home, it certainly looks like one."

She smiles and allows him to hold her tighter, her eyes sparkling in the light. "THe person who did it, he turned out nice enough, just a bit...clumsy I guess. He seems to miscast spells often."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The young man was humming softly to the tune, his chest gewntly vibrating ot the sound of the music as Lyssa spoke of her experiences with magic. At her comments about clumsy magic users, his eyebrow cocked in an exporession of surprise.

"Clumsy aye, well I guess that's one way to describe it. My experiences have generally been less, um, forgiving than that," and for just a flicker, a dark cloud crossed those sparkling eyes, and something else shoed through, maybe fear, or anger, or sorrow, or maybe all three emotions mingled together, but the cloud passed quickly, and the lively green eyes that Lyssa had seen most of the evening returned.

"Well, enough of magic then. Tell me of your home, where you come from. Are all the ladies there as stunning as you? If so, I have some companions who would enjoy the chance to visit such a place."

Post by Guest »

"My village is a farming one. My family themselves raised cattle. I did have a couple cousins there who looked a little like me, though they had brown hair. When I left they were still unattached."

With a smile she rested her head on his chest, relaxed. "I don't know if you'd consider the other women of my home beautiful, I never really thought about it before."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The feel of her head on his chest made his breath catch in his throat, and his reply was a little huskier than it might normally have been. Well, if they're anything like you dear lady, they would indeed be beautiful.

"I come from a farm too, although my da raised sheep, and some crops, mainly barley. Small village a few days ride from Kings Court," he had recovered his equilibrium again before continuing.

"Why'd you leave home? Me I wanted to see the world, and experience something other than shearing and raising sheep, and harvesting grain." There was no bitterness in his voice, just a desire for something different.

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”