Ye Ol' Tavern

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Lyssa smiled at the man who joined her at the bar. "Sure, nobody's sitting there. It is really busy, but not in a bad way."

She was actually surprised at the lack of disagreements and drunken fights, but pleasantly so. She supposed that if a fight were to break out it still wouldn't be too serious, the weapons remaining at the door would see to that.

Her gaze returned to the man who sat next to her. "Yes, you can pay for the drink, it is very nice of you to offer. I'm Lyssa, and I am faring rather well this evening."

She smiled at him again, half turning in her seat in his direction.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Suddenly, the door flung wide open and a young beautiful women somersaulted inside the tavern. Her dress was a very colorful pinkish ultra- miniskirt clothes, boots and her face were elegantly rouged. She was blonde and sporting a very wide smile and carrying a pair of stripped magenta and white papers all bundled up to form some sort of swishing, miniature broom.

She quickly posed herself before the tavern stage and cried out,
"I am from the University of Magic!" Fauna Winthrope cried happily. "Please hear my announcement!"

"Ready? Ok!" She intoned gleefully, doing a strange gesuring routine.

"Who's got the spirit?" Fauna cried passionately as she waved her pom-poms and clapped thrice.

"I got the spirit!" She replied at the same time, doing a flip up agile move of twisted cartwheel!

"erm... Give me an... erm... give me... erm... Spell U.O.M!"

And she cheered happily, sommersaulting and kicking her legs high up in the air...

"Please vote for Fauna!" The young blonde mage cried again as she waved the pompoms she carried.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Things could not be better. Surrounded by the finest of people, with a randy, affectionate barmaid on his knee and four new bottles of rum placed before him as he had ordered, Pitr began to believe that the Gods had been kind and given him this afterlife. And then came the women, blaring out their school spirit. Certainly, Pitr Nash was not ignorant of their charms...much like the waitress and the pirate woman before him, he had already imagined them naked...but something had to be done about their silly, unwelcome display.

...and just like that, Pitr Nash was angry.

Fuck me. Pushing the barmaid up from his lap, Pitr rose from his seat and knuckled his forehead to both Raven and Guenhwyfar. "Beggin' yer pardons, Cap'ns...somethin' must be done aboot this. And Cap'n Darkheart...pardon me alcohol abuse yet again..." he said. Turning to Tavren, he nodded. "Be a good mate, would ya, and fetch yer ol' buddy a torch er lamp er whatever you might find?" he asked, gathering up the rum he had ordered and stepping away.

Moving towards the cheering section with deadly intent, Pitr flung the first bottle to the floor among them. "Yer mistaken, me darlins! I've got the spirits right 'ere..." he shouted, grabbing another bottle to toss right after the first. "...an be it cheerin', fightin', er holdin' a lady, Pitr Nash will NOT be lead! Harhar har!"
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Fauna was taken aback with the advancing figure right before her. He was drunk (or so she figured) or he was just... Plain mean.

"Oh my god! It's a pirate!" The young mage exclaimed. "But I thought all pirates look like Captain Sparrow or something..." She whispered loudly, "This one is so totally... like so totally... Like whatever!"

"I must do something!"

And just that, with a feline grace that are innate to cheer leaders, Fauna dashed and took a hold of a chair and exclaimed loudly to the man...

"You like pain?... Try wearing... erm... wearing..." She paused, wondering what the next line would be. "Try wearing an ultra-fitted miniskirt!" And she tried to swing the chair right at the mean pirate.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Goldentree just sat there and drank, and drank but finally got tired by doing so, he was about to give out and walk out from the inn when the cheer leaders (cheerleaders? how does he know that funny name?) came, putting on quite a show!

When one of them, a blonde one and really attracted one started a fight with some shadowy pirate Goldentree rushed to her aid, feeling that he need to help to this little beautiful thing. He was too late, she lifted a chair and was ready to throw it, but in mid air he managed to catch it and to put it back on the ground, "Now now lady, you shouldn't feel you pretty head with angry thoughts! I will DEAL with him!"
Tavren

Post by Tavren »

Tavren hesitated, raising his eyebrows. "Surely you don't intend to singe those fine specimens?", he exclaimed.

At first the rogue chuckled as the cheerleaders scurried about, frightened by the visage of Pitr the Anti-Depp, but when the lead blonde started swinging a chair abou twith reckless abandon, Tavren decided to intervene.

Moving forward quickly he decided on a course of action. The best way to calm someone down, he reasoned, was to give in to their demands. With this thought in mind, he raised his hands and said, "Ok, ok! I'll try it!", making a grab for Fauna's very colorful pinkish ultra-fitted miniskirt.

(if successful) Tavren wiggled his way into the tight fitting garment. With a completely serious expression, he looked at Fauna. "I have a new respect for you and your kind."
Baldwin You'san

Hmm

Post by Baldwin You'san »

Turning back to the pixie, he stepped back, ' Ahh...Umm...Err..S-Sure' He forced a smile, he turned looking at the other people who seemed at ease with all this, shrugging his indifference away, he watched the brownies, and smiled, ' You wouldn't mind me playing? '
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Rhoddin smiled, and his eyes twinkled, "Lyssa, what a truely delightful name. If may, where do you hail from fair Lyssa, I myself come from a few days ride from Kings Court, in the Western Realm, although of late I have inhabited Dragons Keep on the edge of Terra Incognita."

Taking a pull of his beer which had just been delivered, "I would like to be a bard, although it seems I spend as much time swinging a sword as singing theses days." Digging around in his pockets, he handed the correct change to the bar keep for his beer and whiskey and Lyssa's wine, funny how the exact change came out in his hand first time.
Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Post by Guenhwyfar »

Guen merely inclined her head regally as Raven kissed her hand, then, in a supremely unladylike and uncourtly behavior, sat down and slung her boots onto the table, drinking her ale and giving Pitr and Tavren appraising looks.

At Tavren's comment about breakfast, she arched an eyebrow and replied "and what if I speak at your funeral?" before her attention was drawn away by the girls with... what were those things, anyway? She wasn't sure what was going on, exactly, but she certainly thought that Pitr's response was the correct one, so she sat quietly and watched, her face impassive as usual.
<i><small>She's not quite as nice as She looks, nor you quite as tough as you think.
--W.H. Auden, "Circe"</small></i>
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: *coughs and points to the Q&A thread* Fauna, no creating of NPC's or non-setting items. Goldentree, stop determining the outcome of your actions.

IC: A helpful pixie handed Pitr a large torch, and the spirits that had covered the miniskirted cheerleaders that really had no existance in Tazlure at all, caught flame. A big firey explosion left only a bit of dust in the breeze, and a lot of sooth on Pitr's face, leaving his hair standing up. Fauna was left standing in her chemise, and Tavern's clothing was slowly smouldering where once something short and pink had been wrapped. Meanwhile Goldentree found himself flat on his face on the Tavern floor, having slipped over the spirits on the floor.

Maeve stood glaring down on Raven, tapping her foot while she awaited his answer "Well.. why did you show up here after leaving me to rot yahren ago?"
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

OOC: Okay, Okay, sorry... :oops:

IC: Goldentree felt really, REALLY ill, the world was moving around him and he had the biggest headache he ever had. This was a bad idea he said to himself, I'll never touch alcohol again!.

He tried to sit, but a wave of nausea hit him and he felt sick again. From the back of his head he heard the voice that told him he was careless and hasty.

He knew he couldn't be there for a long time and looked for someone to help him to get up...
Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Post by Guenhwyfar »

Guen watched the confrontation between Raven and the redhead with some amusement. For some reason she found herself feeling much more relaxed than usual. "Yes, Raven," she echoed teasingly, enjoying his discomforture. "Why <i>did</i> you do such a thing?"

Her drink seemed to be empty, and she summoned for a refill. Hardly distracted by the heaving bosoms that seemed to accompany the ale, she kept her attention on Raven and Maeve.
Last edited by Guenhwyfar on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<i><small>She's not quite as nice as She looks, nor you quite as tough as you think.
Raven Darkheart
Captain

Post by Raven Darkheart »

Raven had been somewhat stunned by developments, trying to decide if slamming a dead pirate to the ground was fair play. Fortunately the lout ran off to set some funny girls on fire so he did not have to think up a repartee yet. Nobility indeed.. this lovely redhead didn't think so.

"Maeve, my delicious dragonlady," Raven said as he put his hand to his cheek, which was slowly reddening, grinning sheepisly at the furious barowner "How can you say that I abondoned you? I merely protected you from a life of misery aboard the Lady Rose. The pirate's life is not for you."

The darkhaired rogue's face lit up with an innocent look as he exclaimed "Why, it could be said I saved you when I gave you into the care of the Duke's steward." He grinned, baring his white teeth again "Now come here and give me a kiss, you know you want to."
Tavren

Post by Tavren »

Tavren stopped, Tavren dropped, and Tavren rolled until he ceased to smolder. Rising and dusting himself off, he turned to give Guen a smile and a shrug. Some women have no sense of humor, he mused to himself with a chuckle. That's how I always introduce myself.

Ordering a glass of wine from a passing pixie, he shook his head sadly at the dissapearance of the strange troupe of nymphs. Well at least the aggressive blonde had been reduced to her underthings he considered, brightening. Glancing about, he searched for a dance partner. His feet felt enchanted on this strange night.
Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

blink.

The soot-covered, crease-streaked face of Pitr Nash stared at the remains of his efforts with wide-eyed surprise and amazement. His mouth was set in a small 'o', and his arms hung loosely down to his sides as the smell of ash and burning alcohol slowly faded from the air. All at once, his ash-darkened face broke into a broad, toothy grin, the white of his jagged teeth shining out into the room in sharp contrast to his countenance.

Turning briefly to Fauna, he handed her the extinguished remains of the torch, a small tail of smoke still trailing behind it. "'ere ya go, luv..." he said, his eyes glancing down at her underclothes with some amusement. "If it's a nice pi'rate yer lookin for, give that'un a try..." he said, nodding towards Tavren. "An don't you listen when 'e says he ain't no pirate. Aye, ol'Tavren, 'es a pirate through an through..."

Withdrawing from the fire-darkened area of the tavern, Pitr rubbed at his eyes furiously, clearing off light circles under an otherwise dusky, dark face, a comedic appearance that was heightened his standing hair as well. Returning to his seat, he lifted his remaining bottle of rum and sloshed a mouthful home, wiping his mouth with the back of his sleeve to leave yet another clean spot on his otherwise dark complexion. He tried to follow the conversation already in progress, but the ringing in his ears made such a task very difficult, and instead he merely shrugged towards Guenhwyfar as he fished through his many pockets for a handkerchief.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Maeve picked up a mug of ale and emptied it in Raven's lap, throwing the mug after it. With a snort she stalked off, hurrying towards Pitr "Poor man," she worried and took his handkerchief to polish off the soot as pressed herself close "I bet you need another drink."
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Pitr couldn't hear the words that were exchanged anymore than he could read lips or interpret body language, so he was largely in the dark about Raven's and Maeve's conversation while his hearing slowly returned. He tried to determine how the exchange would play out, curious if the girl would strike the pirate Captain yet again. It seemed to Pitr as if the Captain's words had at least partially mollified the waitress, and they might...

Dump.

"AHHHH Hahahaha!" bellowed Pitr, unable to contain the sheer comedy of Raven's misery at the hands of the scorned woman when she dumped the ale upon him. He did try to stop laughing, an effort that went largely unsuccessful as his chest continued to heave with subtle chuckles even as the redhead moved back to him.

"I bet you need another drink..."

"Why, luv, ferget the drink...all ah need is a fine gal suchas yerself ta show a good-fer-nothin' seadog like me some kindnesses, sure," began Pitr, his body turned to her and his arms reaching out for her waist as she scrubbed at his rough, sooty face. "An don't you think nothin' aboot ol' Darkheart there. 'Es juss jealous o' you, what w'you bein' a real princess while 'es only a pretend noble..." he finished as he cast a mischeivous grin up at the redhead. One of his hands worked it's way around to her back, and clearly displayed a very prominent middle finger to the scorned Captain Darkheart.
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

About that instant, a whisper of something brushed against Guen's ear. Before she could jerk around and slice open whatever it was, a soft, familair voice whispered in her ear.

"You know. Darkheart looks quite good soused in spirits, wouldn't you say?"
When she turned, she faced the infamous King of Thieves, looking none the worse for wear.

Thanion stood, familair in his appearance- except for his hair. Normally kept dyed black, it was pure pale silvery blond, unable to deny his true heritage in this strange dreaming world.

He tilted his head, contemplating Raven's state, and then grinned.

"I'm rather tempted to contribute to it..."
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Raven Darkheart
Captain

"Ouch," Raven groaned softly as the mug hit his most sensitive parts after the ale had wetted his black leather breeches. "I probably deserved that," he said with a lopsided grin to Guen. His crystal blue eyes darkened as he saw the supple form of Maeve ply itself around the dead body of the rascal Nash. The middle finger was what made him snap.

"That does it," he cursed under his breath as he jumped up, quickly getting rid of his captain coats and pushing it in Thanions hands without even greeting him. "Was dieing once not enough for ye, dog," he roared in his old King Court street accent of his youth as he jumped on the table nearest to Pitr and his precious captive, waving the broken mug as if it was a weapon "The daemons will get ye now, suren."
Last edited by Raven Darkheart on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Pitr never looked away from Maeve's eyes for a moment, though his growing excitement was terribly plain for her to see. "There you have it, hun. See how jealous ya make 'im when yer here w'me? Ah think mebee he's regrettin' 'imself a bit, sure...he still thinkin' o'you. An ah hate ta be leavin' you again, but 'e needs 'is gob stowed good, an THAT sounds like a job fer ol' Pitr Nash..."

Pitr didn't want to leave the redhead's embrace, but he'd been called out, an Bloody Nash never backed down from a challenge. Even to death, I was a right hard bastard... thought Pitr, as he rose up, still clutching the barmaid's waist. He drew her in a kissed her roughly. "Why doncha go grab us a coople drinks, aye?" he said, nodding in Raven's direction and placing his foul weather hat upon her head. "This won't take too long, ah bet..."

Turning to the table, Pitr let his greatcoat fall to the floor around him revealing a bloody cut to his shoulder and another very bloody cut to his abdomen. Ignoring these wounds, he pointed up at Raven. "Aye, mate, whatdo ya think yer doin? Doncha know dead pirates is like sore dicks? Ya can't beat 'em! an affer ah spank ya good, you kin go tell yer Queen that ya lost to the 'ardest, toughest, meanest bastard in this er any other lifetime!" hollered Pitr Nash, pacing around the table and smiling up at Raven with pure, almost child-like glee.
Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Post by Guenhwyfar »

Guen just grinned at the unfolding scene, a smile that broke out into a laugh as Pitr showed poor beset-upon Raven his middle finger and the Captain flew into one of his tantrums. Laughing was unusual for her, as was smiling, for that matter, but, then, this didn't seem to be the usual sort of evening, as far as she could tell.

Somehow she was not suprised to see Than here, nor at the unusual color of his hair. She gave him a quick smile by way of greeting, then stood up from the table as the two men readied themselves to fight.

"Oh, come now, Raven," she said, a mischevious twinkle in her eyes as she looked at him but snaked one arm around the Than suggestively. "Why do you have to go picking fights? Everyone's enjoying themselves so much, after all," she said, leaning against the elf languidly and looking from Pitr to Maeve before looking back at Raven, soaking wet and hopping mad. "Well, most everyone, that is..."
Last edited by Guenhwyfar on Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

Than arched one brow in elegant suprise as Raven lunged for the dead pirate.

"My.. my I haven't heard Darkheart talk like that.. in ages. Something else you'll be able to bribe him with later on, vixen."

He grabbed a chair, turned it around and sat on it, his arms crossed over the back of it, looking on in amusement.

"Just what does he expect to do? Kill him again?"

He raised his voice to be heard above the din: "Two crown on the walking corpse!"
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

"The isle of Dort is my home, most recently a house in the city there. It is nice to know that you have a goal."

She gave a sad smile and sipped her wine. "I can not say the same. Born and raised on a farm, I had enough of that life. I have set out on a trail to see what will become of me, without skill or knowledge in any specific area but the farm life. I do enjoy music though, as well as a good tale. Both are wonderful things if they are told or sung by the right person."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Ahhh Yes, nothing like a good fight to let you know you are in the right place.

The commotion was uncommon, which lead the dark elf to believe that she was no longer in Taloh Tel Amrun, or Cairbara for that matter. But it could've been the port city for all she knew.

These peopel... she pondered briefly. Could be beneficial to know when the time comes.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Raven Darkheart
Captain

If there had been a chance of talking reason into Raven, it was lost the moment Guen pressed herself to the Than. His eyes narrowed further and he spit on the ground, civility lost for now.

With a grunt he let himself fly through the air to jump on Nash's bleeding body, hoping to deal him a crashing blow. With a grin he realized his body felt like he was twenty all over again. A nice change from being in his mid thirties. "Get ye to the Netherworld, sea dog" he grumbled, "This is no place for walking corpses."

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”