Ye Ol' Tavern

Moderator: Mods

Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Pitr's face contorted into a comedic display of excessive surprise when Raven took to the air. Even if he could, which was unlikely, Pitr didn't try to dodge the pirate: he stood his ground to accept the falling attack, and when it came he fell to the ground with Raven, a rocky, grisly laugh blaring out from his lungs. Ignoring his opponent's attacks, for he could feel no pain, he rammed his fist towards his opponent's face repeatedly, aiming for the tip of his nose and hollaring as he lashed out.

"This is my house, bugger! MINE! I'll be 'ere, waitin' fer you when ya come an' join me in 'ell!" he said between the repeated strikes of his constant assault.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Answering Pitr's deadly kiss passionately before she turned away to the bar, Maeve returned swiftly with a large bucket of water. For a moment she watched as the two pirates wrestled on the ground, Pitr's fist finding Raven's nose but slipping off to his left eye and leaving its mark there.

"Knock it off. I said.. KNOCK IT OFF!" the redhead demanded and threw the full bucket of water over them, dousing their fire. "Now stop it, or I'll be gettin' me brother to kick ya both out."
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Flailing, punching, kicking, kneeing, and even the occasional headbutt...Pitr Nash attacked with the reckless ruthless aggression of a cornered, wild animal. He cocked his arm back for yet another punch, his elbow sticking up in the air and his fist aimed down at Raven's face for yet another smash...

Splash.

Pitr froze, his arm still cocked precariously up in the air as his eyes scanned around and found the redhead with the bucket. Smiling a goofy, apologetic grin, he slowly lowered his loaded fist and pushed himself up, blowing out air and sending splatters of water out before him. Turning back to Raven, he offered the other pirate his hand.

"Weell, ah reckon' we best do as she says, sure. You've balls o' brass, Cap'n Darkheart, ta jump a deadman...ah'll give ya that. Mebee yer Queen ain't in such bad hands, af'erall..." muttered Pitr, clearly amused by Maeve's drastic attempts to break the scrappers up. But Pitr's amusement was tempered with the knowledge that he would never fight alongside any pirate again, including Raven Darkheart, who was as fearless and brutal as Pitr himself. Such men were rare...and even more rare to be found still alive.

Turning to Maeve, Pitr smiled, an expression that seemed almost pleasant on his harsh face. "If'n you think 'es suffered enuff fer ya, darlin, then it's no great jib ta me. Now give 'em a kiss, and fergive 'im, an' ah promise we'll make nice..."
Last edited by Pitr Nash on Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

The Than watched Raven get yet another dousing- from the same woman with an unholy grin of glee. He shifted a bit, all Guen had to do now was move over the slightest bit and she'd fall quite naturally into Than's lap, but the pirate king wasn't likely to push Guen into anything. He had, at least, learned his lesson in that.

He arched a brow at the red-headed Maeve.

"Here now, madame, how am I supposed to determine who won the fight? I suppose I shall have to just give you the Crowns, as you seem to have conquered them both?"
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Sauntering clear of Raven, Pitr's wee heart hammered for joy. Nothin' like a spot o' fun! There's a good scrap unner me belt...makes a man thirsty, aye... he thought, pleased with his form on this night. He clapped Tavren on the back as he passed, shouting out to him in a fine, foul weather voice. "That's how ya work outcher troobles, mate! Nothin' like a spot o' fun ta perk up yer evenin'..." he said, grabbing up the rum bottle that was still quite empty. Turning, he spied the other pirates he had not yet met.

"Well, a reckon' Cap'n Darkheart has it where it counts...'e can fight...but 'is make-believe noble act is a wee bit shy. Ah don't recall 'em makin' a proper intra-duction fer us. As 'e said, ah'm Bloody Pitr Nash, the 'ardest man-jack in all the seas..fer aboot five burns. Hahaha! An like 'e says...ah'm passed away. Ah reckon' ain't no way fer me ta come back, nope, so ah'm kickin' up jacks-a-dyin' 'ere while ah may..." he bellowed, taking a seat across from Than and Guen.

"Ah was just on a course ta go kick the shit outta that wicked dark elf sittin' at my bar when ah 'membered a coople other fine peeple ah haven't met jus yet. So mebee ah let that little bitch alone fer a spell while ah sit w'you, aye?" he said, his jagged, feral, toothy grin beaming over to Guen as he leaned forward in his chair to rest his elbows upon the table's surface.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

With an arched brow the dark elf looked over to the man who didn't have the nicest of things to say about her. She tilted her head slightly and and returned turned her head away from him. The dark elf wasn't impressed, nor was she quiet.

"Ahh yes, a bitch...." That's odd, when did Raevyn speak common so fluently? "Yes sir, I do remember seeing a bitch on two on the way here. Honestly however I can not remember if the bitch was your mother, or some other cheap whore that I used for," there was a brief pause as Raevyn pretened to search for the word,"cheap thrills."

"Pretty sad actually, for you call me a bitch, yet I am more man then you could dream of being. If you do not believe me, just ask that woman I left laying out on the corner, she looks soooo much like you, I am certain there is some relationship."

While Raevyn spoke, she lifted her left hand to the hilt of her dagger. Her motion was slow and surely he couldn't see her do this as her right arm was the one in his line of sight. She feigned a yawn before speaking her final peace. "Do not waste my time human boy, lest you wish to know pain and suffering like never before."
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Smoke had entered the establishment in time to catch Pitr's exchange with Raven, rather than getting in the way she had slipped off to one side of the door where she leaned against the wall, her hands behind her back and gripping the hilt of a dagger at her waist.

There was certainly something amiss here, for starters she didnt know how she had gotten here or how she was going to get back. Nearly amber orbs quickly scanned the room taking count of bodies and weapons where she could.

"Pretty sad actually, for you call me a bitch, yet I am more man then you could dream of being. If you do not believe me, just ask that woman I left laying out on the corner, she looks soooo much like you, I am certain there is some relationship."

"She is still there, we had a good laugh at your expense I'm afraid...your lack of balls being the cause of her great mirth." Why was she getting involved? She knew neither the elf or the pirate, but there seemed some kind of connection to the ebony skinned woman. "Its also funny that you might call her a bitch." she gestured to Raevyn "From what the woman outside let on that is like the pot calling the kettle black, or did you forget her little pet name for you?"

Smoke still leaned against the wall, the grip on her blade changed as she slowly turned it in her hand to prepare for a throw. She also kept an eye on Raevyn in case the woman wasnt one to take kindly to outside interferance.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

It had seemed as if Raevyn now had an ally on her side. It was unexpected and Raevyn wanted to see just how much faith she could put into this new visitor. The dark elf flashed a few hand signals that only a thief could psooibly know. If this new person didn't look confused, Raevyn knew that this could be beneficial, however if she did, the dark elf knew she would have to be that much more cautious as to how she handled her.

"I believe it was Stumpy," Raevyn added. This was sure to rile this man up. Raevyn knew this, and eased into more of a defensive posturing while keeping her eyes on him, and her.
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Interrupted by the prattle from the bar, Pitr glanced over to the two ladies...one of which he had noticed earlier. Guess they won't wait. "Beggin' yer pardon, mates. Someone o'er there still don't quite know what's o'clock..." grinned Pitr, as he pushed himself up from the table. He turned to the elf girl first and walked toward her.

"Did ya say...what was it...pain an' sufferin' like ne'er before? Aye, them's the wards..." he said, stepping closer. "Pain the likes o'which you've given to...how many others? Have ya killed anyone, darlin'? Sure, ma'ap ya know a thing 'er two about killin'. Mebee ya slipped an fell on a cat once? Stepped on a weevil? But pain an' sufferin'...lemme tell ya about pain an' sufferin..."

Pitr opened his coat to show two bloody wounds, one of which was clearly fatal. They continued to bleed, and would bleed forever. He smiled down at her with his crooked, misshapen face, his jagged teeth flashing. "Ah heard the sounds of a'hundred peeple dyin' at my hand when I was killed, ya whore. Ya kin ask that one there..." he jabbed a thumb back towards Tavren. "He was there w'me. If ya wanna know a thing er two about pain an sufferin', then take yer best shot..." Pitr came to a stop before her, his coat held open such that she could pick where she would strike. "Go on, hun. Mebee you'll kill me more, huh? Er maybe ah'll break yer arm an slit yer throat. Or mebee ah'll give ya the honor of fetchin' me another rum? If'n ya do, ah'll give ya a kiss fer yer troobles. Hahaha!"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"Raised on a farm!" Rhoddin nearly yelped, "Well if it wasn't the same for me, I've lived on a farm all my life up until a few weeks ago. And then I took some cattle to Kings Court, and well, ow I'm doing all sorts of odd things at Dragons Keep."

The young man took a pull of his beer, "You know, being a bards not bad. You get to met some interesting people." Another pull, "You know, I've even met Prince Balthasar, pretty impressive for a farm boy."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"That is good, at least your ears work properly," Raevyn sneered as she took a step backward. He was taller than her and clearly outweighed her. And those holes in his chest, yeah they'd kill just about anything she could thing of. Despite it all, Raevyn was confident that even this dead thing would fall, even with some help from others.

"Living or dead, undead for that matter, makes no difference to me.... or her," the dark elf said nodding her head in the other woman's direction. "As for killing you more, I would simply say... for good." In a flash both of her daggers were drawn and ready. With one arm outstreched and her other close to her body, she defiantly dared the dead man to come closer.

Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Pitr just looked at her hopelessly. Nothin' yet? What does it take ta get her to do somethin'? He thought, his grin disappearing with her lack of decisive action. He stared at her with his greying, dead eyes and lifted the side of his lip in a disappointed sneer. With a sudden flash of his hand, he slapped her a sudden blow across the face, saying "Less tawkin' an more o' yer pain an sufferin'..."
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Whatever signals Raevyn had flashed to Smoke were lost on the woman, she had never bothered to learn the language. However, there was no look of confusion either, Smoke simply didnt care enough to let on either way.

The pirate seemed to have ignored Smoke, but that was probably just as well since it could be used to her advantage later if need be. Thats when the confrontation between the other two really started to heat up, blades had been drawn and Raevyn had even been struck.

A shake of her head and a small sigh, the only indication that Smoke was paying them any heed. One step was all she needed, her first dagger flew and imbedded itself into the bar beside the two, another step and a second dagger on the other side. "Shut your traps, both of you! The lady asked you nice, and my next dagger will find itself sheathed in your throat if you dont find your seats...NOW!"
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Her head snapped to one side, and pain shot through every pore of her that side of her face. She licked her lips and tasted for the first time, her blood. It was crippling in it's ecstasy, Raevyn smiled. The dark elf let her tongue trace across the wound once more. As she took a step forward to retaliate a dagger had cut her off. It was followed by another, which caused her to momentarily take her eye off of Pitr.

"Bitch you are next, after this one," the dagger in her left hand plunged straight forward, aiming just left of the one open wound in the man's chest while her other quickly swiped at his face. It was the beginning a furious volley of attacks that started at his torso and worked it's way downward. The dark elf finished the volley with a hard slap of his face with the flat side of the dagger in her left hand. That left her right free to fling one and plant it at the feet of Smoke who was quickly getting on the dark elf's bad side.
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Murhek made his excuses to the half-giant and strode across the tavern to where the other Mori'Quessir and some kind of ill-kempt human were faceing off. He stepped up just outside the reach of all the participants and swiped a steak knife from a nearby table and secreted it in his sleeve before nodding to Raevyn,

"Want a hand, cousin?"

His eyes dancing slightly, the prospect of a kill - or at least a good fight - he waited for Raevyn's response, the white teeth of his smile contrasting starkly against his ebony skin.

Post by Guest »

With a smile her wine was finished.

"Unfortunately I have no real training in anything. I sang some with the family, sure, but I don't know much about that beyond it. I've been helping out someone until I do discover what I am skilled at. I figure that watching other people, maybe I will find something that interests me enough to go after it. I try to enjoy the company and activity in the meanwhile you know..."

Lyssa glanced at the fight going on. "Guess I spoke too soon, guess some people thrive on it though."
Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Pitr stood motionless during Raevyn's attack, watching her hands move with...impatience? Boredom? When she had finished, a new set of cuts and slashes covered Pitr's corpse, all of which trickled a modest amount of dark, thick blood. The pirate only grinned, however, his maniacle eyes glaring at her with rapt appreciation.

"Ah think mebee ya missed..." he said, his jagged, white teeth flashing out at her. He looked down and poked one finger deep within one of the fresh cuts, buying it up to his knuckle in the new wound. He returned his gaze back to Raevyn with a look of almost amused glee. "Well! Maybe not! Hahaha!"

"Ah think mebee I hear purty well, lass, but you don't. Did'ya miss it when ah told ya ah'm dead? You've got ta do far better'n this if'n ya wanna get the better of yer ol' Pitr Nash...especially when 'es already passed away. An while yer at it, maybe you kin answer me question? Juss 'ow many people have ya killed, ya great assassin? Er are ya just...all piss an wind like the rest o' yer kind?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Rhoddin also had half an eye on the brawl going on, "Aye, some people thrive on it, me, well I've seen enough for the moment. Seems wherever we got here's fighting.

"Say, I know this sounds a bit odd, but it is I guess, but do you think this is all real? I mean I know I've got a buggered shoulder, I know I'm on the edge of Terra Incognitta, but here I am talking to an attractive lady I've never met before, in a tavern I've never visited, go figure."

Post by Guest »

"It does feel odd doesn't it. I don't recognize anyone here, or the place either. After the weird things I've had happen though, I don't know, it doesn't seem right to worry about it too much. Enjoy the moment, and let it be if it's not real." She smiled and ordered a fresh glass of wine.

She takes a long sip from the glass as it arrives and looks to Rhoddin.

"There are worse places for a person to be, whether real or imagined."
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Stepping from the blurry, ethereal street, Grant slipped around Smoke with a muttered apology as he moved immediately to the bar. In his hands was a large book bound in deeply stained leather with a dark brand upon it's spine that read 'Fate' and a blood-red ribbon dangling from a point marked well within it's pages. On his person was a curious, shapeless garment, little more than a blanket with a hole for his head, formed of black wool broken by two wide bands of intricate white design running his modest height at either side. His bald head and long, carefully trimmed beard framed a face wrinkled with age and a lifetime of emotion, and the hands that held his magnificent tome were scarred and gnarled with so much use.

Despite his broken, limping stride, he managed to vault the bar with surprising agility and...

Thump. "Damn..."

In a comedic display of clumsy inability, the worn man failed to clear the bar he had attempted to jump and collapsed behind it, the heavy, rolling thump of his fall unmistakable from behind the wooden expanse. Fortunately, his accident seemed to have left him unharmed and he rose up quickly, his mystic tome still in his hands. As if nothing had happened at all, he quickly scanned the occupants of the tavern, focusing primarily on those that sat at the bar, and dropped his tome upon an unused section of the long counter.

After filling a mug of beer for himself, the bald man spoke. "I think you've harassed these people long enough, Pitr..." he said, directing his words to the deceased pirate. "I will recite for you a eulogy, but when I finish you must leave us forever.

Who knows just why you did as you did,
Or just how we should remember you?
No more will you share the anger you hid.

What rage, what hate, what made you forbid
a promise of hope that we would renew?
Who knows just why you did as you did.

The old and the tired you would have rid,
or to try the troubled seas subdue,

But weren't you just a spoiled kid?
Your selfish plans would you pursue?
Who knows just why you did as you did.

And what passions did you find amid
A loving embrace that woke you anew?

And now that you've lost your fateful bid,
Your devilish works are all through,
Who knows just why you did as you did?
"
Pitr Nash

Post by Pitr Nash »

Pitr quickly withdrew his finger from one of his many gaping wounds and turned a furious gaze at the new bartender, clearly displeased with this turn of events. "I'm not finished yet!" he sputtered, words that quickly faded amid the rolling lines of his own eulogy. As the rhyme continued, his face only darkened more and more as his rage grew, and when it finished, Pitr's hands were clenched in tight fists, shaking upon his arms with the need to lash out at his impending fate.

Without a word, he turned and stalked to the door of the tavern, pushing Smoke bodily out of his way as he passed. With a single look back at the crowds collected within, Pitr Nash clamped his battered foul-weather cap back on his head and turned up his collar again, concealing much of his countenance within a cocoon of faded felt and broadcloth. Appearing much the same as he did when he came in, Pitr Nash stepped out of the tavern and into his waiting oblivion.
Tavren

Post by Tavren »

Tavren guffawed as the assassin poked impotently at Pitr. Had the seadog's heart been pumping warm blood, the rogue would've been at his side in a blink, but things being as they were, this scene was hilarious."Oh be on your guard Nash", he shouted from the bar, "that one's a killer alright! Too bad that barnacle-dick Luchiano beat her to it!"

Chuckling and sipping his beer, Tavren watched the robed newcomer with interest. His mirth increased as the man struggled to mount the bar, and he shouted teasingly at Raevyn: "I wager even that fella could take ya missy!"

At the word eulogy, however, the smile fled Tavrens face and he set down his drink. He shook his head sadly as Pitr stormed into eternity, a fiery bastard to the end. There goes a man who spat at the gods and would do it again.

"I'll see ya where the whores are all friendly and the kegs are all full", spoke Tavren outloud. "I'll see ya Captain Nash." His green eyes holding the sad calm of the sea, he turned back to the bar- but not before giving Pitrs dwindling form a single salute.
Raven Darkheart
Captain

Post by Raven Darkheart »

Raven was still busy dusting off his white shirt after he shortly cuffed the Than around his ears for impudence. With large eyes he watched the man in.. what was that for curious clothing ?... crash behind the bar and recite poetry to Pitr. The dead pirate didn't seem to much like to hear his eulogy and stamped out of the tavern "And don't let the door hit you on the way out," Raven shouted after him, a huge grin on his face.

He turned to the remaining pirates and swashbucklers "Now, where were we.. oh yes.. the rum." He took a huge swill and eyed Guen with a twinkling in his eyes "Nothing like a little brawl to give you a thirst, eh?"
Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Post by Guenhwyfar »

Guen watched the brawl with a faint sparkle of interest, though she nearly laughed out loud to see the dead pirate smacking the loudmouthed dark elf around.

The mood turned more sombre as the strange man appeared and the pirate stormed out, and Guen took a particularly long swig of her ale in hopes of dispelling an uncharacteristic mood of... could that be sympathy?

She turned to Raven as he spoke and arched a teasing eyebrow at him. "Oh, aye," she said, eyes twinkling as her fingers traced lightly along the left side of his face. "Especially, it seems, if you lose," she added, as her fingertips brushed ever so lightly along the growing bruise around his left eye.
<i><small>She's not quite as nice as She looks, nor you quite as tough as you think.
--W.H. Auden, "Circe"</small></i>
Raven Darkheart
Captain

Post by Raven Darkheart »

Raven caught her hand, kissing her fingertops as he kept his icey blue eyes on her face, murmurring in amusement "Why, one would think fair lady, that you care what happens to my person. The bruise is pretty, no? I think it will be a hellish purple on the morrow."

His loose hand circled around her waist, pulling her close and he stole a quick kiss with half an eye on the damnable elf sitting nearby. Putting up a middle finger was not quite his style.

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”