Netherworld Nightmare

Moderator: Mods

Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

"We will take you to safety," replied the yellow eyed one to Aden. "Is that not what you wanted?" The red eyed head sighed and uttered, "he does not trust us. Let's leave him."

Vale found that she did spring into the air and begin to fly in the air as a dog might paddle in the water. Still it was a treat to hover a few feet in the air as she moved towards Ryalda and the two demons. The bovine demon stopped and turned around, lifting its club menacingly. Ryalda was likely grateful for the warning she received. Vale was closing the distance at a speed not much faster than a brisk walk.
Last edited by Dark Whisper on Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friends come and go but enemies multiply.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn nodded at Vale. "Yup, that's what I meant. Follow and then stop em. Two flies in one go, two fish on one worm, two...hold on, what's that?" Big eyes gazed at the strange object that had appeared in Vale's hand. "You do magic stuffies? Hey!"

Before there was a chance to get answers the winged girl actually took off into the air! It was amazing in a rather scary way. "Uh oh...quack like a duck!" The girl yelled and pushed Telnas down just in case. Was that woman actually gonna attack Ryalda now? Talking about lousy timing!

"NO!" After the creature had flown over them Syrawenn quickly advanced on the possible warring parties. "Come on! We just had an understanding!" Immediately she took a step backwards when the biggest demon started moving that huge club. "No killing eachother!" Yet...she added in silence. "We're gonna find a way out of here and uh...be useful for eachother...then we deal with stuff!"

Realizing she made no sense whatsoever, Syrawenn threw her hands in the air in a hopeless gesture. "Never mind, it's not like anyone really listens, which I can understand. Carry on, bash eachother's skull in and by all means don't try to solve this mess...Come ON, Winged Woman! Don't tell me those wings started to dissolve your brain too!"

Oops, stupid. Shut up now!
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

While she had been ignoring the sounds around her, it did not mean she couldn't hear them. The sound of Vale's threats and her voice coming from over the sorceress caught her attention and she turned to face the now winged demoness even as the minotaur turned and raised his club menacingly. Almost automatically, Ryalda focused on the passions within and around and threw up her sheild.

"I have no desire to hurt you woman. You are mistaken. Nothing will happen to our world," she tried to reason with the girl. There were parts of her plan she wasn't able to share with anyone. The demons had to believe that she was one with them and willing to bring them over unhindered.
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

Vale came to halt and brought herself back down to the ground carefully, unused to the wings. Keeping her distance and looking from Ryalda to the demons, she kept herself vigilant and ready physically.

"Not true," she stated simply, pretending to be casual, "You already tried to hurt me when you threw the other girl at me just for speaking up. Remember?"

Vale paused and looked at Ryalda distrustfully. The sorceress might try to talk with her to get her guard down but Vale still had to watch on the demons; they could pounce suddenly.

"How do you know nothing bad will happen to our world?" asked Vale, "You don't seem like a person to forget to ask about details unless you had something to hide. I mean, the daemons shall roam free as long as they follow your commands for a few days. Isn't that selfish of you? You don't even know why they want to come back to our world. They must be in this terrible place for a reason and not among us. What are the means for what you do? It seems to me that they can only aid you through doing harm."
Last edited by Vale Mira on Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Exasperated Syrawenn threw her hands up in the air. "Fine, fine, don't listen at all...just go on fighting, get everybody restless and confused instead of getting all of us out." She muttered more to herself than the rest. "Funny how people never believe there might be ways of solving messes even if you don't like eachother. But hey, since interfering will only get me thrown through the air -which did not harm me in any way, Vale, and I never actually touched you, so maybe we can forget about that little incident- I guess I better not try to get their attention again. Too bad, I still think we could make it out of here and I still think we should simply go along with Ryalda. At least she seems to know what she's doing, no offense to all of ya."

She had another look at the demons in front of the little group, noticing the strange two-headed horse somewhere in the back of her mind. "Hey, doubledemon, which way to the exit?" It was worth a try. Maybe it would get the party moving. They had been in one place quite long enough.

Post by Guest »

Concerned, Telnas listened to all the goings on between Vale, Ryalda and Syrawenn. The events happening between Aden and the strange horse had caught his eye as well. Things are getting a bit mad here He thought to himself. Realising that things needed calming down, he felt he had no choice but to try and do that himself, though he doubted it would make any difference.
Shouting so he would be heard, "All of you, cant you see what is going on. We have got caught up in a war, a war between the demons here. Vale is obviously supported by one demon, Ryalda is trying to get the support of another, Aden has somehow got a very weird looking horse, and Syrawenn, is being Syrawenn!".
He paused to catch his breath, and continued in a slightly quieter tone, "Can't you see whats happening, we are being split apart by these demons, the more split we are the easier it will be to take us all down".
Looking specifically at Ryalda and Vale he continued, "How do you know that this is not what they want, how do you know these are not working together, have you noticed they have picked up on the two that seem to be the leaders here?".
Sighing deeply, "I tell you now, we all follow one path or, despite your powers, we will all die. Ah what the hell, I think I'll go wherever Syrawenn goes, because even if we die, it will be crazy and a laugh".

With a shake of his head and a wave of his arm, he walked to wards her, "You all do what you want, you will not have listened to me anyway".
Last edited by Guest on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

Standing silently listening to the chaos around her, she was inclined to give Telnas marks for some intelligence and insight, unlike most of the others who merely let their fear lead them about by the nose. Sighing, she turned back to Vale.

"You would perfer to stay here and be eaten eventually?" she asked plainly. "Or did you have another way to get us home? I am open for alternative solutions... should you have any." Scanning the small group standing around.

"From any of you. I never asked to be your leader nor do I wish to be. I am doing what I know can be done to free myself from here. What you all do is your business. Now," she looked back at Vale pointedly.

"Unless you have another way to free us from this place, please leave me be to find my own destiny."
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

"Am I really a demon now?" she sighed softly to herself and the voice, looking away. The thought had just struck her and feared the thought of losing her humanity.

Vale stared at those around her; stopping Ryalda would be no easy task if no one would back her. She wondered about what the voice had said, had Syrawenn and Telnas really fallen to this place's temptation?

Vale looked to Syrawenn and Telnas critically.
"Just because we weren't seriously injured," she said to Syrawenn, "Doesn't mean it didn't happen and she didn't try."

"Don't you know that if demons are able to cross the way into our world, more would arrive? Whatever's been stopping them before shall be gone?" she questioned passionately to them. "Calm down and think. You want to get along but get home, right? I wonder why no one understands the bad side of demons entering our world, even if it will get us back? Don't lose faith in finding another solution out so quickly, what's the point of returning, if it will become disaster? Just because Ryalda came up with a solution doesn't mean its the only one."

Vale paused and took a breath, tried of saying the same thing over and over.

"Funny," started Vale sarcastically turning to Ryalda, "You never told me why you wanted the demons for those few days after you arrived. I don't stop you because I refuse to let you deal with your business, I stop you because what you're trying to do will allow these demons into our world and more shall come after. And you're trying to gain something by allying yourself with them."

"But what is the solution?" she asked the voice whistfully. Whoever heard her, might have thought she was speaking rhetorically or to the air, for she looked at no one. "How do we get home?"
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

"It is as I suspected. You cry foul but have no solution and ask everyone to stay here and die," the sorceress shook her head.

"You are making judgements based on faulty information Vale. If what you say is true, then our world is doomed already for I have summoned no less than three demons to the other side and have had one more attempt to enter our world unbidden but was destroyed in the trying. Calling these two over will not open the way for others. Demons may only come over if summoned by one of us. They can not summon one another nor can they hold a portal open, hence why these are so ready to deal with us. We are their only hope. And at this moment, they are our only hope... at least the only hope I can see." Glancing at the horizon the ex-governess sighed.

"And the longer we tarry, the more likely we will not make our goal. Certainly you are aware that there are stronger demons about than these, demons who would possess you and change far more than growing wings out your back. I will not tarry any longer and I won't allow you to stop me. If you wish to die, tell me now and I will make it easy."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Yup!" Syrawenn said, again to no one in particular. It was not as if anyone was paying attention to anything she said anyway! Then again, Vale did hear me say something. Ah well, let's get this show on the road.

"We going yet? I doubt these demons are gonna hold their breath forever...then again, do you breathe at all?" She looked at the twosome with renewed interest, after which she made a few tentative steps towards the road she guessed they would be taking. Maybe the rest would finally get into motion instead of arguing and not solving anything. "Come on, you guys. We got a long road ahead of us. Uh, then again, do we?" Again she asked the silent demons.

"By the way, nice going...can you teach me how to make others listen to me?" The girl asked Telnas on the way. It was getting to be rather irritating to be ignored.

Post by Guest »

Telnas glanced at Syrawenn, and gave a chuckle, "Listen?, teach you to make others listened to you?". He burst in laughter, "They have not listened to me. I think they understand what I said, but not listened. I am perhaps not the best one to learn from".

Giving a smile to her, "I will tell you this though, and it is something I think you already know, while you babble away and talk before thinking, no one will ever listen to you. The trick about being listened to is to be so sure, so positive, so", he struggled for the right word, "So commanding, that they are almost compelled to listen".

Waving his arms at Ryalda and Vale, "These two though are so taken up with themselves and against each other, that although they heard me, they did not really listen. That happens sometimes".

He shrugged his shoulders, "It matters not any more. I think one will give way, or one will die and we will be left to pick up the pieces".
Putting his hand on Syrawenn's arm, "Now where were you going young lady, so that I may follow?".
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Aden sighed. "I trust you only because I have summoned you. Of course I will follow where you lead." He imagined that he sounded bold saying such a broad statement, but in reality, he only barely managed to suppress a shudder. "I only ask where you are leading so that I can determine or not it is truly safe. After all... your kind aren't exactly known for your honesty." That much, at least, he could say with confidence.
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

Vale was strangely silent after her outburst and so the sorceress turned away to continue following the demons to their exit portal. In contrast to the winged one, the other female yammered on endlessly, annoyingly.

"You act like a child, demanding attention and speaking without thinking. You should expect to be ignored," she said without looking back at the others.

She wearied of these pointless exchanges and merely wanted to get home where she could have a cup of tea and get back to her studies. Her research indicated those who spent much time in this realm slowly went mad. It was apparent to her that some minds were more susceptible to that than others and some of those around here might have already suffered such damage.
Last edited by Ryalda on Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

Vale stayed numb and silent. She was patiently awaiting a reply from the voice. How could it just tell her to carry out actions and not give answers? Vale did not know how to leave the terrible place and what to do next. The others weren't listening to her, she had nothing solid. They did not trust her or her wings and Vale was beginning to lose faith in the voice she heard last.

The voice had to have heard the remarks the others had made. She needed motivation. She needed help.
Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

The Voice came to Vale as bidden, but delayed for some reason. Perhaps it was difficult for the voices of the gods to penetrate this region. You must show them your power. Use the wand on the others in the party. Show them that evil will not be tolerated. Touch one of them with your wand and they will know the power of righteousness. I will direct you to a rift so that you can return.

The large bovine daemon was now advancing on Vale slowly, with its club ready. The small batlike creature hovered nearby. It knew what she was trying to accomplish and she needed to be stopped.

The two headed pony regarded Aden further. "Now he calls us dishonest," the red-eyed head uttered in a disgusted voice." The yellow-eyed head gave a dismissive look to the other head and then replied, "we will takesss you to a friend who will open you a way. Climb on our back and we will takessss you there now."
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

As the new words surfaced in her mind, remembered the wand that had been given to her and gripped it tighter. She gulped silently. Vale turned towards the group and folded in her wings. Whom would she touch? It had to be someone easy to get near to, someone who wouldn't attack her approach. Some one who might understand.

Ryalda could attack, she used force on Syrawenn earlier. Syrawenn might jump and go mad with her babble before Vale even came near. Telnas seemed like the best choice.

Vale walked towards him carefully and calmly. She kept her expression plain and unreadable. She did not want him to strike or run.

"Are you really even listening to me yourself?" she told him.

With that, Vale tried to tap him on the shoulder with the white wand. If the voice were true, Telnas might serve as an example, the others would be more easily convinced and help her.

Post by Guest »

Telnas, concentrating on Syrawenn, did not notice Vale until she was almost on top of him.

He was puzzled for a second and then saw the oustretched arm, the wand and realised Vale was trying to touch him with it.

With a shout and a few elvish swear words, he attempted to turn away from it and run for his life, unsure whether he would make it in time.
Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

Telnas successfully jumped away from Vale, at the last minute. As he tried to run, he stumbled and fell to the ash covered ground. Vale might be able to touch him with the wand before he gets up, or she could attempt another target.

Meanwhile the bovine daemon began to get closer to Vale. Its eyes glowed with anger. If she did not flee, he would be upon her shortly.
Last edited by Dark Whisper on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

Damn it, thought Vale annoyedly as Telnas backed away from her.

She then sensed the demon come closer, red eyes burning and ready to attack, Vale realised it knew what she had tried to do. It proved to her that there was something about the wand that posed a threat to it. It gave her a little confidence also, for still some uncertainty lurked in her mind.

Becoming anxious, she had to do something before it advanced upon her and it was too late. It was now or never.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" asked Vale, acting surprised. It's only a pretty stick. See?"

With that Vale reached out once more to touch Telnas before he got up.

Post by Guest »

Telnas's triumphant cheer at dodging the wand changed to another curse as he felt himself stumble and fall to the ground.

Spitting ash he turned and heard Vale say something, and attempt to touch him again with the wand.

He tried to scramble away and realised that this time he may not make it, he called out to anyone who could hear, "Someone help me here".

Glancing around fearfully, he saw his only hope lay either Syrawenn or the beast. Syrawenn was probably too far away, his only hope was probably in the beast reaching Vale before she reached him.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Andolin watched the events unfold with mild amusement. This Vale creature was quite the study in contrasts. Slowly she was becoming a daemon, while avowing her guardianship of the world. He moved to get a better view of what would happen when Vale touched Telnas with the wand, while keeping his distance from Vale. The bovine daemon was getting too close with that club of his. It would not do to be nearby in case he ... missed.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn blinked as she saw the scene unfold. Somehow Vale had gotten hold of a weird twiggything and somehow that scared the living daylights out of Telnas! Meanwhile this one guy was still talking to a twoheaded horse, the demons were out to kill their newly breed companion and Ryalda...well, she was simply being Ryalda.

Still, Telnas was the only guy even remotely close to being nice. If that fiddledeedooda scared him, it might be a bad something. Oh bother. Syrawenn rolled her eyes. Gonna die some day anyway, so why not go for it?

With those thoughts she charged the winged woman without uttering a word, hoping her frequent running bouts would help her gain enough speed to at least be in time to distract the woman and give Telnas a chance to get away.
Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

A voice in Vale's head hissed the talkative girl is rushing you. Beware. It was all Vale needed, in the way of a warning, to avoid being taken by surprise . Vale had but an instant to decide what to do. She could reach for Telnas and probably touch him, turn on Syra, turn on the approaching bovine daemon, or something else altogether. Her wings seemed to beat with a life of their own, perhaps out of an eagerness to be used.
Last edited by Dark Whisper on Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

It was supposed to be simple. It should have just happened. Yet no one trusts a person with unsourcable magic. Vale's dark wings were stiff at her back, yearning to flutter and fly.

Vale saw Syrawenn rush at her and moved away quickly with a small flutter, still trying to touch someone.

"Just one tap," she thought. "And they might trust me."

Anyone would do, but the heat of the moment and rush of the demon getting closer made her anxious. She stepped back and turned to face the group.

"What is with you people?" groaned Vale impatiently, trying to make it seem like the two were acting silly about her. "It's just some pretty stick."

"Look," she began with her body ready to respond to any quick movements, "The large demon doesn't seem to trust me. Which might mean I am doing something he doesn't like. Can't you see I'm trying to prove something to you?"

She decided to come clean. She paused.

"If I touch you with this," she held up the wand, "everything will become clear to you and you will be able to return to our world. I thought if I didn't make a fuss and tell you it would be easier. So please, don't fear me and run."

Vale gave her most sincere expression, hoping they'd give it a chance and believe her.[/i]
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Post by Zhavon Mikhalrian »

Like waking from a dream within a dream, Zhavon's attention finally snapped back to the struggle of those still present. Eyes blinked back sweat and perhaps even tears, her dirty hands lifting to rub whatever grit had entered beneath her lids from its place. From the sound of it, they were still fighting, and Ryalda hadn't yet opened up this portal from whatever this world was to Tazlure proper. Good, things had to stay like that for as long as possible.

It took her a few moments to regain her sense of self there in that place, especially after her daze, or trance that had left her in the ash. By this point, though, she was lost, unsure of whom to support, especially as that Vale had begun to look more and more like a demon as the minutes stretched into oblivion.

Sluggishly, her feet moved, the girl shuffling towards Telnas, Syrawenn, Ryalda, Aden, Vale and Andolin. Zhavon didn't really know what she could do to protect Tazlure from any demons there, and certainly the idea of stepping between Vale and the bovine creature was not an option. Swallowing hard and painfully against the back of her dry throat, she watched, horrified, easily some distance away still. She did not want to get caught up in the altercation, but how could she not when her home stood to be in some trouble if she didn't. Whether or not this was a horrible dream, Zhavon couldn't just stand there and watch.

Slowly, she padded along towards the less agressive of those gathered, coming to stand next to Syrawenn if she was at all able. More so now than before did Zhavon look less like the frightened, enchained, wild creation that they saw first. Whatever she was now, it was unlikely to be enough to even tip the tide to their favour, unfortunately.

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”