Netherworld Nightmare

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Aden sighed at this. It was clear that these creatures were the only way out of here- whether or not he personally approved of it. Still, this had gone rather far. The brown-haired woman was nice, to be sure. She seemed scatterbrained, not entirely unlike that elfess on the isle. Then again... that particular individual had tried to rob him of everything he owned. Somehow, he doubted that any clever tricks with his deck of cards would get him out of this situation. Demons like this tended to be more amused by you know... killing and eating people, apparently. It clearly wasn't in his best interest to try and amuse anyone here with parlor tricks. Thus far, the only thing that had been of any help to them at all was this woman Ryalda's stubborness and apparent willingness to make friends with shadows.

It unerved the hell out of Aden, but then... what didn't? He said nothing, not wanting to attract any attention, but subtly shifted his weight toward the governess. He was a fool, perhaps- but not one with a death wish. Where was a talking horse to counsel him when he needed it the most?
Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

Imbued with an unworldly energy, Ryalda found her arm strengthened beyond that of an ordinary mortal of her frame. With this newfound strength, she easily cast the struggling Syrawenn towards Vale. Vale was able to take a step or two to the side and watch Syrawenn hit the ash covered ground. Fortunately, the ash served as a cushion of sorts and Syrawenn did not find herself seriously hurt. The wind had been knocked out of her momentarily (a blessing in disguise for the rest of the party perhaps) and her rear would be sore for a time. Telnas moved over to Syrawenn to insure that she was not in need of aid and he correctly determined that it was mostly her pride that was bruised.

As Ryalda grasped a rock to cast after Syrawenn and Vale, she found that the energy enmeshed in her hand caused the magma stone to crumble in her grasp instead. The small winged demon tittered with glee as he watched the spectacle unfold while the large bovine stared impassively at the unfolding drama.

As Vale stood looking at Ryalda, a luminous moth fluttered and settled in her hair. Ryalda turned to discuss the bargain with the two demons while Vale was certain she heard a dark whisper in her head. Slay the one called Ryalda and take leadership for yourself. I will guide you from here. Swear to serve me and I will give you power untold.

Aden watched the events with interest, but his attention was distracted by a whinny. With a turn of his head, he noticed a ebony colored pony racing his direction from perhaps 50 yards away. It did not take elven eyes to see that the horse had two heads and mouths shaped more like the human variety. The heads nodded his way as Aden noted their presence, as if they had been expected ... or summoned.

The two demons listened to Ryalda's offer. The little one spoke shrilly "you can have a circle but you will let us free in your world. Only when you promise will you have my name as well." It looked at her with expectant, and beady, eyes. The larger demon merely snorted in his impatience.
Last edited by Dark Whisper on Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Friends come and go but enemies multiply.
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

Similar to when the magic storm had traveled over World's Mouth, the sorceress found her powers amplified. What would have normally taken a good deal more energy was coming easily. It was an unexpected turn but a nice surprise none the less. Dusting her hands off, she focused on the demons, ignoring the chaos behind and around her. They could all do what they well pleased, but she was going home. This was not her idea of a vacation location. Pausing a moment to consider the small demon's words, the sorceress nodded.

“I will summon you, without a circle if you will aide me on the other side. Together, we can do many things,” including destroying her enemies, but she didn't utter that out loud.

“But of course, I can't summon you if I don't know your name,” she waited patiently for the bat like creature to agree to her addendum of his aide in her goals, wondering if she could believe a word he said. Still, if she summoned it by name, circle or not, it was required to answer to her and obey her. This creature didn't seem any stronger than the imp and perhaps not as strong. She thought she could handle him if push came to shove.

Post by Guest »

Aden looked at the horse, and was confused for just a second. "Buster? What have they done to you?" He cried, stepping toward the horse. "Is there any way I can fix whatever it is? Does it hurt?" He did not consider for a moment that the horse might not be the one from that other world- or that it might be in any way, shape, or form evil. He reached over, as if to pet the creature's forehead in a manner he supposed it might enjoy.

"I know I wanted you to get me away from that place, Buster... but this isn't quite what I had in mind." After all- if the horse could talk, then perhaps it was responsible for this whole mess.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Woooooow!" Syrawenn shouted as she flew through the air, only to land unceremoniously on her behind. It took a few moments for her to register what exactly had just happened and why it was so easy to breathe again. Only then did she feel the upcoming bruises. "Ouch! Oooh, man...I said let go, not make me fly without wings! I'm fine, I'm fine." She told Telnas when she noticed him closeby. "She sure ain't, but I'm fine!" The girl pointed at Ryalda who was happily discussing terms with the demons again.

Other voices had sounded. Syrawenn had a careful look around. There was Vale, the one that had the right idea up to a certain point, were it not that her timing sucked almost as bad as her own. That guy...the one agreeing with Ryalda...What a first class creep! The girl immediately decided. Just look at him oozing shadows! Then there was a guy swooning over a two headed horse. Okay, things are getting a tad bit weird for your regular nightmare-let's-see-who-dies-now.

Carefully she got on her feet, dusting herself off. "Okay, seems you're the only one patient enough to wanna talk to me." The brownhaired girl told Telnas. "So you're stuck with me for now." She actually laughed shortly. "We got two groups forming rather rapidly...the demondealers and the rest. Bad idea to split up. Never split up in the dark. What the flip do we do now? Is this my dream? Or is it yours? I never dreamed about so many people."
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities

Post by Guest »

Telnas could see that Syrawenn and Vale were allright, and listened to what Syrawenn said. "Stuck with you am I, well of all the people here to be stuck with, I think I could do a lot worse, and unlikely any better".
Telnas smiled at Syrawenn, "You may be a little mad, and threatening doom all the time, but I feel that you sort of make sense, and you do believe in yourself".
He paused and nodded, "Yes two groups, seems my calls for unity are ignored". He looked Vale and remembered her call to leave Ryalda. He spoke quietly to Syrawenn, "Perhaps three groups, for if Vale is also intent on using demons, then you, Zhavon and like thinking people will split away from both".
Telnas hesitated, unsure whether to continue, but decided he must. So in tones that only Syrawenn could hear, "I will tell you I do not trust Ryalda anymore, her attitude and recent actions, makes me feel she is more dangerous than the demons, I believe she would kill us all, if it meant she could get out".
"Perhaps for the moment we should side with Vale, until we know her intentions, I do not feel safe with Ryalda. Also as for who's dream, if it is a dream, matters not, we are all in together live or die".
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

Smiling inwardly, the sorceress heard the whispers and felt the fear and even anger of the others. Little did they understand, she cared not. She had not asked for followers nor did she want any. If they did follow, she wanted nothing that would interfer with her plans. Otherwise, let them go fare on their own.

She was going to free herself from this place, of that she had no doubts. If they would be freed with her she hadn't a clue nor did it concern her terribly. If it worked that way, then luck was with them. If not, well.. it would be up to them to work out whatever sort of bargain they could. Nothing in life was free. Everyone had bargained with something in their life to get where they were. Some had bargained well or Krynsathis had blessed them. Others didn't fare that well. It was simply the way things were.

Ignoring the murmurs around her, she focused her attentions back on the demon before her awaiting his reply.
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

Vale still stood numbly as Ryalda readied her energies at her; she wasn't afraid. As she threw the poor Syrawenn at her, Vale merely took a large step to the side and watched her fall. She looked at Syrawenn calmly, then smiled a little, glad that she hadn't taken much damage, and glad Ryalda's powers hadn't worked. Vale never saw the rock coming.

"Slay the one called Ryalda and take leadership for yourself. I will guide you from here. Swear to serve me and I will give you power untold," said something.

Vale didn't flinch, but looked around for some sign to the voice. For moment, she imagined a bloody Ryalda at her feet, begging for mercy, and herself with powers unbound. It was interesting and for a moment, she smiled wickedly. She hated Ryalda with all her heart, more than she had ever hated any being and this feeling was slowly consuming her.

She shook her head, trying to organize her thoughts. Suddenly a stream of conscious came in, "It won't get you home. Yet what is home? You've never known it. What is destiny? But it's not right. What is right?"

"Show me if you exist," Vale replied under her breath, unconvined to listen to anything she couldn't see. Her stare was still glazed at the sorceress. Yet she was curious, she wanted to see a bit of the power she might recieve. It wouldn't hurt to see, would it?

All of a suddent, she felt her chest tighten, she readied herself from it, but it was almost impossible to stop. She gave a low chuckle which began to grow more into the maddening laugh she had once experianced. Vale put both hands to her mouth, refusing to let anyone hear. Yet somehow, she was beginning to like this laugh. As mad as it was, it almost felt like a release of pressure and hate. It stopped moments before getting loud enough for anyone to hear. She gasped for air, feeling freed.

Vale looked around her, hoping none had noticed. She felt odd, her numbness was leaving her for another emotion she couldn't place.

Without any more hesitation, Vale went over to Telnas and Syrawenn.
"Come, let us leave," she told them firmly, still staring at Ryalda. "Bargaining with demons won't take us away from here. I hope they eat her."
Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

The bat-like demon danced upon the beast's shoulder in eager anticipation. "We will aid you for 7 days on the other side and then we leave. Agreed?" he countered in a shrill and tiny voice to Ryalda.

Aden noticed the pony arrive and it did not seem to be Buster at all. One head had red glowing eyes and a feral grin with fangs, while the other had yellow glowing eyes and a small mouth with a snake-like tongue emitting from it periodically. As the pony came to a stop near Aden, the red-eyed head uttered, "who's he calling Buster?" in an offended manner. "Itss you he knowsss," replied the other head. "I say we eat him if he does not apologize," murmured the redeye. The yelloweyed head regarded Aden more carefully. "Why did you ssssummon usssss?"

The luminous moth fluttered from her hair to her ear and Vale heard, in her mind, I am at your ear. You want a demonstration of power? Here it is easy. Feeling a sharp pain in her back, Vale was temporarily forced to her knees as she felt flesh and fabric ripping from her upper back. But, the pain soon subsided and the woman with the maddened laugh found she was more in harmony with this world of entropy than she had imagined before. As she turned her head, she noted that she had magically grown bat like wings of such proportion that she might be able to fly if she chose to exercise them. Now swear to serve me and I will give you even more power! But I must have your answer now! The moth fluttered by her right ear.

Andolin, Zhavon, Telnas, Syrawenn, and Rae were all able to see Vale sprout her wings.
Last edited by Dark Whisper on Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

Quietly, the sorceress studied the small demon, wondering what level he was from. Given his excitement, she assumed he couldn't be too high. He was nothing at all like Ramirez who had been arrogant and almost over confident. Still, the little one had a slave of sorts, as Ramirez had so that was cause for thought.

If she promised, she would have time to do some research on the other side to make sure she protected herself. Seven days was a good number and she could accomplish much during that time. Demons seemed to have specialties and the offer of working for her prompted her to wonder what this one was a master of.

"Seven days sounds acceptable, provided your skills are those I can make use of," she replied. "What can you do that would aide me before I turn you lose?" A droplet of sweat ran down her neck into her cleavage. The heat was stifling and she so wanted to pull out her hanky and dry herself, but she feared that would somehow show... weakness. That wasn't something she could afford now and so she ignored the sticky wet feelings and smiled at the demon as they bargained.
Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

"It is agreed then? My friend provides the strength, while I ... am very good at learning things. I can get into most any room and speak and read all languages," he squeaked proudly. "My hearing is exceptional. I can hear the flying demons start to swoop in time to warn ... my friend to use his club ... to good effect." Its little mouth broke into as big of a toothy smile as it could.

"We are agreed then?" he repeated.
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

"It is agreed," the sorceress replied solemnly. "You assist us in returning to our world and I will summon you both without a containment circle. You aide me for seven days in whatever I ask you to do and on the eighth day, you are free to go where you wish. You must leave me and my household intact. What you do to the rest of the city or the world, I care not." A demon of knowledge could be invaluable to her just now and he could read anything, go anywhere. Her mind was spinning with possibilities.

"Once on the other side, I will summon Rhurdidan and..." she looked at the small batlike creature.

"I must have a name in order to bring you over," she said plainly. "If you wish, whisper it to me and I shall keep it secret. I know how... powerful a name can be."
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

Vale yelled out and was caught off-balance as she felt the sharp pain run down her spine. Brought down to the ground, something ripped through her back flesh and clothing. For the first time since she arrived to this land, she was truly shocked and fearful.

But those feelings soon faded. She felt something different run through her veins. Was she loosing her humanity? Suddenly, two emormous dark wings sprouted out of her back in all their dark power. Her crimson dress's shoulders, sleeves and back ripped off while her dark brown hair seemed to go black and her skin a ghostly white.

Something in the back of her mind was still worried and curious. Why did they want her to join them? What as the point of power if it wasn't your own will?

Then she saw Ryalda speak with the demon. She had to do something. She couldn't let her bring those creatures to Tazlure. She felt so helpless and rushed.

"I----I," she began weakly. "I don't know."
Last edited by Vale Mira on Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Side with Vale?" Syrawenn whispered. "Are you nuts? And make Ryalda into a possible enemy? No way, mister. I'm gonna stick with what I know! At least she has made her intentions clear and I can't say the same abou....oh, hi Vale." She quickly flashed a smile at the woman that neared them. A smile that vanished as quickly as it had appeared when all of a sudden two batlike wings sprouted from the woman's back as if it was the most natural thing in the world!

And it probably is around here!

"Waaah! What the flip?" Syrawenn jumped back from the metamorphosis. "You know, Vale...you seem like a very nice person, but I prefer to stick to demontalkers rather than demonspawn!" Cursing her blabbermouth the girl made ready to run for her life. Why can't you simply learn to shut up!

Looking around it seemed Ryalda was already striking a deal with the demons. She sounded more in control than Syrawenn had thought. Might be smart to try not to piss her off anymore. Now she's got a couple of demons in tow!

Post by Guest »

Telnas considered Syrawenn's comment about Ryalda, True, she is dangerous, but Syrawenn is right, at least we kn... His Thoughts were stopped by the sudden sight of Vale sprouting bat-like wings out of her back. He stepped back in shock, by the sword!, she's become a demon. He heard Syrawenn babbling on and before he could stop her, there she went saying she was going to side with Ryalda.

He saw her turn and look at Ryalda, and looked himself, She's close to cutting a deal I think. He looked back at Syrawenn and turned her to face him. "Look, you have to try to keep that mouth of your's shut, how on Tazlure your still alive with talk like that the gods only know".

Releasing her he continued, "If we are going to stick with Ryalda, we had better move now, before Vale gets any ideas, and Ryalda finishes her dealings with that demon, come on!".

With that, Telnas waved Syrawenn to follow, and hurried over to stand behind (but not too close) to Ryalda.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

"Uh..." He was rather uncertain how to deal with this bizarre situation. The only horse he'd met that could talk was Buster, and Buster didn't have two heads and oddly colored eyes. He thought back, taking a moment, before recalling how Ryalda had behaved. She may have been evil- of that there was no doubt. Still, she was largely in control of the situation- and that made her an example worth following.

"I have summoned you... you... for service!" He said, trying to keep his voice as bold and strong as possible. "You know that this is not my realm- and that I seek to leave it." He tried to seem defiant, but his voice quavered slightly on the last syllable. There was something haunting about speaking openly with these creatures. It was like somehow conceding authority to them. A thought occured to him, almost off hand. "What might your names be? Or do demons of such low priority not even have names..." he trailed off, hoping that the creature was simple enough to fall for the trick. "If you can't provide one, then perhaps I should have to summon something stronger? Something that CAN assist me, perchance?"
Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

The batlike creature flew to Ryalda's shoulder, where it whispered its name to her. "Now, follow us. There is a rift in our plane nearby. You should be able to pass through it to the other side." He decided to omit the part about the danger before fluttering back to the bovine demon. Rhurdidan turned and began lumbering back the way he had come.

"If you did not know our name, how did you ssssummon ussss?" asked the yellow. "I say we eat him," came the red as he eyed Aden. "We can lead you to ssssafety. Follow ussss," offered the yellow. The pony turned to move away, as the two heads turned to see if Aden would follow.

Vale was tormented with indecision as her friends moved away in fear. Look at them. They fear you and would slay you. They think you are mad. Give me your promise quickly before they slay you, and I will give you the means to slay them, if you wish. Time is dear ... speak the words to serve me or I cannot help you further. Who else here will help you now? You are an outcast.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Andolin watched the events unfold with continued amusement. Ryalda was a force to be reckoned with, but so too was he. Yet, she was doing nothing different than he would do, so let her make the bargain.

The bat-like wings on Vale were quite impressive. They would serve her well here, he supposed, as long as she stayed away from those flying creatures that circled above. He needed to ask a smart daemon about the book he was seeking. Perhaps there was a version here.

Moving forward to join Ryalda, he circumvented the two headed horse that seemed to be engaged in a dialog with Aden. He paused as he considered asking it about the book, but then thought better of it. He kept an eye on Vale, as she seemed to be in communion with this place. Perhaps she was more powerful that Ryalda and he might need to switch loyalties. All he cared about was getting home and getting some information.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

Those whom Vale had thought were her allies left her. They feared the terrible wings she had been given. When she asked for an example, Vale didn't think she'd be used to exemplify it. She had only wanted these powers as a means to help those under the tyranny of Ryalda's quick temper. Headaching and shivering, she was filled with disappointment and anger.

"Wait, I-I don't want to slay them," she told the voice. "I never would..." Her words faded off.

'Pull yourself together girl,' she thought, giving herself a pep-talk, 'This is isn't like you. You'd never cared for what others thought or did before. You shouldn't have tried to befriend them anyway, since when have people ever done you anything good? Just forget it and move on. Whatever is talking to you may be powerful, so keep your guard up and don't let it take advantage. Perhaps if you tell it no, it'll let you keep the wings and leave you alone. But it doesn't seem that simple. It needs you for something, or else it wouldn't have needed a human to carry out its whims.'

As long as she keep thinking, she would know she was still human.

She looked to Syrawenn and Telnas, "Do you really think me as a terror and enemy? Have you no heart or thought? I thought these would help us, but all you do us return to your dictator, Ryalda," she added solemnly.
"Answer me, why do you side with someone who has already tried to hurt you? Why do you shun me without question? Only-only because of my appearance? Ryalda would allow demons in our world, and I'm trying to stop her. You make me sick."

"Forget them," she told the moth, "I don't need them. They have nothing."
Then a thought occured to her. "Answer me this, why are you in such a hurry? Why do you need me to serve you?"
Last edited by Vale Mira on Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

Pleased with the results of her bargaining as the impish demon whispered its name in her ear, the sorceress nodded her head in acknowledgement and began to follow the minotaurian figure. As they moved foward, her eyes scanning the horizon and even the skies given the surprise of earlier, Ryalda contemplated what she was doing. Could she trust these two? She wouldn't know that until she tried whatever it was they were taking her to. If she couldn't trust them and she died, at least she died trying and not just standing around. Still, if she kept her eyes open, perhaps she could avoid anything deadly.

While she wasn't giving them a great deal of thought, she was still very much aware of those following her. Idly, she wondered if they would have the spine to stay the course or if they would bail out at the first sign of trouble. She suspected the latter but wouldn't know for sure until or unless something happened. If on the other hand, she managed to get them out of this place and back home, she wondered if they might be appreciative enough to owe her a boon. Of course, she had no idea who they were or where they were from and had no desire to reveal her location to any of them. Like as not, they would return to their own homes and she would never see them again. A pity though. There were times when she could have used a favor to call in.
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Post by Zhavon Mikhalrian »

There was so much action, Ryalda attacking Syrawenn, Telnas saying something to her, Aden and his horse... Vale... Vale and her wings. Zhavon stood still and mute throughout this all, observing unobtrusively as the lines were drawn between the formerly united party. It took her some moments to finally make a decision, to take action, to do something other than just stand there. Despite Vale's sudden transformation, she was not afraid, and as it were, the winged girl was not her concern.

Scuttling over the dusty rocks, Zhavon made her way towards Ryalda, likely having little to no chance of actually sneaking up on the woman. Bony, scratched and chilly fingers reached to seize the woman's arm, to at least attract her attention. Vivid, wide green eyes stared up at the sorceress, Zhavon looking less like the wild little girl that fled earlier and a good deal more sure of herself. "Don't you understand the consequences of letting a demon loose on Tazlure? You could get everyone there -killed-!"

Yes, that was Zhavon's greatest fear, and she couldn't just sit idly by while people fled and allowed Ryalda to do this. If the sorceress struck her, it was just a bruise, if she killed Zhavon... at least she went down trying, didn't she? Wasn't that all that mattered?
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn gulped as Vale asked her questions. The woman was right...in a way...despite the wings she had grown. Tentatively she stepped closer to the strange being. "Scuse me, but didn't you notice you suddenly got a pair of suspicious looking wings on yer back?" She tried carefully. "I don't know about you, but usually when people start changing without warning, something really weird is going on...I'll admit I didn't expect you to be...uh...yourself anymore, so sorry for that assumption. I do assume a lot, that's the trouble."

The girl swallowed again and stood up straight. If the woman didn't see reason for them to fear her, she might be right. With 'might' being the operative word. "I ain't gonna be a slave or anything to anyone. I just wanna see how we're gonna get out." She continued, swinging her braid over her shoulder. "Is it so weird I'd walk after someone who has a great big exit-like sign hanging close? It's not like we're gonna have tea together!"

Now she bend over for her last words: "And as for stopping the demons...we were already talking about the same thing. So I guess that puts everyone on one side again. Sorry again about the wing-thing. I'm just an ignoramus. But I'm serious, I'm gonna go with Ryalda and I'll worry about the demons along the way. You coming?"
Dark Whisper
Special Branch

Post by Dark Whisper »

The two-headed pony whinnied to Aden in an impatient gesture.

The voice inside Vale's head ceased with her response. Yet flickers later, a new deeper voice entered her head. Vale, the gods of light have little power here but we can communicate with those pure of heart. You must stop Ryalda. Slay her if you must, but do not let her take demons into the world of light. If she would bring two then she would bring more. Already the fabric is tearing. This place warps the mind of others. Already Telnas and Syrawenn have fallen prey to its seduction. All we can do is give you this wand of light. If you touch another with it, it will dispell the power of evil over them. Hurry, my child! Vale found a gleaming stick in her right hand.

The two daemons kept on leading the way at a plodding pace.

Post by Guest »

"No. There will be no devouring- I summoned you for a reason, and you will tell me exactly what it is you are doing." He felt himself immersing into the role of command reasonably well- although he wasn't sure how to command the creatures well. He followed the two-headed horse, although the mention fo eating did halt him for a bit. "Tell me where it is you are leading me, demon." He tried to be haughty, but more than likely came off as sounding as if he had a rather severe headcold. He only hoped that it would make the prospect of devoruing seem less agreeable to the creatures.
Vale Mira

Post by Vale Mira »

Vale felt the dark wings at her back as Syrawenn reminded her of them. They were smooth and cold and strangely wonderful. "No I noticed," she replied calmly, her anger slowly rising at the girl, "I shall follow only to stop her from releasing those demons to our world. What's the point of returning if it'll soon be destroyed by them?"

As Vale turned away from her, she heard a new deep voice. It was different. Its new words entered her head, with a new message and purpose. Vale felt very confused and said nothing, not wanting to bring any attention to herself. When the wand of light came to being in her hand, she looked around her and made sure no one had see it. It was beautiful, but a stark change from her dark wings. It was ivory white, smooth and all around it were golden decorations.

Yet something didn't make sense to her. This was a new message of light in this land of darkness. It no longer called for her complete servitude, but she feared it was a trick. Why had it shifted its message and tone? It wasn't possible to imitate them, was it? Had the gods been testing her? Holding the wand tighting in both hands, she made up her mind. Time was running out and she had to do something, Ryalda was getting dangerously close to her goal.

Vale said nothing to the others, they could not help her and she doubted they would understand.

Slowly, Vale stretched out her wings preparing to take flight. She hoped her new power didn't need her to practice with them first. Vale lauched herself forward towards Ryalda and the demonic pair.

"Ryalda!" she said fiercly coming towards her. "I cannot allow you to let the demons into our world, they will only destory our world."
Last edited by Vale Mira on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”