OOC: Things you need to know before posting here!

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

OOC: Things you need to know before posting here!

Post by Maeve »

This is not an open forum.

All players posting here have been hauled in by divine intervention. If you didn't get the invitation, then I'm sorry, but you are not part of the Exodus. If you have been grabbed by the gods, and would rather be somewhere else.. sorry, but for reasons IC and OOC that is not possible right now. You are, however, free to try and leave IC.

This IS a moderatored forum. Your headmod is GM Ashari, aided by ever faithful AGM Jadmai. Many other mods and even supporters will be intervening as well.

Have fun!
Last edited by Maeve on Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Baldwin You'san

Post by Baldwin You'san »

:o soo... What was OOC reason of why we are here? If you don't mind being asked.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

A couple of reasons... we want to see what happens when we let a group of players built a city from scrap, we want the players to enjoy the interaction with each other, and we could use the time out on the elvish locations so that we have some time behind the scenes for development. All in all, enough for us to go on this course :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Not to mention that we wanted to see if the wise & ancient elves could save the planet! :)

Oh wait.. that is an IC reason...... :-k

:D
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Baldwin You'san

Post by Baldwin You'san »

So, what'd happen if one elf left? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

You are welcome to try. ;)

Remember though.. IC actions have IC consequences and your character is no longer in the friendly forests of home but in a hostile desert where he is much more likely to bump into foes as opposed to friends. Make sure you are prepared to face dire circumstances and possibly even death.

:D
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I split of the rest of this thread so that we can keep the focus on several of the standing rules that govern all of Tazlure as well as the Oasis.

Character Death
Most players don't want their character to die. Yet the risk of (near) death of your character and the tension it creates is part of what makes role playing interesting. So character death is a viable option in Tazlure. However it will never be done lightly. There are several reasons why a Moderator might decide to let your character die.

[..snip..]

2. You and the Moderator have both agreed that death is the most appropriate course of action for your character. This maybe for plotline reasons, or because you want to start a new character. Please note that deliberately killing off your character just to start a new one without consulting a Moderator will be considered bad role playing for lack of stamina and patience and maybe reason to ask you to leave the game. If your character is killed for plotline reasons you and the Moderator might reach an agreement about starting your new character with an advantage. In general you are allowed to take two skilladvances in the same category with you.

3. You take a deliberate risk with your character for various reasons. It may be worth the risk (everlasting fame, incredible riches), it is for a good cause, in line with your character motivation etc. etc. But by doing so you know you might just die. A Moderator will try to be clear IC about this risk, but will apply our rule IC actions have IC consequences.

There can be no PC death without the coordination of a Moderator. If you seek another PC's death by open duel or secret assassination without contacting a Moderator first you will be considered a Power Gamer, impeding on the fun of others in the game.

Already, some PC's in the Oasis have died. It is my duty to inform you that while we will always give you at least one IC chance to survive a life or death situation, our current estimate of the way things are going is that more of the PC's in the Oasis might die as they fail their quest.

Now I know that not all of you are happy that existing plotlines were interrupted and all the PC's of the elvish locations were lumped together. There were OOC reasons that necessiated the closure of Elvish locations and we sought to bring you something new and exciting at the same time. We have apologized for the inconvenience, and remain aware of the hardship it has brought.

However, right now the Oasis is a fact and your PC needs to deal with it, and deal with it wisely. There are some very important IC plotlines going on in the Oasis, that will have an effect all over Tazlure. Remember that we have two important guidelines:
1. IC Actions Have IC Consequences. This is applied ruthlessly. The logic of plotlines is followed, and your PC may not have many chances to redeem him or herself.
2. This is Fantasy not Fairy Tale. The Oasis is part of our central theme Darkness Rising. As such it isn't an easy D&Dish plotline were the heroes always prevail. We have contingency plans for the fact the heroes might fail, plunging Tazlure off the deep end.

Right now, it is difficult for some people to keep up. Hyperposters are thrown together with slower more thoughtful posters and it has caused confusion more than once. We are aware of the limitations this has placed on the performance of the individual characters. Now, the above quotes of the rules doesn't mean something will yet again be enforced upon the PC's or that everybody will die. You will have alternatives, things you can do to get out alive, or even to accomplish the quest. All plotlines in Tazlure are full of twists and turns and much depends on the PC's.

We just want to be absolutely clear about the risks both to Tazlure, and to the PC's involved :)

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”