University of Magick - Entrance Thread

Moderator: Mods

Dianissiya E'Dorian

Post by Dianissiya E'Dorian »

Sam 28th. Early TT

Dory headed for the university straight from the decks. The very begging of her long stay here didn't exactly leave the best impression. And the people around here were odd, not like in Dort or Kislovan. Perhaps it was because of all those humans? But Dort also had a lot of that population.

But what did she expect? This was a whole new different place to explore and she did want a bit of adventure didn't she?

The young adhiel walked up the steps simple unable to look under her feet, she was to busy admiring the towers. It was all exactly like her uncle told her!

Ettvinuel E'Lendor was once a professor here...as well as a few other places. Oh all the places he's lived in! dory only hoped she would be able to do the same. She only wondered if he remembered to send that letter he promised ...about taking her in to study and everything. He said he did though. She also wondered weather or not there was anybody around who remembered him? Unfortunately humans had such short lives...But maybe there were some old adhiel professors around or something?

Dory entered the university and looked around for someone to ask directions. She wasn't exactly sure what her actions should be. But as her uncle always said :actions first - thinking later.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

In the middle of one wall of the grand Hall of Ages sat a wooden desk. Behind the desk, a old thin man waited to direct and guide those that step into his domain. He was aware of her entry long before her sight-seeing eyes found the plain desk among the opulence and imagery of the Hall.

"Good tide to you, Miss." The registrar greeted her. A wave of his hand caused a scroll on his desk to unroll and and second gesture made a quill hop into an inkwell and await further instructions. "What do you seek here in the University?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Dianissiya E'Dorian

Dory jogged over to the desk, and almost tripped over her long skirts being slightly off balance because of her large back pack. But once more she managed to keep on her feet.

She smiled at the old man and replied while dropping her heavy load of luggage to the floor.

" Good Tide sir! My name is Dianissiya E'Dorian and I seek to study here." said Dory still smiling. It took her a few moments to really restore her breath though, and that adhiel accent could be herd even then.

" My uncle..um great uncle Ettvinuel E'Lendor, used to be a professor here...quite some time ago though. And he promised to send a letter about my arrival."

"OH PLEASE SAY HE DID! PLEASE SAY HE DID! please!!!" she thought.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The quill leapt from the inkwell and began to skritch its way along the parchment. It wrote her name at the top and underneath it wrote, Legacy of Professor Emeritus E'Lendor.

"Yes he did, Miss E'Dorian." The registrar nodded. "As per usual it was long and digressed on several occasions into esoteric musings but we did know to expect your arrival." The quill stopped writing and awaited the next exchange.

"Have you given any thought as to the area of magic you wish to study?" The registrar inquired. "Your great uncle specialized in magics of light and darkness during his time here if I recall correctly. Do you intend to follow in his steps?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Dianissiya E'Dorian

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU . Couldn't have dreamed of anything better!.....- thought Dory. Now she would have to remember to write back to her uncle this evening. But she rarely let such things slip her mind.

She watched the quill most amazed. Her uncle rarely "waisted time" on such things. "Magic is a powerful and dangerous art, and not something meant for little girls entertainment." he would usually say. That was also about the reason he never thought her any tricks.
The quill moved swiftly writing down her name and something that she couldn't quite understand... Legacy of Professor Emeritus E'Lendor.
Not that the name Emeritus didn't sound slightly familiar, but the did have quite a few relatives and Dory couldn't really remember all those names.

The old man mentioned something about esoteric musings, what was very much like Ettvinuel. He always had the habit of letting his thoughts drift and thinking out loud, it just seemed it was the same on paper.
A question that followed seemed to quickly snap Dory back from her own thought-drifting.

" Why yes. precisely my intention." replied Dory at once. Of corse she had considered other possibilities, but when you grow up hearing stories of his studies and travels for bed time, well other opinions simply step aside. " And you sir, did you know him?" she asked curiously, but couldn't help looking back the sign. No, she was quite sure her uncle never mentioned anything about it.

" And may I ask?..." she started carefully. " ...Well, under my name the quill wrote Legacy of Professor Emeritus E'Lendor."

She looked at the old man. With her brows lifted slightly, there was a note of surprise on her face.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Yes, I knew him during his tenure here." The registrar replied. "As much as any doorkeeper would know those that used his doors." The registrar was content to leave it at that and said nothing more until Dory asked about what was written on the scroll.

"The words have a dual meaning." The registrar informed her. "You are his legacy you see. In respect for the service he gave this Univeristy, the next of his lineage to train here does so without need for payment. However, there is also a true legacy here. The professor left behind some items when he parted company and has not seen fit to retrieve them. In time, they may be turned over to you."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Dianissiya E'Dorian

" Intriguing." said Dory thoughtfully. " But knowing him, it might as well be something he just forgot off. I'll be sure to wright to him about it. So thank you for letting me know, sir."

Yes, she'd do it first thing as soon as she find's a place to actually sit down and write.

The fact that she wouldn't have to pay for her study was also a pleasant surprise. A very pleasant and very mutch a surprise! Dory only wondered why in the world uncle Ettv never said a thing about it. But then she guessed, that it might have really ben a test to see if magic was really her calling. He'd always ben so terribly serious about it.

" Anything else I might need to do?" she asked with a smile.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Perhaps your letter will move him to action where our missives failed." The registrar sounded unconvinced but appreciated the thought. "You will still need to be evaluated for entry." The registrar hesitated for a moment then double checked a scroll on his desk.

A wave of his hand caused the scroll to roll up and a second wave brought forth a pale orb of white light. "Follow the light miss. It will lead you Professor Thran for evaluation. Good fortune."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Dianissiya E'Dorian

The scroll folded up and a white orb appeared out of thin air....

"Will I be able to do that?" thought the young adhiel.

" Professor Thran for evaluation." she repeated thoughtfully trying to remember the name. The last thing she wanted to do was forget a name here.

" Thank you sir! And best of luck to you too. Good tide." Dory smiled widely, picked up her heavy back pack and was off to chase that orb.

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”