The Oaken Gates to the Citadel

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

"Is it now?" The guard glanced at the gate, then looked back at Sabrina. "Yeah, makes me want to get to my knees and weep out of joy everytime I have to come out here and stand for marks taking up names of people who lose it when they see it." She looked at the tablet.

"So, want to stand there and marvel the gate some more, or are you going to tell me who, where and why?"
Sabrina Draper

Post by Sabrina Draper »

Sabrina rolled her eyes, about the make an indignant comment, then realizing it would be better if she just humored the guard.

"I'm Sabrina Draper from Dort-the city, mind you, not the countryside-here to study at the University of Magick," she proclaimed.

Post by Guest »

"The University?" The female guard put the information down on the tablet, then looked back up at Sabrina. "Didn't know they got a nanny in there. Open your bags, I need to go through your belongings before we can let you in to the city." There was an attractive woman talking with the other guard, this one a much younger male, with the woman giggling from time to time. The female guard sighed as she glanced at the pair.
Sabrina Draper

Post by Sabrina Draper »

Sabrina followed the guard's gaze and flashed an annoying grin. "I'm mature enough to know that if he likes someone like her, he's probably not your type." She opened up her backpack and purse as instructed, still watching to pair. "He is kind of cute, though."

Post by Guest »

The female guard looked at a look on her face which was torn between bursting out in laugher or tear Sabrina to shreds. It wasn't an easy look to imagine.

"Well, good that you're mature enough to know that. Perhaps next you'll be able to see the difference between someone being annoyed about somebody not doing their job and someone pining over a boy young enough to be her son." She started going through Sabrina's belongings, then stood back up.

"You can put them away now. Know where the University is?"
Sabrina Draper

Post by Sabrina Draper »

Sabrina went beet red, furious at herself. So much for the "emotionally intelligent" act.

"No, but, I've got some friends who can, um, show me the way," she lied, still blushing as she briskly packed up her bags. Sabrina figured it would be best to make her getaway before she humiliated herself more.

She grabbed her bags and started to walk away, then stopped and looked at the older guard again. "Umm... I can go now, right?"

Post by Guest »

The female guard didn't look at Sabrina, instead she seemed to be writing down something, while mumbling somethign Sabrina couldn't understand. Finally she looked back at Sabrina.

"You're cleared, just a few things you need to listen first." The stern look was back on her face. "First of all that 'I'm so cute' might be a real hoot with the turnip farmers, but here it's just a big bullseye over your head. You need to get that or you're going to get hurt." She extended her hand towards Sabrina, a piece of parchment between the fingers. "Second, there's the rough directions to the University, I expect you know your letters. Just in case you're friends get the directions wrong."
Sabrina Draper

Post by Sabrina Draper »

Sabrina stuffed the parchment into her backpack. "But I am cute..." she muttered, dejected. Inwardly she was relieved that the guard had (mostly) seen through her lie. It was probably the nicest thing the older woman had done for her. Still, Sabrina couldn't help disliking her immensely.

"Well... thanks a lot. It was nice meeting you." The young woman flashed another garrulous smile and stepped through the gate, preparing herself for her first few glimpses of Citadel.

Post by Guest »

Sling his pack over his back, Kelsyk trudged down the road into sight of the Citadel. Wow, its huge
Reaching back he made sure every thing was on, before walking up towards the main gate. Nervously, he glanced around seeing if anyone was paying much attention to him. See no one, his confidence went up a bit. Wait, what am I so worried about, its not like I've done anything wrong.. Never the less he pulled his cloak a bit tighter around himself.
As he walked, his mind went back to the empty hole inside him. What had he lost, of a week before he remembered nothing. All he had of before, was the clothes he wore, what was in his pack, and his two daggers. Reaching the gate he looked around, seeing some guards sitting at a table he headed over.
“Uh, hello. My name is,” what is my name, uh just go with whatever comes to mind first, so, “Kelsyk, my name is Kelsyk. I'am looking for something, well someone.”
Last edited by Guest on Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest »

A young male guard looked up at Kelsyk, a puzzled expression on his face. He seemed to look for some sort of help from the other guard, an older female one, but she was too busy talking with a pair of young women.

"Alright." It was clear the man didn't know what to say exactly. "That was the name part. I still need where you're from and-" He scracthed his head. "I don't know if looking for someone is exactly the reason we seek. Who are you looking for?"

Post by Guest »

"I, um, I don't really know why I am here."
Why am I here? Great what am I going to say now. That I lost my memory and something just told to come here, like he will believe that
"I am looking for myself. Well actually I am looking for my past. You see I don't remember anything, all I have is what I am carrying." Looking at the guard Kelsyk desperately hoped that he would him. Glancing around he tried to think of anything else to tell her about himself.
"The furthest back I remember is about a week. Before that it's just emptiness. I don't even remember why I came here."

Post by Guest »

The male guard just stared Kelsyk for what seemed ages, his mouth opening and closing as he desperately sought something to say. The female guard seemed to be finishing with the pair of women and the moment they moved away, the male guard looked at her.

"Salira, coul-"

"Forget it, Elgar. He's all yours." The female guard looked at the queu lined in front of the gate. "Next." The male guard looked down, before finally returning his eyes to Kelsyk.

"Um, I don't exactly know if- what- that sounds bad." He bit his lower lip. "Listen, I don't think there's anything I can do about that, I mean I haven't heard something like that before, so why don't I put it down that you're here to see some doctor or something. Any idea where you're from? From speech and such?"

Post by Guest »

As Kelsyk listen his mood slightly improved.
At least she believes me and doesn't think I am some kind of criminal
"Thanks for every thing." Pausing slightly he looks the guard in the eye. "Well I do remember something of before. I remember being close to water. Everything else is mostly flashes and feeling. There's something about a forge or blacksmith. Mabye here I'll remember some more. Thanks again for .. well thanks."
Adjusting his pack, he got ready to leave. "Oh, is there any paper work of forms I need to fill out before I can go?'

Post by Guest »

Again, the male guard could only stare at Kelsyk, still having difficulties finding the words.

"I don't know if we accept place by the water, how about if-"

"He's from Muchislie." The female guard didn't even look at them as she spoke. The younger male guard looked at her with a surprised look on his face.

"You're certain."

"Of course, listen to him talk. Now, if you don't mind, I have people here too." The male guard looked back at Kelsyk.

"Well, I'll put you to be from Muchislie. And no need to thank, I don't know if I did anything deserving it." He cleared his throat. "I need to go through your belongings now. If you could open your backpack."

Post by Guest »

"Ah my possessions, okay, Everything I own is with me right here. The clothes and things in my pack, and the clothes on my back. Here you go"
Kelsyk slung his pack off his back and handed it over to the guard. He sighed slightly with relief of getting the weight off his shoulders.
"Oh, and here are my daggers. That's all I have with me or other wise. The only other thins I have are the clothes on my back. Unless you want me to take them off and hand them over as well. Anything else, any forms I have to fill out or anything?"

Post by Guest »

The male guard carefully went through Kelsyk's belonging, then took a step back.

"No, there's no papers to fill. Keep your daggers in the sheath inside, the guard's don't look well upon open blades." He glanced once more at the female guard, then finally sighed. "You can enter."

Post by Guest »

"Thanks for the advice"
Swinging his pack back onto his back, Kelsyk started to turn away towards the doors. Stopping he turned a slightly frown on his face. He opened his mouth once then closed it struggle for words.
I need to say something else, but what
"Uh, thanks for your help, and thanks for believing me. I does mean something to me. Well goodbye."
Turning back he headed off towards the gates.
Now what? I am about to enter the city, and I don't even know why I am here. Nothing I can do about it now.
Alexathe N'drine

Post by Alexathe N'drine »

Alexathe shouldered her pack and made for the large wooden gates that loomed in front of her. Being from World's Mouth, she was not easily awed, and she approached the guards who stood stationed in front of the gates with a pleasant expression on her neat, catlike features. "Hello," she said. "My name's Alexathe N'drine, from World's Mouth. I'm here to study at the University." That said, she unslung her pack and held it outstretched. "I assume you'll have to take a look inside this relic," she remarked with a wry smile stretching her features.

Post by Guest »

The older female guard gave a tired look at Alexathe and sighed.

"And another one headed for the university." She took the bag and went through it quickly. "All seems clear." She marked something on the tablet she was holding. "You know how to get there?"
Alexathe N'drine

Alexa took her pack and fixed it over her shoulder. "No, I'm afraid not. This is my first time in the Citadel." She pushed her short black hair behind her ears and waited for the guard's reply.

Post by Guest »

The guard shook her head once more, then wrote something on a piece of parchment, handing it to Alexathe.

"Follow this and you should get there. Don't recommend starting to wonder, it's a big city and easy to get lost. If there's nothing else, you're free to enter the city."
Alexathe N'drine

Lexa took the piece of paper, nodding her thanks. "Thank you very much," she said, and set off for the University.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: This thread is now claimed for the Modding Seminar. Please welcome Dan who will cover any new PC's that arrive.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Salariel Nimuni

Post by Salariel Nimuni »

Salariel Nimuni stepped towards the Oaken Gates of the Citadel, excited that after so many years she would finally be able to achieve her dream of joining the famous Red Rose Guild. She smoothed down her fine red silk dress and put a hand to her luxurious raven curls which shined in the sun. She could smell the city already, with its scent of adventure. Her beauty made everyone in the area look over at her, and the handsome guard winked.

Salariel had greatly enjoyed her journey on the ship from Muchislie, even though there had been a terrible storm which had nearly seen one of the sailors thrown overboard. She ran her fingers over her good luck charm, a necklace given to her by her grandmother that magically kept her safe in times of danger.

"Excuse me," she said to the guard with a sparkling smile that would make any man fall for her straight away. "I'm new here. I was wondering if you could help me?"
Morg

Post by Morg »

Morgan brushed a few beads of sweat from his forehead, adjusting his brimmed hat so that it offered him better protection from the sun. The pale skinned Dortenese burned easily; he tried to avoid sunlight, despite the years he'd spent out in the fields of his home island.

Another thing he'd try to avoid in future, he decided, was sea travel. He hadn't been sick on the journey, but he'd come close. He hadn't been able to settle in his cabin and had had very little sleep. Eventually he'd annoyed the ship's crew with his incessant loping around on the upper deck.

Now it was over, though, and his stomach was settled. Allowing himself a brief glance up at the massive gates, he smiled broadly at the thought of the world of knowledge that was surely contained within.

He stepped back into line with the others jostling to pass through the gate, waiting lazily behind a small young woman who, he noticed, had beautiful black hair.

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”