Passageway to Taloh Tel'Amrun (Entrance Gates)

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Velid T'port

Post by Velid T'port »

Velid took the map and bowed slightly. "Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle" Then he took a look at the map and walked off towards the Palace Gates.
Phaenna Rolichain

Post by Phaenna Rolichain »

The path ended suddenly in a small clearing, and Phaenna was almost blinded by a flash of light. Taking a deep, soothing breath, trying to relax, she lowered her bow and removed the nocked arrow. It wouldn't do to come into the city aiming a weapon at the first person she saw. She glanced back quickly, shivering at the sight of the dark passageway behind her.

"Guard?" she called out, taking a step forward. "Is there anyone here?"
cyren

Post by cyren »

The guard appoached with hand on the hilt of his sword. When he sees her lower her bow and put the arrow back in her quiver he rests his hand near the sword.

"Vedui' cousin, what brings you to our fair city?" He asked, "Tell me did you come across others on their way here or any Orcs?"
Last edited by cyren on Sat May 10, 2003 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phaenna Rolichain

"Vedui'," Phaenna replied, glancing backwards once again. "I apologize for entering the city with a weapon in my hand, but I saw signs of a struggle less than a candlemark ago." She gestured back at the passageway behind her. "If there are Orcs around, I did not wish to be caught off guard.

"As for your other question, I have come here hoping to train as an Emerald Guard." She unconsciously straightened her back and squared her shoulders, meeting the guard's eyes defiantly - half elves were accepted in the Guards, she knew they were.
Last edited by Phaenna Rolichain on Sat May 10, 2003 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyren

Post by cyren »

The guard found the half elf strangely attractive and wanted nothing more than to stay and converse with her more. But as she had pointed out that there were signs of a struggle close by he begged her wait and left to check it out.

Upon his return he smiled warmly at her and told her that there wasn’t a struggle that it was only the tracks of someone who had obviously dropped their pack a couple of times and then regained themselves and went on. He told her that he remembered such a person who had just passed through the gates.

“You wish to join the Emerald Guard do you? Well with such an observation as you have just made you will be an asset.”

While he spoke he wrote out a pass for her. He handed it to her and said, “Take this to the Palace Gates and they will guide you from there.”
Phaenna Rolichain

Phaenna blushed when the guard told her there had been no struggle - What a stupid mistake to make! Well, I never claimed to be an expert tracker - and then blushed further when he complimented her observation skills. Hopefully, her skin tone would prevent it from showing too much.

"Diola lle," she said, accepting the pass he handed her and flashing a smile. "I'm off, then. Wish me luck, cousin!" And she headed towards the twin towers she could see even from here.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

OOC: First post - 2nd PC

IC: Syrian checked his belongings and made little adjustments here and there to his pack. He adjusted the straps on his backpack a dozen times before giving up to the resolution that he was simply nervous, and there was really no way to overcome it except to enter the city and get on with it. He had waited for this moment for some time, and now that the moment was finally here, he was unsure if he had the courage to carry it out.
Bitter memories flashed through his head. Ghostly images of pain and terror. Those ghosts would not win out, he was determined to wash them away forever. He gritted his teeth against the fear that he was destined to fail, just like his mother. He checked his belt, and felt the reassuring hilt of his dagger and stepped through.
The familiar flash of light, a moment of disorientation, and he stared at the city again. Syiran knew they would taunt and tease, insult and abuse. He was obsessed with surpassing those expectations of failure. He took a hesistating step before beginning to walk in earnest into the city.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

The guard watched as the stranger approached, his eyes shifting slightly in the glare of the sun. Appraising the stranger intensely, he moved forward, blocking the way through. "Halt please....state your buisness, duration of stay and name....", his hand rested naturally on the hilt of his sword, as a finger traced the small carving on it.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

"Aaye Good sir. My name is Syriandamaskrynnar and I have come to the city in hopes of joining the ranks of the Emerald Guard."

Syrian took a deep breath. There was no going back now.
Darius Silverfyre

Post by Darius Silverfyre »

Darius looked behind him, his blue eyes scanning any travellers as well as the scenery. The elf let out a small breath of relief, right now it did not seem like he was being pursued. It took much to frighten Silverfyre, but if anyone could do it, it would be his potential hunters. The assassin turned to face the gates, hopefully the city would provide the means of his salvation.

His calm face returned, and Darius altered the pack on his back to a slightly more comfortable position. He checked the blade at his hip and walked with a deadly and fluid grace, that he was not conciously aware of. He approached the gates and nodded at the guard. "Greetings, I am Darius Silverfyre, a traveller interested in seeing the greatest city in my homeland."
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

"Emerald Guard eh? Interesting.....tough going that is.....are you sure you got what it takes?", The guard appraised the stranger for but a heart beat, a soft smirk twitching across his sun kissed face. "Very well, you may enter.......", he walked back to his post, taking his time in writing something. Returning to Syriandamaskrynnar, he held out the pass. "Take this to the Palace Gates, you'll be told what to do from there....", the Guard gave a curt bow, "Good luck......you're gonna need it."

Turning with a slight smile, his gaze rested on Darius Silverfyre, the smile vanished. "Fancy name that is.....state yer buisness within the city then.", a quick glance to the strangers hip, and his confident, easy walk, the gaurd's scowl darkend. "Seen any Orcs around these parts on yer travels?, there's been plenty talk of them.....and the spies they use....", the last was a wide stretch of the truth.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Syrian took the pass, thanked the guard, and moved down the path towards the Palace.

OOC: Thanks Ashtallion!
Darius Silverfyre

Darius' face turned cold at the mention of orcs. "Fortunate for them I have not seen any. I do not tolerate the idea of their diseased feet on our blessed ground. As for spies, I have not seen any that I would recognize to be one." The elf shrugged at this comment, not wanting to give away too much of his knowledge.

"As for my business in the city, I was hoping of taking up residence here. I am more at ease in a city surrounded by fellow elves as oppossed to the wilderness where you have to sleep with one eye open." The assassin tried to smile as disarmingly as possible.

If the guard did not let him in Darius knew it would only be a small time before his captors caught up to him again. Unconciously he tilted his head to look over his shoulder behind him. His blue eyes then returned to the guards face.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

A brash bark of laughter escaped his lips. Still chuckling. "Very well.....you may pass through....but be warned, trouble is not welcomed behind these gates, be sure you are not one to start it my friend..", the gaurd turned sharply, allowing Darius to pass by him and enter the city.
Darius Silverfyre

Darius nodded. "I rarely start the trouble, I do end up usually finishing it though." The elf moved past the guard and headed into the city, he would have to be careful. He knew his race was astute despite what others may think of them, and he did not feel like lying in a prison waiting for his neck to be sliced.
Arafaya

Post by Arafaya »

Drenched with sweat, Arafaya finally stopped and caught his breath. Kinowing what lay ahead of him he calmy breathed and calmy began walking towards the entrance to the city, hoping that there would be no trouble.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Another one eh?, the guard stepped forward, eyes narrowing. "Halt stranger.....what buisness do you have within the city?", the wind swept passed gently, bringing some relief to warmed skin.
Arafaya

Post by Arafaya »

Arafaya looked perfectly calm, yet on the inside he was filled with doubts. he intrepidly said, "I have come here in search of food and work."
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

"Tis that all......", his graceful eyes judged the stranger from head to toes and back again. "Very well then, you may pass....be aware though that trouble is not wanted within the city walls, take heed of such and you will be fine....", his head bowed curtly, as the gaurd stood back and returned to his post, allowing Arafaya to pass through.
Arafaya

Post by Arafaya »

Arafaya breathed a heavy sigh of relief, yet silenced it the second he came within close quarters of the guard. He continued walking directly into the city, where he was to begin his new life.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”