Jadmai in the City ~ Time unknown

Moderator: Mods

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

"No," Jadmai said talking of the centaurs, "they are not overly large. Just feirce, like you said earlier, size doesn't determine ones ability to fight."

Jadmai gazed towards the outlines of the women, "No, looking is just fine. Woman are treated very well in Gulanadur. They hold most the positions of power in the average to the noble houses, though I suppose you might know that from your reading."

"I think I would like to see a bit more. I wanted to visit a nice place, just because I haven't done so before, but now I think I would like to get back to what I am used to. Any place where a bar brawl is likely to break out, those are good fun to watch...though I suppose you might have to break it up. But yes, something like that, and then back to the palace. If I am to get an audience with Rafaso I would like to be well rested. So, if you're going to ruin a good bar brawl, then I will take my leave back to palace."
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Yes, I had read that they are major influences in the government and even in the day to day life." The guard paused a moment and looked at Jadmai almost bashfully. "I know it may seem all I know I only know from reading, but that isn't the case. I've seen plenty in the yahren I've lived, I just haven't really travelled. Someday though..." He trailed off.

"Someday I'm going to work as an embassador for Amun Rah. Then I won't have to learn from the books. I'll say 'well, when I was in Gulanadur I saw that the women were in power'. Yup, that's how it'll be." He nodded.

"Hmm.. yes, I'm afraid I would have to break up any kind of brawl, I'm sorry, comes with the job. If I weren't in uniform it might be a different story, but people look to the Rafao's guardsman to keep the order in the city. I have to do it." He shrugged.

"So, I guess heading back to the palace might be the best idea, hmm?"
Last edited by Ashari on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

"Yes, back to the palace. I suppose one can only have so much fun with guard meant to to keep the peace." Jadmai said with a wry smile then finished the rest of drink and headed towards the door.

As they exited Jadmai stopped, "An ambassador to Gulanadur. Huh. I was thinking that part of my payment back to the Rafaso would offer to be an ambassdor for this land. Of course...I'm not highly educated in it, but one would be hard pressed to find the one of my kind who have spent the time here...or many places outside of our city-kingdom."

"Perhaps, some day we'll work together." Jadmai said light-heartedly and with a shrug.

Jadmai then looked around, "Yes, I think I got all turned about, you'll have to guide me back."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Hey! I can be fun, just not so much in the uniform." He grinned. "Next time we go out I'm going plain-clothes."

"Well, to be honest, I don't even care where I'm an embassador to. It just seems like an interesting job. Of all the places in Tazlure, I would definately say Gulanadur would be an intriguing one." He followed behind Jadmai as he stepped out the door.

"Ah, lost, and you're heading to the easiest place to find around." He grinned. "Abu`Sahir is like a straight line. Everything important is in one area, all lined up north to south. The palace..." He poined down the road. "is at the height of the northern tip." And there, where he motioned, the gleaming height of the Palace of the Desert King, as it was known by many outsiders, could be seen, a gem of magnificent size sparkled at the pinacle of the building, setting it apart from anything Jad had ever seen.

"Come on then." The guard set off, heading down the road until they met with the golden path, used only by the Rafao, at which point the guard took to the right hand side and lead Jad into the impressive palace once again. The had been out for a few marks, but there was still much time in the evening. "Will you be retiring to your room?" The guardsman asked. "I can show you up to it, if you like."

There was a buzzing of activity among the guards in the palace, there were many more in the open entrance foyer than there had been when he had come in last time. Jadmai's bodyguard immediately picked up on this, and was watching the men keenly, and trying to pay attention to Jadm's response as well.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai shook his head slightly, and took off his blindfold like a fool. It was dark out, he didn't need the damn thing on, but part of surface life was remembering when to take the silly thing off.

Once he did he listened and watched as he was directed, and trying not to feel too stupid and he noticed that it was incredibly obvious once he unveiled himself.

"Yes, I do suppose that is quite easy." He said slowly he eyes on the ground, trying not to laugh as his own sillyness.

As they way there way back Jadmai noticed the hieghtened amount of buzz, and decided not to go back to his room.

It would take a lot of lashings for someone to bleed to death, right? She was hurt, but not that bad.

"Something seems...different." Jadmai meant to fill the guards name in after he rationalized about Parmina, but realized he didn't know it. "I don't think I want to head back to my room just yet, something seems to be a buzz. I think it's best if I stay by you."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Yes.. something is quite different." The guard replied slowly, not taking his eyes off his comrades. "If you're coming along then you don't leave my sight." He replied demandingly before stepping forward.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked the group in a quiet tone, not wanting to draw too much attention.

"There has been a capture, of great importance to the Rafao," A very young and inexperienced looking guard stated. "Some girl is down in a cell, with a male accomplice. Aparrently she had escaped and was hiding thanks to him. I'm not sure about the details yet though. You should go to the dungeon." He reported sheepishly. "I also heard.." He almost didn't continue. "That it was one of the priests that actually gave the order to make the arrest, and that the Rafao merely nodded his assent." He shrugged at this point.

Jadmai's guard looked at him and nodded. "Alright, thank you." He turned to Jad. "Well, seems like some business with a person against the crown. Man.. I don't think I've ever seen a woman in a cell in the Rafao's dungeon." He shook his head. "Seems unecessary. She must've done something quite bad." He crossed his arms and thought a moment. "Perhaps I should go downstairs then. Are you up for a journey into our dungeon? Or would you rather return to your room?"
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai could afford to look shock and didn't need to act like it, this of course was not what he was expecting to hear. He reasoned that the girl was probably Parmina, these seemed the type of place where the description of a person starts with sex and not race.

"No, no, I think I would like to see the dungeon." Jadmai let out a tense sigh. "Needless to say I am paranoid about my own safety. You probably know that my race teaches itself it is unwelcome on the surface. So, I would like to see these criminals--or possible criminals, if I am going to be staying here. I don't like the idea that one could escape and walk right past me without my knowledge."

Jadmai nodded to himself, "Yes, I will go with you. And offer any service I can, in respect for the hospitality I have recieved."

Jadmai tried to smile, "Besides, it's a dungeon, I'm sure it's got a similar feel to Gulanadur."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Yes, it is a dark place, but I'm sure a different atmosphere, no matter how uninviting Gulanadur may seem to outsiders I'll bet your people feel safe there. No one feels safe in the dungeon."

And with that the guard started walking through the main hall. He took several turns and then found himself at an impressive door, heavy and wood with no way to see inside. From his belt-loop he pulled a key ring, housing many different keys, and picked one and then placed it into the large locking mechanism. There was a loud click and then the door swung easily upon it's hinges, making not a single sound.

Quickly the military man stepped into the opening and allowed Jad to follow before locking them inside. A looming set of stairs, very different from the ones that had lead up to the room of Anasis, sank deeply into the Amunic soil. They went down for a total of three flights before reaching an open room that was biting in it's cold. "Some say the Rafao imports Trothguardian air." He winked and stepped forward to where a clerk at a desk sat. "I was told of a female prisoner as well as an accomplice of some kind?" He asked.

The male clerk nodded. "Yes sir, the cells five and six were where they were held. They've been taken into the questioning room. Will the adhiel be joining you?" He questioned.

"Of course he will." The guard looked over to his charge for a flicker. "He is an ambassador for Gulanadur, and would like to see how we deal our justice."

"Yes sir. Please go ahead into the chamber then." The clerk felt squimish around the dark adhiel, but that was because he had been told stories of their calculating evil, cast-aside by the gods themselves and hidden away. The clerk was not a fan.

Looking to the right, the guard walked onward and his hand hoovered over the door. "This is your last chance to back out, my dark friend." He whispered.

OOC:
This will be the end of this thread, chose whether or not to follow into the questioning room or to take your chances finding your own room. I will create a new thread dependent of your response. I will try to skill this soon, but I make no promises.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai nodded when he was mentioned as the ambassador of Gulanadur, and tried to look a little important. He gave a slight nod, said 'greeting' in elven and pretended to barely noticed the man.

He was breifly aware of his clothes, leather britches and armor. Inwardly he sighed and he had to hold himself from shaking his head.

I really need to buy some better clothes.

After passing the clerk, Jadmai murmered to the guard, "Perhaps this is too much relief from this island's heat." He said about the cold.

As they approached the door, Jadmai nodded, "As I said I wish to see the place, after that if you want my help in questioning, I will be happy to oblige. Perhaps a dark elf babbling in elven could confuse someone enough to spring the truth." He was still cracking slight jokes. But at this point, he was almost more worried about the other man that was imprisioned, for he was probably done so at Jadmai's expense. "But, after I see the cells, and I am not needed, I will retire."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Jad's Skills

Language: Common + ****
^Hiding/Camoflague [Urban]: Basic
Reparte: + **
^Creating Lyrics: Basic
^Singing: basic
^Immitatating Voices: basic
^Throwing weapons: Basic + *
Smaller Blades: + **
Arobatics/Tumbling: Basic/ +*
^Murder
Story Telling: +*
^Healing [non-magical]: basic
Con Artist: +*
Resolve: +**

Skilled: May 24 05

If you have any questions/comments: PM me. (Skills with a ^ next to them signify a new skill.)

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”