Engagement Dinner OOC:

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Just a heads up that starting today I've taken over the coordination of this thread in agreement with Shae and Twilight . Shae will still be doing certain NPC's, as well as particular events. Other moderators are asked to keep an eye on the plotting thread and please PM me over any goals your NPC is trying to accomplish so I can maintain a complete overview. Please only introduce NPC's not in the plotting thread if we have touched base on this.

A note for players: I'll be checking this thread at least every other day, but may refrain from posting till a reasonable amount of action/posting has occured :)

*rubs hands in glee* let the fun begin!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Post by Zhavon Mikhalrian »

*Laughs.* Nice call Maeve, on the dinner thread. ;)

Poor Zhav's been nervouse enough as it is without having to remind the Master of Protocol that his pages are trying to nibble on dinner. She's likely to get flamed now and she didn't even want to sit down. That's awesome. XD
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Andolin already posted that he found it odd that his pages were acting as guests. Yet, he was hoping it was because they might be gathering some intelligence for him.

While he might give them a hard time, I am also mindful as a player that it is no fun to just stand around and wait for a message to be delivered. As such, I think it would be better from a game standpoint to let them sit and interact with others. ;) I know I should not let this become a factor (heaven forbid that a Blackguard like me want to see other players have more fun), but I'll risk incurring the Dragon's wrath to help move along the thread and have the other players have more fun.

I will post when Lord Veresh responds to Andolin's introduction.
Last edited by Andolin on Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I'm told the mod concerned will post shortly :)

Hehehe.. and its up to you, IC actions have IC consequences after all, but what ever happened without pushing your luck?
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

I gather the poetry contest will start real soon. I'll be out of town for a few days for a wedding, so I'm quite sure Elaine will NOT want to go first :)

I'll be back on sunday :)
Last edited by Elaine on Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

BTW, I am awaiting Moderator word that Andi recognizes Varesh or not. Merci.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Gah, I have barely started my poem and it is due already. It is just like Freshman English all over again. :? Then on top of it, Elaine is not going to be around for a few days. Grrrrrr....... :evil:
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Andolin, love the vatar btw, I thought this was already indicated.. so I reinforced it :)
Andolin
Caesar

Ode to Vanir

Post by Andolin »

There once was a Panling bard,
Who found writing poems to be hard,
His goal was all ladies to love,
And he would coo like a dove,
Hoping his target would lower her guard.
Perdita Faechild

Post by Perdita Faechild »

rofl! :lol:
Brogan de Vaux

Post by Brogan de Vaux »

Adrian, that was an excellent poem. I think you'll go far in the contest, and if nothing else, you now know that atleast I enjpyed it. :D
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Yes, it was fun :)

I'm not yet calling the next poet as I want to give the other players time to post as well, maybe react a bit to Adrian, as well as the changing of seats etc.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Yes everyone have a laugh at my expense. :P I will remember to get you back for that, my old friend. hehe

I will probably post tomorrow after the JaggerBombs are out of my system. O:)
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!

Post by Guest »

I have a question. How far away is one table? From what the line-up shows everyone is at the same table, just in different places. Celestine is at spot 9, so where could I move her to?
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Vanir, old friend, I was just hoping to inspire your expected prose. ;) Feel free to post any limerick about one of my boys as a warm up for your big act at the dinner.

Celestine, I would think that persons at the commoner tables could probably move to any other spot at the commoner tables, but not mingle with the nobility. Maybe the nobles and their companions stay on their side of the room.
Perdita Faechild

argh! I am so indecisive (a libran, heh heh). Where to move to? :?
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Back :)
Yes, where to move to...interesting choices.

Adrian! Great poem! I'm so glad Elaine never aimed for the prizes or she would have been devastated with competition like this :)

I'll change to seat number 9, btw. So people won't get confused too much by the description ni the post :)
Last edited by Elaine on Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Hmm,
seems I'm the only one that doesn't like the idea of the move around.

Ah Well, story of my life, a Majority of One :)

Dyfed
Ryalda

Post by Ryalda »

LOL Dyfed :)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

A certain NPC ..*coughsLarbeidocoughs* has got his facts wrong about the Changez btw ;) It is after all the coordination of a thread who makes up game reality, and I've already stated it is a tradition, hehehe.

anyways, the Changez is temporary and a nice shake up so people can interact with others. They will change back to their original seating after a while.

Elaine.. good thinking, I'll add that as an OOC to my next mod post about needing to list your new location :)
Perdita Faechild

Perdita has taken Keerah's seat opposite Abnor.
Keerah

Post by Keerah »

Keerah has moved into Lady Kitlanya's seat, beside Lord Bertram...
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Is there an empty seat left at the table, which I can take in at a later point?
Adrian Elsonrae

I'm sitting

Post by Adrian Elsonrae »

... Where I was before, next to Andolin's daughter.
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Farathorn, if you have a look at the seating arrangements on page 9 (follow the link there), then places 4, 8 (both at the end of the left hand table), 11,12,14,15,16 (right hand table) were not taken up by pc's or npc's last time I checked.

Now with the moving around I take it people switch instead of taking one of the empty seats, so I guess it would not be a problem for you to take one of those unless they were filled with npc's that I never noticed :)

Such an advantage of playing a blind girl :P

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”