A Private Practice (Closed)

Moderator: Mods

Adrian Elsonrae

Yep!

Post by Adrian Elsonrae »

((Had a blast... it was one of the better threads I've been in because I got to exercise my battle writing. Thanks! :) ))
Tian Cross

Post by Tian Cross »

Du'Roth responded to Jayzen's flash of irritation with a wry smile of his own. By testing a pupil he could accurately surmise whether they were worth his time or not. So far this man was showing promise.

"Well your basic abilities will be tested by me here, firstly. It seems as if you have the prerequesites in order to be trained."

His thoughts turned to the latter of Jayzen's comments about his father and the scout guild. "I know how good the scouts of the Citadel are... I've had a few run-ins with them myself over the years. Anyhow as to your quest to find them, you have certainly come to the right man. I'll warn you though, I'm not an arrogant man, I simply know the limits of my skills - and they reach far indeed. There are few who say they can best the scouts."

He scratched the stubble that had formed on his chin, then pressed on "You mentioned your father. Why do you need to find him, if I can be so blunt with such a question? I like to know a little about those who trained, other than what you have given me. Don't worry that will be the last question for now concerning yoursefl - you may even get a little about me if you so wish."
Jayzen Du'Quild

Post by Jayzen Du'Quild »

Jayzen studied his teacher in return, questioning how much of the truth he could share with this man. He decided to use the usual speil for now, and save the whole truth if Du'Roth proved himself worthy of the secret.

"My father is a fabrics trader and often travels overseas, one yahren ago he left for an unknown destination in search of rare materials, and that was the last we heard of him. My investigations of his whereabouts have led me to ask questions of the Scouts Guild, but the Scouts Guild is nowhere to be seen and most people have never heard of it." Jayzen frowned, feeling frustrated by today's lack of real leads.

"My mission now is to infultrate the Guild so I can get the answers about my father's whereabouts.", Jayzen considered his teachers words, "Perhaps you can give me some advice on finding the reclusive Guild, since you've had dealings with them?"
Tian Cross

Post by Tian Cross »

Du'Roth took in what his newest pupil had to say "Strange that the scouts would have an interest in a simple merchant." Arden could understand Jayzen's reluctance to tell all - the slight hesitation gave himself away to the trained eye of the master.

He continued "Aye, the scouts are a hard bunch to find. However they would be of little use to anyone if they were an open organisation. Much like me secrecy is there game."

Jayzen's question gave him pause for thought "I certainly could give you advice as to the whereabouts of the guild. However I am reluctant to do so as of yet. I'm sure they would not appreciate a talentless novice wandering through their midst. I need to put you through your paces first. What say you? Shall we begin? Or is there anything else you wish to know?"
Jayzen Du'Quild

Post by Jayzen Du'Quild »

Jayzen nodded his head eagerly, glad to be starting the lessons. "I say I'm ready sir, but I would like to hear something of your past." Jayzen reconsidered his statement. "Not that I would seek to test you sir, I'm just curious about the kind of jobs you've had and why you decided to study the 'silent arts'." Jayzen liked the term 'silent arts' to describe what he was studying here, it sounded so much better than thievery.

Jayzen stood back off the bench, bouncing a little, anxious to be moving along in his lessons.
Last edited by Jayzen Du'Quild on Sun May 08, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tian Cross

Post by Tian Cross »

occ: Sorry it's been a while...

ic: Arden pondered Jayzen's briefly. It was clear that the young man was keen on starting the training. However Arden felt he was well advised to at least reveal a little of what his career had entailed.

"Well I wont go into too much detail as of yet. I think you understand well the need for secrecy at times - something which you have demonstrated already. As fo the reason I began studying and pratising the skills you seek... well lets just say I was once in a similar position to you. I, too, sought the the teachings of a very able man once. He implored his knowledge on to me and now I am here, teaching as he once did, after living a life full of escapes, heists and the like. I've been hired the caesar himself on several occasions. When I was your age I had few friends and no family to speak of. However this life is one of lonliness..."

He trailed off and smiled in spite of himself. "Now what is the primary skill you seek to help you on your quest? I can help you in the physical skills I posess, making your reflexes cat-like, your balance improved. However it is up to you..."
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

((OOC: SKILLED for Adrian))
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)

Return to “Inner City Archive”