Abu'Sahir - The High Temple

Moderator: Mods

Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Abu'Sahir - The High Temple

Post by Meridiuz »

A high structure, towering over all but the royal palace, sits in the very center of the city. Made of obsidian, jade, pearl, marble and black granite, it is a building the sight of which few ever forget. Grand and ornate, impressive and expensive, it is one of Tazlure's great wonders.
The famous Black Stairs, through which run red veins of discoloured jade, lead visitors three floors into the air before delivering them at two gigantic gates. The left, large and golden, depicts Uphorun as he is creating the world; the right, a blue gemstone creation, shows Anasis as she gifts rain unto the Amon Sabhaya.
The Doors of Uphorun lead to another flight of stairs, these down into the ground. Here, back at the floor level, lies the true temple to Uphorun, illuminated by a thousand torches, and by light through especially placed windows. It is a sombre place, cheerless and solemn. A huge altar made of obsidian lies before several tapestries that show the deeds and truths of the Master of Sands.
The Doors of Anasis lead up another flight of stairs, to the temple of Anasis. Given many colours and many windows, this place if always cool and alight with fires. Many statues and murals fill the room, giving an almost crowded impression even when the temple is almost deserted. Anasis' shrine is large and shaped as though it is flowing water.
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha was fresh and rested as he walked towards the temple, he knew what he must do. When a noble family was down on its luck its members had a good chance to use their skills and education in religion. Through religion he could raise his social caste and after that ascend back to the nobility, and Alaha was confident he could dominate this religion until it had served his needs when he would move on again and possibly use his skills somewhere else.

Alaha had been fresh and rested but by the time he reached the great gates he was exausted, stairs did not agree with the portly man and he took a moment to observe the two great gates and the surrounding area while he regained his breath. When he had done so, he gently opened the gate to Uphuron's temple and walked down the stairs finding the downwrad stairs to be more to his liking.

The young man thus finally arrived in what he realised was the grandest building he would likely ever have the pleasure to step foot in, although he had distant dreams of the palace lingering inside him. "This temple reflects the power of my deity entire, I shall serve for as long as he remains powerful."

Thus Alaha walked towards the center of the church hoping to find someone to inquire about joining this organization and starting his birth as a power in this city.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

The Amunic Simbahan, as the temple was called by the locals, was swarming with activity. There was much hustle and bustle after the previous evening's Gravetide Market which had had an enormous turn out, larger than usual, and many of those who went had come into the Temple to pay homage to their deities.

The long line of stairs that lead to Uphuron's area of prayer had been a bit of a difficult journey for the overweight Alaha, but when he entered, he could easily see why many were willing to climb the steps, and then descend them in turn. The obsidian alter seemed to both absorb and reflect the light, depending on whether the area was glossed to a shine or left in it's natural state, either way it was impressive.

Torches cast flickering light all around the area, and a man, wearing a simple yellow robe, walked over to Alaha as he stood appreciating the wonders of the Master of Sands. "Hello, Amon Sabhaya, welcome to the palace of Uphuron, are you in need of any assistance?" His head was shaven and his face was bare. The priest's eyes were lined with khol, dark and exotic, to make them appear more almond shaped then they actually wore. His nose was strong and he looked as able in body and in mind with a sharp and intellectual look in his eyes.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha being a big man showed much physical exertion and devotion in lowering his colossal frame first onto one knee and then the other gently taking the priests hand in both of his he looked at him and putting on a face that appeared to show utter reverance and respect said in a awed tone, "My dear priest I have led a life of sinful debauchery, indulgence and greed but at last I see that my calling in life is here to serve my deity in any way I can." Alaha paused and coughed gently, "I am Alaha Muk Sadyr from the Sadyr family the noble house of stars and I come before you today to join the priesthood as I am hit by this revelation."

Alaha smiled and began to use all his wordplay and skills, "I seek to join the faithful in delivering the message and use my skills to spread the words of the Sand King. I wish to master his gifts and use his powers to aid his followers and above all I want to find myself, and the only way I can find myself is to know my deity and use his gifts for the good of Amun Rah." Alaha kept the look of awe on his face as he demenaded himself before this man, his eyes doing their normal hypnotic routine on the man.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The priest looked down at Alaha with a serene smile upon his face. "Child of Uphuron and follower of his law, rise and stand for here, in the Simbahan, all are equal -- be they the Rafao himself or a slave." He lifted his hand and helped the large man back to his feet after the homage had been paid. Although it was unecessary, it was quite flattering and that showed on the priests face.

"Come, walk with me to the altar." The baldheaded man walked to the large obsidian centerpiece against the wall. The priest moved with a particular grace, akin to that which a woman moved with as he passed through the impressive room. Lighting a candle he offered that Alaha do the same. "Your ancestors will look upon you with grace for taking on such a position within the Simbahan. Your faith must be strong to do such." He nodded.

"Through the Great Lord of the Sands one can find many things, the least of all is oneself. You are welcomed, Alaha Muk Sadyr, into the house of His Grace, and may you rest and feel safe and comforted in the embrace, but know as well that his fury is great, and that there is no savior, not even Anasis herself, from his wrath." He said this most sincerely, and though it was difficult to tell if it was what he would give as a warning to any interesting in entering as an acolyte, or if he sensed something off in the merchant's, it was obviously a strong warning.

Whatever hypnotism Alaha was trying to work upon the priest, be it to believe him or be it to take him in with no questions, it had little effect, but that was common among the pure of heart and strong of spirit. Weaklings were easy to manipulate, but one such as the man before him was not so.

"It is good to see a man, one young, and full of spirit, joining our ranks, especially of a powerful house. Have you yet taken a meal on this day? Would you join myself and some other acolytes for breakfasting? It would be a way to meet some of the other young men, and perhaps decide whether this is the place you would truely like to be."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Zarias accepted the help to bring his bulk back up to a standing position, to be honest he wanted to sit down, his stomach was giving him problems as it sometimes did, small pains that like the many stars in the sky exploded inside him. Still he smiled amiably a large hand pressing his ample girth the only indication of any lack of comfort.

Alaha took the candle from the priest and ehld it before his eye, the flcikering flame was much like his faith, or indeed the faith of any man. It wavered under the smallest breeze alone but combined with many other similar flames it would create the great fire at the center of any faith. Alaha's own flame gently moved under his solid breath, gently swaying and almost enticing Alaha into a spiritual sensation. This candle resprented his faith and at the moment it was pure and strong. A source of light in a dark place throwing just a little light on the colossal images of his deity.

As the priest spoke Alaha turned, sheilding the flame from the wind with a hand, "I seek the embrace of my deity to feel safe in and to use his divine power to aid his subjects." As the man spoke of food Alaha could not hide the little glint of pleasure that appeared in his eye though he did his best to sound unconcerned. "Oh food, well lead on I shall follow into the embrace of my deity and reside here for many years to come I hope."

Alaha gently put the candle among the others lit near the altar, it shone like a beacon of hope in these hallowed halls.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"That is as good a goal as any other I have heard, Alaha. But, with such lofty endeavors as keeping our people safe and happy, perhaps you would be better suited with the goddess Anasis." It was a veiled insult, for the woman was thought of as the merciful, though no less powerful, but also weakened because of it. A strange balance, to be sure, but the women and men who followed Uphuron were often seen as militaristic and warmongering. Though the priests and priestesses of Anasis attended battle, it was usually to heal fallen comrades, Uphuron's clergy went there to bring bloodshed upon their enemies.

"But, breakfast first, we shall speak more later." He said and lead onward through the somber hall toward the back where a thick wall hanging covered a door that lead into a narrow hallway. "First we will come to the dining hall. Beyond that are the rooms for those of faith." The priest said as they moved. It was a very small space for the large Alaha to manage going through. The scent of must and wetness clung to the walls in the darkness of the corridor. Finally, they appeared at a simple wooden door which the priest opened and allowed them into a large room where groups sat at tables set low to the floor, eating from simple bowls.

They allow nodded reverently as the priest entered, these were all lower alcolytes as was obvious from their simple garb. Those of higher levels had adornments or colors added to their robes. All the young men had their heads shaved, and among the twenty or so who were eating, there were only two women, their hair was cut short, cropped much above their shoulders, but not shaved. They couldn't bare to have it any shorter, they needed the smallest bit of feminity to break up the monotony. "Please, sit with your fellows. All of you, please welcome Alaha. He will be joining us in our homage to Uphuron." He smiled.

A bowl of porridge was procured and placed infront of the large man. It was practically no food, but as he looked around, nearly all of the youn men were quite thin, both from fasting, and from their previous lives, as some had been slaves before joining the clergy. The substance was thick, and light brown in color, but smelled softly of sweetness. He was handed a spoon by his neighbor at the table. "Welcome." He was a regular fellow, one of a thousand bald-headed young men in the city, but he gave a genuine smile and seemed to have good intentions reflecting in his brown eyes. Of light build, and lacking any fat, Alaha could've lifted him and thrown him across the room were he so inclined. Infact, he couldn't have been too much heavier than Khy`lla, the dancer he had met the night before.
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha found it jolly ironic that a faith that was so interested in military endevours declined to feed its clergy so they would present little contest in a fight, although Alaha had yet to see the martial arts of these people and maybe that gave them a significant edge despite their size. Still he ignored the words of the priest origionally. He was masking his own self that definately conformed to the warlike ways of this god, while he could master little physical power he could certainly deal with his foes with the divine magik.

Alaha found himself sitting with the students, eating what Alaha thought was about as nutritious as a mouthful of water. Still he ate it very quickly it might be said and decided there and then that quick promotion was absolutely necessary if only to gain better meals. Still he could augment the meals with external purchaces or just steal those off other students, after all he had a big bulk he could use it against these whispy individuals. He turned to the boy that had adressed him, "So how long have you been here and how close are you to acheiving a promotion?" This was all Alaha wanted himself, endless promotion.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Promotion?" He looked at Alaha skeptically. He wasn't quite sure what the young man was getting at, no new member had ever asked that before. They were usually too concerned with serving their god to think about when they would climb the ranks of the clergy.

"I -- uhm. I'm not sure. I need to continue with my training... I guess I will ascend to the next level when Uphuron and the High Priest think that I am ready."

The acolyte continued to eat his meal, he was making his way through it a good deal slower than the large man next to him. "You shouldn't rush your meals..." He said hesitantly. "You only get two per day." His brown eyes glanced over the girth of Alaha. "It's to prove to Uphuron that you can handle less, that you can go without, just incase he decides to scorch the world again. We must be stronger than the common man." He seemed quite set in this idea.

"What is your name?"
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha striaghtened his back and with practiced precision placed one of his chubby hands on his chest, "I am Alaha Muk Sadyr, of the noble house Sadyr, the house of the stars. My family were long blessed with good harvests and fair tides in trade but alas we suffered bad winds and our family fell into middle class, and now I am here to regain my prestige."

Upon hearing of the ideas of his comerade he snorted, "Do not let them decide when you are ready for favour, you shall know what you deserve and you should campaign for your own prestige and power, what is this two bowl rule, the common man could destroy men who only eat two bowls of food a day. I doubt the high powers of the temple eat two bowls."

Alaha sat back and finished his bowl putting it up to his mouth and slurping it down. Having finished he cleaned his beard with a carefully groomed hand before once more looking at the man, "Our deity respects power, he is a god of power, he created this isle and we must show our power in his eyes, the opportunist is respected. I will make a little bet with you sir, I shall join the acolytes and we shall see who rises quickly in this church, you or I?" He grinned and stood patting the man on the back.

Gently he went over to the man who had led him down, "I should like to see the High Priest now, my devotion to my deity is decided and I should like to...get into the robes as quickly as possible, and I am sure my higher education can immediately prove useful to the faith."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Pleasure to meet you, Alaha." The young acolyte said. "I am Uphuhotep, and I hope that you find your way here in the Simbahan." He listened carefully as the merchant offered advise, saying he should be ready to climb the ladder, and rise in the ranks, and not wait for the High Priest, or their God, for that matter, to tell him when he was ready.

"They do eat by this, sir." He replied meekly. "It is all we need to sustain ourselves." Uphuhotep nodded and gave a smile. "We are stronger than the common man, and I do believe you are wrong about thinking they could take us down based soley on seeing our diet. We are great warriors, and do not need to draw on food for our strength." He said.

"I don't think such a bet is a good idea. I have been here in the temple longer than you have, and am already at an advantage because of that." His brown eyes looked at Alaha sympathetically, as if he almost felt bad for the new comer. "Plus, such a competition does nothing to help our great God." When Alaha rose from his seat and patted the young man on the back he felt a strange surge of energy through his fingertips when he met the youth's unexpectly muscled body.

A warm buzz wound up through his veins to his elbow, leaving his fingers numb for just a flicker. It was almost as if he had banged his funny bone, but somehow different with the heated addition. His eyes, somehow with a stronger intesity met those of the new acolyte. "Again, welcome. And good luck." He gave a smile, and then turned back to his meal which he was slowly making his way through as were the others who sat at the low tables.

Leaning against the wall, the priest that Alaha had met was speaking with a young woman. She licked her lips and nodded emphatically as the priest spoke to her, and absently tucked hair behind her ear, though it was so short, it just slipped out from behind the tanned surface right after. She ignored Alaha, however, as he approached. It wasn't until he started talking that she turned to him with an annoyed edge to her hazel orbs. She had spent the morning coming up with a good reason to speak with the higher level official of the church, and now this new comer was marching all over her territory. Knives flew from her eyes. She cleared her throat and then gave a bow to her teacher. "I will speak to you later, sir."

He nodded. "Yes, Shesmetet. Come to my office following the evening meal, and we will continue this path. You have brought up wonderful questions." He smiled and touched his hand to her shoulder and she turned away. "You are not ready to see the High Priest." He replied simply. "Go with Uphuhotep, and he will take you to a room, and get for you robes that will fit and take you to mid-morning tide prayer and meditation." His appeared somewhat colder, as if he didn't appreciate the casual manner with which Alaha had approached. "Perhaps after that he will see you."
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha was a man of pretention, he was joining the preisthood for a few reasons. One it was a key route to power if a little sparse in terms of comfort origionally. It allowed a grasp of magikal power that Alaha did not view as a necessity but would certainly enjoy as an advantage in combat. He also hoped to make connections with powerful members of the priesthood. Finally it would give him raw respect on the streets of the city as he wandered down with his robe and that was essential to Alaha who would use that to further his ploys and increase his own prestige.

Alaha stared down the priest, he found it easy to do so from his height and weight, he stared down over the plateau that was his upper torso at the priest. Gently he moved his great tongue out of his mouth where it lulled for a moment. It licked his lips before finding its home again in the moist cave where it dwelled. Softly he spoke with a nonchalent air, "Yes perhaps he will see me and then we shall all be....content. I think the High Priest will find me a good student, I am no hired slave from the bazaar I was educated in many things and can I am sure impress the high priest with my vast knowledge." Alaha smirked and turned walking back to the acolyte he had spoke to earlier. He did not like the priest he had been speaking to. He was too pure and too uncorruptable, Alaha needed a high official who would crumple under his honeyed words. The last man was not him.

Alah once more stood behind Uphuhotep and came close to tapping him on the shoulder but relented after ther last experience. He did not want to be totally numb after a light touch. Instead he leaned over the man's shoulder and said into his ear with a rasping and essentially authoritarian voice, "Uphuhotep you are ordered by the priest to show me to a room and arrange robes for me, naturally I do not demand but I should like to don the robes of my new caste and thus gain the respect I deserve." Alaha smiled and leaned back and with bravery he lay a hand on the acolytes shoulder again cautious of the divine power that evidently flowed through the boy. Alaha could not fathom the power but realised he would need to respect these Acolytes a little and if he wished to boss them and control their errant fates he would need to learn their ways and use it against them. But how to gain an interview with the High Priest, he could hardly barge in although at the present moment Alaha liked to think his great deity looked down on him fondly for the arrogance and warlike feelings that the King of Asps so readily enjoyed.
Last edited by Gully Drervo on Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I'll be sure to pass along to the High Priest that you would like a meeting with him." He replied cooly as he looked around at the many seated acolytes. Somehow, it seemed as if he wasn't just looking at them, but through him, as if peering into their very souls. His dark eyes were stern and watched like a hawk.

Uphuhotep shook his head so slightly that it was barely perceptable. I just want to eat my breakfast... "Of course, if the priest deems it so, then I will take you to the rooms and find something to fit over your girth." The young man said. When he placed his hand on the young man's shoulder, there was no instant tingle as there had been before, instead the acolyte turned on him. "Do not touch me, thank you." His voice was just a whisper but harsh as he stared at Alaha and then set down his bowl after having eatten just half of what was in it.

Standing from his position he moved with a grace that the taller, and heavier, man could not feign were he to even try. His footsteps fell silently on the wooden planks as they stepped into another narrow hallway. Uphuhotep's shoulders were squared and seemed prepared for an attack from the blundering giant behind him, but aside from his posture, he moved with a relaxed air about him.

In a few burns the acolyte pushed against a wall, and there a door almost seemed to appear. It slid into the wall, rather than opening in or out, thusly saving space. The room itself was a dormitory style, with beds lined up against each wall on the long sides, and trunks at the foot of each bed. Other than that, and a small alter at the head of the room, it was bare. "Welcome to your new home." He stated, but there was much less welcoming in his voice, compared to when he had first begun talking with Alaha, it seemed a bit duller. "The women's rooms are next door. If I were you, after crossing Shesmetet, I would avoid them. The girls seem to stick together." It was a bit of friendly advice. No matter what, Uphuhotep was a good guy, and he couldn't help himself to help out, just a bit.

"But, those robes..." He moved over to one of the trunks and started pulling things out. Nearly tent's worth of thin silken fabric was pulled from the end trunk. "Ok." Uphuhotep tossed one of them onto a bed, a bright yellow that matched in hue to his own, as well as a yellow sash. "Now, it's simple enough. Drap it over the shoulders, then tie the sash around the waist. I mean.. that's sort of a oversimplified idea... but I'll show you how to tie the belt, it's sort of complicated. Once you get the hang of it it's second nature."

Pointing over to a more private area of the room, atleast, opposite of where Uphuhotep was, the young man turned around. "Let me know when you're decent." He crossed his arms and stared at the blank wall vacantly.
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha followed the acolyte across the wooden floors to the dormitary. He could not explain the change in mood of the man, from the welcoming individual to this cold hard man of the sands. Alaha was not going to attack him, he was too unimportant and as his latter nice actions showed he was not worth forming into a loyal friend. His friends would be easy to control and he would use his allies to control the other acolytes. He intended despite his faults to be a good pupil and he hoped his knowledge would earn him allies.

Gently Alaha attired himself in the garments as the boy turned away, he peered down at his large stomach a declearation as his prior decadence. He gently walked back to the boy mustering all the dexterity a lumbering giant could. "I am decent and I should ask you to assist me."

Alaha waited for the boy to resume before continuing, "I should like to ask you who the important people are in the faith. Perhaps if you give me the most important acolytes, the students who are the most talented and are destined for great things. And then perhaps I can work out a method to see the High Priest." The last words were more said to himself.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Uphuhotep turned around as Alaha said he was ready. "Alright, since you are a new acolyte you will do a simple banding knot." He reached down to his own belt and quickly untied it. When he did he exposed some more of his chest to show off a highly muscled front with several tattoos hidden beneath his robes. "It's easy. First, wrap the belt around you until you have just about a foot's worth on either side." For Uphuhotep, who was slim waisted, it took him about five trips around his waist before he managed to get to that point. Alaha only need to go around twice. "From there, just take one side, pull over itself, make a loop and tie. Then pull the opposite side through the loop, and repeat until it's tight." He made short work of his own belt.

It created a strong belt. "There you have it. Entry level knot for an entry level acolyte." He quickly undid the belt again, and unwrapped it until he was left with more than the regular foot on each end. Meticulously he tied his belt in a more intricate pattern. "It's actually a good thing to know anyway, it's a tight knot, and can be used on bandages, holds blood in well." He offered, he had been told the same thing when he was taught the simple knot.

"Most important and destined for great things... well, I'd say that would be Shesmetet, but like I told you before, you are best off leaving the girls alone." He said it as if he had come in close contact with one or more of the female acolytes and had barely made it out alive. "They are a tight bunch. Shesmetet sort of leads them, anyway, so of all the girls you want to avoid -- she's the number one." Sitting down on the trunk after he closed it, Uphuhotep looked up at Alaha. "Friendly advice? Don't try to see the High Priest. He will summon you when you are ready. He will know."
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha rather disliked hearing he was only a level one acolyte and the belt was rather restrictive. Reminded him of days in the great Sadyr sandstone mansion on the great river when one of the servants would put his underrobes on for him. They would tie it tight around his waist and for Alaha it was amazing that with such tight clothing he had managed to grow so large.

The great tongue left the cave of the mouth as the acolyte mentioned Shesmetet. Despite the short hair Alaha already felt his lust flaring, the power only added to this, if a woman had power Alaha found himself wanting a relationship of some kind preferably with him dominating so he might extract information and delve deeply into the well of infinite lust that was avaliable to him. He turned to the Acolyte and smiled, his expanding cheeks making him look like a rather strange frog. "You are a good person and I can respect that but you know sometimes you must make yourself known. It seemed that the High priest awaits a sign of my talents. Our deity respects stregth and warlike ways. Hmm most importantly survivial and I intend to survive rather well here."

Alaha grinned, "So while I wait I shall consider Shesmetet and I doubt you shall aid me but if you are willing then you may too get noticed." Alaha had his ways, the first step was a confrontation of course, he needed to judge his opponent before deciding how to approach them. Courteously, agressively, coyly, romantically it did not matter Alaha could do every method under the great sun. He went to the door and turned looking at his guide, "Your choice, back to monotony or the quick ascent to the top." He nodded his head in thanks not expecting the man to follow before wandering vaguely back towards the main hall, he wanted to find Shesmetet and find out about the short haired vixen. Alaha's tongue lulled out as one of his primal sins, passions and weaknesses took hold of him and he ran a hand through his beard. "Mmmm Shesmetet....Shesmetet...Shesmetet" he let the word run off his tongue wondering how it would sound echoing off the walls of that dormitory.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Uphuhotep shook his head as he realized that no matter what he said to Alaha, he wasn't going to listen. When the broad young man started to walk away, the acolyte just shrugged. "Good luck then." Anasis, if you've any mercy to spare.. he shall need it.

The hallway wasn't too long, and it was a straight shot right back into the dining area where everyone still sat, some in a meditative silence, others eating, and in the table toward the corner, the women sat together. They were visions, immersed in gossip and giggles. Girls will be girls, and even those who followed the great warrior god were no different, atleast not in their off time. When it was time for concentration they put all their effort there.

Shesmetet sat at the table with the other females, but she was pushed down to the right end, and was studying. A book lay open infront of her which she casually flipped through as well as took notes in a smaller book with blank pages. It was opened to about half-way, she had already filled much of it with her elegant handwriting. Each letter flowed into the next creating a fluid line from her Thotho Stork feather quill, bright red and full.

The area infront of her was open. The men knew better than to approach the women's table, and the girls knew better than to bother Shesmetet when she was immersed in her reading.
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha walked back to the dining area, this was his temple inside a temple. The food may have been bad but it sated that giant chest that dominated the young man's life. Gently he supressed his desire to go on an eating rampage and surveyed the scene.

Alaha could not stop that snake like tongue lulling out when he saw the girls. He however did not want to be seens and remained as anonymous as he could due to his size. He pretended to survey the architecture of the place as any new student may be expected to do.

He saw Shesmetet on the dge of the row, definately the leader and Alaha changed his plans. She could not be fought head on but that lovely little book may help his later plans. No doubt much knowledge was contained within and maybe some juicy facts about the girl that could be used against her.

He would wait until she left and then bump into her as she was leaving and hopefully she would rop her book, he would pilfer it and make a nifty Alaha comment about her bottom or something making her so angry as to forget her loss. Then it would be speed reading for a bit before a bit of bribery. Delicious and all before dinner.

So Alaha waited round the corner keeping one eye on the girl all the while.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Almost on cue, Shesmetet took her final note, and then stood from the bench, ready to put her things back in her room before meditation and then class. She first stuffed the tome she was studying away into a leather bag at her feet, and then she added the journal to the sack. Squaring her shoulders she gave the girls a smile and they immediately were giving the young woman fond farewells and saying they would see her right away and would wait for her precisely where they were. Perfectly behaved sheep. Putting the bag on her shoulder she moved toward the rooms and stumbled as Alaha stepped into her path.

Her bag dropped to the floor and the contents spilled out everywhere. "You foolish clutz!" She said and glared at him. "Uphuron would do well to expell you from this establishment before you do one of his students harm."

Crouching down Shetmetet started gathering up papers and parchments and papyrus to stuff away into the satchel. Her journal had slid between Alaha's feet and was sitting by itself near the wall further down the hall out of view. All the girls looked at Alaha and giggled making jeering comments about him. "Can you believe his size? What intelligent man would allow himself to become so out of shape at such an age?" Though common in the merchant class, obesity was not the rage for the nobility of Amun Rah. They were a lean people by nature, and necessity, and Ionis was a warrior king and the idol of the common people.

Righting herself, and not realizing she was short of any of her inventory, Shesmetet gave another harsh scowl, but there was an intensity in her eyes that Alaha might immediately recognize as expectance. Shesmetet came from an important family, and she expected people to be a certain way to her. Alaha was not fitting the mold, in any respect. "Touch me again, and you will draw back a nub." Her voice was a hushed threat before she stormed down the hall in a torrent of feminine rage.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”