The Tribe is a Family on Wheels ~ Derik

Moderator: Mods

Derik Kencade

Post by Derik Kencade »

OOC: Sorry for the delay, Vacation held me up

IC: Derik nodded to Pinmah and smiled. He wanted to perhaps tell Pinmah he was not joking but instead he just let the situation linger in a response. Then he quickly changed. "Ya know I have never been to a city, I don't even think my father has or if he has I don't recall him mentioning much of it."

Derik then continued and set up a place to bed.
"I hope we have lots of fun Pinmah, and I hope to one day find one of those swanmaiden out there." Derik pause then gave Pinmah a playful look. "Ya know she would chose me first." Derik said then claped Pinmah on the back with a playful laugh.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Welcome back! Hope you had a good time with the vacationing.

IC:

Pinmah hadn't even realized that Derik might actually be serious. He had always been a joker, and figured his friend was just starting to pick up on the habit. However, when Derik didn't come up with something else to tell him, the realization dawned on him that maybe his companion was telling the truth. It was a chilling fact indeed. "Yeah, I don't know about your dad, but my dad talked about his travels all the time. He talked of some great stories, but once, when he had drank much of the fermented horse milk, he spoke of things were not so grande. The shallow eyes of slave children and the seedier ends of town where taverns had disquieting names like Bad Omen." He shook his head remembering the way his father's eyes had darkened as he spoke of it. "My mother hit him and told him to stop... but that still haunts me. I hope the city is more like the fun tales he told."

He took another sip from his canteen and laughed as Derik commented on the swanmaided. "Ha! Why would she chose you when she can have a strapping lad like me?" He grinned and took another deep swill of the cool water. "I mean, look at me. Everyone knew I was the best looking guy in the whole village! All the women wanted me, even your mother herself!" He boisterously chortled.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Derik Kencade

Post by Derik Kencade »

Derik laughed as Pinmah spat back with a remark. Then Derik took a sip of his waterskin. "I only hope we don't get stuck in the bad areas brother, that would be a bad end to an otherwise interesting adventure no?" Derik said with a wink.

After a little time and Derik had gotten everything set up how he wanted it. He looked a Pinmah.
"Should we take guard shifts?" Derik asked.

Derik adjusted his gear and then asked another question.
"So which way to we travel tomorrow?" Derik asked just kind of keeping up idle conversation
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Sorry! I've been sick. >_<

IC:

"I don't really think we'll need guard shifts. I mean, there isn't much out in the desert that would be interested in us anyway, and I think two giants would scare off any thieving types."

He looked over to Derik. "That is, unless you're scared or something, inwhich case I'd be happy to call your mother to watch your back." He laughed and threw a small stone over at his friend. It was smooth and fine, probably thanks to the water source nearby.

"Tomorrow we continue heading west. If my navigation skills are up to par, then we should be hitting a outcropping of rocks around tomorrow's tradetide. I'm not sure how steep they are, so I don't know if we can climb over, or go around, we'll see. Either way, once we are past those, we'll have another two days of westward travel." He nodded.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Derik Kencade

Post by Derik Kencade »

Derik nodded. Derik was sure glad Pinmah had that map. However the tradewinds did provide a small amount of concern. He hoped they could traverse down them without any problems going around might take a little long but if needed they could do that to.

Derik looked over at Pinmah. "What would you like to do once we reach the cities?" Derik asked Pinmah.

"Myself" Derik continued. "I think I will try some city food, see if is as good as we are used to." Derik said.

"I mean is surely beats you're cooking." Derik said with a playful grin.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Ha-ha." Derik said sarcastically as Pinmah made fun of his cooking. "It's woman's work anyhows, I don't need to cook, I just need a beauty to do it for me." He grinned, though he knew neither of them were chefs, and no doubt would ever be, he merely hoped for a woman who was. Nothing quite as good as a hot meal after a long day, especially when served by the likes of a graceful lady.

"No, I think my first order of business will to be to find a job, you know, so we can pay for this food." He gave a wink. "As for now, I think I'm ready to rest up." The young half-giant yawned loudly. "Ahhhhhhhaaa." His eyes watered and he stretched his arms before laying down. "Sleep well, brother."

And then the night fell harshly. A cold wind cut through the desert, but they were each protected. Anasis would watch over them from high in the heavens, her mercy could reach even the desolate sands.

The next morning Pinmah brought out some rations and ate to make up for the energy that had been lost the day before as well as preparing for the travel ahead. He finished a canteen's worth of water before refilling and then turned to his companion. "Alright, better get moving on." He smiled and picked up his pack and set it to his back before setting onward.

Their second day of travel went along much like the first. Footfall after footfall fell silently onto the hot ground beneath them as the sands cushioned their weight. Up one side of a sand dune, and then down the other, they walked away from the sun, their shadows casting far ahead of them as they tried to catch up with the black forms of themselves.

Around midday, as the half-giant had predicted, the came to a large outcropping of rocks. They had been seeing it for a mark or so, a jagged line across the horizon, jutting out from the smooth surroundings. "Here we are then." Pinmah announced looking up the hard surface. It seemed to stretch onward for a long ways on both the right and left hand side, and would take much travel to go around. "Think we should go over them?" He didn't look too thrilled with the idea.
Derik Kencade

Post by Derik Kencade »

OOC: Sorry For the delay, New base and by the by I'm going to be out of the loop from March 11 till april 5. Then I'll be back is that ok?

IC: Derik looked at the jagged mountaing. They did look perilous. Derik smiled at Pinmah. "Well I always say the shortest distance is a straight line so I say we go ahead and cross them. What do you think brother?" Derik asked always wanting to know his friends opinion

Derik stretched as they stoood there overlooking the land. Derik just was silent for a moment as he waited for Pinmah's response.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: No problemo! See ya when ya return.

IC:

"Yes... I suppose that would be best." He sighed. "Stupid rocks, I was never much for climbing.. or heights for that matter." Pinmah said reluctantly, but even as he spoke he was burrowing through his pack for a coil of heavy rope which he had purchased from a caravan a few days prior.

Finding what he was looking for, as well as a grappling hook he affixed the two together and then looked up on the surface of the rock trying to find a good place where the grapple could take hold. It didn't take him long before he spotted an outcropping to which he tossed the pronged metal to. He missed the first time, but the second time it caught. He gave it a strong pull to make sure it could support his weight, and then he was off, up and climbing the sheer surface.

Derik could either follow suit and try to climb the rope, or he could attempt to work his way up the pieces of rock that jutted out, giving enough surface to grab onto, and even to put one's foot upon, but not really enough to walk up steadily.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”