Gravetide Market ~ Open to All!

Moderator: Mods

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

"It is time," Aeris uttered as men tugged on the twined thread; sending a deafening echo through the bones of the pedestrians. The woman tried to formulate a tactic within her own mind so she could better grasp the situation, but before it was successful enough Jin was already being attacked.

The maiden didn't move for a flicker or two. Remorse was too strongly buried in her heart.

Anasis, Mother of Mercy, what have we done this fateful night? It was our plan to fight against the Rafao and all of what we stand for .. but this, this we ... I, did not anticipate. The blood is seeping into the ground that you and Uphuron have created for us. It was you who brought peace to the land when we needed it the most. Uphuron has blessed us with a thirst for violence, but you have volleyed with a caring passion that no one else would show. Protect us. To Aeris time seemed to slow as she prayed. The moment she had finish, it was if that lost time sped to such a length that Jin had already deflected numerous people from her.

"With the haste of Gods," Aeris said to no one in particular. Suddenly, Alaha stood beside her. She hadn't noticed his movement since her concentration was on Akuta's brother and her prayer.

Fury flared behind Aeris' eyes. Her eyes were black, so in turn they seemed to hold the world within them. "When are you going to get the concept of other's safty before your own? I didn't come to Abu`Sahir to protect myself, I came to aid others." The man had successfully pissed of the swan maiden, something that was rare to do.

Her vision flicked to Rakhash. "Like him," she pointed. Aeris could feel the worry that poured from the Princess-Guard like a second skin. She was sure everyone could. You didn't need any skill to feel it, actions always spoke louder than words. "Put the dancer down and help fight, or get out of everyone's way," she couldn't stop reprimanding him.

She let it go and began to gain some distance from everyone, however, making her way to Jin. Aeris rolled her hips a certain way and the hidden whip fell from her waist. Gravity took its toll, but not before she caught the hilt of the weapon and the rest of the cord unwound to the moist soil. Guide me, she prayed again to Anasis.

With a quick wrist movement she cracked her whip as loud and forcefully as she could; while she walked to her body guard. She lashed at the Rafao-guard's weapon, attempting to disarm him. If that was accurate, she would close the distance between them and shield Jin's back.

The time was drawing near where they wouldn't be able to last much longer. The influx of soldiers had thrown the plans of slightly.
Last edited by Aeris Mourir on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][color=brown]"I am that merry wanderer of the night."
--William Shakespeare[/color][/i]

Avatar manipulated by Ashari with stock photo by LaraFairie
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Jadmai's raised arm was probably the best instinctive move he could've done as the attacking guard aimed for his tender throat. The boiled leather bracers deflected the flat side of the blade and left him remarkably unscathed. As the guardsman pulled on Jadmai, and the dark adhiel fell into the yanking, his balance was thrown off. He took one quick step back and tried to keep up, but this followed by another as he tried to take into account the new weight of the body he had brought with him. Between the stumbling, and the head-butt he lost his balance completely.

As it turned out Jad wouldn't be needing his blade, atleast not right now. The guard fell to the ground in a heap with his nose bleeding and his eyes watering. He had never been in battle, he had never fought except for playful sparring among his other trainees, whimpering, he left his thin blade behind and crawled into the crowd. The adhiel wasn't to be left alone for long, however, as the unrelenting guards continued their defensive, trying to keep the peace. An unarmed guard approached, and offered a swift and strong right hand hook, landing right at Jadmai's lower lip. He was left with the sweet scent of fruit mixed with coppered undertones as the fist retracted, and then aimed, and started shooting forward for another blow.

Lianelle looked at Rakhash and nodded as her wide, dark eyes stared out into the mass of movement. All she could think of what she had been told, about the fighting having already started amongst the villages. It needed to be stopped. This riot would stop it all. It would protect the Rafao, and ensure the safety of her people. The princess was filled with a sense of neccesity. She needed to help, and make sure that everything worked out as they had all planned.

The feeling was not long lived, however, as a young boy, bleeding from his upper arm, was pushed into her. She grabbed hold of him, and pulled from her dress a shred of fabric, quickly setting to preventing the blood loss from killing him. Healing was something she had been trained in, and looking out through the mayhem, she realized it was going to be a necessary skill when the dust settled.

Rakhash slowed the guard down just a bit with the shoving of crates, one of the barrels, filled with oil for lamps, spilled and filled the air with it's acrid and heavy scent. As the bodyguard grabbed the staff from beside him, he found that with it down came a side of the tapestry, and enfolded the guard with it. Slashing with his blade he pulled out of the fabric and looked at Rakhash with renewed rage. The swinging of the staff, however, was an easily blocked manuever, and the guard raised his sharp blade, and in the process sliced off the end of the staff, leaving it now with a pointed end. The guard, still trying to get completely untangled from the fabric, tried to prepare for another attack.

For Gorgoniy, who was at a large disadvantage thanks to his size as far as fighting, had found another method, and that was to step away, rather than block. It was a smart move. His short legs quickly moved him out of the path of the blade as the guard tumbled forward when there was nothing for his inertia to slam into. However, thanks to how rapidly the guardsman moved,

Gorgo's plan of attack on his vital organ resulted in his hook cutting swiftly through the air, but not connecting with anything. In a flicker the bald headed fighter was turned around and looking at him. "Put down your weapon and be taken to the dungeon." He offered, but continued his offensive, taking a step forward with his blade at the ready.

As Khy`lla prayed she recieved no answer from the gods, instead, she was met with the shoutings of profanity from the crowd as they cursed one another and wished horrible deaths upon their neighbors. When Alaha picked her up, she felt an odd twang of pain that hadn't been there before and then it seemed to intensify and pulsate with each step he took as his weight shifted from one foot to the other.

Whatever supreme physical size advantage Alaha had was mostly in his head. Many of the young men around him were about six feet in height, and among them were many muscled guardsman, with weapons, leaving him with little in the way of advantage. His fatty hands did, however, strike out against many of those he passed, many of which were slaves, trying to fight against the armed guards, therefore knocking them to the ground. Khy`lla, had, however, from upon his shoulder, during her thrashings, managed to knock a guard unconcious with a swift kick. Still, no one attacked him outright.

Aeris and Murat met with the attacking guard directly between them nearly simultaneously. The guard, seeing the approach of the etherial woman, looked at her, and hadn't noticed the oncoming half-giant. Because of that, Murat was able to slam into him. As he did so, Aeris's whip dropped and cut through the air with a loud snap as the end connected with the guard's left arm, which he had been holding his blade with. The sword dropped to the ground, and the loud sound drew the attention of Jin, who was flailing his club around, with the sword lodged in it, while the other guard tried to attack him with his fists. Throwing the club down he started to fistfight the guard.

Both the swanmaiden and the halfgiant were left with eachother to look at, and the guardsman standing between them, now quite unarmed, and with a welt growing on his arm already. "Stop this now." He insisted. "You all will be brought to the dungeon and killed on the morrow, unless you desist and go to your homes!" No one seemed phased by the commentary as they continued fighting.

OOC: I would like to remind everyone, that even though you are involved in separate fights, you really should read other people's posts, that way this doesn't become confusing. Take the extra time to make sure you understand everything that is going on at the time, and PM me if you have any questions! -- Ash :wink:
Last edited by Ashari on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai felt his blade not plunging into anything and felt slightly relieved--oddly enough.

He turned around and saw the young man skittering away, he was going to shake his head in disgust and perhaps shame for the man, but before he could even finish the first shake, as he was struck in the face.

He brought his hand to his mouth in an instinctive move, "Ow, damn it," He stepped back. "did you just hit me in face with your fist? I can't believe--" But the fist was coming at him again. He would just try to step farther back out of the reach of the thrown punch instead of dodging left or right.

Jadmai would actually try to put as much distance between the man attacking him as possible, by carefully stepping back wards, trying to gain distance, but remain square to him--he didn't see the point of smashing his fist against him.

He spotted the small creature...looked like a child--whatever it was human was advancing on it, but yet telling at him to stand down, it was madness.

"Hey!!!" He would yell trying to gather the attention of that man, "you attacking the small one, you are not letting him stand down--would you stand down?"

Then a disarmed guard was speaking up--he was near the beautiful creature and the very large one--it seemed safer near those two, Jadmai wanted to get near them, but he didn't want to pull the attention he now he would bring. He probably had two guards attention...at least. Still, he would get close enough to respond.

"Desist!? Desist, what? I was eating, and I was attacked. Now my blades are sheathed and yours is on the ground." He kept his hands visible and palms up, to show their emptyness. "Of course, now you want to talk--what do you the lot of you plan on doing with the crowd? You desist."

Jadmai wanted to slow things down and get a view of the area, see if there was somewhere to slip away. It couldn't matter too much right now, he had too many eyes on him.

"Besides, do you really want to take me home?" Jadmai asked to those around him. "You need to stop as well...I can't remain peacful if fists and swords are going to be swinging at me."

Jadmai can't help but exaggerate at 'sheathed', stashed was more fitting--he never owned a sheath.
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel
Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

Disappointed that his hook hadn't connected with anything substantial, Gorgo damned himself for lessening his daily combat training in favour of his beer brewing ambitions. Now he had to engage the bladed guard once more. Gazing up unfazed at the threat, the man's exclamation took him by surprise. "Put down your weapon and be taken to the dungeon."

To the dungeon, what is he talking about? I'm not going to the dungeon. For what? His head started to turn a dark crimson. Gorgoniy felt his temper claw its way up again. "I am not going to any dungeon. I've only just arrived. My goal is the best brothel you've got, no dark and dingy dungeon. No sir, not me!"

Before long the small jack tar realised that the guard apparently had placed his remark as a token peace offering. Instead of awaiting the halfling's reply he was on the offensive once more. His slightly curved sword advanced already. Gorgoniy realizing his predicament tried to convince his opponent to give quarter by uttering one last shrill argument. "Go ask the Magistrate, look at his files. Truly I've only arrived today. I don't even know what all this is about!"

Not sure whether his reasoning would appease the advancing figure, Gorgo raised his wicked hook in defense. Piercing his focused attention was a cry clearly pointed at the guard attacking him:"You attacking the small one, you are not letting him stand down--would you stand down?" This was only oil on the simmering cinders of his anger. What is he thinking, I can handle myself! Survival has nothing to do with stature!
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha heard Aeris with a mixture of suprise and rage, a being so pure and benevolant was beside him fighting for others, a being that life no doubt cradled into its eternal bosom as she fed upon the joy of others. Alaha had no such feelings inside him and his brain already worked to bring the information to his advantage. Besides Nabob's stall he began to work his way to an area populated by guardsmen, he would rely on his own powers of persuasion to save his fat behind as ever.

As he moved away from the main fighting he turned round and from his height pointed a fatty and dirty finger at Aeris, a coy smile appeared on his fat and disgusting lips as he hollered in a voice that rasped against his filed teeth "That one! The pale woman! She is the leader here, take her and the rebellion falls men of the Rafao! I am one of you a supporter of our Lord in his palace, the pale one! The pale one! Strike down the pale one!"

Alaha smiled and called to Aeris, "I may have forced you to look after yourself now pale one!" Gently Alaha moved towards the guardsmen holding his hands out wide to show he was not fighting them, still he struck any slaves that were near him.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

The intense pain rend thorough her hysterics. Her visions clouded with black spots as pain and ache embraced her. Cold sweat covered her golden body and she felt like she was drifting off to the void of numbness where only pain matters.

She knew that Alaha had put them on a well guarded area and looking for one, she added her persuasion with her partner's command to the guardsman. "You!" She imperiously pointed to the guards around them. "Protect us and the Rafao and Yabal will justly and handsomely reward you." She hoped that her command would be accepted with post haste and that Yabal's name carries something great.

"I am deeply hurt, Sadyr." Khy'lla focused her attention to the man and groaned. "Please put me down somewhere safe." She pleaded between silent sobs and checked herself for any stab wounds. "What is all this riot? I am so afraid for my life!" She started to sob and cry again, panic beginning to claim her.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow

Post by Guest »

Murat turned to the white haired woman and spoke calmly but sternly towards her and the guard. "I suggest you both try and calm everyone down, before more people are getting hurt. I cannot stand idle when innocent people are being killed, which goes for both sides. The killing has to end, right now!" The last sentence was almost bellowed at them, as the half giant tried to make use of his imposant figure and the little skill he had in persuasion. "Killing eachother is not a solution to this situation." He eyed the guardsman and added a few words to make his point. "Slaves or not, they aren't cattle that can be butchered whenever you feel like it. The both of you should be wise enough to realise this. These are after all still human beings we are talking about, who will defend their lives if they have to. A dead slave is no good to anyone and by threatening to kill them, you're only making matters worse."

Now the massive head swung towards Aeris again and the half giant shook his head. "Do you think you know a way to calm everyone down, including the fop with the makeshift staff?"
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

Aeris' posture didn't flinch as her whip came in contact with the guard's arm. A flicker of a smile wasn't seen, she was just content with the weapon not plunging itself deep within Jin's back. Aeris was a docile creature for the most part, she wasn't aiming to kill anyone tonight.

"Jin, grab the blade," she shouted over the roar of guards and slaves. The maiden was against killing for sport any everything short of survival, but it was something she avoided at all costs. However, she wasn't opposed to having others kill at will, the fair skinned woman had just simply never had the mind set.

Suddenly, the tide changed dramatically and the human she had just scolder turned on her like a rabid dog. He was a fool. Anasis would surely had rewritten her plans for his soul as he uttered the fateful words that made him an enemy. The Rafao's guard wasn't exactly a foe, they were more like an obstacle. All Aeris and the slaves were attempting to do was buy some time so Nadia could cure the Rafao of his current ailment ... it didn't seem it was going to be as easy as they all had considered.

"Oh, really.." Aeris said as the traitor uttered the last of his speech. The apprentice lashed her whip, loud spiteful cracks echoing even above the chaotic shouts of death. Aeris worked her way back to Alaha and stood before him. She watched her back and Jin's, since the seductive slave was far more important than the rabid dog. Since the hefty man was still holding the dancer, Aeris kneed the standing man in the crotch. Aeris considered that she would be sinking down to his level of maturity, but the notion quickly faded as she had contemplated what he had just done.

The swan maiden made her way back to the battling slave-man. Jin seemed to be an adrimable fighter and an even better protector. It had surely earned him some brownie points. "I told you ... I am not without my own wiles," she said with a bright, beaming smile. The mysterious woman scanned her surroundings ready to strike when the situation arose.

Her attention shifted to the monterous person that was demanding for her to stop all of this. "There is only one way to cease the riot, and I won't do it. This is all for the good of the Rafao ... blood is always needed in the fight for a good cause," she replied. Aeris was waiting for a hint from Nadia or Jin and the maiden would fly into action ... but until then, she fought like a commoner of Abu`Sahir.
Last edited by Aeris Mourir on Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Rakhash’s eyes opened in dismay as the guard’s sword cut right through the makeshift staff that he was holding. Evidently, this was not going to be anywhere near as easy as he thought it would be originally. Watching for some kind of opening as his opponent quickly prepared himself for another attack, Rakhash found himself faced with glaring proof that he was a young, inexperienced fighter going up against a professional soldier. That thought, rapidly gaining strength in his mind, was one of many that his opening defeat had brought about, and just a drop in the sea of worrisome doubts that was rapidly welling up within him.

Glancing over quickly to make sure that Lianelle and the young boy were all right, Rakhash focussed his attention back on the matter at hand. The young man tried to recall the lessons that had been taught earlier in his life, the different kinds of defenses and attacks that had been engrained in many of his studies, but the torrent of emotions that rushed throughout him promptly washed those specific memories away with them. He was left, grasping at forms and stances that he couldn’t quite catch. Hazily, his world coated in a myopic glaze of fury and terror, he spied his enemy still working at untangling himself, and resolved himself to act.

Instinct took over once more. In the absence of clear recollection when it came to his practice with a staff, the basic skills that he had practiced time and time again until they were known even subconsciously, and raw logic, were the tools within himself at his disposal. Silently, tearing a sense of calm from the tumultuous emotions that waged war within him, he endeavoured to examine the situation objectively. He would have to, if he was to victor over a man who clearly had an advantage in terms of experience and skill with a weapon. Blinking voraciously, the acrid stench of lamp oil rising into the air, Rakhash renewed his assault.

The bludgeoning weapon he had attacked with from the start was no longer the same, the guardsman’s sword having cut the tip into a sharp point. Rather than attempting to reapply the same, overpowering tactic he had before, the young man moved to strike with the opposite school of offensive thought in mind. His enemy was still slightly disoriented, so he opted for speed, rather than power. Attempting to find a hole in the man’s defenses, Rakhash ran forward, feinted left, and then cut right, ramming the sharp end of the staff forward towards the guard’s underbelly. All of his strength went into the thrust, as adrenaline and pure emotion fueled him once more. Silently, he hoped that the attack would hit, would bring a victory for the cause he was fighting for, and for the people near him that were counting on him here and now.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The guard's second punch toward Jadmai hesitated a bit as the dark adhiel commented on the fact that he had just been hit in the mouth.. by a fist. As Jad's hand pulled back, it was reddened slightly by blood, his lip has been split. The words had caught the guard by surprise and gave Jad the advantage he needed to step away from him in time to avoid the second punch. Being trained in combat, however, the warrior wasn't about him to get too far away. He kept parallel to the dark adhiel and waited for a moment of weakness that he could take advantage of. Such a time did not present itself, instead the guard kept near by Jad until he saw another slave that provided an easier target and turned to brawl with him, leaving Jad to speak without being attacked.

The first guard Jad spoke to, the one who was with Gorgoniy, glanced up to the dark adhiel and paused a flicker, as if considering the words. This gave him enough time to listen to the halflings words as well. "Then throw down your weapon and leave this place, and there will be no reprocussions. Leave the Foreigner's Court, do not continue with this riot, and all will be well." He voiced, but now, rather than looking as if he might attack at any moment, he took a stiff position of defence, as if he were prepared to save his own skin should the hook come any closer to him than it was already. The weapon was menacing looking, and he didn't want to have to deal with such a wound, it made him feel queasy and reminded him of being a fish being reeled in.

Jadmai's words to the second guard seemed to fall on deaf ears. He was too far, and there was too much shouting for the unarmed guard, Jin, Aeris, or Murat to hear him. Instead he was merely adding to the loud sounds that filled the market square. As he looked around Foreigner's Court, there were plenty of alleys offshooting the main area, but most, if not all had been blocked off by guards who stood keeping in the masses. A few people were slipping out by one of the merchant stalls, going into the small alley.

As the people disappeared everyone could see a shift in the ratio of guards to slaves. Now only the men and braver of the women remained fighting. Many slaves had been thrown to the ground and tied, and then were tossed onto a cart pulled by two camels, to be brought to the dungeon. Looking around, it appeared that it was about one to one. There was an even distribution so that many fought in single sparring matches, but even so, the guards had weapons, and many of the slaves did not.

Thanks to the lessening amount of slaves, Alaha was finding his way through the crowd easier than he might have a few marks before. When he started shouting out his demands to the guards, they didn't move. Instead, they continued with their fighting, since that was more important at that flicker, they were making sure their skin was saved.

Because of this, Aeris easily wound through the group. There was no place that was entirely populated by guards, there was no place that Alaha was completely safe, but he had managed to wedge himself somewhere where there were more warriors than slaves. With the weight of Khy`lla still on his shoulder, adding the fact that she was struggling and thrashing, made it nearly impossible for him to defend himself as the swanmaiden came upon him.

If what the dancer from Anurith's felt was pain, then what Alaha felt in that moment was beyond pain. His stomach turned, and the need to throw up was overwhelming, so much so that he wouldn't be able to hold it in and soon found himself emptying his stomach contents onto the city streets. The sharp pain throbbed with each heart beat, and it seemed to somehow coincide with each step the swanmaiden took as she walked away from him.

During this whole process Khy`lla had been dropped, and she now resided on the ground next to his puddle of vomit. As she checked herself for wounds she would fine none that were obvious, however her side was very tender, and each time she took in a breath a searing pain burned at her. It was somewhat difficult to breath, but not so much that she was feeling lightheaded, instead she was just able to take in small breaths, and her hysterics weren't helping to control her breathing. She was going to need to calm down, and it would probably help if someone were trying to help her.

"Aeris!" Jin called as he grabbed up the weapon that she had caused to fall from one of the warrior's hands. He hefted the sword and turned on his attacker who, having lost his weapon, departed to find another. And then she was walking away. He followed her with his eyes and watched what she did to the merchant. Immediate sympathy pains rose through his groin, even if he hated the fellow, it was a horrid fate. Jin, do not piss her off. When she returned he waited for the half-giant, Murat, to speak before he did. "Yeah.. Wiles indeed..." He paused. "Aeris, if there was something you planned on doing, whatever it was that you and Nadia were talking about, then this would be the time to do it. We're losing ground, and we aren't going to be able to keep them distracted for long. Get somewhere high.. and safe."

The handsome slave looked at Murat. "Bloodshed, my friend, is absolutely necessary at this point. Trust me when I tell you we are saving innumerable lives by this sacrifice." His dark eyes seemed honest, and they were righteous in a way, as if he were powered by some inner belief that what he was doing was unavoidable.

The unarmed guard who had been attacked by both Aeris and Murat stood between them and still felt quite unprotected, but it seemed as if none of them were going to come after him, and that was a better fate than many of his comrades. He spoke to Murat in turn. "We are only defending the city from these rebels." He nearly spat the word out. "How can you say you are fighting for the Rafao, when you kill his army?"

And almost entirely on cue, as if he somehow summoned them, the rest of the Rafao's army poured into the streets from the guard barracks. They were all prepared, they wore armor and with trained discipline they started through the streets tying up the slaves, but not killing them the way the guardsman had. Coralling the commoners, they moved through the people, and as they did, they also disarmed the guards, to prevent any more bloodshed. They were all still a good distance from Nabob's stall, however, and it would take them some time to reach where all the activity was.

As Aeris scanned around for a place that was high, for a good vantage point, to be seen and to see, she saw many stalls that could provide such a place, but it wasn't going to be easy to get up onto one without assistance. Nabob's stall, however, had a ladder along side it, leading up onto the covered roof, and it was centrally located. Infront of it there was much fighting. What she had yet to realize, was that, thanks to her attack upon Alaha she had become a target of the guards. They saw what she did, and they had decided to take his warning to heart. It did seem as if a lot of people were speaking to her, and she was so different from everyone else that was around, that it was a logical assumption she was in charge, though they hadn't thought of it until Alaha brought it up. Silently they were coming upon her, and prepared to attack the beautiful creature.

Lianelle, Rakhash, and an unnamed slave boy stood before a guard and that was what Aeris could see of the battle. If she approached she would be able to get a much cleared point of view of what exactly the Champion of Innocence was doing as well as what the princess was up to.

Lianelle, having decided that the young boy needed help quickly, made several obscure movements with her hands, and then moved her palm over his arm. The blood remained, but she closed the wound and then looked upon Rakhash. Their eyes met for just a flicker as he checked upon her. I love you. Her arms were around the shoulders of the young fighter, both protectively and making sure he didn't run off to do more fighting.

The princess' heart stopped as her bodyguard leapt into action. She closed her eyes and turned her face away, afraid to look at what had happened. The young boy, however, was alert and watched as Rakhash found a hole in his defences as he slashed one last time at the awning as he tried to free himself. As he did so, and raised his arm, he left himself open. He wasn't expecting any sort of direct attack. A strange squelching sound filled air as the sharpened staff drove right through the guardman's stomach.

He yelled a gutteral growl sound as he dropped his weapon and looked down at his belly where the wooden shaft jabbed through him. Moving his jaw, opening and closing it, he didn't breathe, but instead looked at the man who wielded the hand of death. Yanking on the heavy wooden staff he pulled it from his torso, and as he did, his insides spilled outward and mixed with the lantern oil. The heavy scent of copper filled the air around them.

Lianelle opened her eyes and gasped. She couldn't believe that Rakhash, so quiet and shy, had just done that. Knocking a man out was one thing, but he had killed him. Or, atleast, he was in the process of dying as he fell to the ground and his eyes stared up blankly, the irises dimming. No other guards attacked Rakhash. Instead, they gave him a wide berth. The warriors had yet to come upon him, they might decide otherwise.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha felt the colour red was very appropriate in this situation. The burning rage at the pale woman was one reference to that most garish of colours. The blood that now rushed to his lower body was another as he writhed in pain on the floor. His two large hands grasped at his tender crown jewels as he tried to somehow grasp the pain away all inv ain of course.

He felt inherently stupid as his tattoed head lay upon the polished stone and he saw the woman's feet moving through the crowd like a swiftly flowing stream through rocks. He longed to wrap his hands around her throat and squeeze for all he was worth. Watch the life leave her fragile body and watch her face as she looked at his eyes and realised he was the victor.

However in this case even blind rage could not nullify the numbing pain Alaha felt. It was with some difficulty that he moved himself up to his knees and looked down at Khy'lla "Go now, crawl to safety I have to finish this." Alaha looked up and summoning all his strngth continued his bellowing cries to the guards, the rasping voice flying upon the breeze and spreading from the cruel, thick mouth. "Go you men of the Rafao, she seeks to bring down the state, bring down your god king, bring your ire and the ire of your gods against her. She is a demon and seeks to pit the slaves and the guards against each other to sate her appetite for bloodlust. Do not trust her, see her pale skin, she is not of the city, she is not of this plane! Turn on her now and end this bloodshed, why must so many die to satisfy the whim of one being!" Alaha grinned to himself, the grin soon checked by the pain again, "See her unearthly beauty, she is the snake slithering under the flower, engulf her quickly! Finish her and stop the rebellion you men of the Rafao! You men of the King of Asps! You warriors of the desert!"

Alaha could not substain the pain however and he gently fell to his side again feeling regret at his actions. He should have never called out for now someone may plunge a blade into him and that would not be good in the long run. His quest for power was greater than this, he should be the vizier directing these troops not the commoner lying at their feet. Things seemed to make sense as the pain slipped to a numb throbbing, power was certainly not acheived through speaking directly, one should get others to do their work. Had Alaha some guards he would have been safe, had he been in a position of power he could wreak terrible revenge, but now all he could do was pitifully try to influence the guards.

He lay on his back like a colossal turtle, even now he could feel his internal wounds. The ulcers and sores that accompanied rich living, he could feel himself oozing. He always knew he would have little time on this earth, but the road to power was invariably slow and involved much work. Alaha knew the preisthood may be quicker but he would need to find a way. Aeris had not given him a kick in the teeth as such no the kick occured much lowerbut the affect was the same, he would need to reassess his situation before like the Asp striking back lightining fast after a minor retreat.

Alaha tried to stand, when he could stand he would try to hobble away from the frey and meet Kha'lla, he would need to go and sleep somewhere. He hated the pain he felt at the moment but he would revisit the pain a thousand times on the pale woman and finish her if the murderous guards did not. He grinned to himself but by god he hoped this latest twist in his book did not compromise the furthering of his dynasty!
Last edited by Gully Drervo on Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

Her eyes caught sight of several vantage points about the market. None looked particularly great except for Nabob's stall. It was in the center of the bazaar, and all of the people below would be able to witness such a spectacular event. It was just a thought, she wasn't planning on doing anything until Jin's voice floated into her ears a bit more desperate than the self-assured man he pretended to be.

"This has gone on long enough," she whispered to no one specifically. "You both look at me along with everyone else in this court yard. Everyone's mind is set on that I am not as simple or human as the rest of you, well, you are right," her eyes looked as if something inside of her body was working slightly differently. Her body shifted to her bodyguard. "You're a good guy, Jin ... I hope the best for you," the woman didn't wait for a comment, Aeris was prepared to lose the slave-man after he knew what she truly was. As she walked away from the two novice warriors she added, "when I get to the top of Nabob's hut, look away from me," Aeris left it uneasily cryptic.

The lively woman was truly amazed that the injured man was still on her case. She didn't really grasp the concept of targeting her, besides the fact of sheer spite. Aeris let the notion go, since hope was lost on the man at the current flicker. It didn't seem to phase her in the least and it didn't. Her own mind was fixed on getting to her destination. However, while she walked the sly female rolled her hips a certain way, a seductive way. If anything, these guards loved the sight of a beautiful woman .. and she was determined to use it to her advantage.

Post by Guest »

Rakhash felt a surge of exuberance as the pointed edge of his makeshift spear hit its target, punctured flesh, and ran deep into his enemy’s gut. So much fear had made itself a fortress out of him, so much anxiety had washed through him, that to actually have achieved an outcome the opposite of what he had assumed was something truly glorious. He had achieved a victory where he had become almost sure he wouldn’t, had managed to pull a calm from a raging storm, and used it to overcome this obstacle. For a few moments, as the man who had harmed and sought to harm innocents struggled to come to terms with what had just occurred, Rakhash exalted in his victory and his relief.

Even as he felt his fears dissipate, however, a new wave of emotions fought to fill the vacuum left in their wake. Suddenly the noise of the crowd that filled the square seemed distant and subdued, and the sights and smells that emanated from his immediate surroundings seemed altogether clearer. He looked down at the guardsman on the ground, growling as he wrenched the bloody wooden spear from his stomach, and felt as though any victory that had just been won was perhaps not worth the price. Doubts came flying back to him, not about his ability to do what he had to, but this time to question the morality of what he had done. As though sick, the young man stumbled backwards, before falling to his knees and letting out a small moan of despair.

What have I done? Can anything justify my crusade, my zeal, when the price is this? Life itself is our most precious gift, not something that should ever be taken away lightly or without proper justification. Couldn’t I have done less to him, removed him from this battle alone rather than the world I seek to save through my cause?

Silently, the things around him barely truly registering within him, Rakhash turned to face Lianelle again, more than slightly aware of the overwhelming scent that loomed around them ominously. What kind of monster did she see, looking back at him now? There was only so far a man could go before he lost some of the innocence that clung to his existence. Looking at the beautiful woman, however, he found something staring back at him from which he realized the strength he needed could be drawn from. He became reminded, unbidden by his own muddled desires, of the promise he had made to protect the princess, and of the true depth of the cause he fought for.

Anasis forgive me. The cause is worthy, I know looking at her, but make this enough of a price for you to provide the safety for her people that I yearn to provide for her. Make the side of the right’s victory be swift, because so help me, I’ll see more of men doing their duty dead and dying to make sure she doesn’t have to watch it happen to her own people.

He hoped fervently that the woman he loved wouldn’t think any less of him for what he had done. It was something that would have to wait, however, as the world suddenly came back into focus, and Rakhash realized that the situation was still dire. He quickly went forward, ignoring the spear that was now lying on the ground next to the guard, and instead opted to grasp the guard’s blade. The young man may not have been as proficient with a weapon like that as he was with a staff, but it seemed logical to assume that people might be more intimidated by a large man with an actual blade rather than just a stick that had been inadvertently sharpened. Rapidly he surveyed the scene, and upon noticing that the guards were practically ignoring him, he moved over to the princess and her temporary charge.

“Are you alright?” He asked suddenly, to both of them at once. Rakhash tried to smile reassuringly but found himself still far too overcome by the situation to make it convincing. Still, he had a grip on himself and his emotions, so that was something he could build on. He gazed specifically into Lianelle’s eyes with a look that apologized silently for the things he had done, before looking out into the market once more. “We should keep moving. I don’t want to pick a fight with any more guards, so I hope that whatever it is Nadia is planning to do occurs soon.” He shrugged, before pointedly trying to determine the best way in which to traverse the crowded area.
Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

With a giant effort Gorgoniy tried to keep his clawing temper from reaching his mouth. A rash statement, now, most certainly would find him gazing up at the moon through steel bars tonight. His sunburned, coarse face reached an epic height in its resemblance to a ripe tomato. It wasn't clear, the least to Gorgo himself, whether it was because of the unfair accusation that he had something to do with this damned riot, or the sheer exertion needed to keep the ferocious flames of his fury at bay.

Slowly and carefully the old sailor formulated his response. "Good, I will do as you propose." Trying to move his hands as sedately as possible he let them dangle at his sides. "As for throwing down my weapon...Err...you might notice that I don't have a weapon. I lack a hand and replaced it by the hook." Once more Gorgoniy's temper tried to escape his firm grip. Stupid guard, not the brightest of the crew! Weapon, weapon, if he doesn't shut up I'll give him my weapon. Up his arse that is!

From the corner of an eye he kept the dark Elf in his sights. He had decided to present that one with his outspoken opinion on the unwanted interference. Gorgo sure was more than capable of taking care of his own business. If he wanted a babysitter he would get one. She sure would be prettier than that bloke…although the Adhiel did resemble a pretty lady if you looked at him through your eyelashes. Snorting the salty jack tar realized he had been at sea too long.

Post by Guest »

Murat shook his head at the reaction of the guardsman and figured that he had just about enough of the man, then replied with a voice that stung with the dislike he had for the man. "I haven't killed anyone yet tonight, keep talking this way and I might alter that fact." With a very swift motion he swung the flat of the shield for the guard's head, attempting to render him unconcious. The swiftness of the half giant was mostly due to the techniques he had learned in his martial arts studies. He had dosed the amount of force he used, to be sure not to kill the man, but he would either have a damn good headache the next morning, or not even recall a thing if that blow hit him the way the half giant calculated upon.

With a glance to Jin after he had made his move, he replied the slave. "I prefer keeping them alive, if you do not mind. Somehow killing the Rafao's men does not feel right, but perhaps you can enlighten me a little, while we try and refrain from getting ourselves killed? I hear heavy footsteps echoeing through the air, which can only mean that the real soldiers are not going to be long from arriving here." The half giant followed Aeris' line of her footsteps with his eyes and motioned to the ladder at the side of Nabob's stall. "If you want to keep her alive, then I suggest we remove that ladder after she used it, or render it useless." With a grin he pointed at the falchion and nodded to the slave, meaning to indicate to him that he could cut through a good number of the sports in a swift blow, if that should be needed.

In his mind he was searching for a way out of this situation. The work he had lined up for tomorrow might be jeopardised by the events of this night and would surely do so, if he would not turn up at the given hour in the morning. Seeing as he stuck out in a crowd like a sore thumb, with his size accounted for, provided that the guards could tell one half giant from another. Thinking of the dark elf he had spoted earlier, his chances weren't that bad. A half giant was not an uncommon thing in these parts, whereas one of his kind would surely be remembered.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai slowly started to walk keeping an eye for any guards trying to blindside him.

He gave the guard a piercing gaze, staring him directly in the eyes, "I will disarm, but I am going to a dungeon. Leave me be, and I will do the same to your men. I didn't start this--I don't even know what the hell this is. Just wanted an apple, big guy. Leave me be."

Jadmai, slowly and carefully removed the three stiletto blades and and four daggers, tossing them softly on the ground.

Next he would move towards Rahkash, the man who was sentenced to death, as he was silent. He did not speak up at time, because it was not his business, and he was simply following his assigned escort from his earlier day of sighseeing.

The man seemed to have a purpose in this, and it wasn't saving his skin, but that of the girl. A man like, who thinks of another during battle, has to have the calm to get out of this situation...and he needed to find somebody who would tell him what's going on, and not outright attack him.

That was his new smaller goal as he stepped away from his blades, and tried to weave between masses, using the gods given gifts of his heightened sight, but more important reflexes.

He left a lot of blades behind, and he felt slightly naked because of it. Still sideways pushed against his body by his belt, in a sideways fashion so that it hid right behind it. Unless a guard was feeling randy, it would be hard to see.

With this tiny amount of confidence that still left with him, he made his way for sentenced man.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: I have to say that I have been so impressed with all of the posts in this thread, you are all doing a great job! :D

IC:

The guards seemed charged by Alaha's words. They didn't have a leader among them, they were too busy fighting their own skirmishes, the speach by the large merchant somehow united them and made them realize that they were doing this for the Rafao, no matter what anyone else was saying, no matter what the wicked slaves screamed out. Their cries were barely distractions now, as the group threw the unarmed to the ground and tossed them aside as if they were rubbish.

All of the guards who were not immediately involved in a battle turned, and began following Aeris at the command of Alaha, though really, it made perfect sense. She didn't belong here, not now anyhow. If it were tradetide and the tourists and travellers intermingled with the crowd, perhaps they might not see her as such a target, but her fair skin, shining in the night like the moon itself, made such an impression on them, they thought her to be a spirit. There were slaves from other isle, other continents even, but she was different.

Alaha's quick spirited and vile message spread among the guards as if it were fire pushed by a great wind. The slaves turned, realizing that one of the few who were in charge of them was in danger, and they drew together. At the same time, the guards drew in and protected Alaha with their force and it allowed him an easy out into the outskirts of the fighting where Khy`lla had found herself, hiding behind a bushel of hay away from the tormented calls of help from the slaves and guards alike.

The seductive movements of the swanmaiden did little to slow their approach on her, however she had the advantage of a headstart as well as a group of slaves now putting their lives on the line, thinking she were in charge because of Alaha's words. Aeris cut through the slaves easy enough, they didn't block her path, but as she neared Nabob's stall, there was a small group of guards, merely three, staring ominously at Rakhash as they considered whether or not the three of him could take him down if they all attacked at once. He already had two bodies at his feet however, which was somewhat daunting. As Aeris approached she could see that Rakhash and the princess were talking, with a slave boy at their side.

"Yes, I'm alright." Lianelle said, looking at her champion with a thankful, but almost fearful, look in her eyes. "I think we are safer here then if we go out there." Her dark watery eyes looked out at the fighting, so many small battles occuring, and the true trained army moving foward at a pace to hasten the beating of any man's heart who had need to be afraid of them.

Screams called out as men hit the ground, their last words a prayer to their god, or to their Rafao, or maybe to both. They spoke their wives names, many of which had met and been married just hundreds of paces from the very spot where they died. Some cried as they were thinking of their sons, boys, who would need to be men following the death of their fathers. Empty eyes, lost souls, they stared upward at the heavens, dreaming of something better than what they had experienced in life. Anasis pulled them into her gentle embrace and calmed their fears. It was those that remained, those that continued to fight, that screamed the loudest. They grunted and attacked with a ferosity known only to the desperate. These were their countrymen they fought against, and yet, that seemed to have no effect on them. Blood was blood, and blood filled the Foreigner's Court.

Perhaps it was because the Goddess was so busy collecting her children that she couldn't answer Rakhash's prayers as she had before, when she had visited him and spoken to him in his cell in another time of need. In any event, no guidance came to him, instead he stood, looking at one of the most beautiful women who had ever lived, her simple dress of blue dappled with blood at the hem and her hands crimson. She looked down at her own palms and bushed them across her thighs, leaving handprints behind from the slaveboy's wound. Her nails were rimmed with it still, like they had been when he first found her, in the streets of Foreigner's Court, but how different she was from the huddled mass he had happened across, now she was infused with strength, and as she looked up at him again, there was a source of energy in her eyes. Perhaps Anasis knew that was all he would need.

"Look." The princess said, glancing across and seeing the ivory skinned woman moving their way. "Aeris!" She called to her but her face changed somewhat as she saw that the three guards that had been eyeing Rakhash now turned on her, they each had a blade at the ready. "No! Leave her be." Crouching down she picked up a rock from the street and threw it at one of the men. She had good aim, Rakhash already knew that from her rescue. Her rock bounced off the back of the had of one of the guards, causing him to turn, and growl. Breaking off of the trio he charged toward Lianelle.

That left Aeris with two of the guards standing between herself and the alleyway. They sneered at her as she approached, her curved body was something to be appreciated if she were a dancer at Anurith's, but their eyes were more focussed on her whip. "What are you gonna do, babe? Gonna give me a good whack? Gonna make it hurt good? I'd like that." One of them said, his gravelly voice running through her body. "Make it hurt, sugar." He raised his his weapon and beckoned her forward, now about seven feet apart. The other guard stood back, giving his friend his fun.

Murat and Jin on the other hand, were going to have plenty to entertain them after Alaha's pep talk. Five guards were trailing Aeris, and were not swayed by her satcheting hips. Murat had already felled one guard, for his heavy shield knocked him unconcious exactly as planned. "I think I'll worry about the ladder after we take care of them, friend." Jin said as he cracked his knuckles and looked at the five guardsmen. "Because I'm sure as anything not going to let them harm her, and if that involves killing them, well, that's a chance I'm willing to take. She needs to stay safe." He paused. "But you are right, I'd prefer to keep them alive." The slave agreed. "I knew some of these men from childhood, I don't want to kill them. Distraction would be best." His hand clenched the blade and then he started after them. "Hey!" He hollared, and grabbing a piece of fruit off of a stand he passed, Jin threw it at one of the guards.

Spinning on his heel the guard turned and hit his four buddies, passing along that they were being attacked from the rear. The others turned as well, looking at Jin and Murat. Squaring off, and judging their odds, three of the men set their shoulders and, with just swords in hand, and no armor of any kind, started toward the half-giant. That left the other two for the slave. "I'll watch your back if you watch mine." He gave a grin and then took a bite out of another fruit before he hucked it at the same guard he had hit before.

"You little runt!" He said. "Get em boys. We'll get the slut later." And so the two moved foward on Jin, and he began engaging them to the best of his ability. The other three, taking their leader's suggestion, moved on Murat. First, two came at him, the third taking a step back, and planning on jumping in when oppertunity came. One came at his right, with a blade in his left hand, aiming right for his midsection in a lazy attack that created a large opening for the entire right side of his body. The other moved toward Murat's legs with the notion of the bigger the are, the harder they fall. His blade sliced toward the half-giant's left calf.

Beyond all of the commotion of the fight, if Murat were trying, he would be able to spot Jadmai, now having relinquished all of his visible blades at the command of one of the guards. The guardsman seemed satisfied by that, and so let Jad be. "Get out of the Market." He said, and then turned to Gorgoniy. "A hook? What are you some midget pirate?" The thought of it seemed to make the halfling seem like much less of a threat. "Get off then." He then turned to another slave, having decided that disarming a slave was a better way to spend his time.

As Gorgo could easily see, even easier now without a blade menacing him, Jadmai was slipping between the slaves and guards alike, his lithe adhiel body sliding between them and narrowly avoiding their swords and lost punches. The halfling now stood in a somewhat empty area, and there was a good reason for it, the crowd of slaves were fleeing from an oncoming army. Men wearing read, as if swathed in blood itself, tore through the streets gathering up those who were in their way. They were immediately tied and incapacitated. Gorgoniy was right in their line. If he wanted to get away, he was going to have to run into an alley off the Foreigner's Court, or immerse himself in the battle, and forge onward toward Nabob's stall where all the hustle and bustle was, as well as where the dark adhiel was going. If he chose to follow behind the Gulanadur resident then he would be just paces from the small pile of daggers he had left behind.

Jadmai, now with only one weapon to his name, moved through the crowd with a swiftness only known to the adhiels. His heightened senses, as well as increased night vision thanks to spending so much time in a darker locale, helped immensely. Naked of blades or not, he didn't have any difficultly until he managed to get to Nabob's stall. Once he did Jad was faced with several small battle scenese. Aeris was faced off against two guards, only one of which attacked, the other hung back. Beyond that the princess that Rakhash stood by was about to be attacked by a man with a blade. A half-giant, Murat fought alongside Jin, a slave, with three men prepared to attack him, and another two for the slave. Almost everyone was outnumbered, and there stood Jad, on the edge of the stall, able to see everything with a front row view.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Whimping, she found that breathing slowly helped her reduce the pain and her vision cleared.

Everything was in pure chaos and she breathed (slowly) a sigh of relief when the guards came. She saw how they were rallied by Alaha's words and Ky'lla felt pride by how the huge man had directed the guards towards the pale girl.

But everything dashed into pieces when she saw Sadyr fell like a giant tree, clutching and groaning with pain.

Freeing herself from her hiding place, the golden dancer stood up, Alaha's cloak fell from her shoulder --her full majestic figure appearing-- and she dashed to the guards protecting the great man, afraid that Sadyr would die. "No!" She gasped out loud. "Alaha! Don't die!" She screamed, Her pain was forgotten, she ran towards the fallen, gasping man, her braided her sweeping behind her, clad in her gossamer veils and yellow cloth.

"By Rafao," She cried imperiously towards the guards. "Don't let my brother die! Kill that woman and protect us, I am one of the Rafao's concubine!"

She imperiously pointed again to the white-haired woman. "Kill THAT wench, she tried to kill my noble brother or the Rafao will have all of YOUR head." Sobbing, she kneeled beside Alaha and tried to help him up. "Don't die on me, Alaha! We have many things to do!"
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Gully Drervo

Post by Gully Drervo »

Alaha looked up as Khy'lla stood over him, he winked softly, "Nay death shall not take me yet, it is more my.....more valuable parts that have been abused by that harpy." He grinned softly a look of pain coming over his face as he felt fresh aches to that most delicate of male anatomy. Gently he stood the pain slowly fading. "Come my dear, the riot does not need us now, let the guards deal with witch and let us return to your lodgings, I shall take a room with Master Yabal." Alaha smiled and put a hand round the girls waist holding her gently but not to hurt her wound.

Gently he began to lead her through the throns of guards relying on her beauty and his well dressed debauched look to see them safely out of the market. "I fear that woman may become something in this city, if she holds a grudge I shall have to crush her under my heel." Alaha walked slowly still but held his groin area moving towards the edge of the crowd from where he could escape the bustle of the riot.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

As Jadmai weaved through the crowds, he noticed that most guards didn't care to much about him to chase him actively, they would just rather take idle stabs and punches at him, this was quite fine by him. He was going to just keep running and get right out of this place and it's spontaneous violence, but out of the corner of his eye, he caught a familiar unarmed person being encroached on by a man with a sword.

His feet ached to carry him beyond all the chaos, but he just could do it. He kept up the facade that he was simply running for his life, and keeping good distance between him and the man advancing on the princess and he ran by him.

However, once he passed him, he would come to a stop, and turn around, and walk over so that he was directly behind the man weilding the sword. Quietly, but as quickly as he could he, because there wasn't that much need to be silent, he would come up from behind the attacker and just before he made his move he reached for his belt and grabbed his stiletto blade. Then he went to try wrap his arm around the man's next, and bring the stiletto blade to his neck.

If he was sucessful he would nestle his head against the man's.

"Do you really need to use a sword, because someone hit you in the head with a little rock? You stud. Now, how about you drop the sword? Hmm?"

He pulled his head away, but kept the stiletto firm to the guards next, trying to both watch his back, and keep an eye on his possible captive.
Last edited by Jadmai on Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Murat reacted instinctively, as the three guards came at him, after a quick nod to Jin, acknowledging his words. This was not the time to be solely relying on warrior skills, but he would use those of the martial arts as well. Within an instant, the half giant saw an opening and tried to use this to his advantage, as he moved with all the skill he had. As the guard on his left opened the attack towards his midsection, the huge man moved as fast as he could. While stepping to the right, he brought up his sword to deflect the guard's attack towards his midsection, so the man's blade would pass in front of him if he succeeded, then as he stepped into the man, he would pull his blade back hard, the round knob at the end of the pommel directed straight for the guard's head, fully meant to knock the man unconcious.

The second guard, losing his momentum by the half giant's move, would find his blade cutting nothing but air, the swing blocking the third man from stepping in, lest he'd be prepared to take the risk of being cut down by the blade of his fellow guardsman, as the only opening that was left for him was straight in front of the huge man, exactly where the blade of his fellow guardsman would come. That would give the half giant the breathing room he needed, with one guard less to worry about, if the move succeeded. The best thing of all, he hadn't struck out to kill any of them, which inwardly pleased Murat. He was solely defending himself and aside from rendering these guards unconcious, he had not made a single move to really harm them. A headache not counted as such, of course.

The other advantage of his course of action, would be that the remaining two guards would be on his left side, where his shield was, which would be easer to defend himself from the attack that would follow.
Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

Oh no, you don't! As Gorgoniy saw his unwanted rescuer make off through the crowd his annoyance once more crept up on him. Annoyance exploded into red hot fury, more fueled by the fear of moments ago than any real rancour against the Adhiel. Without a second thought the galled halfling set off in hot pursuit.

After only a few paces he noticed how other people around him started to run as well. Vargaz's sea-pocks! What now? Not slackening his pace he looked around to view the reason for the bolting masses. His mind registered the advancing troops. Uh oh, trouble's afoot! Then he tumbled over head first. Just before hitting the dirt he curled up his small body into a ball and rolled into the fall. Momentarily stunned he scrambled up again, kicking at the pile of weapons dumped right in his path by the fleeing Elf. Gorgo howled with rage: "May the Red Warrior tear you apart!"

In a feeble attempt to conserve some air for his 'tactical retreat', the rest of his curses were grumbled under his breath. Quickly the moody sailor bend down and started to stuff the daggers piled up at his feet into his clothing. He felt slightly better for stealing the damned man's arsenal. Fumbling with the weapons trying to force them into the many pockets of his breaches and jerkin he suddenly became painfully aware of the red clad army. Only three paces separated him from them at that moment.

Gorgoniy was determined not to end up netted and gagged, so with a nasty snicker he dashed off after Jadmai. All his energy focused on his target, he used his small stature to weave his way through the long legs of the running crowd. In a brave attempt to keep his head on his shoulders Gorgo dodged the wildly moving ellbows of the galloping people. His huge feet powered him through the throngs of Amun Rah'ians.
Last edited by Gorgoniy on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

"Thank you," she uttered to the slaves that placed all of their faith
not in their god or goddess, but her. The simple woman felt aweful
about having such an impact on the Amun Rah denizens, but it was for
the greater good they would be dying for. The Rafao was sick and with
their passing, and their delay of the following guards, she would make
sure that those priceless lives would not be wasted.

Her black eyes flicked to Rakhash and the Princess as she emerged from
the swarm of slaves. The sudden cry of Lianelle was enough to pivot
the Rafao's men around and make a new target. Aeris' memory switched
to her dream and knew that this particular woman was the route of the
desert's problems, the rebellions. Protect her, the swan's
mind screamed. Two bodies laid waste at Rakhash's feet and Aeris knew
that she was in good hands.

The apprentice studied the men as the idly walked up to her. As they
began to coax and harass her, she didn't quite bite. Aeris needed
them out of the way if anything. The woman snapped her whip in the direction of the beckoning man's face. She wasn't exactly aiming to take an eye out or anything, just attempting to freak him out a little. "Sorry, I'm taken," she commented with a sly smile.

Post by Guest »

Rakhash’s brow creased in a frown as Lianelle uttered her desire to stay in this area, where safety seemed most prevalent. Nodding in accession, however, he silently agreed with her analysis. His motivation to move was based more around the personal issues he was facing here, rather than the lack of safety. His conscience, though subdued, weighed down on him heavily as he smelled the blood of the fallen guardsman mixing with the acrid stench of lamp oil. The sight of the man’s body, his torn torso spilling forth blood like a fountain, left him almost sick to his stomach with guilt. Whatever this man had done, the young bodyguard could not help but wonder if he had gone too far, and upon concentrating on the issue, it left him almost panicked in his desire to leave the place behind.

Suddenly the princess leapt into action, crying out the name of the peculiar woman he had met in the inn, and hurling a rock to attract the attention. Turning towards where the rock had hit, Rakhash’s frown deepened into one of concentration and anger. Letting out a grunt, he stared hard into eyes that seemed so familiar in the hate the held within, and found within him the kind of logical resolve he had achieved before. Faced with such an immediate threat, the things that had enabled him to kill the last man that had come to harm them surged to the surface. Guilt gave way, and purpose filled the void.

So you won’t grant me reprieve yet, then, Anasis. Very well, but let it be upon another to wash clean the things that in doing this, I will do to myself, for I doubt very much that I’ll have the strength to scrub clean that stain alone. Glancing back to the woman he loved, her dress stained with the blood of one she had tried desperately to help and her eyes holding a kind of vigour that was stronger than when he had first met her, Rakhash knew that someone did have the strength. His resolve, not in question within himself, not breakable by a guilty conscience attempting to defend the harm the man before him sought to do, hardened even further.

Quickly, the young man gripped Lianelle’s torso and pulled her to the side, even in the heat of such an impending battle as he was bound to face making sure not to be too rough. Making sure that the beautiful princess was clearly out of the way of immediate harm’s path, he turned back to the guard, and hefted the blade in a manner that was menacing even with the lack of effort the achieve that affect. Preparing for the inevitable assault, he took a few steps forward and readied the weapon, placing even more distance beyond him for the guardsman to overcome to get to Lianelle. Already, the warrior scanned the enemy, trying to find a weak spot to exploit as he had before, waiting for him to close the little distance still between them.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Khy`lla and Alaha had no trouble trying to leave the marketplace. The had gotten to a predominently guard infested area, and they slipped easily through the crowd beyond into a back alley. Luckily they both knew the area well, and it wouldn't be too difficult to get back to Anurith's, they would just have to take the long way around everything and through the noble quarter in order to miss the mess in the center of the city.

As Jadmai ran through the streets of Abu`Sahir he saw the acts of violence from one countryman to the next. They all looked the same in his eyes. Shaved skulls and tunics of white or taupe. Dark skinned and yelling in the same dialect of common. Some words spilled by him unknown, many of which were expletives he had yet to encounter in his learning of the language of humans. Others he recognized, but it was all a blurr as he moved swiftly on trained legs meant for such an activity.

Just as the dark adhiel's muscles were beginning to burn with the exersion he came across Lianelle, her face was strong and prepared for whatever was coming her way, even though she was completely unarmed. Throwing another rock at the man, this one hitting him in the chest, she saw that Jadmai was approaching. Just as the dark adhiel's hand wound round the guard's neck with the sharpened stilletto, she stuck her tongue out, and then a surprised look took over her face as Rakhash grabbed her and pulled her aside.

The very unlucky guardsman now stood between what he thought to be an enraged assassin dark adhiel's stilletto and the sword of murdererous local. Not a good place to be sandwhiched by any stretch of the imagination. Jadmai's words echoed through his head and he nodded. "Yes. Please don't kill me.. I have a woman at home, and kids -- two of em. Ya know? You don't want em growing up without a pops, do you?" He dropped the sword in the midsts of his ramblings as his voice stretched and he tried not to cry thinking of his life ending already. He was maybe twenty five yahren. Many of the men who were running around killing and being killed were young men, just starting their lives. Such was the way of war, the young lose no matter what side they are on.

The sword clattered as it settled on the streets, and Rakhash was easily in reach to kick it away or to pick it up, whatever he saw fit. He was also in an easy position to see beyond Jadmai, and the guard who was approaching with blade lifted and prepared to strike, to stab him in the back. He had come from attacking Aeris. He had been the second guard prepped to go after her. The dark adhiel, thanks to his stance and to holding onto the guard who was posed to attack Lianelle, was at a disadvantage and couldn't see the attacker who was now just two feet behind him. There was a specific malice in the guard's eyes, as if he truely wanted the dark adhiel dead.

Lianelle stood behind Rakhash, quietly, watching with big eyes around the group of people. "The army is coming!" She said, looking over to where a sea of red ran through the streets, their bright togas cutting through the crowd and pulling people aside. They tied them and made short work of the slaves if they tried to strike out with force to kill the true warriors. Lianelle realized they had done what they set out to do, they had distracted the army atleast, and now there was a chance that she could save her people from unneccessary slaughter. What she didn't know was if it would be enough. She wondered how Nadia was faring with the priest and with the Rafao. The thought brought her back to everything, and she looked around, trying to find the swanmaiden.

Aeris was easily spotted. Lianelle saw her with her whip, cracking it in the air toward the guard and his lackey, and hoped that she would be able to do whatever it was Nadia had wanted her to do, and she hoped she could do it soon. Maybe it would end the bloodshed. Either that or it will make it worse.

At the snap of the snake-like weapon that Aeris carried, the guard took an inflexive step back. It was right about then that his companion, having seen that their other friend was being taken out by a villainous dark adhiel, left the scene, leaving Aeris with only the one guard, who was somewhat afraid of her whip, even if he wasn't letting on. "Aww, baby, who ever he is, I'd show you a better time." He regained his footing and his bravery, as well as ego, once the whip fell slack. Taking a large step forward he stomped down on the whip's tip. "Now you are gonna have to come here, my pet, if you want to show me some hurt." He gave a lecherous grin. "Come on, sweets, make it count."

Lifting a hand he beckoned her forward, tempted her to come to him. His blade was lowered now, he didn't threaten her with it, but it was just a breath away should he chose to raise it. Aeris was left with a few different options to persue. One of which, was to as he suggested, teach him how to feel the pain she could dish out, other than that, the only thing that stood between her and the ladder was a fight that seemed fairly well squared off. She could easily slip by it, and Lianelle stood close to the ladder, she was almost leaning against it. However, it was fairly unlikely that the guard wouldn't follow her.

The other guards who had been tailing the swanmaiden, who were now caught up in a battle with Jin and Murat, were wishing they had done something different with their lives. Especially those three who faced off against the half-giant, who were notorious for their bezerker rage as was seen in the last great battle that happened in Amun Rah when they rode upon their viscious raptors and brought a massive onslaught with them and death in their wake.

Against Murat the first took the pommel directly to the face. He hit the ground like a bag of bricks. The half-giant was getting good at knocking the guys out. It was better than what most everyone was doing, and that was killing then outright. Perhaps Uphuron guided his hand. The second guardsman anticipated the half-giant's movement, and so, he tilted his blade a bit further and rather than continuing on the same path, he pushed more to his left and used the built up inertia to swing the sword back around toward the outside of his lower left leg again. He was ducked down low to the ground, making himself an even tougher target to hit for the almost eight foot tall half-giant.

The second guard, having seen his buddy fall, ran straight forward almost at the same time that Murat was attacked. His blade was sharp, and he aimed it directly for the right side of the half-giant's torso.

Gorgoniy was having one eventful first evening in the new city, that was for sure. As he hit the ground thanks to the precariously placed weapons, he heard a slight snap sound from on his arm. One of the bands that held his hook on had broken thanks to the sudden pressure of his weight being pushed upon it with so much force. He managed to pick up the blades alright, but he could feel that the hook was much looser than it had been before, and threatened to fall off.

The pile of metal helped to wiegh him down a bit as he tore through the Amon Subhayans trying to catch up with the dark adhiel. As he did so, he managed to get caught up in a skirmish between a slave and two guardsman. The young, and handsome, slave (ooc:Jin), fought alongside a half-giant (ooc:Murat). The slave had been wounded already, perhaps more than once. What Gorgo could see was that his thigh was bleeding, and he was trying his best to stave off the attacks of the two guards. The sword he had been using was knocked from his hand, and he was now reduced to fighting the two of them bare handedly.

Beyond the slave, Gorgo could see the dark adhiel holding a guard he had attacked to protect a luminously beautiful woman. He still had a stilletto, obviously he hadn't dropped all his weapons. Another guard was creeping up behind him ready to drop a sword into his back. Gorgoniy had stumbled into the center of the action, and he could even see a strange white-skinned lady, carrying a whip, just a few paces away, fighting against a guard who seemed to taunt her with compliments.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”