Anurith's Golden Ram -- Tavern

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Anurith's Golden Ram -- Tavern

Post by Ashari »

This tavern, located in the very center of Abu`Sahir, is patronized by the upper layer of commoners, merchants, as well as the lesser nobility of the city. Adorned with gold paint and alight with a thousand candles, it is usually near full, with servants hurrying to keep up with the crowd's demands. A band of regular musicians plays instruments specific to Amun Rah's culture; to these swaying tunes, girls that are perfectly formed dance in costumes that don't have enough fabric in them to qualify for the state of 'dressed' in any proper circles of nobility. Honeyed spirits, dried spiced meats, and fruit are the common courses here, although a more substancial meal is available when requested.

The tender is Yabal, a large man who keeps his head shaved. A polite smile is ever present on his lips, at least until some patron wears his patience to thin, in which case he demonstrates admirable skill in Amun Rah's very own Flowing Sand style of martial arts. None of his servants are female, except for the ones who dance. When approached about payment for some time with one of the girls, Yabal will happily offer his sheep instead, for half price. After which most drop off, confused or disgusted.

It was into this environment that you stumbled. "Hello, can I get ye a mead?" Yabal asked, his demeanor open and friendly. The sparkled gold sequins of the dancing girls reflects the candle light and the little dots of light race around the walls of the room, almost hypnotically.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Skay

Post by Skay »

So this was where the girl ended up with legs that were quite tired to carry her any more. She needed a job or rather a new job and having spent practically all of her life in a village, where a tavern was a rare thing, she was quite happy to be in this one. Even if it did not look like one that she imagined back home. Either way, trying to ignore her tiredness, the half-elf walked to the man who seemed to be in charge. Before she could say anything, Skay was already offered some mead. And well... if she wanted to get a job or at least a suggestion where she could get one then she might just order something to drink and rest.

"Hello. Mead would be wonderful, thank you." While she waited for the response, Skay looked at the dancing and singing people. Her mother and father had given her basic dance and singing lessons as well as cooking. If this tavern owner would be nice, then she just might catch her luck. So swallowing her pride... "Excuse me, but perhaps this tavern needs a bit of help? I am looking for a job and if there is anything I could do to earn some money then you would save my life." With a smile, the half elf waited for the response from Yabal, while her heart seemed to be on the verge of jumping out.

Instantly her mind raced on what she would do if she would get no job here. She would just have one more useless day and lots of free time which would have to be occupied somehow. Going in search of someone who could teach her perhaps? Ah... she had a lot of goals. A lot of determination to reach them. Her human mother always told her that she would get her nose burnt if she would chase life this hard and that she should be much calmer like her elven father. But, Skay never listened, so this was why she was away from her parents, in some strange tavern, looking for a job that she would not have to go back to them defeated.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Samheen 21 -- Trade Tide

Skay had come just at the lunch rush, which Yabal predicted was going to be particularly difficult today. Though the Rafao had ordered that today be a holiday and that none work, that was more meant for the slaves than the merchants who survived off of the goods they sold everyday. Yabal had, therefore, left his doors open, and just two of his vested serving boys were around, as the others has opted out of working, which was entirely their choice.

The barkeep quickly poured Skay a drink and slid the honeyed spirit over to her. It was tangy at first, but then settled into a sweet after-taste filling her mouth with quenching liquid. There was only one girl dancing at the moment. She was wearing a pink dress draped around her body that had no sleeves and was only as long as to reach to her mid thigh. Beneath that a thinner fabric found it's way to the floor to blanket her in a warm pinkish glow. "You like the dancing?" Yabal asked curiously leaning in close to her. "Because I might have a position opening up to do just that, if you are interested. It is about the only thing I'll hire a woman to do in this place. I wouldn't put you out there to serve drinks, the men would tear you to pieces." He nodded sagely, as if at some point he had learned this lesson the hard way.

"But if you can feel the beat, then maybe you might want to have an audition?" His brow raised just a bit. "It's great money."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”