The Offering (SH 19 TT)

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

The Offering (SH 19 TT)

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

The largest temple in Gulanadur in size, shaped as a volacano, complete with large sculpted lava flows acting as stairs (painted red, though hard to tell with Gulanadur's light source being a constant purple hue) which lead to entrance, which is the 'volcanoe's' crater. From there stairs lead down to an extravagant place of worship. Imported red tapestries line the walls, and the pews are covered in equally exquisite yellow tapestries, for one of the aspects of Molten is of course fire, and even the hall of worship symbolizes this.

The Hall of Worship is wear the services are held, at tradetide, the sermons are firey and inspirational. Many priests or preistess in fact give sermons, every third Rasday, there are seven sermons. All of equal intensity.

No expense is spared with upkeep, and constant building of this temple, as among its worshippers are some of the more wealthy citizens of Gulanadur, for the greatest aspect of Molten, power, draws many of the well-to-do here. The temple rejects no worshippers of this echelon, no matter how their fortunes have been made
----------

Ssinith managed to make it for the sermon this time. He had brought with him his candles for a focus, as he was hoping to give what he learned as an offering to Molten once again. He had made a mad dash from the mages guild to make it in time for the sermon, wearing a loose red shirt and puffy golden pants. His hair was flailing behind him as he had realized the time and made himself as presentable as possible.

In the back of his mind, he was hoping he's run into Veridian again... or perhaps his sister if she was around.

But his wandering mind allowed his feet to meander as he ran down the steps, tripping over his own long hair and ending up reeling at about twenty to thirty steps to go with his arms desperately trying to get his balance regained.

"Whaaaaa!"
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Ssinith saw the steps begin to loom large in his eyes as he pitched forward. He had just enough time to comtemplate how painful this particular communion with Molten's Temple would be before he felt himself yanked backward by his shirt. He and his rescuer both overbalanced and fell to the steps soldily on their rumps.

"Haste makes waste young man. Thank Molten your lesson was not more painful." His rescuer chuckled from a few steps behind Ssinith. "Are you all right?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

*Blush*

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Ah... yes..." He replied sheepishly, running his fingers through his hair. "I am fine, praise Molten... and thank you."

He lifted his eyes to turn around to his rescuer, perking his ears up to meet eyes with him... hopefully. He gathered his things, wondering if anything spilled, placing them back in his satchel if need be. He blinked his eyes, hoping to get a better look.

"My name is Ssinith..." He began.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Most adhiel were slight of build. Even the elite Dark Knights, while undoubtedly strong, looked lean and deft. This adhiel was burly. Even the finely tailored clothing he wore could not hide the muscles beneath them. His white hair was cut short to his head and his eyes were as black as the jet buttons on his flame red outfit.

"And I am Marrek, Master Forger." He boomed in reply and offered Ssinith his hand. He rose to his feet and pulled Ssinith up with him. "Walk with me Ssinith. Let us praise Molten together this day and see for what reason He placed me in your path eh?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

A Forger?

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Praise Molten to be sure!" Ssinth exclaimed with a smile, shaking the firm hand that held him up. "... If I had been wearing my spectacles, they surely would have been broken. Might I ask what house you work for?"

He walked beside Marrek, gathering his satchel to his side, and making certain that he didn't lose anything while here. He took a tie from his satchel and started to put his hair in a ponytail while walking to prevent tripping again.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"That is a question with many different answers, friend Ssinith." Even when speaking softly there was a booming quality to Marrek's voice. "By birth and family obligation, I am proudly of House Maerret. Yet such is my skill that I have been recognized by the Noble House of Devir and can rightly claim them as my patron and my house." He spoke matter of factly about his place in the world with a due amount of price. "In my heart however, I serve Molten and am first and foremost His!" His voice raised at this final proclamation and many around them called back words of praise.

Ssinith noted that they kept walking ever further towards the front of the temple. They were either heading for the private areas at the front where the nobles and other favored of Molten worshipped, or Marrek was about to give the first sermon.

"So tell me of yourself, Ssinith. To whom to you give allegiance?" He asked.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Me?

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"I also havew a family commitment to Maerret to a certain degree." He replied. "They have owned a bookstore for two generations now, and they were able to grant me enough money to follow my dream of being a sorcerer... yet I never understood faith like my sister who became a priestess here..."

He started to speak a little louder with a smile.

"But that was until a few tides ago... I understood that in now coming of age, that I needed to take my faith more seriously. Upon arriving to thank him for my dream coming to pass, he blessed the path that I had chosen and I dedicated my heart and soul to Molten's greater glory! Through him, my dreams are possible. Through him, I know acceptance beyond the realms of skill! Of course my allegience lies with Molten! ... Though I understand I still have much to learn about faith... which is why I am here, as well as to offer Molten a display of my skill to show that I am doing his will and learning my craft as was his edict."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Well said, boy. Well said!" Marrek clapped him on the shoulder hard. He starts to steer them towards the right side of the Temple to the private boxes. There are several at the very front where the nobles in their finery are seated and behind those are the seats for those favored of of the temple. Marrek stopped by one of those on the isle and motioned for Sssinith to enter first and join him.

"So tell me more of this offering, Ssinith." Marrek invited him. "One must be careful with offerings to Molten."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Adrian Elsonrae

Well...

Post by Adrian Elsonrae »

Ssinith was honored to be in this row and slowly went into the pew and sat down with his new friend.

"Well... I was first going to offer a prayer asking permission to use the energy in the temple in order to show Molten that I have been becoming more powerful as he wished me to get. If he would say no, I would merely, then offer my prayers. I have learned much today... and it is nothing harmful, really. Just evidence to him that I have been persuing my goals for his honor."

He bowed his head slightly and sighed.

"I have no idea when the guild will be asking for their dues, so offerings of gold are going to be hard to calculate."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"An action offered to Molten with your whole heart is worth more than any amount of metal, Ssinith." Marrek assured him. He easily slid a dagger from his belt and held it such that Ssinith could easily see it. The blade was steel polished to a mirror shine. The hilt was the dull red of an old lava flow chased with jet black pieces of basalt. Even one with no knowledge of metalcraft knew they beheld a masterwork. "I worked on this until I knew I could not make a better one. On that day, I braved the Inner Sanctum, and I offered this blade to Molten as the greatest gift to him I could give."

Marrek paused and looked into Ssinith's eyes. "He rejected it." He said flatly. "What need have I for metal now cold and unflowing?" Marrek sighed in rememberance. "But then he said, 'But your years of toiling at your forge working at that blade with no thoughts but my glory. That tribute I accept and expect the same from you always.'"

Marrek sighed contentedly at the memory. "Come here for guidance and for strength. Prove yourself to Molten in your everyday life."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Wow...

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Amazing..." Ssinith replied, listening well to the smith's words.

He paused and pondered on the story, nodding to himself, then returning his gaze to Marrek.

"I will remember that... thank you." Ssinith replied. "Many at my school do not understand or appreciate the gods... but they are at least wise enough to respect them. As scholars, however, is it not foolish to not examine the full spectrum of the universe? Particularly with Molten, as his sphere IS power... some priests here have also questioned my path... but knowledge in and of itself is one of the greatest powers of all. The fabric of this universe is something to be respected. Many who study sorcery have no concept of this... energy is just there to be plucked and used to their own devices."

Ssinith bowed his head, getting angry as he recalled many of the students in his classes who simply didn't care about what they were learning.

"Here it is the opposite in a few cases... although I appreciate that they are fully devoted to Molten, they do not take the time to study things they do not understand. It does not mean they need to use it... but to simply say something is wrong without clearly knowing what fully occurs on the other side leaves one open to foolishness."

Ssinith smiled to himself, chuckling a little.

"At first I wanted to simply become a sorcerer like all the ancient texts and have my own tower with all the books of the world... but now... I want to use those gifts to make a difference. Good, bad... who knows... things have not changed in a long, long time... and change is one of the key factors of power."

He turned to Merrick with another smile... he spoke in a more hushed tone in the case other "important" people were sitting in the same area.

"Would it not be a wonder to have Molten in full power around Gulanadur, Merrick? To have the houses who are with him to be the true stronghold?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I think those wondrous days may already be upon us, lad!" Merrek smiled widely at him and clapped him on the back once more. "Is not Her Majesty, Queen Ser'raquine, of House Devir, the House most devoted to Molten?"

Merrek leaned in and lowered his voice to match Ssinith. "She is young true but listen not to the nay-sayers and powermongers. Mark my words, Ssinith. The rough times ahead to hold onto Her throne are simply the refining fires of Molten. The dross will melt away and what remains will be glorious!" Ssinith could see the rapture in Merrek's eyes at that thought. "Yes, she will be glorious." He murmured again in satisfaction.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Aye, but...

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"I have no doubt about her Majesty, my friend." Ssinith replied with a smile... but a slight concern in his eyes started to arrive as he kept his voice low.

"But house Maerret is still not on top of the economy, our family who also worships Molten. With whispers of war on the surface, it will be harder for us to keep a pace with D`Altamooriana's weapons. I take nothing away from you, as you work directly for house DeVir, but House Maerret could use a new product or technology to kick them ahead... to do so would solitify Her Majestie's reign even further. Although I am but a student in the Mages Guild, I do hope to possibly look into ways of doing just that in the future... but I have no way to get my foot in the door, and no funds in order to even think about such research. Quite frankly, when the guild finally inquires about their dues, I will have little left to eat with."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"It is true that House Maerret is not yet the highest of the merchant houses but connected to the Noble Devir how can we fail to become that in time. We must heed the example of Molten. Heat and pressure may build up for years before finally breaking forth in molten glory. So it shall be with us. Still, you are right that House Maerret must always seek to expand and improve."

Merrek simply looked at Sssinith for a moment then nodded his head decisively. "If you can convince me of the soundness of your ideas, friend Ssinith, I will aid you in convincing others when the time comes." He offered.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Time

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Thank you, I must remember that patience." Ssinith replied. "The energy of youth, I suppose. Or so my father often complains, anyway."

He smiled to himself for a few moments before returning his attentions back to Merrick.

"I have ideas, but they are only theory. I would require more knowledge on metalurgy and alchemy. It may take those very years... I want to study energy in its fullest. Molten's artistic fingers on how he wields his glorious power is the finest example. Perhaps once I have learned the core from the Mage's Guild, I can become a layman here. I am too young in my faith to even consider full priesthood... perhaps they have layman positions where I can learn to understand Molten and my faith."

He looked into his heart for a moment... trying to figure out what he wanted in his young life... there seemed to be more confidence in his spirit now as he finally came to a decision.

"I want power... but not without Molten by my side." Ssinith revealed. "Any power not sanctioned by his grace for my life is nothing to be concerned with. I want to bring people to him... people who are leary of priests and following Molten. Priests can do a wonderful job... but there are those who simply desire to turn their hearts away because they do not understand priests... they can understand the son of a book merchant who has gained power through Molten's intervention and the blessing of his through generations. And as I have experienced, many priests choose not to understand sorcerers and are afraid of what they do not understand."

He dared not touch Molten's power, but held out his hand with a small prayer. He didn't know why, perse, but he felt in his heart that he would be getting something in his hand.

"I want to unite my heart and mind, Molten. A tool for your greater glory. I will offer up my study to your greater glory and become an Archmage. Even through my first days, I have grown in such great respect for your awesome power. Please aid me in not losing sight of my purpose."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

His hand remained cupped, upraised and empty.

However, the mark of Molten flared upon his body in reponse to his prayer. It seemed but a moment of searing, euphoric pain. Faces flashed him of every priest and priestess he had ever met in this temple. Each one bore a look that was half amusment and half acceptence.

The faces flew across his vision in an instant yet when it was over, there was a priest upon the dais hands upraised as he preached to the crowd.

"Remember! Remember most of all, children of Molten, that whatever you do you do for Molten! Blacksmiths, go forth and smith for Molten. Bakers, let the fires of your oven be a daily prayer to Our Fiery Lord. Nobles, go forth and lead in Molten's example. Seek mortal wisdom to excel in whatever craft you choose to wield, but let every action you take seek Motlen's glory and not your own."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Adrian Elsonrae

Smoked!

He felt like he was getting fried once again... but there was that wisdom again. He wasn't sure if he was on the ground or standing up anymore, but he blinked and heard the priest. He felt like that if he breathed out, there would be smoke... but he smiled, getting the wisdom in his heart.

"Praise you Molten for your focus!"

Do it for you... Is it that simple? Ssinith thought. Forgive my impudence, Molten. I am so used to everything being so complicated. A simple concept, but one must be strict to follow it...

"Every action..." Ssinth said to nobody in particular. "I must get started..."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: This marvelous sermon is courtesy of Lómiodien Waelith. Great stuff!

That priest ended his sermon and stepped to one side to allow another to speak.

This priest was dressed impressively. He donned a full length robe of deep blood red, and a hooded black cloak that swept out behind him like a snake, echoing his every movement like a curling black shadow at his feet. The hood cast a shadow over his face, and he threw it back dramatically to reveal eyes dark enough to seem like deep black voids, his lips curling into a smile of silent satisfaction. His black hair was tousled, parts of it greying silver, so that he seemed to glimmer in the torchlight. Most impressive of all was his albino-like skin, as white as snow. This amazing contrast between eyes, hair and skin made him an impressive entity to survey, and the crowd held their breath for him to start speaking.

‘Children of Molten.’ His booming voice rang out, commanding the immediate attention of the whole temple. All heads turned to see the priest, his arms outstretched in welcome to the congregation. ‘Children of Molten,’ he repeated, surveying the faces before him, a slight smile playing on his lips. His eyes passed briefly over Ssinth, nodding, ‘Welcome.’

The priest waited, letting the atmosphere of the temple seep into his bones like a reviving medicine. He let the crowd’s anticipation fuel his adrenaline and he closed his eyes and breathed the air around him deeply, drinking it in like liquid. Opening his dark eyes, he began.

‘How may of you wake in the morning and dread the day to come?’ he demanded, his deep voice bouncing off the walls and echoing into the ears of the congregation, ‘How many of you wake up and feel like there is nothing else to be done in the new day? That you’ve done all there is in your life and now you are just slaving over a hot forge, a bland desk, a rusting sword? Who of you here can say that you have never felt that desolation, that icy loneliness at least once in your life??’ He glared around impressively, inviting anyone to reply and face his wrath. ‘I can answer that question.’ He nodded slowly, ‘I can answer that, because I know. Every single person in this room has felt that, and if we deny it then we deny ourselves, we deny Molten!’

‘All I say to you is: FUEL YOUR FAITH.’ He stood away from the altar and moved towards the front pew, ‘Molten expects us to honour him in whatever craft we choose to wield, in whatever path we choose to take. Let every moment you breath be a moment dedicated to Molten, Lord of Fire, Magma and Industry!’ His voice had risen in pitch. He was in his stride. He had grasped everyone’s undivided attention, ‘Let every action you take seek Molten’s glory and NEVER your own. So when you wake up in the morning and despair in your craft, remember that it is through your craft that you honour Molten, and in despairing in your craft, you DESPAIR IN YOUR GOD.’

‘Let you industry fuel your faith! When you toil for hours, days, months, years over your work, remember that it is not the final product that your are dedicating and honouring to Molten. It is the SWEAT, the BLOOD, the pressure and tears that allows you to bask in his undivided focus!’

‘Fuel Your Faith! Let your industry fuel the conviction, the devotion you have in your Lord! We are his children! He is our Father! Let his sons and daughters show him the confidence we have in him! We will honour Molten! And when you feel your loyalty slipping, use the fuel of your Faith to find him!’ The grand ending was accompanied by the priest throwing open his arms, the black cloak spreading wide like an eagles wings to reveal patterns on the inner fabric of gold and silver thread that glittered in the torchlight. The final echoes of his booming voice were absorbed into the bones of the temple.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

By George, I think he's got it!

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith was spellbound by the sermon, absorbing the words into his being and nodding. At the end, he stood up with that great enthusiasm that a young follower would have.

"Praise to Molten, father!" he replied with a shout, speaking in that passion that only a faithful could know. "It is our growth, then, that Molten takes delight in? Much like the lava as it turns to the steady ground we all tread upon?! I have searched for this answer since I have given my life to him!"

Eureka!

He had finally got it... and oh what a fool he was for being blind to that simple fact in the past few days! He had just come with the true conclusion of the faith of Molten that he had been looking for in his heart.

"I see it now! Giving every ounce of being of who you are into all you do so that one gains the strength they need in their everyday lives! This is our divine sacrifice! Each and every one of us a chain, an archepelego not unlike the Isles, burning with the same inferno in our hearts and souls that is Molten! Each time we break the fabric of our limits, we grow taller... and taller, giving glory abound to Molten by what we do in our everyday lives for his divine influence! Giving not just your abundance, but testing your faith by having it cost you something! Blood... gold... pain those things that might not be conveniant for us, but in the long run, will make us stronger in the process! Can you imagine those in this world will not even lift a finger to make a difference in their lives because they find it inconvieniant? We are Molten's Children! Our faith in Molten gives us the strength we need to in order to give him glory by bettering ourselves not for ourselves... but for the mighty Glory that is our divine sovereign, MOLTEN!"

Where it came from was the heart... whether it was supposed to be there or not by ettiquite's standards, he had no idea. He was on fire for Molten, and was on an intellectual and spiritual epiphany. Perhaps one day, he would become a priest, but the fire in his heart was too glorious to be held back...

He laughed with tears in his eyes as he sat back down, exhausted, unable to contain his joy... this was faith, and stepping out of the box to do it.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The priest turned around in surprise and stood solid and unmoving as one of the pillars that held up the temple as Ssinith spoke.

"Like the lava seething beneath the earth so too does Molten's truth burst forth unexpectedly and with great force!" The priest thundered back in reply with a wide smile on his face. "Well spoken Child of Molten. Let all raise their voice to our Blistering Lord and to his truths."

The temple erupted in joyous shouts of praise to Molten so much so that Ssinith's laughter could barely be learned above the din. Ssinith felt Merrek clap him heartily on the back and support him as the temple echoed with the thunderous noise. The priest dropped his arms and withdrew once more as did the rest of the clerics upon the dais. The everburning flame in its serpentine bowl was placed upon the altar for those that wished to worship in private to signal the end of the service. Ssinith was sure that more sermons were meant to be given. Either he had blanked out longer than he thought earlier or else no one wanted to follow that.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Laughing mad!

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith was just laughing quietly, tears streaming down his eyes with a cheshire grin across his lips. His head tilted back to the ceiling, he just basked in the bliss of realization and let his spirit be giddy from Molten's wisdom.

He took a couple of burns to compose himself before blinking up at Merrick.

"So that is faith." he said as a fact, as if affirming what he spouted earlier, still giving a few giggles. "Time to practice it."

He dragged himself from his seat, wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes on his sleeve, still giggling at feeling Molten's powerful wisdom. He wondered if his sister was there to see that in the back of his mind, but he had never been so focused on Molten in his life. He was teetering back and forth like a drunkard, but the drink of revelation was one of the finest wines around.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"More than faith lad, you've actually touched the fires this day.' Merrek laughed along with him. "It was a joy to witness, Ssinith, a joy to witness. Here I thought Molten had sent you to me learn but I see now it was to teach!"

Merrek's sure grip kept him steady as they walked through the emptying temple.

"Praise Molten!"
"Well spoken, sir!"
"It was an inspiration!"
"I must shake your hand!"

The crowd of worshippers would not leave Ssinith be as they came up one after another to thank or praise him for his words.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Adrian Elsonrae

Whoh!

Ssinith was slightly taken aback by the flow of people arriving to congradulate him and stood up quietly. He closed his eyes and sighed, looking around him.

"Molten guide my words." he muttered

"My friends, it was Molten's wisdom." Ssinith replied. "The only praise I may slightly deserve is allowing myself to be his tool to pass it along to you all. If you allow him passage into your own heart and spirit, you too could say or do such wonderous things."

He turned to Marrek and smiled.

"It is the differance between doing something in Molten's honor and living his will. His will for my life was to grow in wisdom and become a sorcerer when I asked him for his blessing upon my life journey. We each have something we do best in our lives... it is the fabric of our being. No matter what we do in life, yes it is nice to dedicate a project or set aside money for Molten and his glory. But it has been revealed today that what truly brings his delight and glory into our lives is the fact that we run the extra thirty yards to our goals and aspirations. Why? Because we, as mortals, have limits. It takes Molten's power to get us through when we have exhausted all else in our lives to get us over that final threshold. It is that one final jolt from the earth that causes the explosion and strengthens us."

He clenched his fists at his sides, shaking with a strange gladness. He looked upward again, laughing quietly with a smile before returning his gaze to the people.

"I can tell... I am much stronger than when I first entered here. I am sure you can too! Can you not feel the warm embers of Molten's laughter like candlelight in the pitch of night?"
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The people nod again at the wisdom of his words and praise both him and Molten all the more. Eventually the line of well-wishers dies away and Merrek and Ssinith are left to their own devices.

"Stronger in faith to be sure. I swear I can feel Molten's warmth radiating from you. I should set you in my rooms as a lamp." Merrek teased him.

"Come Ssinith. Let me guide you home." Merrek offered. "I think you'd not make it otherwise." He gently guided Ssinith towards the exit. By the doors stood the priest that spoke before Ssinith. He was still in his robes of lava red but the hooded cloak of black had been left behind. He looked more approchable somehow without that cloak shadowing his movements.

"Good tide to you, flare of Molten." He greeted Ssinith in his rolling voice. "I would speak with you."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Adrian Elsonrae

Uh... oh.

He turned to Marrek and smiled, nodding. He gathered his satchel and other items before heading to the exit.

"Thank you." he replied.

It was then he ran into the priest and blinked at him. Approachable as he was, he could feel the heat from him.

"Of course, father... My name is Ssinith." he replied.

He looked to Marrek for a moment, wondering if he would wait for him before going to speak with the priest.

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”