Non-Human Residents of Dort

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Non-Human Residents of Dort

Post by Guest »

A discussion meant to help us be consistent in creating random NPCs and help clarify Dort's racial make-up for the World Guide.

Post by Guest »

Half Giants

I'd say they might be pretty rare. However, the Duchess herself is a half giantess so we might have a few of her kin or retainers within the ranks of the Duke's household guard.

Just a random idea. I hadn't realized we had a half giant Duchess until I reread the NPC archives recently.

Post by Guest »

Halflings

Scytale:
Okay, the WG says we have a halfling community. I've never seen hide nor hair of it. Soooo, do we want a halfling community? Logical location would be somewhere in Middlemarch?

What benefits are there to having one?

Perdita:
Ooh!

Yes, I second Middlemarch. Unless we put them in the woods, which might account for the no contact. But no, I think MM.

Benefits: more plotlines involving Mother religion, possible prejudices, er...might encourage some more halfling PCs, but I doubt it. I quite like the idea of the halfling battle for their own part of the island, like Nazareen, but probs not enough PCs to play with that.

Scytale:
I guess I am just reluctant about having yet another community of non-humans that have not been fully developed. We still don't know what cultural changes might be coming with the resolution of Project Dwarf.

Perhaps we could make it a very small community of refugees that settled here with the permission of the Duke (with funding from the Dort Company?) and did a marvelous turnaround on what had previously been an unproductive stretch of land? But that's only my personal suggestion. If anyone else wants to give it the old development treatment, be my guest. :)

Wyrdgirl:
Halflings??? I can honestly say that I've never ever heard of halflings in Dort! IMHO there is enough variety in Dort with the Clans, the Abbey, Hafne, Nazareen (still not developed!) and Dort itself, without introducing a whole new race.

However, if you DO want halflings... then why not use one of the Seven Wiches, which were the 7 principal villages of the Midlands? They are already in the Dort description, and haven't been used as far as I know. They are (in no particular order): Kittywich, Northwich, Southwich, Middlewich, Bigwich, Littlewich and Wychway (whose occupants are famnous for getting things the wrong way round).

Thoughts/comments?
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Dead content. No halfling community currently exists in Dort.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Return to “Dort Archive”