Development: Shaping/Druidism Magick

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Scheherazade
Civus

Development: Shaping/Druidism Magick

Post by Scheherazade »

Ashtallion wrote:Shaping is a Faith Magic. Apprentices are taught, and also partly self discover, to put their faith and trust in Nature, not a devine being, but in Nature itself. It will follow along the same lines as Priest/Devine magic, but with the deity being replaced by Nature. However, I know it will get confusing sometimes, as the Mother is obviously the 'Patron' if you will, and creator of Nature, however the Mistress of the Leaves plays an aspect in it also.

Shaping follows the route of all magic, in that the apprentices are taught meditation, centering etc, possibly Shielding as Sorcerers learn, however I am still thinking on that. The main difference will obviously be the type of energy the Shaping Apprentices search for. They will also have to give Nature their love, as a priest would love his or her god/dess, and in return the apprentices become 'one' with Nature, in tune with it, they will feel its pain at times but also when it is 'happy' and healthy.

Much of their abilities are focused on the caring, nurturing and promotion of growth in all the plant life of Taquar, its trees, flowers and other forms of vegetation. This may also include crops which in turn would aid in Taquar's trading with other countries etc. However, I also believe the Shapers should have limited defensive and offensive capabilties, which will mainly include the 'control' of trees, vines and other plant life to protect or attack invaders, hostile parties etc.

Now, I placed control in inverted commas, as Shapers do not control the flora and fauna, but work with it, co-operate and 'ask' for help. This comes instinctively over time as the Shapers grow in mastery of their skills.

Twisted Shapers are basically the same as Shapers, save for one major difference, their power is all about actual control over the plant life, not a 'friendship' like normal Shapers. They seek to Master the life force of trees etc, and use them for their own personal advantages. Their offensive abilites are more advanced, as they develop ways in which they can corrupt Nature and pervert it to kill and intentionally harm other beings.

I'll add more once I get my thinking cap on again. hehe. Hope this helps, in only in a small way for now.

*Development paused since Asht's resignation as Mod of Taq.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Asht wrote a Career FAQ sheet for us, that is now in the new information site. It would do well to do a write up for the magick section as well.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Return to “T'aquar Archive”