preparations (SH 20 eveningtide~~bazaar)

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

preparations (SH 20 eveningtide~~bazaar)

Post by Guest »

Scornac had been up and out early that morning. He doubted anyone would even notice him missing. He moved along the bazaar searching for the desired item. Elamshin was not only into politics as he had learned but was as well a merchant house. He now searched for where could find clothing that was made by those of the Elamshin household. The only way he would enter a funeral crowded with family and friends of the house was to appear to be of the house.

His dark eyes scanning the booths around inside the bazaar. He had been searching for hours,and it had to be about almost tradetide. He had no clue wether or not the cremony had started or was already over but if he could find a merchant from the house he might not only get that information he might be able to get his needed supplies.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The Elamshin house has suffered much in recent times. Even before the rash of deaths that has plagued them their finances have been in decline and their goods less and less common in the bazaar. Thanks to the criers, the assassinations of the Elamshin family were the talk of the bazaar and that too made them scarce this day.

Still they were merchants and there were always though to whom money is worth any risk. It was was not difficult to find tents with the Elamshin sigil emblazoned upon it. Finding one that sold cloth and clothing was the detail that turned burns of searching into almost a mark. It was a large tent with many bolts of fine cloths in wooden racks along with a few formal robes of fine design hung to entice the passer-by. It was staffed by two young adhiel, one male and one female. Both are dressed in mourning clothes of deep black yet still manage to look stylish and elegant in their sorrow.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Scornac Lunari was relieved to have finally found the tent, but his feelings never bubbled above the surface. Forcing a look of sadness he approached the tent and bowed to the two young adhiel. "Sorrowful morningtide to you both, may Anasati bless the rest of your days with happiness. I though have come to purchase some clothing from you. Some thing perhaps like the cloth resting upon your back." He said in a kind fashion.

Scornac was already wondering how to pry out the answer to some of his questions without giving away too much to them. He really needed to know how many would be at the funeral, and as well when the ceremony was to be held.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"The Dark Lady protect you too, young master." The female greeted him. "It is good to hear kind words during such a tide."

She couldn't be more than twenty yahrens of age though the bags under her eyes and red rimmed eyes made her look older. She seemed rather subdued when he entered but his greeting coaxed a smile from her.

"Pardon me if I intrude upon grief of your own, but do you seek mourning clothes as well, or simply clothes of this fabric?" She inquired delicately.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Scornac sighed and bowed his head as though in silent prayer as she spoke of mourning. "I knew the kind Eskizuria quite well. I had helped her quite a few times in her younger years." He lied. "I have come to buy some mourning clothes. I was invited to the funeral, but misplaced the information. I was hoping to come across someone from the house hold. Someone who had a great sense of style and could hopefuly fill me in on the time of the funeral. I would not dare miss such an occasion. I could not pass on myself if I did not give my farewells." He said and bowing his head rubbed his fingers in his eyes in an attempt to appear as though on the verge of tears before looking back up at the young female adhiel.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I see sir." Scornac noticed that she was standing taller and speaking much more formally that before his story. "You must have been favored of her indeed to have been invited. Her father wanted very few people intruding on his own grief I am told. I only wish I could help you." She sighed. "I was only invited to the Gravetide feast honoring her. But never you mind sir. Why don't you write out a note to the House Steward? My brother can deliver it while I measure you for your suit."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Scornac took in this information and processed it. Turned it over in his mind and formulated an idea. "I have a much better I idea. I believe this gravetide feast will be much more to my taste. A group of people would be safer for me in my current grief than such a small group and if at all I would rather not be at her grave. The pain may prove too much. If you could get me this suit I would be honored to attend this feast with you and your brother. That is if you don't mind." He smirked at her as he spoke kindly. Thougha t the parts on the funeral and on Eskizuria's grave he put on a face of grief and sadness and forced himself to make a single tear trace his cheeks. Oh how he was inwardly enjoying this though.

He now knew though that gravetide was the feast so any other event would be occuring between now and gravetide. He needed to get his suit and make his way to the temple before he missed the cermony, but then again the feast might prove more useful. It would be easier at this meal to slip a little something to Elamshin.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I understand the power of such grief sir. Not even sure I could bear it even if I was allowed." The young adhiel sniffed. "Grief affects us all differently. The master of the House is out mirror image. He wants his sorrow all in private. Can't even share it with all his house." She sighed in sympathy. "Won't even be at the feast to mourn with us."

She took up a tape measure. "Just stand still as you normally would sir and stretch out your arms to your sides." She then began to take his measurements. "You can hardly blame the Master though. This has all been a huge blow to him losing so much so soon. What part of the House business do you oversee? If you don't mind me asking?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Scornac listened and cursed inwardly. He had gotten into the house but he now knew the master would not be at the feast. Now the girl never said he wouldn't be in the home. It seemed he would have his work cut out for him this evening. He stood still ass he did the measurements listening and thinking upon her words.

She then asked him a question that curled his insides. He had not thought of this, but he waisted no time producing an answer. "I was a protector of Eskizuria. One of which would be seen as little as possible. I spent most of my time out training. Other than that I was supposed to follow her silently wherever she went. I was actually her choice for guardian having grown up with her. Alas though she was a sly one, and snuck off without telling me that sorrowful day." He actually almost smiled inwardly thinking he had done well with this lie.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I can see why you wouldn't want to be at the funeral then." The seamstress gasped. "I'm amazed you are still here for us to be having this conversation." She looked up a little fearfully. "They say the Master's rages are terrible. Do you not fear for your safety?" She asked a little breathlessly.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Scornac nodded. I do fear for my safety, and I would be dead had it not been for the fact I was dining that night with the master. We were discussing hiring one more to help me. I might be young but Eskizuria was a sneaky one. It was during our drink she slipped out beneath our noses." He sighed and looked at the ground clenching a fist in mock anger. "I still blame myself for this!" He growled below his breath. I should have taken her to the morningtide meal with me!" he looked up at the young female before him. "As soon as your done I would like to be on my way... I have some last minute shoping to do. I believe a gift for the mistake is in order." He stated solemnly.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I cannot even imagine the gift that would smooth over such an error." The seamstress sighed and took her final measurement. "Your clothes should be ready by the end of the tide, sir. Anasati guide you in the darkness where you walk."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Scornac nodded his head lightly. "Most would think so but I know Elamshin more than most would believe. I thankyou for everything and my Anasati take you when you pass. I would hate to see a soul as vibrant as yours sink from her grasp." A small smile played on his lips as he slipped out of the stall into the crowd heading for the temple of anasati

Scornac had figured that it was still morning tide, and Elamshin would not be at the dinner. He would have to show up for a few moments to make his presence known with the seamstress then leave. He had figured the only reason Elamshin would not attend a banquet in her honor was if he was attending a funeral in her honor. Having this in mind he decided to change course and report back to the guild.

He needed to talk to his politics instructor figure out a few of the important names around the household. Perhaps examine a few paintings of some sort they had in which he could mingle without seeming odd. The best way to blend was to stand out.

Post by Guest »

Scornac returned to the bazaar to take care of two problems, his clothing, and his date. He carried with him this time a bag inside was his fifty feet of then silken rope he knew it would help him that night with his ambush. He as well carried two short swords. All of this he stashed outside the entrance to the bazaar and stepped into the crowded line of streets and tents making a biline straight for the clothiers he head visited earlier. He put on a smile as he stepped up to the tent and entered looking for the seamstress who had helped him so kindly earlier.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The seamstress sat at a wooden desk within the tent putting the finishing stiches into the hem of a pair of pants. The young man that was with her eariler was not inside the tent as near as Scornac could tell.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”