The Muster (Open!)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin waited patiently. His heart raced as the thoughts of coming battle raced through his mind. Calm down, fool. Maybe they'll surrender peacefully. Maybe they are just thieves.

His hand closed around the hilt of his sword as he waited, hidden behind the tree. In his mind he tried to recall how the foes were armed and what to expect. He knew that the larger of the two approached his hiding place and just waited until the man was close enough for Gavin to reach with his sword.

He looked up to make sure there were no branches overhead in which his sword could tangle and then stepped from behind the tree as the man came close. As he stepped closer, his sword came out and he swung it towards the point where his neck met his right shoulder.

The sword would stop within an inch of the man's skin unless the man did something stupid like try to attack. Gavin would have no trouble killing him. He needed only one of them, and the short one seemed to be the leader.

He did hope he would take them by surprise and that there would be no blood pilled that day.

OOC: If the man tries to block or attack continue the swing all the way through. If the surprise works the stand-off has started. :D
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Phillinie

Phil and Sharma cont.

Post by Phillinie »

Phil was disappointed but not surprised the attack did not work; things rarely go as easily as hoped. He had to find a way to use his weapon speed and agility to his greatest advantage. Phil decided to press the action himself to try to control the maneuvers and show his potential employer he was more than just a counter attacker.

Phill jumped to his left with a feint attack. If Sharma took the feint he would jump back to the right and attack the exposed left side of his opponent with a kick followed by a punch. If Sharma did not react to the feint he would jump forward into his opponent with a kick move with his right foot to his head followed by a clockwise sweep to Sharma’s knee.

Post by Guest »

Kelsyk saw Gavin's sword swing towards the bigger of the two men. I hope he wants one of these guys alive, or this could get ugly. Probably best if I go after the skinny guy, since Gavin's got the big guy handled.

Kelsyk stop moving slowly and trying to be stealthy. He charged at the smaller of the two suspects. As he ran he threw one of his daggers, aiming for the mans shoulder or arm. Hopefully this doesn't miss and hit him in the head or back. That would probably kill him, and we want him alive. As he got closer he leapt into the air, trying to tackle the man to the ground.
Anarión Herunna

Post by Anarión Herunna »

Enzirou

"Well, well, then Enzirou. I am Marten. You are quite big. And strong I take it. We can use a pair of sturdy hands, and capable. First you must complete a task for me though. I test those recruits whom wish to join me band. Now, Sharma is busy fighting that other recruit right now, so we shall have to come up with something different," Marten placed a finger thoughtfully on his nose and stopped parading. He looked down where the kid with all the weapons was still standing. The child was simply waiting, and up until now not Enzirou or Marten had payed him any attention. The large pile of weapons were now slowly getting to heavy for him and with a sigh he flung them onto the ground carelessly.

"My apologies, mister. And you to mister. It was too heavy," he admitted and stared at the pair. He shuffled his feet and began to twin his fingers.

Marten grinned and laughed hoarsely. "No worries, child. You did well. Run along now." And with that the adolescent ran away from the scene and joined the other kids in a playful manner.

"Now. A task? A task of wits it is then. Solve this riddle, and I will let you join my band. Simple enough," a ingenious look came across the facade of Marten and again he grinned only now in a sly manner.

"Well then. A man is supposed to be excecuted. The king however is unable to decide whether or not he is going to hang the man or boil the man. Either resulting in death of course... So he says to the condemned man: You may make a final statement. If what you say is true, you will hang. If what you say is not true, you will boil. My question to you Enzirou is this: How can the comdemned man neither be hanged nor boiled? If you can answer me that - I will let you join me band. Heehehee. Think of it. And perhaps someone here can offer you a hint if you are unable to solve my riddle."
Anarión Herunna

Kelsyk and Gavin

The larger of the pair was quickly towards the place where Gavin so conveniently was hiding. He did not bother keeping quiet any longer and lumbered forward.

Gavin stepped out and suddenly the other man stopped. And it was better of him not continue his movement because not a hair away from his throat was the weapon. The thief or whatever he was breathed carefully and was standing motionless. His hand though was creeping downwards - searching for anything which might save him. Or kill him.

At the same time, Kelsyk lunged forward through bushes and branches making so much noise the three men (just now three) in the small clearing all heard him. The small male also felt the dagger grazing his right shoulder before it continue into the shrubs on the other side of the clearing. Surprised and scared he wonder what or who would hurl a dagger. Aimed to hurt him. Unprovoked. Gavin and his opponent, or at least the latter did not pay Kelsyk much attention. He had no other option but to stand quite still.

The colleague tried to turn to face whatever was behind him. Unsuccessfully though, Kelsyk barged into him and pulled him with him to the ground. And there they were, entwined arms and legs basking and fighting - lying on the ground face to face. During the impact Kelsyk had lost the dagger. Unless he could pull more daggers from his garment in the fight he would have to wreste this sly man. The balded man flung an elbow in Kelsyk's chest and tried simultaniously to get away from the fight.
Last edited by Anarión Herunna on Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarión Herunna

Phillnie

Sharma was a real experienced warrior. He had done this inagguration test before. No matter the outcome Phillnie should be happy that they were fighting the same opposition.

Phillnie faked to the left, and Sharma actually went with the movement. So now Phillnie jumped back to the right where in fact Sharma's side was wide open. Had the large beast really left himself so vulnerable? The kick impacted on Sharma and he was rewarded with a grunt and a heavy sight. Next came the punch. It also connected with the large man albeit it seemed not to affect him.

Well, not affect him, would be wrong. Because although Sharma seemed unfazed by the hit, he sprung into action and moved forward with incredible speed. In a flicker Sharma was next to Phillnie and embraced him in a real bearhug. Caught between the arms (equal of Phillnie's own thighs - the seize that is), Phillnie was pinned and Sharma applied some of his strength to squeeze Phillnie.

In the heat of the battle, a toothless grin actually split Sharma's face now that he had Phillnie in his bearhug.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin just stood and watched the man straight in the eyes. Then the movement of his hand caught his eye and he shook his head gently.

"Now, lad, I would not do that. Keep your hands where I can see them and don't make any sudden movements. You don't need a weapon, and are outnumbered three to one. Just relax and stand very still."

He noticed Kelsyk coming out of the bushes and tangling with his opponent. Yet there was nothing he could do to help the boy. So he just turned to his prisoner and smiled. The smile lasted a mere flicker and was replaced with a scowl.

"I think you need to explain something to me. Who are you and why are you following me? And don't try to lie, cause I'll know. I am not in a particularly good mood today, and bad things happen when I am in a bad mood."

As he spoke he lowered his sword to the man's neck and slowly slid it along trying to draw a bit of blood and press his point.

Post by Guest »

OOC: uh Anarion, what happened to the dagger I threw at the skinny guy? Did it hit, or miss him completely?
Last edited by Guest on Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarión Herunna

OOC: Kelsyk, my mistake. I must have somehow skipped that particular fact. I'll change it right away. Throwing a knife though? Not very nice. :P
Phillinie

Phill and Sharma

Post by Phillinie »

Obviously, he suckered me in for this bear hug, thought Phil as he felt the air being squeezed out of his lungs. Need to get out of this before he puts on full pressure and breaks a rib or worse.

Although his arms were pinned to his side, Phill still had the one dagger in his hand. He didn’t want to seriously hurt his opponent with the blade and also feared dropping it if he had to switch it around in his hand so he tried to place the pommel against Sharma under his ribs and put the hilt against his own body so that when Sharma would squeeze it may add to whatever pressure Phil was able to apply. In conjunction with this move, Phillinie attempted to strike Sharma in the groin with his knee, a tactic sometimes successful in loosening the grip. After attempting a few knee strikes, Phil will try to strike Sharma’s nose with his forehead.

If successful in breaking free, Phill will press the attack and attempt to sweep the feet out from under the large man to knock him to the ground.

If not successful in breaking free, Phill will attempt to draw a small dagger with his other hand and use the point of the knife to get free.
Last edited by Phillinie on Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Enzirou stood there for a long period of time pondering the riddle. " I'm no good at riddles but this is the only way I'll get into his group". After another long period of time Enzirou looked up at Marten with uncertainty and said "The man will say, I will boil" .He then waited anxiously to see if his answer was correct.
Anarión Herunna

Gavin and Kelsyk

"Ahemm," was the response he got from the bearded man. Then a growl while Gavin ran his weapon along the skin on the man and sliced it open. A small stream of blood - no more than a dripple - rivered down his neck and colored and stained the white tunic he was wearing.

"Lower yer sword, Gavin, an' I might be able to say something," the man replied and shivered at the sight of the weapon and its edge stroking the skin. He said the name - Gavin - with a tinge of slyness and satisfaction. Surely it could not be a coincidence the man knew about Gavin or at least his name?

"My name 's Hunder. Now lower yer sword, or I ain't sayin' nothin'. I might even run right into it and kill myself. What will ye do then, Gavin?" The man lauged, still his hand had stopped moving and had somehow regained his composure. The intonation carried a certain assuredness, and fearless look appeared on his facade. "And who says anythin' 'bout follow you? Me and Rat were simply enjoying a brisk walk in the splendid weather before shippin' out? Ain't that lawful enough???"

Now the three men whom belong to Will's unit came into view. Finally the men rushed forward and cheered loudly. They had not yet seen Kelsyk fighting on the ground with Rat.
Anarión Herunna

Phillnie

It was an impossible try to move his arms and even his hands to manouever the blunt end of his knife towards Sharma. The bearhug quickly drained Phillnie, and his strength was diminishing rapidly. Every flicker mattered. Oxygen was not getting out to all parts of his physical being and especially his hands begun to feel numb.

The legs Phillnie was still - under the circumstances free to move - and he was rewarded with a heavy grunt when his knee impacted on Sharma's groin. The colossal hurled Phillnie out of his arms, if that was at all possible, and fell backwards into the crowd. His hands were firmly clinched around his family jewels, and he had long ago dropped the practice-sword. He fell to his knees and stared helplessly at Phillnie with pleading eyes.

"Pain!" Those were the only thing that could be heard through the constant hizzing.

The bystanders had many clasped a hand onto their mouth and were pointing to the downed man. Laugh erupted among some of them, while others simply expressed their understanding with the enourmous male.

It seemed Marten was busy talking to another warrior behind the small group, yet he kept a watch with the fight and waved Phillnie over.
Anarión Herunna

Enzirou

"Hmmm. I might have to come up with a more difficult riddle to keep ruffians like yerself out. Hehehe. Well done, Enzirou. You may join my company. I don't know what to expect of your fighting skills, so if you die horribly in the battle due to the lack of insufficient training don't blame me," Marten laughed and clapped a hand onto Enzirou's shoulder. A welcoming gesture. Enzirou had been permitted into the unit.

"Now, I would like to know welcome you, recruit Enzirou to the proud company of Marten. You take orders from me and my subordinates. And well, perhaps the Count as well," Marten admitted and laughed a rumbling cackle.

Marten had continously watched the inauguration fight behind them and now it appeared it was over. Surprisingly the smaller warrior had beaten the larger opponent and could now triumph over the downed colossal. The tattooed back of a large warrior shivered frantically before he was able to calm himself.

"Now let us speak with another newcomer. Here he comes. The defeater of Sharma," Marten exclaimed mockingly.

OOC: Phillnie - feel free to join the conversation at any time.
Phillinie

Phil after the test

Post by Phillinie »

Phill picked himself slowly off of the ground and felt the coolness of fresh oxygen entering his lungs. He walked over toward Sharma and picked up his thrown knife. “I owe you a beer for my last move,” he said to the wheezing Sharma while he cleaned both of his weapons and concealed them on his body. He was very happy that the feeling was returning to his fingers and he did not have any broken ribs. He proceeded to brush off the grass and dirt that had clung to his clothes. He walked slowly up to the man who had started this test hoping that he would not sound as winded as he felt.

“Well, I Doubt any bard will be singing about that fight. More like a bar brawl,” he replied to the leaders mocking tone as he approached, “but as my father always said, To win any fight you must know your enemy’s weakness, nice to put it to practical use. Don’t believe I have formally introduced myself; name’s Phillinie.” He held out his hand in a formal greeting to the leader and nodded to the other half-elf standing beside him.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The sword remained poised as Gavin's face did not change. The sword stopped moving, but that was before the man said his words. There was nothing to indicate that the words meant anything to Gavin.

"Oh, mister Hunder who said that I needed you alive. If by any accident you indeed impale yourself upon my sword I still have mister Rat over there to question. And he seems to be the brains behind this little venture."

As the three men burst into view Gavin just turned his head without taking his eyes of Hunder. The sword still hovered near the man's neck and although it did not touch the skin there it was a mere hair breadth away.

"Would you three help Kelsyk capture, that other fella. I have got things well under control here."

His head turned back to Hunder and a wicked smile split his lips.

"Now, where were we mister Hunder? Oh, yes. I was about to move my sword a bit and you were going to remain very still. And then you or in case you were dead mister Rat were gong to tell me who the hell are you, and I don't mean your names, and really what yu might be doing here. Am I correct?"

The sword was withdrawn from the man's neck, but was not sheathed. Gavin placed the blade upon his shoulder so he would appear casual, but could still manage a quick swing if need arises. Gavin looked Hunder straight in the eys, leaving his pripheral vision to register any sudden movement.

"And one more thing mister Hunder. I try not to insult you, so I expect the same from you. None of that 'We were merely taking a stroll through the forest' shit. I know you followed me and I want to know why."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC: i am assuming when you said I lost the dagger you were referring to the one I didn't throw, correct me if I am wrong in that assumption.

As he struggle with the skinny man Kelsyk glanced over at where Gavin had been standing. Well at least he got his area under control for now. So even if this guy escape we still got one, Kelsyk thought as he saw Gavin standing with his sword to the big man's neck.

Using his legs and one arm Kelsyk tried to lever himself off the ground and avoid Rat's elbow. Using the other arm he struggled to push Rat's face into the dirt. Hopefully the would stop his struggling, or at least slow him down a bit.
Anarión Herunna

Enzirou & Phillnie

"Well, well. It seems I have a new pair of recruits. With any more people coming in I will have to create a smaller band. I don't know much about either of you, Enzirou and Phillnie, though both of you have completed the task which I assigned," Marten smiled and clapped in his hands. A comfortable look crossed his facade.

"Now you will answer to me. Like I mentioned and next - under me that is - you answer to Ymir. He is a capable man, and I think you will come to like him. I know him from former campaigns and although I would not trust him with my life. Not that I would trust anyone but me with my life, he is close to it. Obey him, or you are out of my band," the leader watched the pair while they could react to his short and confident speech. Then he turned around and formed a tunnel with his hands.

"YMIR! YMIR!!! GET OVER HERE AND MEET YOUR RECRUITS!!!"

Post by Guest »

"Finally I've made into a group and quite a capable group by the looks of it".Enzirou felt pleased that he had finally made it into Maretn's group "soon the war will be underway and I'll be able to become the great warrior that I've always wanted to be".

Enzirou looked at Marten and saw that he was quite pleased with the group of warriors he had picked up, even though he tried not to show it."I don't have a problem with answering to you and Ymir" Enzirou said happily to Marten, "But when will the battle start and what part will we be playing in the battle?"
Anarión Herunna

Gavin & Kelsyk

"Why sure, Gavin. No more lies," Hunder exclaimed obidiently. There was a tinge of sarcasm, and it could not be mistaken for anything else. Then Hunder showed a pair of crssed fingers. He gritted his pearlies and waved his hand casually in front of and between their faces. A meaningless and bored exterior was set, and he began to trill. It was a common and well-known song. Gavin would recognize it quickly. A song sung among drunkards and guests at lively feasts and such.

"An aged man camp into the bar, draped in feather and tar," the man began to sing proudly and his head swung on his shoulders. Up and down and to the left and the right it bobbed. In an instant his ogles was colored black - the white and brown gone. Then everything was back to normal, while the man continued to sing.

"He was thirsty and asked for a beer, the waiter waited and he was filled with fear," the man continued the song and threw his head back and laughed.

"What could a man do, but kill her fast and true," he finished the small charade.

Hunder blinked at Gavin and smiled cheerfully. "Now, I said I was strolling with my colleague here, Cherio, so we don't want any trouble, Gavin. Simply let us get back to the camp now, and we woun't report you for assualt on a couple of eager and friendly soldiers."

Simultaniouly with the elbow slammed into Kelsyk's face, he shoved the face of the other combatant into the ground. A yielp escaped him while he pushed away from Kelsyk.

He was able to get away from Kelsyk, and then, while he tried to crawl away from the scene two of the three men picked him up.

"What do you want us to do with him, Kelsyk???" The man not holding Cherio asked Kelsyk. Will had earlier given him the command of the three helpers.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Greeting Enzirou and Phil, I be helping you out here as a supportive role, while you make your heroic dash for glory. ;) I hope we all be enjoying this and able to hold a steady flow of post and ofcourse a good time. :)

A broad shouldered man walked too them giving a hardy glare his now new recruits. A huge man with strong beard he stood there as he evaluated the two young man in front him. As Phillin already knew the other day he was indeed a capable swordsman, rough on the edges and not one to be underestimated, even possesing a certain flare for acting if needed. A broad smile crossed his face as his gnashed his teeth making a noise that gave chills across ones spine. “Salut’ to ye Marten, you be needin’ me to rowdy up a couple rooks for ye?” The large towering man slammed a fist into his hand with a loud smack as if he planned to pummel the two gents into submission.

“So ye must be Rou, soun’n a bit like a fairy name to me, non’ taught ye to speak when ye spok’n too?” A large cough came from the yellow haired ‘sergeant’ as he made sure the two boys knew who was in charge. “Me be Ymir, THE guy you can rely on as a good bud as Philly boi know don’t ye, Phill'n? I be helpin’ ye both as else ye’ be roach fodder fightin’ off this scum and that’d be a m’ghty shame, aint ‘t?” Ymir approached both boys taking a good look at them with a serious look, then out of no where he started to laugh and smacked both hard upon the shoulder at the same time. “Marten, these lads will do, they prolly still wet behin’ te ears but I be scrubbin’ that out of ‘m!” Seems everything turned out all right, especially when Phil saw the big guy give him a thumbs up, with a big fat grin covering his densely haired cheeks.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin watched Hunder without changing his expression. The man was either a fool, or he knew something he kept secret. And Gavin really doubted the notion of Hunder being a fool.

"That was a nice tune there, Hunder. And that last bit sounded a lot like a threat to me. Maybe you are innocent. 'Cause if you knew anything about me, than you would know that I don't like to be threatened."

Gavin shifted his sword a bit and looked the man before him straight into the eyes. He noticed that Kelsyk and the others had Cheerio well in hand and so he lowered his voice and growled more than whispered to Hunder.

"Now listen to me. I won't repeat myself. This can go two ways. You tell me why you are following me or I find out the hard way. I am growing tired of these games. I saw many strange thing these past few days and I am really tired of this and that trying to kill me. But, I'll promise you something. If I believe you after you tell me your little tale, then we go to the guards and report it. If I don't believe you, then you scream. Did I make myself clear?"

This time he really meant it. He felt strange. His eyes. There is something strange about his eyes. I better watch out. I don't want another incident like the one in the Palace. One demon is enough. He kept his eyes locked with Hunder's and the muscles in his arm danced with anticipation. He did not know if Hunder would throw his life away, but was ready to assist him if it came to that.
Anarión Herunna

Enzirou and Phillnie

The slender Marten ogled Ymir while he presented himself to the new recruits. A smile crept onto his face, and he kept watching both Enzirou and Phillnie. These men would fit well into the unit, eager and willing to act accorind to his orders. Ymir would do them well. An experienced leader with decent skills in the field. He would be able to guide them and learn them a couple of tricks.

Enzirou wrote:"But when will the battle start and what part will we be playing in the battle?"

Marten's face hardened. His usual featureless facade was transformed into a determinedf front. His lips formed a thin line and he began to answer Enzirou.

"The war has already started. It did the flicker the clansmen claimed their independence. The battle will begin when we ship out. That will be sooner, not later. And part? You will both play the part I will tell you - if it be dressing up like little girls and serving tea to the clansmen then that is what you will be doing! Hahahha," he exchanged looks with Ymir and clapped a hand onto the shoulder of the burly man while laughing. "Now that would have been a scene I would have like to see." He exclaimed laughing.

Another soldier approached the small group and intruded upon the conversation. He was draped in earthly colors - green, brown and yellow. The crest on his garment was an eagle spreading its wing ready to throw itself of a rock and into the sky. A tipped helmet looked comical on his head and he carried a piece of parchment. "Marten Zuiverloon?" He began. It was not really a question, but more of a cogitation. "We are ready to move. Send a small group of scouts out in front of the army?"

Marten nodded and ignored the soldier whom retreated. "I guess the fight will begin then," and his exclamation was cut short of rumbling horn. HuhUUUUUU. HuhUUUUUU. "Ymir, take them with you to the front of the line and get scouting. We wouldn't want to run into an ambush."
Anarión Herunna

Gavin and Kelsyk

Hunder followed the movement of Gavin and shifting of the tip of the sword. He smiled nervously, or was it a tinge of burlesque and simple ignorance, anyway the bearded man listened intently to the hidden threats lain forward. He didn't flinch at all and just shifted his stance and relaxed his head in the large hand.

"Okay, okay, Gavin. We were not simply walking along. You are right," Hunder began. The intonation was shaky and the lip quivered sligthly. He began to sob and kneeled. "We figured you knew something. We were told that you knew something. Me and Cherio." Tidiously he got back up and held his open hands forward. Pledging and mumbling an unhearable prayer.

"They said you knew were the best mushroom were, and we are not that good. We don't know our way around here. We simply wanted to make such a tasting and beautiful sauce. I know its a crime. Hahaha. Forgive us," Hunder smiled again and the tears that ran down the spine of his nose were wiped away quickly. "Now, now, Gavin. Do your worst and I will report you. Or else let us go." The burly man mocked.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

For just a flicker Gavin was temped to kill Hunder on the spot. Then it passed. He remembered the vision he had and he knew that giving in to such impulses would indeed be bad for him.

"See there, again you mock me. Have I not been nice to you? And you tell me lie after lie. And don't even bother to think of a good one. Now, Both of you are captured and I'll find someone to pry the secrets from you. And as for the reporting part, I think you were going to rob me. Now, turn around a kneel. And keep your hands high where I can see them"
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dort Archive”